Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Jan 2013: hooray for tits!

(1000 Posts)

meringue really? I wonder if we do know one another! How old are you?

Birdies Wed 22-Jan-14 11:16:28

That's so sad pascha, poor girls, they're still so young sad

Happy birthday to mini cupcakes. bunty hope boobs are on the mend. Im having trouble bf as I get chomped every time now, I don't know why, but once the jabs are out of the way im going to stop.

We have the MMR and the others (there are 3 aren't there?) this afternoon. I'm dreading it, you never get used to them do you?

Can anyone advise me on what interlocking foam playmat to get - you know, the ones with the letters or just different colours? Ive read reviews saying they contain chemicals but I really need something as we're getting rid of the carpet next week.

Thanks, birdies not feeling better ATM but it is only day two of daktarin, so fingers crossed soon!

meringue ah, you're a couple of years older than me. I'm from <whispers> Armadale. Have completely outed myself if anyone from back home is reading this, as between my job, where I live and my dc names, I am completely and easily identifiable!

I'm back home next weekend for ds's birthday - we should meet one time I'm up for a longer visit!

If the weather is good, I think we'll go to the zoo on Friday. Can't wait - penguin parade!

birdies re mats - I just got some big coloured ones from eBay!

birdies re mats - I just got some big coloured ones from eBay!

glorious Wed 22-Jan-14 17:06:49

pascha that's so sad, how awful sad

Glad your dad isn't too bad lolli

tugs great let's do it!

That's interesting about sitting at a desk, I expect I won't be able to eat as much cake when I do...

Sleep much worse again last night despite ibuprofen sad Took her swimming today in an attempt to wear her out...

pascha how awful for those poor girls.

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. We have had a fab day with friends and family. My dad bought ds a batmobile. An actual powered one he can drive. Where the hell shall I put it???

How awful Pascha sad

So glad there is some good news about your dad Lolli

Well well well Bunty, I can't believe it! What a small world. Defo up for meetup some time. I'm there for a few days at the end of Feb then not again for a while, probably summer smile

Happy birthday Callum!! cake

Pascha Thu 23-Jan-14 09:54:57

Aarrgghh! DH's car is still being fixed at the garage! I have no idea yet whether he will have it tonight or not. If not he will need to take mine tomorrow and I can't go and meet Glorious angrysad[fed up][pissed off]

<fume fume fume>

Lolli Happy birthday for Darcie today cake

Lora1982 Thu 23-Jan-14 10:23:40

Didn't realise id made the last post (woo) I thought fourlegs was ignoring my question and the rest of you had stopped talking :-D.... but no its a new thread :-D

Back to work sunday I nipped in yesterday It was my friends last day before mat leave so I got a card and stuck some painkillers on the front like they'll help ha and crocheted a boob beanie and a star shaped blanket.

Pascha lifes so cruel sometimes, those poor girls thats so sad.

Dps cousin has a 5 week old whos in leg braces etc because of a club foot, ive never met them but everytime I hear tales of his crying and drs doing things to him I feel almost sick with sorry for the poor soul.

Bugsy thrush in the boobs how does this happen and how do you get rid? Not shy to say im glad ive had no further boob ishoos after fukin abcess gate id end up hacking them off myself.

Lora1982 Thu 23-Jan-14 10:25:01

Happy birthday Darcie!

glorious Thu 23-Jan-14 16:42:31

Happy birthday Darcie!

lora love the knitted boob! grin Poor little newborn sad

pascha if tomorrow doesn't work out we can fix another date of course. But I've got my fingers crossed!

mrsbug Thu 23-Jan-14 18:09:34

Happy birthday Darcie!

Day three back at work. Yuk. Dd is still enjoying nursery although she has another tooth coming through and is generally miserable today.

Happy birthday Darcie!

DS went up to a little boy who was crying and gave him a huge hug - so cute!

Has anybody started offering cows milk as a drink yet? How do I go about it? Just put some in his cup and hand it over?

Happy birthday, darcie!

lora I think it's from when she accidentally broke the skin when she pulled off the boob violently, it let in some nasties, and it started from there. Couldn't get through to my doctors today despite phoning for 90 mins, so I'm going to see if I can get in with out of hours tonight. sad

pascha fingers crossed for car!

happy hope your scan was a positive one x

Happy birthday Darcie!

Ow Bunty, hope that gets better soon sad

How sweet, Cupcakes!

We tried to put cows milk in his bedtime bottle - that went down like a lead balloon smile

lollipoppi Thu 23-Jan-14 18:55:22

Thanks all, had a lovely day, we went to baby splash this morning then family came round this afternoon

Happy hope your ok, how did the scan go?

Cupcake that's adorable!

Pascha hope the car gets fixed and you can have your meet up

Dd is way over tired now after today, bed time all round smile

Happy birthday darcie.

pascha those poor girls, thats so sad sad Hopeyour car is sorted soon.

cupcakes we tried cows milk in Ivys cup and she wasn't at all intrested. The others were simikar i think and seem ok for not having cups of milk after bf stopped (at 10, 12 and 13 months)

happy hope your ok x

bunty hope you get to see dr soon. poor you, you'd think we'd all be safe from problems at this point!

ivy all quiet today, bit worried shes coming down with something!

Lostbobbles Thu 23-Jan-14 20:55:34

Happy Birthday Darcie x and belated to Callum for yesterday.

Loving the sound of the batmobile, was going to get L a push along sit in beetle but DH gave me the look so didn't pursue.

Creepy good to hear you had a good first day at work. Oh and random but how the hell did you ever manage the 30day shred? I did level 1 the other night and have already veered onto 60 days trying for alternate days and not sure that is going to happen my body is aching.

Pascha, such tragic news, life is so cruel, poor family. One of DD1 school friends mum passed last year leaving two young children. When I see the little girl and her dad it just breaks my heart.

Lolli, wish your dad well x

Lostbobbles Thu 23-Jan-14 21:06:28

Cupcakes, L is drinking cows milk. I warm it a bit and put it in a sippy cup. Wasn't greatly received at first but drinks it now.

Also I have over the last week just changed bed bf for cup is bit whingey at first but I pretend to drink the cup and she then wants it grin did give in and bf in middle of night couple of days ago though

Feel little bit sad at giving up BF but weirdly liberated at same time.

happyhow Thu 23-Jan-14 21:13:28

Scan as expected. Baby measured 6 +2 and should've been 13 today by their dates. Had MVA this afternoon after waiting for 4 bloody hours and being told very little. Took 10 mins and was horrendous emotionally. I wasn't sure about being awake for it - NEVER again! Just seemed so unnatural and wrong. And I was far too aware of what was going on and being a biologist, I understood everything that was being said and knew all the physiology etc. I currently have a GIANT glass of wine in my hand....

We've tried B with cows milk but he's not really fussed. Gets a huge serving of yogurt from us every tea time and nursery give him that plus cheese/milk etc in his food.

Pascha, how awful. Those poor girls.

Pascha Thu 23-Jan-14 21:24:05

Oh Happyhow I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself and enjoy that wine tonight. X

Daniel takes any milk from any vessel. He's such a greedyguts likes boobies best but quite happily sips cows milk or any other milk from a sippy cup or an open cup if I help him <unhelpful>

Very cute, cupcakes they are so lovely at this age aren't they?

Car is fixed. Tomorrow is on!

Lostbobbles Thu 23-Jan-14 22:05:39

So sorry Happy, best wishes and enjoy the wine. Very emotional experience.

Angielka Fri 24-Jan-14 08:36:52

so sorry happy

thanks happy

glorious Fri 24-Jan-14 10:19:41

happy I'm so very sorry thanks Look after yourself won't you.

cupcakes that's really cute, bless!

I'm on my way to meet pascha !

This thread is not accepting new messages.