Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jan 2013: hooray for tits!

(1000 Posts)

meringue really? I wonder if we do know one another! How old are you?

glorious Fri 14-Feb-14 13:41:38

Should clarify, am on a list of people who were good but not quite good enough at interview so they appoint from that list when more jobs come up. First offer was in July. Gutting. The list expires in March.

Lostbobbles Fri 14-Feb-14 17:40:03

How crap is that Glorious! Very unprofessional mistake.

Wish E better x

L survived jabs, bless her three in one go is horrid.

glorious Fri 14-Feb-14 17:53:57

I suppose I should be grateful it's even a possibility, and I am really, but right now I'm just upset. Once was annoying, twice is just ridiculous.

sad to jabs. Got E's planned for next week presuming this fever ever goes.

mrsbug Fri 14-Feb-14 19:52:15

Hi all, not been posting much in the week as I am getting home from work and going to bed shock

Dd has had a cold and conjunctivitis and has given both to me. We're both cranky as a result.

Tonight dp is making me a special valentine's day meal. I am putting dd to bed and can smell chocolate... Exciting!

mrsbug Fri 14-Feb-14 19:54:14

Ps hope everyone is ok in this weather. The car park at work flooded today but apart from that we're ok - it's times like this I'm glad we live in a first floor flat

lollipoppi Sat 15-Feb-14 12:54:59

Just catching up after a very busy valentines week at the shop!
Still in pain but that's my own fault for working and not resting

Ouch to all the ear infections, they are truly awful hope the babies are better soon

Lost that made me laugh about your car! You should change your name to lostcar ...... confused To how unfunny I am

Glorious that's very unprofessional and upsetting for you

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, were off to cheshire oaks tomorrow to treat ourselves and the kiddys for the first time in ages!

Lostbobbles Sat 15-Feb-14 15:09:56

Injections are shit, DD2 currently rocking a 39.4 temp, I just said do you want to go to sleep and she walked to the stairs! Bless her she's really not herself.

It's DH birthday today, yes maybe should of thought about injection timing a little better, but that's what happens when you only have one brain cell remaining! DD2 was going to stay at MIL but she is going to come here now and if any probs will just come home, I won't be late anyway as will have DD1 with us.

Enjoy your trip Lolli

Hope everyone else has good weekend

Hope everyone had a good Val day
Hope Ellen and miniLost feel better soon

Apples you may as well. In our area you can self refer to IAPT now, you just ring the GP to get the number. I self referred in September and got seen right away because with a baby under 1 you are prioritised. However the therapist then decided I was too difficult a case for her hmm so I got referred back into the system and didn't start til January! The therapist I am seeing now is top notch however so I suppose it was worth the wait.

LO has been practising walking so much this week. He's so cute it's killing me. He puts his hands out in front of him as if he's walking on ice or is blindfolded, and he is crouched over for balance. He can manage a metre or two before coming down. I am dying to get a video of it.

Hey stupid question here but does anyone give their child tap water to drink yet? We still boil the water and cool it for all his sippy cups, I've no idea if that's still necessary blush

Lora1982 Sat 15-Feb-14 21:30:40

We still boil it but if its still to hot by the time I want to give it him I top it up with the tap

For some reason everytime I post the thread gets deleted off my watch list.

No real news apart from I brim with pride everytime he proves he's got brain cells. Whats show me fukin show me and they were doing a jumping thing imitating volcanos. So now if I say erupt he'll crouch and jump up with his hands in the air.

Lora1982 Sat 15-Feb-14 21:31:22

Watched not whats....

meringue she has been on tap water in a cup since 8 months! Boiling it is far too much hassle smile Re IAPT i self referred last time and did a group cbt which did help especially as anything social tends to set me off! Am feeling mich better today thankfully, have even eaten properly today...yay!

lost hope hope mini lost feeling better. Ivy was a bit off after hers but soon perked up.

glorious hope Ellen is better now too.

Dp actually surprised me with diamond necklace smile

Lora1982 Sat 15-Feb-14 21:35:59

Ooh forgot to mention I found a mole on the curly bit of his ear... so I got worried and google said theyd start appearing soo, ive got a couple of moles so I calmed down a bit. Calmed down even more when it washed off in the bath that night blush

lora sorry but that made me laugh!

mrsbug Sat 15-Feb-14 22:02:04

Lora grin

I've been giving dd tap water since she was weaned she also drinks her bath water

Ok Pfb wake up call thanks guys smile

Pmsl Lora

Kudos to MrApples smile

Tugstonia Sun 16-Feb-14 09:20:52

morning all,

apples lucky you with the diamond necklace! smile Good job DP

Haha Lora!

Meringue I've been giving DD normal tap water since she was 6 months.

mrsbug hope you and DD get better soon.

Can I ask a question about periods pls ladies? Sorry if TMI. So I had first period in December, another one 28 days later, followed by spotting two days after that period ended. I then got more spotting a few days ago followed by very heavy and full-on period again, so that'll be only a 21 day cycle. Also had horrendous PMT and awful hormonal acne sad Has anyone else who's bfing had funny periods/spotting? I've read it can happen while hormones sort themselves out when reducing/stopping bf (I'm only doing one feed at bedtime now) but I've also read all sorts of scary horrible things about why bleeding between periods can happen and need reassurance! Going to see GP tomorrow about it anyway but thought I'd ask you lot first. Thanks smile

Tugstonia Sun 16-Feb-14 09:28:40

Forgot to say, glorious that is awful about your work, how utterly incompetent are they? So sorry. Hope E is on the mend too

happyhow Sun 16-Feb-14 20:17:12

B has been getting tap water since about 8 months old too. It's fine after 6 months I thought?!

Lora, loved your mole story!

I've only had 1 period since I got pregnant with B! It was totally normal for me though and I was still bf at the time. Got pregnant on the next cycle but now waiting for it after my MVA. sad I'm pretty much assuming I'm not going to be pregnant again this cycle.

We had a nice relaxing weekend away apart from the stomach bug B picked up at nursery and passed on to me and hubby... Think B and I are over it but hubby is still suffering. He's also spent half the weekend on the phone to work trying to sort out some problems - so much for "here's a surprise weekend away for your 30th so that you can escape from work, honey"...confused

Angielka Sun 16-Feb-14 20:28:00

Shocking glorious sad

Shockingly good Mr Apple!

Tugs got to admit that my period's been all over the place - but I blame the coil. Anyone else with a mirena? Non-stop spotting sad

It keeps refusing to upload my photo of Molly, but I'll give it another go. Lovely to see the other babies toddlers.

Meringue Molly's had filtered tap water since 6 months too but DD1 had colled boiled water until she was about 2

grin Lora grin

I seem to have given up bfing. Last time was ten days ago and Molly seems to have taken it in her stride. She's eating like mad at the mo though - more than her big sister. Hoping it's a growth spurt that comes to an end soon - the hunger is getting her up at 5.30 most mornings when she downs her milk in one [yawn]. She doesn't talk but makes herself perfectly understood. This morning we weren't getting breakfast fast enough for her and she walked up to her highchair and started shaking it. Then tottered into the kitchen and looked at her bowl on the side. That kid runs things round here...

mrsbug Sun 16-Feb-14 20:47:59

I went back on cerazette a couple of months ago but had lots of spotting and my mood felt quite low so I came off it again plus we're not DTD enough to make it worth it. Funny as I used to love it cos it stopped my periods altogether.

mrsbug Sun 16-Feb-14 20:49:37

I really don't fancy the coil and am too old for the regular pill so guess we have to rely on condoms for contraception now.

Birdies Sun 16-Feb-14 20:52:13

That made me laugh lora!

Quick reply to tugs - my periods were all over the place. I think they returned about 8 months in. Would start, then stop, then start again. Then not return for ages, then come back for a day etc etc. I also started to feel horribly hormonal and anxious. Stopped bf a couple of weeks ago and feel much much better. Am assuming my periods will return to normal now too. Anyway, so i think it's very normal (but hopefully gp can reassure you too).

meringue I think it's from 6 months that tap water is ok too. I doubt I needed to, but when I first gave it to X I just gave her a few sips first, just to make sure her tummy was fine with it. Then as soon as I knew she was fine I only gave her tap water.

Hope the poorly mums and babies are feeling better.

glorious Sun 16-Feb-14 22:08:00

E much better but has been sick again and now has a rash. As it was 3 days high fever then rash as soon as fever gone think it's roseola. One tiny bit of rash is non blanching so have spoken to out of hours but they're not worried unless she seems very unwell or has a fever again. These babies always have something going on to worry about don't they.

tugs no af here yet but I do know that your cycles can be odd at first as others have said.

lora my grandma did the opposite when i was about 7 and tried to scrub off one of my actual moles. it's at the tip of my finger and she wouldn't believe me!

Tap water here without a second thought at 6mo bad mummy, not pfb enough!

Tap water here too. Figured it was the least of our worries considering what else goes in his mouth!

Lora brilliant!

Impromptu day off today as DS is spotty! Hoping it's just a reaction to his jabs and not chicken pox. Had quite a tough weekend with him - very clingy and waking every 2 hours through the night. DH was away so I'm shattered! Will do just a little bit of decluttering then take it easy.

We lost 3 tiles off the roof on Friday. Think we got off lightly compared to some though.

This thread is not accepting new messages.