Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013 Bus Graduates - A gummy grin and all is forgiven

(216 Posts)
roxvox Mon 06-Jan-14 12:30:40

Stats here

[Post edited by MNHQ]

terrifiednewbie Mon 14-Jul-14 02:03:45

Wow I cant believe how quickly time has flown! I gather you are all on a facebook group now. If anyone still sees messages on this thread, any chance I could be added please? I hope all of you lovely ladies and lovely babies are doing well!

moonblues Thu 19-Jun-14 23:03:10

Hello!

Is anyone still watching this thread? Had a rubbish day at work and wish I was still on mat leave.

How is everyone doing? Going to join Facebook as I'm missing the chat!

AnythingNotEverything Thu 10-Apr-14 00:17:41

Ooh - me too! Great idea orange.

I wonder is other October mums are wondering where the postnatal thread is and wondering if we were just a bunch of antisocial grumps. Little do they know!

Hello! I've set up "watch this thread" so I get an email when someone posts.

MrsRolandRat Wed 09-Apr-14 22:04:38

Just wanted to test out my new username gringrin

chickieno1 Tue 25-Mar-14 02:44:44

So nice to see legally and pink on Facebook!

mnippy and slippy we'd love to see you over there? Even with a fake profile just for the group?

Also if terrifiednewbie is lurking hope you're ok xx

rubytwosday Mon 24-Mar-14 08:44:48

Pink apples, I PMd you before seeing Char's post! Look forward to "meeting" you in FB world! x

char1eston Mon 24-Mar-14 08:43:18

Hi 34pinkladyapple. If you pm me with your name and a description of your fb profile pic, I'll see if I can add you (need to make you a friend of mine first).

Hi! Char1ston pm'd me last night and i tried to reply just now but phone froze so not sure she will get it?! Id love to join the fb group and catch up with you all... How do i join?

tuckingfits Sun 23-Mar-14 16:36:15

Late to the party but it's so nice to have you back legally!xx

legallyblond Sun 23-Mar-14 13:01:07

Flyer, I've pm'ed you re FB...

Don't worry about all the bottle refusing. DD did too so I haven't even bothered with the twins. Nights out are possible-ish. I've just fed them to sleep at 7 and been back at 11 and hoped for the best!! If I were home I'd cuddle and shh/pat to sleep of they woke before 11 anyway.....

Will reply to everyone properly if/ when I'm on FB.

Ps - in the meantime, so glad Eliana is well x

pinkbuttons Sun 23-Mar-14 09:03:33

Hi legally its so so lovely to hear from you and hear how the twins are doing.
Really do hope you can join us on fb but equally lovely to have a catch up here and have everyone summarise how theyre getting on grin

We are still struggling with reflux here. was under control with ranitidine and domperidone but now at 5.5 months shes maxed out on both and still in pain (especially at night) weve been advised to wean early but my stubborn little girl is refusing all food. on a positive note we have 2 (very sharp) teeth, shes sitting up and does the odd role and bf is going well and can see us carrying on for a good while yet.

please stay in touch
lots of love xx

JuanFernandezTitTyrant Sun 23-Mar-14 07:54:53

Hi Legally (your fellow Exonian here) nice to hear you're doing so well. There's a SW meet up in Exeter on 4 April - I'll PM you the details.

Conrad (known as Doodle) is a very placid baby with a halo of yellow fluff that's rapidly turning into a tintin quiff. Still BF - another bottle refuser - but we risked a night out last night since he's generally a good sleeper. Came home to discover he'd been awake (but happy) most of the time we were out... Not quite a success but not a disaster either!

whistlingdixie Sun 23-Mar-14 06:14:05

Hi Legally, so glad to hear you, the twins and your family are doing so well!! You had us worried :-)

We're doing well. I've lucked out with a happy, contented little guy. After some challenges with BF (TT snip required), things settled down, even got some decent sleep! Then we hit the 4 month sleep regression(!!!) followed by teething (two teeth!) and a bad cold (both of us)... Fx, we're just emerging from a horrible month of very little sleep.

It would be fab to see you FB!! The Oct bus doesn't feel complete without you there xx

ananikifo Sat 22-Mar-14 23:37:12

Hi Legally! I'm so glad that you and your family are doing well. My son J is beautiful and thriving now but like everyone else we've had our own challenges. It'll be nice seeing you on fb!

Tarlia Sat 22-Mar-14 22:54:03

Legally, you returned, we sent out search parties several times! ;) So pleased to hear from you, what a lovely update. Sounds like the ever changing gorgeous kids are keeping you on your toes. My little guy has just turned 6 months, so we are very slowly starting to BLW. He isn't anywhere near sitting, has no interest at all. He is such a happy and for the most part easy, so feel very lucky, especially after having a non sleeper first time.

Looking forward to seeing you over on Facebook xx

Hi legally,

Lovely to hear from you! So glad all is well, things seem to be going pretty marvellously. So impressive that you've bf twins all this time. Bf going well here too after a tt snip. He refused to take a bottle since then and we aren't having much luck with a cup either so no nights out for me, just a couple of quick trips to the gp/hairdresser so far! I'm sure I will be sad when he is no longer always with me though.

I'm really looking forward to starting BLW in a few weeks (been trying to explain it to MIL today!). Sorry to hear about H, my niece has cmpa and I think T does too - huge amounts of sick whenI had lactofree cheese this week and more this afternoon after some cream in soup.

T is at a lovely happy stage, rolling over, bouncing, smiling and babbling lots. He likes kicking in the bath and chewing on a soft rabbit. I'm enjoying being able to go out for more walks and picnics with him now it's sunny. He did sleep well from mid January but things have gone a bit pear shaped with teething/colds/trying to bring bedtime a bit earlier over the last month. I have faith it will settle down though.

I've met quite a lot of mums at Kingston, London and Brighton meet ups and they are a lovely bunch. Perhaps we could message you details of when we meet up in case you are able to make it to one near you.

Keep in touch xxx

char1eston Sat 22-Mar-14 22:12:34

Hi legally. Just a quickie as I've got to get some shut eye. Could we see a pic of the twins? It's lovely seeing all the babies on fb but would love to see them.
Will post more in the morning but just wanted to say that it's good to hear from you.

legallyblond Sat 22-Mar-14 22:05:03

Gosh... Guys... This is overwhelming! In a lovely, lovely way. I'll do FB - I would love to keep in touch. Give me a couple of days and I'll figure it out... X x

Bronzemoth Sat 22-Mar-14 21:50:47

Lovely to hear from you legally, glad the twins are doing so well. Noah is doing well a giggly, independent and very long baby. Our sleeping is a bit of a disaster but for the most part I'm able to cope with it I dream feed in the sence I hardly wake up. I would just love an evening out though.

I'm still ebf which I attribute to the support I've been given at the local bf drop in centre but also on mn. I distinctly remember you saying how much easier it got. Not sure I've found that to be true with a very easily distractible baby but equally I'm very glad I've stuck with it as I love our time together when we get our act together. So I'd like to say thank you. I think we all feel bad that the FB area isn't the place for you it just became more private, easier to group topics and best of all allows photos. I totally understand that FB isn't for everyone but you are definitely missed on there.

Flyer747 Sat 22-Mar-14 21:15:55

Legally woohoo, so bloody lovely to hear from you we've been worried as hell over on fb about you!grin

So pleased to hear the twins are doing so well and are good sleepers, I've become obsessed with sleep in recent months.

I remember you saying you found the 4-5 month mark tough with your dd as that's when the months of constant sleep deprivation kick in, and I completely agree with you.
A bear is an awful sleeper, she wakes up anything from 3-6 times per night and can only get back to sleep by going on the boob, and when I say boob I mean one boob as I'm feeding off only one boob now (it's nicknamed the super udder on the fb group grin) I'm very lopsided and have been bf one since early December! Also baby A is a bottle refuser so it means no nights out here hmm. However today marks big changes in the flyer household as ex dp (who is now known as the rat on fb group) and I have had a maternity nurse/sleep trainer/baby whisperer in to deal with the bottle refusal and the sleep and napping.
I'm pleased to report we have seen instant changes smile. She hates naps and was so overtired I went to extreme measures and was going out in the car and driving around twice a day just to get her to nap!! Extreme to say the least hey. However today she slept 1.5 hrs at 9am and 1.75 hours at 1pm in her cot, hooray grin

Thanks for asking about me, it made my night.

As you know I'm now single and living with my mum and dad Monday-Thursday then I come upto Liverpool on a Friday where I spend Friday-Monday morning with A and the rat. He's a big fat sewer rat but a very good dad to A, and we are happier off apart. The good news is I'm moving into out old apartment in the summer time and we will have joint custody of A....he will have her for 3 days a week and i will have her for 4 days.

In other news I've been to London and stayed with claphammama for 3 nights ( she's lovely) and even bought me some Yorkshire Tea for my stay grin it was lovely and we met up with the London girls.

We also meet monthly up north in Manchester and some fantastic relationships have been formed from this board.

All is good and it's so lovely to hear about you and the twins. We have missed hearing your wise words and advice.
Please please stay in touch.
Xx

JellyCurls Sat 22-Mar-14 21:15:36

Hi Legally great to hear from you. Glad you are all good & healthy and enjoying your baby led weaning.

J is 5.5 months and is my big boy, he did his first kind of roll onto his tummy today smile. He is very low tone though and still has bad head lag and keeps going blue. Waiting on an appointment with paediatrician but sure he's just being lazy.

The other 2 love him and give me a running commentary of what J does, usually it's DS1 moaning that J is looking at him - he is definitely a threenager!!!

Love to you all x

emmoB13 Sat 22-Mar-14 21:03:30

Really good to hear from you Legally, lovely to hear how the twins are getting on smile

Harry is 6 months on Wednesday and he's my most favourite little person! His little personality could charm anyone and his smile melts me daily.

We've had our ups and downs with sleeping but he went into his own room last weekend and it's slowly improving, although not as bad as some people on the bus have had it.

He's such a boy and is determined to get moving. I think he'll be crawling very soon as he can get on all fours now which is both exciting and terrifying at the same time!!

Keep updating us, we've missed you!

Hi Legally, we've all been wondering about you and the twins.
Just to update you on Eliana. She's 5.5 months old now and is such a smiley happy wee baby. she had a cardiac catheter procedure on Thursday and we're facing open heart surgery in the next 2-4 weeks. scary times bit all for the greater good.

AnythingNotEverything Sat 22-Mar-14 20:55:50

Hi Legally! So glad you've popped by to leave an update. We've all been thinking of you.

So glad the twins and DD are doing well. I was worried something dreadful had happened and is missed it in my postnatal haze!

My DD is doing brilliantly. She's honestly the loveliest little thing I've ever met, and at 21 weeks is sitting, grabbing, making lovely noises, and mostly sleeping like an angel. Nothing to grumble about - many of the other bus graduates are having a much tougher time. The support over on fb is brilliant though.

Maybe we can keep this thread alive alongside fb if this is better for you legally?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now