Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2012: 1st birthdays and 1st/2nd Christmasses

(997 Posts)
halestone Tue 17-Dec-13 20:12:27

new thread

WLmum Sat 11-Jan-14 20:44:36

DH and I just had a lovely day out in London minus the dds! We went for lunch and to see Charlie and the chocolate factory - he arranged it as part of my Xmas pressie. It was so nice, just wish we had twice as much time!
Hope all the pesky teeth sort themselves out soon.
hales not the nicest thing dn could have said but I have found that dc can say quite shocking things in all innocence.

WLmum Sat 11-Jan-14 20:45:16

As they don't have any concept of the actual horrid meanings or actions.

We're having a terrible night. DS went down no trouble at 6:50. We've now been up to him 8 times since then. His teeth are making him so unsettled sad

Sounds like a lovely day out WL.

ISpyPlumPie Sat 11-Jan-14 22:30:58

Welcome back Mama

Hope you are ok 2blessed

What a lovely birthday treat WL. Sounds great.

Hope you both get some sleep soon Willyou and Hales

Am v excited as we've just booked a week in Spain for May. It'll be the first time abroad with DC -can't wait!

WLmum Sat 11-Jan-14 22:47:25

Welcome back mama!
Wel jel ispy!

halestone Sat 11-Jan-14 23:19:52

WL glad you've had a nice daygrin and i just laughed at my DN it properly made me giggle haha.

Spotty i hope your enjoying your indian.

Ispy i'm also jealous, although i hope you all have a fab time.

Beasty could you try Ebay to see if anyone is selling it on there.

Willyou i hope J settles soon for you.

I don't want to jinx things but Heidi has fell asleep, straight away. I just need her to stay asleep and not cry all night now.

2blessed Sun 12-Jan-14 06:49:08

Welcome back mama

Sounds like a very busy time in your household with sickness, whinging and tcp beasty

Oooh I would love an Indian spotty. Tandoori chicken, sag aloo and garlic naan woud go down a treat right now. Yes I know its nearly 7am...

Sorry to hear about teeth willyou

I'm ok at the moment, just coming to terms with everything really. I can't even type it out. Couldn't say the words when dp found out. And yes he is back to being dp. A lot of work needs to be done by both of us but I'm prepared to fight for us.
Starting to wean ds off the boob. He has become too clingy lately and lazy when he drags himself off causing lots of bites. Its tough but better now before the new dc arrives.

halestone Sun 12-Jan-14 09:46:38

2blessed i'm glad you and DP are working at thingsgrin good luck with weaning DS off BF, and congratulations for doing it for over a year. Thats a massive accomplishmentthanks

Barbeasty Sun 12-Jan-14 11:05:08

Good luck with everything 2blessed.

A fell out of bed last night, but to be honest it served him right with all his wriggling and noise. I continuously had to grab him as he lunged for my pint of water, and he kept kicking DH.

But a bit of peace and quiet while they're all at church. I went for a run (first time for about 9 months, so I'll feel it tomorrow) and have roast beef in the oven. Just a quiet cup of tea before chaos returns!

halestone Sun 12-Jan-14 12:29:21

Corn on the Cob is a huge success this dinner time. Shes eating it whilst watching Aladdin.

Hope everyone had good sleep in the end.

Oh dear beasty!

Hales I haven't tried corn on the cob as I don't like it but sounds like a good idea.

Beef casserole for tonight.

Trying to arrange meeting a friend but all suggested times clash with her pfb's naps grin luckily ds is flexible.

Sorry for not replying I have read it all. It's annoying you can't look back on the app hmm

WLmum Sun 12-Jan-14 19:42:40

I'm not sure that Ts few teeth could cope with corn on the cob just yet - she'll def have it sometime though as it's always a big hit in this house.
T loves aubergine - the last couple if times I've had it she's been all over it. Good girl! It's my fave but dds won't eat it and DH not overly keen.
T has been a right whingey pants this arvo. She had a late nap so we woke her so as not to interfere with bedtime and she was not best pleased.
Got loads to do tonight - make meals for dds for tom as I'll be late home from work so mil will feed them but it needs to be all done and just heated up, pay tax bill (boo), apply for a sun holiday (yay but long shot) - I'm so ashamed buying that filthy rag but it gets a v cheap holiday. What a sell out I am! And other stuff too - just as well I've got a kitkat chunky hiding in the cupboard!

halestone Sun 12-Jan-14 23:22:51

WL i hope you have got all your jobs done and that your now resting.

I'm glad DP is in work, i am really struggling not to hurt him at the moment. I am turning my phone off shortly so i don't text something i regretangry

halestone Sun 12-Jan-14 23:23:06

I'm glad DP is in work, i am really struggling not to hurt him at the moment. I am turning my phone off shortly so i don't text something i regretangry

halestone Sun 12-Jan-14 23:23:39

utopian99 Mon 13-Jan-14 02:54:23

Hope everyone had good Sundays, and you and dp are okay hales?

O had his last bf tonight before bed. I think I was more bothered than him, it was lovely and glad I've had this year, but what with trying to get af back and him just moving on to food more, it seems time. Dh was v understanding about me feeling a bit sad though.

2blessed Mon 13-Jan-14 05:44:48

haleshope you're ok.

It is a bit sad utopian, but I guess its just a new chapter. Pleased dp is being understanding.

Up with a poorly ds. Cough had come back quite ferociously in last few days but he's been running a high temperature since yesterday. It was highest at 5am at 38.7. He's had calpol but can't go back to sleep. Really tempted to boob him back to sleep as he's desperate for it. He had done 27 hours without it. Maybe I try again once he's over this bout of illness.

Hope you're okay hales, an if you've killed DP, I hope you've hidden the body well!

DS woke up screaming the house down, downed a 4oz boshockttle and threw it back up all down the back of my head. I now have to decide whether to force him back to sleep, then do a quick patch wash or whether to get us both up, then wash my hair properly. It had to be the day I'm in work!

J's full of a cold, slight temperature, rattley cough, streaming nose. No idea what I'll do with him tomorrow when he goes to nursery.

Oh no hales!

WillYou I'd have got up hmm

2blessed hope ds is ok.

Utopian have some winewell done for getting this far hope af returns soon

Dd was up loads with her cough so I haven't had a great sleep. We've set a date so I need to book the registry office later. I'M GETTING MARRIED THIS YEAR!!! And going to New York for my honeymoon!!

FriendofDorothy Mon 13-Jan-14 07:06:56

The Little Mister woke at just before 5am with a horrid cough and was absolutely screaming. We tried to get him back to bed for a while but in the end I gave him Moo milk and brought him into bed. He and his Daddy are still asleep!

2blessed Mon 13-Jan-14 14:45:06

Sorry to hear about poorly DCs Willyou and FoD

Whooo! to spotty for wedding plans getting into gear!

Took DS to the DRs this morning. He has a respiratory tract infection. Red tonsils and slight wheeze on his chect. No nursery for him today. DP has stayed at home with him today whilst I'm at work and then I'll stay with him the rest of the week. It is so hard balancing parenting with work.

Maryland2013 Mon 13-Jan-14 17:49:25

Woop Spotty that is exciting!! We got married in NYC and have re visited lots- let me know if you want any tips smile

Oh utopian.. It must be very strange after all this time. I wish I could have BF for longer.

Hales what did DP do?!

there's lots of poorly babies sad we were up at ten to 5.. Can only assume bloody teeth, aargh!!

Argh I just need a rant....

Received a letter for ds' 10/12 month check last Thursday, have to ring on mon-weds 9-3. I ring this morning at 9:20 and leave a message. Just checked my messages they phoned at lunch time to say all January appts have gone and they will ring back in a few weeks to see if they can book us in in feb when ds will be 15 months angry what a shit system. I'm unreasonably annoyed about this (not sure why confused)

MaMaPo Mon 13-Jan-14 19:58:51

That is legitimately stupid, spotty. You're not wrong.

Utopian - congratulations on feeding your little one for so long. How are you feeling? I'm not lookin forward to ending bfing.

So baby C survived her first day at nursery! Her dad and I were a tiny bit wobbly and she had a grand time. Slept for 30 mins only (bit different from the 2.5 hour naps at home) but she wasn't too exhausted and slept ok last night. Luckily they're air conditioned - it's going to be 43°C today.

Sorry to hear about all the poorly babies. I hope they all perk up a bit soon.

Maryland2013 Mon 13-Jan-14 20:22:30

Oh mama the first day at nursery is hard (for us I mean!)

DS didn't sleep well at first but now he actually sleeps longer there than he does at home!!
43 degrees sounds horrific although a bit of sun would be good right now..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now