Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2013 Bus Graduates: the one where we're not pregnant anymore

(1000 Posts)
MrsHoratioNelson Sun 10-Nov-13 18:25:50

Check in here. Do we still need the stats?

legallyblond Sun 10-Nov-13 20:12:00

I was also back in jeans there weeks in. Took twelve weeks with DD!!!

Haylebop12 Sun 10-Nov-13 20:12:41

flyer although ds is my second, I'm pretty sure there will be a third for us. Possibly not such an age gap as there is 4.7 years between dd and ds. Maybe start trying when baby is 2 1/2?

roofio87 Sun 10-Nov-13 20:19:44

we definitely want another dc. probably not for a good while but definitely will do eventually.
I'm also lighter now than before, bought some new skinny jeans yesterday and everything!!

MrsHoratioNelson Sun 10-Nov-13 20:25:50

I may be insane as a result of sleep deprivation but the deal here was none or two if we can. DH is an only and was adamant that we should have more than one. I've told him he's having the next one grin

ananikifo Sun 10-Nov-13 20:34:15

I'm lighter than before as well, not that that's saying much because I would still want to lose some weight. I'm afraid I may be gaining weight now sitting at home eating and doing nothing.

Sterilising is a PITA isn't it? I think ill get the mam set from amazon with a microwave/cold water steriliser to use with cold water for the pump sets, and self sterilising bottles so we can do them one at a time, all for £11. I wonder if I could sell my tommee tippee set on eBay.

We definitely want more children. I look at him and I just love him so much. If money was no object is want a big family but we will probably have to stop at two, and we'll probably have to space them pretty far apart.

Natalieand Sun 10-Nov-13 20:34:38

This baby was dc2 for us, dh only ever wanted one I didn't really have a set figure in mind so I had to beg for this baby so I think this will almost definately be our last. Plus this time round I definately struggled more adjusting too him than I did with dd and I don't wish too experience those feelings again, plus I got my epidural free birth I wanted and we have a boy and girl so no need to have anymore really x

legallyblond Sun 10-Nov-13 20:37:41

We're done now!!! I would have wanted three in an ideal world... But would have stopped at two I expect, mostly for financial reasons, but also because I wouldn't want to "tempt fate" again (I think I find pregnancy more fearful than most...). So I guess it was good that they are twins! grin

Mnippy Sun 10-Nov-13 20:38:05

It was two or none for us too - I loved having a brother growing up, I know it's partly luck whether they get along but would like to give them a chance.

That said, if I hadn't had my straightforward lovely c section then I might be too scared/traumatised to have another baby.

legallyblond Sun 10-Nov-13 20:39:41

Oh, and we would have planned a much bigger gap if this preg had been planned (4 or 5 years at least)... But I am so happy now, I can't imagine anything else!

char1eston Sun 10-Nov-13 20:40:45

Checking in. Thanks for the new thread mrsHN

Mnippy Sun 10-Nov-13 20:44:28

Oh, and no bedtime routine for us (at 4 weeks old). Baby goes to bed when we do - changed then last feed at 10-11, swaddled and put into the bednest with Ewan (sometimes he stays awake for a bit making effortful grunting noises, very occasionally he is crying and needs a bit of a cuddle first), then up again at 3-4 for the middle of the night feed, then finally there is the early morning feed 7-8am. He refuses to sleep after that (despite DP leaving for work with an airy 'why don't you have a lie in while he naps after this feed!'). Sometimes he doesn't sleep immediately after being put down in the night, and needs lots of patting and repeated use of Ewan!

JellyCurls Sun 10-Nov-13 20:47:49

Checking in

3 was and is the magic number for us, after the drama and EMCS I am definitely done.

I have been back in my pre-preg clothes since J was 3 weeks old and am now back at pre-preg weight.

Our routine is pretty settled in feeding 3 hourly except during night. So feed at 7, 10, 1, 4, 7 then an extra ounce at 8. Baby J goes upstairs to sleep at 8.30 and sleeps through till anytime between 1.30 and 4

Wickedgirl Sun 10-Nov-13 20:49:34

This is our last baby too. We now have dd1 (15), ds1 (13), ds2 (9) and dd2 (4 weeks tomorrow)

Is it just me that's still a fatty then...? sad

Definitely want at least one more, was telling Thomas he would be a big brother one day soon after he was born. Three ideally but we don't have space at the moment.

Flyer747 Sun 10-Nov-13 21:15:22

No orange in a fatty too. I have lost 2 stone but still have another 1and a half stone to shift. Currently 9st13 pre pregnancy weight was usually around 8st 4

Natalieand Sun 10-Nov-13 21:16:28

I'm currently 8lb over my pre preg weight x

Shirehobbit Sun 10-Nov-13 21:21:20

I'm humongous sad blush sad

Glad I am not the only one! I would be very surprised if I was. Not weighed myself since a few days after birth when I had only lost a few oz more than Thomas weighed so won't be trying that again for a while. Am a size 14-16 I think depending on which shops size chart I look at and used to be a 6. Don't think I look that bad really, my bloated face/hands/ankles are back to normal and I am in proportion, everything is just much bigger and more wobbly.

Currently listening to my son fart on DHs knee. Who would have thought that could bring me such happiness?! I know it will make him more comfortable and settled so giving him lots of encouragement. DH doesn't get the same treatment.

GeorgieJo Sun 10-Nov-13 21:26:37

Legally I just used the "womb" noise from that app too, and the minute I turned it on S closed his eyes and started to relax - amazing!

Re weight, I was back at pre-pregnancy weight 10 days after birth, which was amazing and surprising, but in the last few weeks think I have been steadily gaining as I gorge snack through the late night feeds. Oh well...

Flyer I always thought I wanted 4 DC, and DH wants 3. But to be honest the thought of going through birth and experiencing this level of sleep deprivation, but next time with a toddler to look after as well, is pretty terrifying.

No idea how everyone with more than 1 DC manages this newborn stage!

thatsnotmypineapple Sun 10-Nov-13 21:41:59

I'm a fatty as well sad. I have a stone and a half to go and ideally another stone and a half after that. Really depressed about it, as I was back in my pre preg stuff after a week last time. I can't bear the thought of still wearing maternity clothes so am buying some cheap "fat clothes".

After swearing after DD1 that I was never going to have another, i am desperately broody even though DD2 isn't even 5 weeks yet. I am not sure that I would be so lucky again though with good pregnancy and birth, and easy gong baby.

kiwee Sun 10-Nov-13 21:44:52

Checking in.

Re. weight, I'm still 3-4kg over pre-pregnancy weight. Can only get in my fat day 1 pair of jeans so far but most of my other clothes are wearable (if slightly tight).

Surprised myself slightly by already wanting another DC, but will realistically wait another 2-3 years as have exams etc I want to get out of the way first and will need to build myself up to face to horrors of pregnancy again!

Haylebop12 Sun 10-Nov-13 22:06:03

Still a fatty here, I have just over a stone to pre preg weight. Tbh though I got pregnant at my biggest ever so overall want 3 stone off, eventually 4. I would like to get to around 10 1/2 which is right for me.

apperleydapperley Sun 10-Nov-13 22:06:21

ooh new thread thanks mrshn!
Last DC here too, as is #3. i knew i wasn't done after 2 and longed for another. Although i feel sad that i'll never have that amazing moment of meeting a newborn again, 3 def feels 'right' now.

I put on 3 stone and have 1 1/2 stone to lose yet. Think i may have to work at it, although previously i didn't go back to pre-preg weight until i stopped bf so not too worried at the mo. Clothes are a pain though and nothing fits, not even back into my 'fat' jeans yet she says scoffing a crunchie blush

I had to buy size 16 jeans last week. It's so depressing. I can't even get my old "fat jeans" over my hips never mind my size 10 skinnies. I usually lose weight so easily after a baby too. I'm finding it hard to find time to eat so maybe it won't be too long.

PseudoBadger Sun 10-Nov-13 22:11:16

I'm a fatty too sad Nearly 2 stone over pre-preg weight, and I was already a stone over my ideal after my pregnancy/miscarriage just before this pregnancy. However I know that I hang onto weight in the early breast feeding days and then it does come off. But that doesn't cheer me up when all I have to wear are maternity pyjamas.....

Flyer - as I've mentioned DS had awful reflux and I had a terrible pregnancy and birth. I said never again.....

Dd has spent the evening in my stretchy wrap sling.

This thread is not accepting new messages.