Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012: we need more chocolate and cake!!

(993 Posts)
halestone Wed 25-Sep-13 22:07:45

New Thread

alarm going off in the offices over the road, been going for the last 15 minutes sad . me and ds both have colds and have slept appaulingly for days so I determined tonight was going to be an early night at least.
ds has woken twice already and now if he unlatches he gets disturbed by the alarm.
dh is out at the pub, this was going to be a rare night out for me but we swapped because of colds.
need wine but actually I'd just like some sleep sad
sorry for woe is me, Friday nights sure ain't what they used to be.

WLmum Fri 01-Nov-13 22:39:23

Poor you prunella
Thanks all, dd2 seems just fine now which is good obv but a shame we missed the theatre over something and nothing.
DH threw a massive strop tonight because I told him he was mopping wrong! Who mops one handed ffs? He went into one about always being criticised at home and at work. He has been at home this week while I've been working and fucked some stuff up even though I gave him explicit instructions and did all the leg work. I was just congratulating myself on having not had a go at him about any of it and he threw a wobbly. I guess he's feeling his own criticism. Afraid I wasn't sweet and supportive but bit back. He does work for arseholes but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I suspect some of it is his own making. Guess I better be nice now and check he's ok. Meh.

WLmum Fri 01-Nov-13 22:40:15

And he got to take dd1 to the theatre and lunch one on one while I cleared up sick.
Rant over!

halestone Sat 02-Nov-13 01:09:03

Oh spotty what an awkward situation, sounds like you handled it well though.

Lazza and Prunella i hope your both feeling better soon.

Took H the Drs he said that the nose bleed was down to the cold. But he didn't make me feel PFB.

halestone Sat 02-Nov-13 01:10:01

Utopian i hope the night weaning is going well.

Hope you feel better soon Lazza and Prunella. Good job you didn't just decide to sign off for the day and go incommunicado Lazza angry

Hope DP realises he's wrong you and DP make up soon WL. Glad there's nothing too wrong with DD2.

Glad H is okay Hales and that the doctor was nice.

Think you handled a difficult situation the best you could Spotty. Hopefully the colleague will just be reminded how to deal with patients rather than reprimanded.

I have no idea what wrong with J. He ate everything I threw at him for tea, he started with a snack at 3pm and just didn't stop eating until 6 shock he has had 24oz of formula since bedtime at 7:30 (4 x 6oz) he doesn't eat that in a day normally. He screamed the house down in response to calpol/water and guzzled the bottles as soon as offered.

Could this be a growth spurt? He's never done this before. We always get 2 night wakings at 11 and 4/5. He was up at 8:30, 11 and now 1:30. Do I keep feeding him like the hungry caterpillar? I'm totally confused

halestone Sat 02-Nov-13 03:38:40

We have had a total of an hours sleep tonight and lots and lots of screaming. I am exhausted shes slept crap all week but tonight shes really outdone herself i am now past tired and also i'm wondering whats causing all the screaming i hope shes not in pain but have give her nurofen and anbesol.

Willyou probably no help to you now but i'd be tempted to feed him just so i could get some sleep haha.

WLmum Sat 02-Nov-13 03:48:43

So DH is cross with himself for cocking up - so change your approach then. Stupid man!
hales glad dr was nice and that h is ok.
Fellow night sufferers unite in sleep deprivation! I am so not enjoying this phase of getting worse before it gets better of sleep training. God knows how long I've spent rocking and patting tonight. I think I've had about 2.5 hours of broken sleep so far.

Sounds like my dp WL hmm

We've all been up since 5:30 I'm not really bothered but dp is acting like a bloody teenager

utopian99 Sat 02-Nov-13 07:25:49

It's weird hales but when we decide to get tough he decides to sleep! 8-5pm again but no idea why. He'd been so good I let him have milk at 5 but he then drank a lot and threw up again so dh came and settled him milkless at 5.40 (and again at 6.15, poor man) So I am now giving him a lie in while O and I have some nappy free playtime grin

Well, that it he's nappy free. I am at least largely toilet trained these days... hmm

Sorry for bad nights - I do feel solidarity though!

lazzaroo Sat 02-Nov-13 07:51:29

Morning all. Feel fine this morning thanks. No more sick, so must have been a tummy bug.

I have been wondering if there is a growth spurt at this age too willyou. baby lazza has been eating a lot in the day & been more whingey than normal. I always resort to feeding her! Not just or a quiet life! But I hate the thought of her being genuinely hungry & denied food (that would make me whingey too!!).

Barbeasty Sat 02-Nov-13 07:57:53

A bad start to the night here. A wasn't settling so I kept him down with us. As we were heading off to bed, just before 10, he woke up screaming. 12.30am he finished.
Then restless until I woke anyway at 6.

I think I'm more tired now than before I took a week off work. Ah well!

Glad baby Hales is ok- it's scary when something like that happens. Hope all the mums feel better, and the DH's pull their weight!

utopian99 Sat 02-Nov-13 08:01:36

lazza is baby lazza the same age as O? He's just turned 10 months and the last week has been a food dustbin plus boob fiend. It's partly connected to a development leap at this age I think, which makes them extra whingey too..

Equimum Sat 02-Nov-13 08:51:11

Can I pull up a pillow alongside everyone else who had rubbish nights, please? DS has been going down so well in the evenings with some boob but was up until gone 11 last night. I then lost count if how many times I was up with him after that.

Interesting about growth spurt/ developmental leap at this age. DS has just turned 10 months and he's been mega whingey and hungry this week. He even broke his hunger strike a nursery on Thursday grin.

Sorry about the irritating DPs WL and Spotty. I so often feel like I have two children!

Stacks Sat 02-Nov-13 09:00:06

Morning all. A bad night here too, DS has a cough/cold and has been waking up every hour or so. He really doesn't sleep well on the train either, just one 45m nap all day yesterday. Despite an awful night sleep before. We're all feeling pretty wiped out here - DH and I were in bed at 8 last night! I've never known DH to go to bed before 10, and even at 10 it's usually just to read his phone or watch tv. I did all the night waking for the last 3 nights, and I'm pg, but DH is obviously suffering from man-tired, after sleeping through all the night wakings. Anyway, sorry to hear of others with bad nights.

My DB and is exGF don't seem worried about DN at all. They're proud of the fact that since 3 months old he's been happy to sit in his baby bouncer and watch tv. I hope that's the only reason for his apparent development delay. He's just so floppy I find it worrying. He enjoys sitting up, but he basically collapses forward onto his rib cage to hold himself up. That, or he just folds in the middle and face plants. I think the HV still goes round sometimes, as mum is profoundly deaf so needs help with things. DN was also on the 'at risk' register till recently, so I guess they've been keeping an eye on them. Hopefully he'll have caught up some by next time I see him. He's such a placid baby it's almost scary... DS was never placid!

I've been sooooo lazy today. Ds slept two hours this morning and has been asleep 90 mins so far this lunch time. I've made a massive batch of red cabbage, folded some washing and washed the bedding (still in the machine). Have spent the rest of the time lounging on the sofa with dd (who is still pretty tired after having slapped cheek).

WLmum Sat 02-Nov-13 15:14:58

Cheeky little T this morning was harassing me to pick her up and pulled my pj trousers down right in front of street facing the kitchen window! I relented and picked her up so she lifted up my top and launched at the boob, latching on - still in front of the window! Someone could have got quite an eyeful!

halestone Sat 02-Nov-13 15:31:17

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now