Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012: we need more chocolate and cake!!

(993 Posts)
halestone Wed 25-Sep-13 22:07:45

New Thread

Ds did 6:30-7 unfortunately I was up with dd for a bit. On the plus side dp isn't working or playing football this weekend shock

Maryland2013 Sat 28-Sep-13 07:28:28

We were up countless times with v unhappy baby. He's so sad. I'm so tired!

I hate paying for car stuff, feels like such a waste when there's nicer things to spend money on!

Beasty how long have you had the family fix base? You say the handle is knackered?

Poor you Maryland and 2blessed.

Hope DD feels better soon Spotty, does she feel unwell or just hot?

Next door went to work at 5:45 and left their dog yapping and flinging himself against the internal door. I finally managed to wake the (20 year old, lazy, childish) daughter at 6:45 and it's stopped. Unfortunately me hammering on the party wall woke Jamie so we're watching bubble guppies. [terrible mummy emoticon]

Dd loves that WillYou! She's got a cough and a tummy ache so I'm assuming it's a virus. She often suffers with them. That would have really annoyed me angry are they usually so inconsiderate?

They are not inconsiderate Spotty, they are twats. Enormous, great, fucking twats with bells on. (So yes!)

Barbeasty Sat 28-Sep-13 08:31:27

Maryland we used it for about 15 months (or just under) with DD, and then for the last 9 months with A. So about 2 year's use. Which I was thinking wasn't too bad, until I remembered it's meant to go with their next stage seat so really should last at least 4 years!

The handle us beyond broken- it came off in DH's hand.He had to get the tool box out to get the seat off.

A woke lots, including a noisy and playful wake at midnight.

Maryland2013 Sat 28-Sep-13 09:52:24

Beasty I think I would be tempted to try to return it. If it's meant to last 4 years then it ls not fit for purpose?
I'm a serial complainer. I love the sale of goods act (!!)

I would complain too!

Aha WillYou I think I remember now

Dd's still not great her temp is down to 38.5 without medicine but she hasn't had a wee since 3:30 this morning.

What fruit is everyone giving their dc atm? It's not great this time of year we tend to stick to apples, bananas and satsumas but ds can only eat the bananas due to lack of teeth hmm

PurplePidjin Sat 28-Sep-13 12:37:51

Pears, bananas, dried apricots, raisins, apples, tbh i tend to stock up on multipacks of ready-pureed fruit to have as pudding or mix with breakfast.

Ds can't eat any of that as. I use fruit purée in breakfast too also have some Ella's fruit pouches. I don't eat much fruit really so I worry a bit! blush

2blessed Sat 28-Sep-13 13:00:48

R eats nearly every fruit which I'm really pleased about. He also eats red pepper, cucumber and mange tout quite happily.

Fx your DD feels better soon spotty.

Today seems to be one of those not eat much days. DP tried all different things for his brekkie but R wasn't having it. I just made toasted pitta with cheese and hummous and he picked at it before feeding from me and now he's napping.

spotty ds doesn't have any teeth yet - he loves his bananas but also ripe plums at the moment and he likes sucking slices of juicy apple. canned prunes mashed up and spoon fed are also great especially if he's been eating banana as it offsets the propensity for getting bunged up.

apart from fruit ds is refusing all food but milk since he got a cold 2 weeks ago, he's now reverted to waking for milk every 1-2 hours through the night... I wish he'd eat sad

my condolences fod

lazzaroo Sat 28-Sep-13 14:38:45

spotty fruit favourites here are plums, blueberries, raspberries, apple (sometimes I grate it for her), banana.

Baby lazza cutting her third tooth & I think it's giving her a bit of grief. I ordered her a Sophie giraffe which arrived today so hopefully she'll enjoy chewing on that!

The house is a mess (again!). DH at rugby, DD out with my sister & baby lazza asleep but instead f tidying I'm wasting time on the bargain thread!!

Thanks everyonesmile

Watermelon is a good one spotty, asda do little triangular snack packs so that you don't have a whole one wasted if no one else will be eating it. And of course the good old cutted up grape!

ISpyPlumPie Sat 28-Sep-13 16:03:36

N likes bananas, pineapple, mango, melon, apple, berries, watermelon - basically pretty much anything that comes his way. Must admit to being quite lazy and getting a ready prepared fruit platter for many of these as it's just easier blush.

Hope DD is better soon Spotty.

Have booted DH round to PIL's with the DC so I can try and make the house look slightly less like a bomb's hit it. Have sorted the kitchen, but really should be hoovering now. Instead I've booked DS1's birthday party for November, and now appear to be mnetting.....

BopsX3 Sat 28-Sep-13 16:29:08

Oliver's greedy and will eat anything you out in front of him. He generally has strawberries, apples, bananas and grapes. That's all I tend to buy though as they're the only fruits my 2 older sons will eat.

He's a bit under the weather today though but can't figure out whats up with him sad no temperature, no cough/cold, new teeth have just come through, he's eating and drinking fine, but he's very sleepy and cuddly, which isn't like him at all. He'd rather try and stick his fingers up my nose or play with my hair or try and climb off my knee to get something than sit and cuddle. There's just something not quite right with him but can't put my finger on it

Maryland2013 Sat 28-Sep-13 18:32:41

DS loves mango, banana, blueberries, watermelon and orange. He's not as bothered about apples raisins and apricots although likes puréed apples.
Spotty we use a fruit net thing with a handle for the harder fruits and DS loves gumming them til they turn to mush. He loves it! The only things he picks ups with his fingers are orange blueberries and banana. Bananas are brown and I cook the blueberries for a minute or 2 to soften.

Barbeasty Sat 28-Sep-13 20:04:43

The hipp fruit pots are good too. They're a pudding at nursery that A likes and I think they taste pretty good.

DD is pushing it. She's really into her doll and being a mummy at the moment, and whenever DH or MIL give her a present for being good she tries to ask for one for "baby". Because baby has been so good.

I'm thinking "baby" might get a dress and a tiny chocolate father Christmas in a small stocking!

ddas Sat 28-Sep-13 23:51:00

Love the things they say barbeasty. Ds told his nana that he felt sad and a biscuit would make it all better.

spotty dd's was also toothless till a couple of wks ago- now one tooth wonder but she could manage very soft pear, raspberries, mango, banana, kiwi & orange if I got rid of all the bits. With apple & harder fruits I cut them up into chunks and put in microwave for a couple of mins to make them soft enough for her to gum them.

ddas Sat 28-Sep-13 23:53:09

That's supposed to say just dd not dd's thankfully only 1 & not twins!!

2blessed Sun 29-Sep-13 03:21:49

Hope O perks up soon Bop

Just trying to get back to sleep after R's wake up. Nice chilled day today, looking for much the same from sunday.

lazzaroo Sun 29-Sep-13 08:45:59

Morning all...have come to all you wise ladies to canvas opinion....it's dd1 birthday in Dec. Her best friend has bday 6 days after (I have been friends with his mum since we were babies ourselves). We gave DD a party last year. friend hasn't done ds party yet as it has cashed with others. So, am thinking about suggesting we do a joint thing this year? They go to pre-school on same days & we have same group of friends so invited kids would be very similar.

I don't really want to get trapped into joint parties forever! But I don't think that will happen as next year they will be at different schools.

Ayone done this? Will it cause stress!! I.e costs, cakes etc etc!!

2blessed Sun 29-Sep-13 09:23:46

I think a joint party sounds like a great idea. Have a chat with your friend and agree budget/reponsibilities at the outset. Wouldnt worry too much about subsequent birthdays too much, as you say the DD's will be going to different schools and may form new friendships which that alone could make a joint party untenable just in terms of numbers alone.
Have fun, love party planning smile

jackandjilly Sun 29-Sep-13 10:22:57

A joint party sounds like a great idea to me. Split cost of food and entertainment, hire of hall etc plus extra hands to help. Plus it saves family's going to two parties in one weekend.

Can I ask a question to those giving blueberries. Do you chop them? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now