Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012: we need more chocolate and cake!!

(993 Posts)
halestone Wed 25-Sep-13 22:07:45

New Thread

BopsX3 Fri 27-Sep-13 07:30:28

Utopian hes 4.9, also a December baby smile

Barbeasty Fri 27-Sep-13 09:07:32

Nutella I fed DD until about 25-26 months. Really we stopped because I was moving into maternity clothes that were useless for feeding! And I wanted to have a pause between feeding her and DS being born.

DH has managed to pull the handle off the family fix car seat base in his car. So, I looked to see where we can get a replacement, thinking we'd get another easy fix base because they're cheaper (and I prefer it) Except the price has gone up, and they cost about £120!!

I'm wondering whether to spend a tiny bit more and get a different seat plus base combo, then we'd have one in each car.

I don't want the next size up seat, because we have 2 rear facing ones (one in each car) that DD is in and A will use when he moves up, but DD isn't ready to move to a booster yet.

Argh. So expensive, and complicated! !

Stacks Fri 27-Sep-13 12:37:20

Checking in to new thread. I'm relieved to hear of other on/off eaters. T is going through an off phase and I'm trying not to stress. Had him weighed last week and he's dropped of his line (below the 50th now) for weight. HV said he should be on 3 meals a day, with dessert at lunch and dinner. I struggle to get him to eat more than a few spoonfuls of anything these days. Yesterday he had less than 1/6 of a jar of food. He eats maybe slightly more of my food, but still an insignificant amount. He's also started taking everything out of his mouth?, including foodshes always liked before. Just chews for a bit then scrapes it all out with his fingers. sad

People waver on calling T ginger, he's just a really light blonde I think. DH hates being called ginger and he's adamant T has no red in his hair at all.

Still thinking of you FoD. flowers

BopsX3 Fri 27-Sep-13 12:41:21

Omg! I've just realised my pp says jackass jolly shock goddamn auto correct on my phone! I'm so sorry, it's supposed to say jackandjilly confused

halestone Fri 27-Sep-13 15:32:41

Bop i love that hair colour (i've come on my laptop for a nose) Heidi's is a lighter than that though. Thank You Utopian for telling me how to get on Bops profile i would have never figured it out smile

Stacks and 2blessed, H has always been like that with food we can hardly get more than a couple of mouthfuls of food in her, she will eat some of ine but again, not alot. But after saying that shes well above the 99th centile line but she always has been. People often think shes alot older than she is and are surprised when i say shes only 9 months old.

JackandJilly i hope you and your friend are ok. thanks

Fod I'm thinking of you today thanks

Hi everyone been at work most of the day. Ds happy but I just took dd's temp and it was 39.8 shock neurofen administered will check again in half an hour

Maryland2013 Fri 27-Sep-13 18:01:52

Hey spotty
We have a fever here too... Up in the night and very very grumpy today. I feel like we only just got over the last c

Maryland2013 Fri 27-Sep-13 18:02:29

The last cold...
He's refused all his food too today. sad

utopian99 Fri 27-Sep-13 18:56:45

I was making tiffin today and O got hold of a bit. He is now overtired and catastrophically hyper. All my own silly fault; we are going for a walk in the sling as a desperate attempt to induce sleep...

WLmum Fri 27-Sep-13 19:55:31

T seems to have gone off food quite a bit too. I've found spreading some of her dinner on a rice cake works quite well, then I sneak in extra spoonfuls when I can.

Hope dd is ok spotty

We had car shenanigans today - result is £400 poorer and a very grumpy me.

WLmum Fri 27-Sep-13 19:57:20

Mmmm, tiffin! I was very restrained at the Macmillan coffee morning - it was all very posh and no one seemed to be eating much, rather buying it for later so I didn't want to look like a massive pig.

utopian99 Fri 27-Sep-13 19:59:22

Sorry to hear about the car WL; I've done a spotty wink and forgot mot. Turns out it was due August 9th, argh!
O calmed down in the sling and had early (for him) supper, so now in bed. Dh is catching up with a friend from Manchester in the city still so looks like an evening of drawing beckons. Got to get it done but quite fancy sacking off in favour of dubious TV..

Barbeasty Fri 27-Sep-13 20:01:56

Oh dear WL, accident or service?

DH managed to get a base for "just" £80 at a shop near his work, so sorted. But if anyone has the maxi cosi family fix base, be aware that the handle is a weak point!

No fevers here, but horrible colds all round still. I'm glad I have a daily steroid inhaler- I'm the only one without a chesty cough.

FoD I hope you're taking care of yourself and doing ok.

Barbeasty Fri 27-Sep-13 20:05:40

I manage my MOT because 2 garages write and tell me it's due (the dealer I got it from and the dealer the previous owner used).

Spotty and Utopian put next year's MOT in your phone now!! For a month before it's due so you can book it!

Ouch WL sad

Oh no utopian! I felt a bit sick thinking of driving dd and ds round not being insured

WLmum Fri 27-Sep-13 20:10:08

Neither, repairs that I put off after the mot and service til the next credit card month.

Ooh thanks Utopian, I had my MOT done this week but I'd totally forgotten to tax it as I couldn't do it until after the MOT. I've done it now.

Complete tea refusal tonight. I'm looking forward to the many night feeds that always result from J having no tea. He's napped like a trouper today though. 2 1h45m naps. This tooth had better hurry the chuff up and I've run out of calpol sad

Mmm tiffin. DP and I are on strict diets. I put on 8lbs in 10 days being a pig on holiday shock. I already want to dive head first off the wagon.

What's happened to the car WL?

AH x post. I've had MOT and tax this month but it's a diesel so only £30 tax.

I had to tax mine too angry stupid cars

envy WillYou mine was £100

WLmum Fri 27-Sep-13 22:18:59

willyou I'm hoping that cutting out night feeds will lead to better eating again. Bit chicken and egg though isn't it.

Hope fod is bearing up ok.

ISpyPlumPie Fri 27-Sep-13 23:34:13

Car tax day here today as well, but another one with a £30 bargain diesel so can't moan. Also managed to get through MOT with only a replacement bulb needed (but think I was due an easy year after last year's expense).

Have had a grumpy little man the last few days. Think teeth are the most likely culprit - he's obsessed with finding hard things to chew, and I'm sure I can see the start of a molar. Took DS1 to the dentist today and she tried to have a quick look at N's teeth too. He wasn't really playing ball, and she almost got bit but everything looked fine as far as she could see.

Still thinking of you Fod.

Dd woke me up burning up again. I've given medicine and she's trying to go back to sleep, I can't sleep though!

2blessed Sat 28-Sep-13 05:59:30

2 wake ups here. Definitely thinking teeth, one of his top front teeth is coming through.

utopian99 Sat 28-Sep-13 06:16:52

Yeah, we're a bit stuck with no mot! Thankfully no major trips till I can get it done..

O slept 8pm-5.45am with a quick resettle from dh at 11pm. This is unheard of in our house... Maybe chocolate is the answer after all! (I jest)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now