Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

December 2012: we need more chocolate and cake!!

(993 Posts)
halestone Wed 25-Sep-13 22:07:45

New Thread

SpookyTeacakes Wed 16-Oct-13 07:36:21

If you say 'yay!' To ds he puts both arms in the air grin

lazzaroo Wed 16-Oct-13 08:41:59

Thinking of taking both DD's swimming this morning. Not done it on my own before. Been up since 4.30am so it may be a crazy decision!!

SpookyTeacakes Wed 16-Oct-13 09:22:01

Lazza what are the rules on how many dc per adult? I good luck!

lazzaroo Wed 16-Oct-13 11:31:09

I did it! & we survived smile in fact, we had lovely time. spotty at our pool it's 1 adult for 2 children under 8. We have a nice shallow chilidrens bit so dd1 can stand up & run around without me worrying too much.

SpookyTeacakes Wed 16-Oct-13 11:37:14

That sounds lovely lazza. Glad you had a nice time smile afternoon snooze in order for all of you?!

halestone Wed 16-Oct-13 12:33:03

Lazza glad you had a lovely time.

My Dad told me stop saying no to H and putting her on the floor when she bites. He's absolutely refusing to do it, as a result i haven't been bit for 3 days, dad however has been bitten loads.

WillYouDoTheMonsterMash Wed 16-Oct-13 12:37:17

I've been bitten 4 times today Hales so I'll being doing just that. He's never been a bitey baby before.

Off to nursery rhyme group, it's chucking down and DS is still flinging his dinner around. We are always bloody late grin

lazzaroo Wed 16-Oct-13 12:52:02

I wish spotty, she had 30mins before lunch & will probably have same again some time this afternoon.

Glad she's not biting yet, but sure it'll happen.

She's making her way through a huge bowl of cauli cheese with pasta, peas & sweetcorn! I'm still not really sure on portion sizes confused

If you're checking in, FoD, hope you're doing ok today. I can't even begin to imagine how you must be coping thanks

lazzaroo Wed 16-Oct-13 12:53:51

We're always late too will you, We're usually up at 5am and still don't get organised in time to get out of the door! smile

SpookyTeacakes Wed 16-Oct-13 13:02:29

Ds ate a yoghurt a sandwich and a massive banana for lunch. I don't know where he puts it all!

He knocked the plate of chopped banana on the floor and I said 'oh ds no!' (I didn't shout but did raise my voice slightly in a fed up way blush) and his bottom lip went then he burst into tears! I felt awful!! I apologised and gave him a cuddle.

2blessed Wed 16-Oct-13 13:14:02

I'm going bonkers. Thought I posted last night and now I can't find it confused.

DS is much better, must have been a 48 hour bug. He walked approx 5 steps yesterday evening, so pleased I got to see it before I go back to work. DP looked pretty chuffed too.

Hope poorly babies are feeling better.

FoD, you take it one day at a time thanks

Well done with the swimming mission lazza, you must be exhausted now what with being up since 4.30!?

halestone Wed 16-Oct-13 13:22:19

Congratulations baby 2blessedgrinthanks

Willyou shes been biting for ages and it took over a week of me saying no and putting her on the floor to stop her. Well stop her doing it too me anyway.

lazzaroo Wed 16-Oct-13 13:41:33

Wow 2blessed that's exciting! Yep, I'm shattered! Which is why I need to stay busy...if I sit down for longer than 5mins I'll want to fall asleep!

Am considering going cold turkey on daytime bf's, is that a stupid idea?! I would do morning feed (usually 7ish, after b/fast) and bedtime feed (6.30pmish) and just offer cup in day. Anyone done this?

SpookyTeacakes Wed 16-Oct-13 13:43:16

Can you try don't offer don't refuse and see how that goes?

lazzaroo Wed 16-Oct-13 13:55:13

I sort of try that now, but am a bit rubbish. Particularly if she's grumpy & I think she's tired, I usually try her with milk first. I do it because otherwise I will doubt myself if she cries before sleep (even though I think it's usually just tiredness) & end up feeding her anyway. Does that make sense!?! Or if we're going out I prefer to offer before we go rather than have her screaming in the car 10mins later or in the middle of swim for example!! Not sure how it's supposed to work in those situations?!.....I probably over think it!

I'm really torn because bf has been so much easier this time around. By this point with dd1 she was on a cup in the day. But she wasn't such an easy feeder because of reflux, so it was a relief for all.

She doesn't feed between 8-1pm the day I work so maybe I should just start with cutting morning feed. No bf before lunch?!

SpookyTeacakes Wed 16-Oct-13 14:03:03

I don't know as ds isn't interested! I suppose try the cup and see how it goes?

lazzaroo Wed 16-Oct-13 18:27:04

I don't know either! Which is why I just end falling back into habit. I need a plan. I wish she would lose interest a bit to make it easier!

Current Having bedtime feed & she's struggling to stay awake.

utopian99 Wed 16-Oct-13 20:46:54

Before he got the ear infection I was doing don't offer don't refuse and he was down to mid morning and late afternoon, plus one at night aside from 7am/8pm feeds.

We have totally gone backward with the bug making him so unhappy though..

WLmum Wed 16-Oct-13 20:59:07

lazza I did c

WLmum Wed 16-Oct-13 21:03:20

Cold turkey with all bf with dd2 at about 9 months. She wouldn't take milk from anything but me and I had decided that it was time to stop bfing. I tried everything but it was only when I shut the shop that she accepted a bottle. She went til 5pm without milk - I offered the bottle maybe every hour. She was absolutely fine. I would have hesitated if she weren't a good weight but she was probably 75th centile.

spooky do you happen to know the parent child ratio at the spectrum? Woking is ridiculous - 1:1 for under 8s! Dd1 will be 13 before I can take them all!

SpookyTeacakes Wed 16-Oct-13 21:10:01

It's 1:1 for under 4s and 1:2 under 9s smile

WLmum Wed 16-Oct-13 21:25:22

DH and I can't take all 3 until may next year then!

WillYouDoTheMonsterMash Wed 16-Oct-13 21:29:39

Is that full stop though? Our baths is 1:1 under 4s unless 1 is wearing armbands.

Well done baby Blessed!

J stood for 2 minutes unaided today at baby group! He has managed 2sec max before. I let go and he just stood there looking around. <super proud>

DP is now as bad as me and is trying to persuade me to have another baby! I must go back to work and earn more money, I must go back first! grin

SpookyTeacakes Wed 16-Oct-13 21:35:21

You can take them together WL?

WLmum Wed 16-Oct-13 21:48:52

Dd2 is 3 so 1:1 for her and T. Never mind, my mum can sometimes have T on a sun am so DH and I can take dd1&2 in to play after lessons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now