Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - In which the babies start to reach their first birthdays

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 20-Sep-13 05:15:59
Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 21-Sep-13 09:38:04

Oo I am going the homeopathic route.

Elizadoesdolittle Sat 21-Sep-13 09:51:20

vq glad to hear j is doing so well. Sorry he's poorly again though hmm

Poor kirrinhorse hmm

Both girls managed to co-ordinate and give me a lay in this morning which was nice. Been very slovenly and only just finished breakfast. Got a busy day seeing the in laws, then swimming and to my friends so better get my arse into gear. Hope you all have a good day.

Oh and chasing I know it's hard but do less chores and give yourself that break. You need it and it will benefit O more than say the hoovering being done.

Elizadoesdolittle Sat 21-Sep-13 09:54:29

sophia E poured a cup of coffee over the other day. Luckily she tipped it to the side as opposed to all over her. I really had that heart in the mouth feeling. So glad O was unharmed. Sudacreme does wonders for things like that.

GingerBeerAndTinnedPeaches Sat 21-Sep-13 10:10:10

chasing put your feet up
sophia that must have been frightening, v lucky though

I'm a little sceptical when it comes to alternative medecine I have to admit.

StuntNun Sat 21-Sep-13 10:13:22

Definitely Netflix Sophia.

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 21-Sep-13 10:14:23

Enjoy your day chasing

ginge has worked really well for me wrt regulating my cycle which was all over the shop after I had DS1. I just think that the ultimate origin of drugs is plants etc, so it is just going back to the beginning really but without any dubious chemicals. If it doesn't work, no harm done. Worth a try if you are struggling. I found my actual sessions with the homeopath just as good actually because they really delve into who you are.

Brockle Sat 21-Sep-13 10:23:47

its too early to be at a play gym party just too early sad is it 11 yetkl

MsJupiterJones Sat 21-Sep-13 10:28:00

Hello new thread.

Inspired by VQ I looked on eBay for Clarks foot measure, the going rate seemed to be £6-£9 + £4.50 postage.

Had a quick google and realised Clarks sell them direct for £6 + free P&P.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else was looking. Hopefully will come in v handy and mean I can buy 2nd hand/ cheaper shoes in the right size!

ValiumQueen Sat 21-Sep-13 10:36:59

JJ I bought a dodgy one off eBay 7 years ago when the going rate was £40 as they were clearly stolen blush I got mine for a few quid as it was listed wrong.

Pikz Sat 21-Sep-13 10:38:53

And look for John Lewis sale. I got some fab cruisers for L for £12 in their sale.

Det L posts everything everywhere... Apparently best game.

tynecorbusier Sat 21-Sep-13 10:46:32

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

ChasingDaisy Sat 21-Sep-13 10:57:14

So, O has got a cold. So have I. I'm grumpy. I really want a sofa day but there is so much to do and I'll never manage to get it done when Oscar is here so I won't get my rest. Yes, I'm feeling sorry for myself today.

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 21-Sep-13 11:02:54

What was that about? Above?

How would I slow cook a joint of beef do you think?

GingerBeerAndTinnedPeaches Sat 21-Sep-13 11:14:46

Did we get spammed? Anyone see the message?

ChasingDaisy Sat 21-Sep-13 11:15:18

I didn't see it. Must have gone quickly.

ChasingDaisy Sat 21-Sep-13 11:15:49

Erm, slowly Sophia?

grin

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 21-Sep-13 11:16:42

grin

Pikz Sat 21-Sep-13 11:19:51

What kind of joint Sophia?

ValiumQueen Sat 21-Sep-13 11:42:39

Slow cooker Sophia? Or wrap tightly in foil and place in a low oven for a long time. Or Google. You cannot really go wrong with beef thankfully.

ValiumQueen Sat 21-Sep-13 11:43:56

J has just bitten my leg and drawn blood. Not impressed my son. Not impressed at all.

Passmethecrisps Sat 21-Sep-13 12:08:01

Just been out in the car trying to get p to sleep for an hour. We have a lunch date when she normally naps and she only managed 30 mins this morning. I can see this is going to go well .

ChasingDaisy Sat 21-Sep-13 12:28:19

Not a great day quiche wide it seems. When the babies are in bed tonight let's all meet back here for a moan. I have chocolate, matchmakers, popcorn and wine

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 21-Sep-13 12:28:48

It a big bit of silverside. I have a slow cooker section on my new oven. So I thought I would try tomorrow.

I decided to do the weekly meat deal at the butchers. So you get a selection of stuff for £20, they give you a list and you can choose which selection you have, which helps me as I like to meal plan. Then the fifth time you do it you get it free.

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 21-Sep-13 12:29:53

You never know pass the company might keep her going.

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 21-Sep-13 12:42:16

Anyway.....

Netflix or LOVEFILM?

This thread is not accepting new messages.