Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - In which the babies start to reach their first birthdays

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Fri 20-Sep-13 05:15:59
BigPigLittlePig Fri 20-Sep-13 22:19:09

Hugs kirrin & apple
Hi-5 chasing
Ice pack and wine for pidj
wine & [chocolate] in anticipation for izzy and whatever the night may hold.

Screamathon tonight, teeth are causing havoc. But a nice and vair civil party for dsd with all her mums family. Piglet now asleep on me in the lounge with me dropping toast crumbs on her head. Reminds me of when I dropped an enormous chocolate coin on her head when she was 2 months or so old blush grin

ChasingDaisy Fri 20-Sep-13 22:22:56

I dropped my phone on Oscar's head when he was about 2 months old blush More than once blush blush

daisychain76 Fri 20-Sep-13 22:26:30

Evening, hadn't thought of shoes. H doesn't even wear socks as he slides about when he crawls with them (he tends to push himself along with his toes) and because no one in our family ever manages a matching pair

Just trying to plan some farm-themed stuff for H's party. Thinking green jelly with animal sweets, a tractor chocolate cake, pin the tail on the donkey and, erm, that's as far as I've got.

Hope everyone gets a decent nights sleep tonight

Sorry to hear about kirrinhorse sad How long before you know?

C has a pair of Clarks shoes that we bought a couple of weeks ago. He's hardly worn them. At £26 it's a bit of a waste until he's walking.

GingerBeerAndTinnedPeaches Fri 20-Sep-13 23:31:47

I dropped E at 3 months chasing beat that! I don't think you had joined us back then. Or you pig . Yes, I dropped my baby. On a wooden floor. She landed on her head.

Had to relive that moment today at nursery paed appointment. "Can you run me through any major health issues for the girls?"

Took half an hour of me talking.

I think vq is ok and Detective is definitely ok as she is celebrating winning a cacherel coat on ebay. She got it for a steal, just 10€, the thieving detective. hmm

TheDetective Fri 20-Sep-13 23:52:54

grin

Bargain that coat.

O is going to LOVE it!

I am fine thanks chasing just hating work. Tis all. grin

Today took the biscuit. Put it this way. I was in 5-9pm. So why did I only leave at 9.50?? AFTER the late staff who finish at 9.30 left.........

TheDetective Fri 20-Sep-13 23:53:45

And my dinner - at 10.20pm, was burnt. hmm

Elizadoesdolittle Sat 21-Sep-13 00:04:18

Re naps, it's been a long long time since E has had 3 naps. I try to get her to have two but sometimes it's only just one. She had a grand total of 45 mins nap today. It's so erratic as it depends what we are doing the day. Yesterday she napped from 11-11:45 and then 2:30-4pm.

Had a nice evening having a couple of friends round for dinner and enjoying some wine.

Cant remember for the life of me what else I was going to waffle on about so i will spare you all and just take myself off to bed instead. Night all.

ValiumQueen Sat 21-Sep-13 01:42:05

Another fred! Wow!

Been very busy here, and now J is poorly. DD2 has been unwell with a shocking cough and wheeze, and now J has got it too so I am up with him. Nearly called an ambulance earlier as his breathing was shocking, but it has settled now. I will get him looked at in the morning. The girls used to be rough but nothing like how boy does. Poor wee scrap.

Seems I was right about poor old MIL. Something sinister on the ultrasound so been told it will be a long hard fight. This is what the Dr said to her. Having more tests to confirm what it is and if it is anywhere else.

I did not get the job but neither did anyone else. Seems they have someone lined up for it but had to advertise. Hmm.

J is now loving nursery after a shaky start, and is crawling like a pro and standing up on his own holding onto things. He is eating tons and has halved his milk intake. He is also sleeping much much better. Except tonight, but he is ill.

Big hugs to Izzy as I see from FB that sleep remains an issue. At least he keeps well in himself, although it is unimaginable what it must be like to have poor sleep for so long.

Well I am going to snuggle down with wee Darth as he is asleep in his bouncer. Not had the bouncer out for weeks.

Shoes - I see shoes have been mentioned. I have heard Startright are much better than Clarks, and having got a couple of pairs in charity shops I am inclined to agree. Jacob is now in a pair of 4.5. Just for show really. I have a Clarks foot measure and will intermittently get them measured to ensure that my measuring skills remain. I am not averse to second hand from charity shops or eBay while they are young and shoes have little wear. Once at school though I think it is a bit different as they are in them so much. I ask for money for birthday and Christmas to cover the cost of two new pairs for DD1. I have also been known to sell shoes on at a profit. I do not feel bad about this as the charity benefits when I buy them and the person who buys them off me has not spent weeks trawling the shops for the right size.

Anyhoo, night night quiche. It is my Dads 80th birthday party tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to make at least an appearance. He and his sisters may be in the Daily Mail in a couple of weeks :-)

ValiumQueen Sat 21-Sep-13 06:39:33

Just crawling into bed. Bad night but J seems quite perky this morning.

fruitpastilles Sat 21-Sep-13 07:41:35

Hello quiche, sorry I've been awol this week, I have been busy looking after dp, had to take him to a&e early hours Monday morning, his back was hurting so much he could barely breath. The hospital was rubbish and just said what it wasn't not what it is. He was so dosed up on pain killers that he went straight to work after the hospital and by the time they wore off I had to get a taxi to his work to pick him and the car up as he could barely breath again. So I've been running round after him as well as S while he's been laid up in bed.
Anyhoo - I feel quite mean now, S isn't having a birthday party, we will just take her to our local social club with all of the family, between me and my cousins we have lots of children so it'll feel like a party with them all there anyway, although that's not very different to most weekends haha.

Have slim read but not managed to read properly, so sorry the sleep training didn't work out izzy I was so hopeful after reading about the first night. But as others have said, J will get it when he is ready. I'd leave it a couple of weeks until trying again.
pp soooooo sooooooo pleased about vvvdp's job, when does he start? (Sorry if I've missed that he already has, or that you've already said)
chasing it's lovely to hear you sounding so happy, I loved how you described non date guy. He sounds really special and he is very lucky to have met you!
kyz you are a brilliant mum! E couldn't wish for a better mum, the fact that you are worried about the things you aren't able to do proves that. Please please give yourself a break chick. Loved the fb pic - which also proves that you are a great mum, not that you need proof!
apple sorry to read that you are struggling, I really hope dh is

fruitpastilles Sat 21-Sep-13 07:44:27

Ooops posted to soon!

apple I hope your dh is on board now and will give you the support you need off him. Well done for making the gp appt!
Sorry to hear about kirrinhorsey sad
vq poor J again, there really is no let up is there. Nice to hear apart from his illness he is sleeping better though. Poor mil too.

Right that's all I can remember, sorry for waffling on.

fruitpastilles Sat 21-Sep-13 07:45:32

Oh and I've skim read not slim read ....... Nothing slim about me not even reading grin

fruitpastilles Sat 21-Sep-13 07:48:37

Oh and shoes, S never wear them, I bought her some little boots from tesco yesterday they were only £5 an so cute, just for show though so I'll only put them on her when we go out. I've been wondering about getting her some 'proper' shoes, but she can't walk so I'll wait until she can.

GingerBeerAndTinnedPeaches Sat 21-Sep-13 08:06:36

VQ family in the Daily Mail eh? I hope you'll linkie when it comes around.

Morning all. Strange night here. I went to bed late, then couldn't sleep. Unusually for me I was worried about the girls. Mentioning the dropping incident last night and yesterday morning's paed appointment got me all anxious about winter coming. Which is silly because there's not much we can do about that.

fruitpastilles Sat 21-Sep-13 08:11:54

That's understandable though with the shocking winter you had last year ginge

GingerBeerAndTinnedPeaches Sat 21-Sep-13 08:30:57

Well I went from that to going through everything which could go wrong with the kids. Ever. Made myself cry sad sodding periods.

PurplePidjin Sat 21-Sep-13 08:44:10

He starts a week on Monday, he's got a load of holiday to use up.

Knee much better after a cuddle with a hot water bottle and a full night's sleep grin

6:30-5:30, hurrah!

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 21-Sep-13 09:00:22

Morning all.

Have been offline for a couple of days and have just skim read. izzy sounds like you have been having a rough time. I am so sorry. I have no advice but you definitely have my solidarity.

Sorry too about kirrinhorse sad

In brief here we had a coffee incident yesterday. Oliver reached out and pulled a cup of coffee all over him. As luck would have it ( because I was busy hosting a curry night on Thurs and one was not to hand) I had only put a sleep suit on and no vest. S I ripped off the sleep suit and put Oliver in the kitchen sink! We smothered him in sudacream and then aloe jelly and you wouldn't believe it but he was left without a mark. ( mummy nervous wreck though)

Then DS1 trapped his fingers in the door.

Then he stood up and fell on a train!

I am not sure who needed the Friday night glass of wine more me or him.

DH has taken them out for their Saturday morning whatever it is they do. I feel more than ever I need these Sat mornings. I love having them all the time but it is so stretching and tiring. I did used to feel I didn't really deserve them but now I feel I really do.

I need to get a routine going this week and start swimming or something.

QUICHE MOST IMPORTANT QUICHE QUESTION OF THE DAY....

NETFLIX OR LOVEFILM? grin

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 21-Sep-13 09:01:53

Oh vq startright are well worth a few extra pounds. The girls startrights last them a good two or so terms, clarks have fallen to bits before they have got to the end of term 1.

Sophiathesnowfairy Sat 21-Sep-13 09:04:41

No mountains today there is a complete blanket of mist. sad

PurplePidjin Sat 21-Sep-13 09:04:58

My mum has offered to buy the First Shoes. I'm very tempted to go for Dr Martens just to piss her off blush

TheDetective Sat 21-Sep-13 09:10:01

O had a bad night. Screaming at regular intervals for no known reason. He does that anyway sometimes but self settles now (since he re-learned it!) so I wasn't used to -- happy about-- getting up in the night again. Grrrr. Got used to longer stretches of sleep again.

Also, shit timing since I only got in from work at 10.15, I only went to bed at 12. There is NO way I can come home from work and go straight to bed. Even when I am on an early the next day. It's impossible. You need time to wind down/eat/get ready for the next day.

So I am a liiiittle grumpy this morning grin.

I did manage to placate O in bed with me for cuddles for half an hour. By the use of in the night garden on my phone. grin

He will not cuddle/lie on bed/ stay still any other way. Needs must, right?!

He is currently posting the thing that you put the stacking rings on through the fire guard. It is currently behind bars on the hearth. FFS. It is his favourite new game. Posting shit through bars. Cot/stairgate/bannister/fire guard. Even the bars on the back of chairs. hmm

ChasingDaisy Sat 21-Sep-13 09:14:37

Massively stressful morning here. O has been whinging non stop since 5.30am. I think he is getting a cold. Of course, he won't cry at all when he is with XP all day and I'm sure he will start up again as soon as he gets back home. I desperately need a break but I have so much housework to do today that I'll be lucky if I get an hour to myself. I just need a break.

ValiumQueen Sat 21-Sep-13 09:16:20

Sophia I am so glad O is ok after that. Enjoy your rest this morning smile

Ginger (((hug))) have you considered something homeopathic for your periods? I need to look into something soon. The ADs help to an extent.

Need to go and rescue Daddy from the kids. I got a couple of hours in before the shouting started.

This thread is not accepting new messages.