Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dec 08 - The One where they take on the world (school)

(958 Posts)
DeidreBarlow Tue 17-Sep-13 19:59:25

New thread

Mckayz Tue 17-Sep-13 20:16:06

Marking place!

JamInMyWellies Tue 17-Sep-13 20:16:41

Marking my spot for mini beans news.

Thanks for the new thread dieds.

Vagolajahooli Tue 17-Sep-13 20:24:59

Love the title Deids.

Well I've forgiven my two. They were pretty good the rest of the day and did really well with their respective instruments at violin/blokfluit (the dutch word for recorder sounds more interesting). I do adore them and while it was a poo that they had these days off school in the week my assignment is due it's been nice having them home for extra time.

I wonder how Beans is getting on.

beans37 Tue 17-Sep-13 20:35:32

I'm not, Vag. I'm bored of myself.

Our last thread started on my birthday and finished on Sybs's!

Vagolajahooli Tue 17-Sep-13 20:42:52

Oh poor you Beans, what's going on?

That's spooky about the birthdays

JumpJockey Tue 17-Sep-13 20:44:13

Hello new thread!
Come on Beansbaby!

Vagolajahooli Tue 17-Sep-13 20:49:01

Ooo babybean will be the next birthday woot woot

Honsandrevels Tue 17-Sep-13 21:25:40

Happy birthday Sybs! Hope you are having a lovely day.

Any progress Beans? Have they induced you?

I do like Bake off, such a cosy view.

sybilfaulty Tue 17-Sep-13 21:26:18

Thank you for all the birthday wishes.

So sorry things are dragging for you beans. I am sure tomorrow will be your day. Much love x

ShadyLadyT Tue 17-Sep-13 23:10:41

What did you do to celebrate, Sybs? I hope you had some treats.

I'm in bed and shattered - was nodding off on the sofa at 9.45 - I never do that. But wanted to check in to the new thread (thanks DB). Beans - sorry today was a bit of a damp squib. Really hoping all goes well, I'm glad Indith has been able to offer some advice. How are you finding the study, Indith? And how long have you had your coal burner on? Ours went on tonight - I've been soooo cold.

Arti, how is the au pair doing? Are you finding it ok? Do you think it will all work out?

Hons, did you say it's your birthday on Thurs? Perhaps you will share it with a Beanlet.

Vag, that was naughty about the Lego but I'm glad you've forgiven them grin

Sweet dreams all.

aufaniae Tue 17-Sep-13 23:18:52

Hope you don't mind me popping my head round the door to say hi, but I just caught this in active threads. I used to post as lowrib on the very old Dec08 threads. Can't believe our little ones are at school already! DS starts tomorrow. I'm meant to be getting everything ready, but DD (5 months) has other ideas and has only just gone to sleep!

How are you all? Have your little ones already started school? How are they finding it?

beans37 Wed 18-Sep-13 06:02:51

Contracting every 10mins. Fuck it hurts, but at least it's on the way. Will be in touch afterwards. Byeeeeeee!

Mckayz Wed 18-Sep-13 06:07:33

Go Beans Go!!! <waves pompoms>

Hello Aufaniae!! DS2 started full days on Monday and is loving it. I am not yet used to only have DD about.

Speaking of that child, she has been up loads and tends to sleep with her head near DH and spends most of the night kicking me. Time to try and get tough I think. sad

JamInMyWellies Wed 18-Sep-13 07:07:59

Woohoo go Beans gringrin

Here by 10.10am I reckon.

Hi aufanie

Shhh boys still sleeping. First time in yonks DS2 has not woken.

Arrtttiiieee Wed 18-Sep-13 07:17:13

Go Beans! I revise my prediction to 9.45am, boy, 7lbs 6oz.

Hi aufanie, I remember you, I never knew whether to pronounce you as Lowri-B or Low Rib! Congrats on your new DD, I have a four monther. Good luck with your DS starting school.

Sorry about the non sleeping DD Kayz. I don't know how you have soldiered on with so little sleep for so long, I'm losing it already and I've done about 1/5 your stretch.

DeidreBarlow Wed 18-Sep-13 07:43:24

Yay beans! I reckon by midday we will have a new baby!

Hello Aufanie. Congrats on DD and hope that DS has a lovely day at school.

Rubena Wed 18-Sep-13 07:50:46

Good luck beans! Hope it's quick! Revised time 1133am grin

Hi Aufanie / lowrib ! How time flies.

sybilfaulty Wed 18-Sep-13 07:59:52

Go beans. Go beans. Much love. Girl not called Sybil about 11.30

Hello lowrib congrats on the new baby.

Kayz, you are a superstar for keeping going on so little sleep. Have you tried Arti's mrs sleep for help? Think beans had a link too. I was demented with dd1 who was a rubbish sleeper but nowhere near as long as you.

Will let you know once I hear from beans. My phone is playing up re texts though so fingers crossed it gets through!

Mckayz Wed 18-Sep-13 08:19:37

Not yet Sybs. DH thinks it will be a waste of money because he doesn't think an hour long phone call will solve anything. Might wait for him to go and then do it.

I am going to say Beans will have a boy at 1039. 8lb 1oz

ShadyLadyT Wed 18-Sep-13 09:56:01

I wonder if Beans is going to be like Wills & Kate and keep us waiting 4hrs grin

Hi Aufaniae. Of course I remember you and I also puzzled over Lowri-B/Lowrib. Didn't you meet up in East London with Spot, Poison and Effie a few times? Most people are still here, some only pop in now and then and a few people have changed their names. As have I, but fairly subtly. Nice to see you! And congrats on your new nipper.

ShadyLadyT Wed 18-Sep-13 09:58:02

I have to say girls, I am tad suspicious about this fatigue I'm feeling. Hmmmmm.

Mckayz Wed 18-Sep-13 10:03:59

Could you be upduffed Lady?

ShadyLadyT Wed 18-Sep-13 10:07:03

Well, I suppose it is technically possible, yes. I'd be a bit surprised though. Also, despite all my thinking about it, I'd be terrified!

Rubena Wed 18-Sep-13 10:14:32

I wouldn't be surprised Lady!! GO and test!! NOW! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now