Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is there a September 2013 group yet?

(395 Posts)
Gingerandlemon Sun 15-Sep-13 19:41:25

Just that really! I gave birth two weeks ago on 1st September and am so ready to start asking everyone if they're going through the same stuff as me!!

fl0b0t Thu 31-Oct-13 21:54:01

Phew glad it's not only me (in a nice way). Dh wad in the spare room last night and we did sleep a bit better...

Lexilicious Fri 01-Nov-13 09:47:52

Joskar, a possible #11... The day you notice a pattern has formed, and think about using the R word... That's the last day of that pattern.

fl0b0t Fri 01-Nov-13 11:45:22

I liked the quote "this is todays routine" :-)

Joskar Fri 01-Nov-13 19:28:05

Lexi we can certainly add that as 11. Is very, very true.

12) DP is not doing you a favour when he feeds/changes/winds LO. His child too!
13) Pee and poo can and will go everywhere at the most inconvenient times
14) Even if you have swathed yourself in muslins, the baby will find the one spot un-swathed to vom on or will deliberately pull the muslin off you and then vom.

PurplePoppySeed Fri 01-Nov-13 23:26:44

Thanks roller HV pretty much said the same - phew

Rollermum Sat 02-Nov-13 18:22:49

Glad they reassured you Purple

Joskar ahaha on the muslins

I need an intervention on reading baby books. I don't know why I do it to myself but am reading Three in the Bed and The Baby Whisperer at the same time. They are on opposite sides re co sleeping.

Hope everyone having good sleep filled weekends!

juniper9 Sat 02-Nov-13 23:11:28

I have totally shot myself in the foot with naming my DD. Everyone else can use their initial in conversation, but if I use I then it just seems like I can't write!

My I (see?) has been hard work these last few days. She's not unhappy, but she just does not want to sleep. I can rock her to sleep but as soon as I move her she screams. I can't figure out what's wrong. I suspect nothing is 'wrong' but it's very frustrating!

Rollermum Sun 03-Nov-13 15:15:59

Juniper I have an 'I' too smile

The Wonder Weeks is about developmental milestones at certain weeks which can cause crankiness and refusal to sleep - it could be that? There is one at 5 weeks though may vary by 2 weeks or so. Also one at 8-9 weeks. My DD was two weeks (& 3 days!) late so she is heading for that next one now - it goes on due date.

fl0b0t Sun 03-Nov-13 21:30:52

I can't get my head around all these theories. Surely if any of them worked then everyone would use it?

We have had some ok days and nights but today had been challenging. Dh had taken baby D downstairs in the sling after slight argument about the fact that he didn't need to ask my opinion on everything! I know nothing more than he does. I don't 'want'him to do anything other than not ask me questions all the time. I'm too exhausted to make decisions or have the energy to make decisions for him too. Whether it's regarding nappy changes or techniques to get him to sleep. If I am the one always having the ideas, I feel like any failure to sleep/catch the dirty nappy we should have changed is my fault too sad her does a great job and is a wonderful daddy so I feel awful arguing or complaining but we don't have a particularly easy baby and I do all I can to ensure dh gets enough sleep and gets time to himself Inbetween working very hard to keep us afloat. ....

PurplePoppySeed Mon 04-Nov-13 07:10:42

Fl0 I feel the same, we seem to discuss options on what to try next whenever she cries! The colic seems to have returned after a few days peace + i now know she has a sensitive tummy as she got stinky and runny after I had a fast food lunch. its like being back at square 1 as I don't feel I know when she's hungry/tired etc!

fl0b0t Mon 04-Nov-13 08:58:49

Yup- TRying to read the cues is impossible. I had a couple of days where he seemed really unhappy so I just put a boob in his mouth. It calmed him, but I spent hours that day being a human dummy and of course got nothing done...... :-S

PurplePoppySeed Mon 04-Nov-13 11:07:53

Think my days are better if I go out & tbh week days seem to be easier as I think she's less confused by us!

fl0b0t Tue 05-Nov-13 05:11:17

After 4 good nights tonight he hasn't actually slept.

fl0b0t Tue 05-Nov-13 05:11:43

After 4 good nights tonight he hasn't actually slept.

Lexilicious Tue 05-Nov-13 10:35:09

((hugs))

Batbear Thu 07-Nov-13 07:32:08

Hope everyone had some sleep last night. D has been doing well with my first ever 5 hour stretch the other night.

Sadly a close family member passed away v recently and his funeral was this week. D had to come along as there was no-one to look after him, but luckily he was the best behaved child ever. Slept through church and was very happy to be passed around for hours around the wake. Made us look like we had an easy baby!

Immunisations are today, so hoping he doesn't get grumpy later.

fl0b0t Thu 07-Nov-13 12:53:32

Sorry to hear that bstbear. Hope the jabs go well! Robin had his this week and he was fine. Sleepy afterwards and then a few hours later he screamed so we did one calpol and he was slepy after that too.

Sleeping is still pretty shit here. On our best nights we get midnight to half three. Then another feed at six Ish and then again about half seven. But these nights are few and far between. grumps

Batbear Sat 09-Nov-13 04:45:11

Jabs were ok, he was only crying for a minute and was fine yesterday. Sadly today from lunchtime he has been off colour and wanted holding the whole time or would scream.

DS1 is poorly though with a massive temperature, swollen glands and a sore tummy so it may be that D has got some of this coming too (god I hope not)

DH is on nightshifts at the moment so I'm in bed with DS1 and the cat. DS2 is lying on me refusing to go back to sleep.

Hope everyone else is fairing better tonight

fl0b0t Sat 09-Nov-13 05:52:18

Surely the cat makes everything better? x

Batbear Mon 11-Nov-13 07:44:25

Urgh- is there a 9 week growth spurt too?

D has been feeding all the time every 2 hours last night and every hour in the 4 hours before bed!

Hope you all had good weekends!

Joskar Mon 11-Nov-13 12:27:02

Not that I wish to boast or jinx it or anything but Martha went to sleep before 2 am for the FIRST TIME since we took her home.

I feel like a new woman!

Obviously she is still cluster feeding from 7-12 and she was up from 3 am til 5 am so it's not perfect but I feel like we might be getting somewhere.

Hope everyone else is having similar small victories!

Creamtea1 Mon 11-Nov-13 15:50:27

Batbear - my dd is 8 weeks and last 2 nights have had the same thing as you. Hourly or constant feeding from 5-9 and then sleep till 11ish then she's waking every 1.5 hrs for feeding. Was just wondering if there was an 8 week growth spurt!

fl0b0t Mon 11-Nov-13 22:30:07

joksar I swear we have matching babies! cluster feeding all evening and not going to bed to midnight or one. Robin started having an evening sleep ten until midnight the last few days.

Last night wasn't great, neither was today but he Finalky slept for 3hrs from six until nine so I made dinner and we watched poiroit!

fl0b0t Mon 11-Nov-13 22:32:01

Ps creamtea and batbear-Robins 6 week growth spurt lasted weeks 5 to 8!!

Creamtea1 Tue 12-Nov-13 14:17:08

Argh we've got injections this week too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now