Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 6th Broadly Gemini Luxury Bus - this way ladies.

(994 Posts)
FrussoHathor Fri 09-Aug-13 17:14:41

Welcome aboard our 6th bus ladies.

FrussoNeedsGin Sun 13-Oct-13 11:18:17

Ds has been left with my friend and a bottle of formula. I am bursting. I've just had to hold dd2 whilst the hospital gas masked her. I feel sick. pic on fb of what dd2 has done

AGnu Fri 11-Oct-13 19:22:43

New thread here!

Sorry Bring, couldn't wait! Can't believe we're at 7 buses already!

FrussoNeedsGin Fri 11-Oct-13 16:31:08

Would you like the privalige bring?

We're nearly ready for thread #7!

Yeah, that would definitely stick around for awhile.... bc it wouldn't sell at a yard sale either

AGnu Fri 11-Oct-13 14:25:47

That's amazing! DH would love it! Engineer grin

I feel yucky! My blepharitis is playing up again & it's especially bad today! Thankfully I woke up before DH left for work & realised I couldn't open my eye so I could get him to fetch me things. I wasn't going to risk shouting incase it disturbed the DC so I text DH instead. It hurt too much to open my eyes so it took me several minutes just to text the word "eye"! I spent several hours with rice bags on my eye before I absolutely had to get Calf up but my poor eye is still feeling really sensitive now. I've got all the curtains shut because I can't stand the bright light. <Whimper> I want to take a nap now but there's a very real risk that it'll puff up again while I'm sleeping & I'll be back to square one! sad Still, there's at least one person in the world in more pain than me - some poor bloke fell off scaffolding at DH's work today! Dropped about 2 storeys apparently & landed very awkwardly. No news on his condition yet but it sounded really nasty! Makes my temporary eye pain seem rather insignificant... Still hurts though! wink <- that's what I looked like earlier, but less smiley!

peardrop2 Fri 11-Oct-13 13:18:19

It looks like it belongs in the Transformers movie grin

FrussoNeedsGin Fri 11-Oct-13 10:54:14

It's a hideous highchair though

FrussoNeedsGin Fri 11-Oct-13 10:53:06

Hey look this high chair is convartable. grin with extra stress on the fart grin --clearly I don't have enough to do today.

peardrop2 Fri 11-Oct-13 08:22:27

Thanks kitty. I appreciate what you said. You're right, I'm just trying to do my best!

Don't feel sad pear, you were following medical advice and it's still early days! It takes awhile for them to be having enough to probably make a difference, an ice cube is a very small amount of food but you are doing the right thing introducing it slowly, follow his lead, it would still be slow if you did it a month later and you will see an improvement it just takes time, as mums we feel guilt about everything but you can never second guess if what you do will be the right thing or not! Sometimes we make a decision and more often then not think why did I do that but hind sight is great isn't it, you've done your best for now and that's all you can do! thanks

peardrop2 Thu 10-Oct-13 21:44:09

I'm not ready to drop any feeds yet. Feel sad that I've weaned him early. His reflux is still present and his sleeping hasn't improved. What was the point sad

peardrop2 Thu 10-Oct-13 21:39:38

Thanks bring for your reassurance!

Kitty ~ no he hasn't dropped any feeds and I'm giving breakfast and lunch now. He gobbles one ice cube down each time. It's like his appetite has increased because he's sneaked in an extra feed at night ;-/

Is that where people get calling a vagina a twinkle from?? I wonder....
Has he droped any feeds pear? Usually they advise weaning if children are gaining too much weight my dnephew lol because milk is calorific but veg/ fruit which is what they have for so long isn't

Jeeeeeze, why must we have all these different types of sign language? I'm sure there are weird little differences between BSL and ASL too. What a mess. Lol, that is really funny though!

Pear at this stage, too many calories are really not a worry unless you were feeding him mcdonalds Fruit and veggies are minimal and your breastmilk is ideal. Please don't worry about restricting his diet just yet.

peardrop2 Thu 10-Oct-13 17:30:48

And that's funny about the signing turning into rude words! It hadn't even occurred to me that it could happen grin

peardrop2 Thu 10-Oct-13 17:29:27

Kitty ~ Oooh that sounds like the antelope would be a very cheap, hygienic and portable option. Like!

Hmm the dummy has been refused at this nap time so he was obviously having an off moment this afternoon! It's all progress though grin I'm more happy to see that he was prepared to sip water as I've noticed he's been drinking more from me after solids. I was starting to worry that he may be getting too many calories. I'm going to get him weighed tomorrow eek!

FrussoNeedsGin Thu 10-Oct-13 16:37:14

bring in his opening song he signs in makaton (although the same problem is in signalong too) I'm happy to see you" in bsl it translates "when I see you I f***ing you" blush terribly naughty. It's one sign that the position of your thumbs turns it between a complete innocent word and a not so innocent word.
There's other words that do the same thing. My favourite is "twinkle twinkle little star" because the sign used for diamond translates into vagina in bsl. whole new meaning to the song. grin

What did me tumble sign frus shock

Wow baby pear!! -- did you drug him mummy pear? Something on the dummy wink??--
I've not needed anything inbetween high chair and big chair, dd1 still goes in her high chair sometimes and sometimes just sits at the table, she's a little low but not enough to bother her or me, the great thing with the antelop is if you take the tray off its the perfect height to put at most tables so you just sit them at the table but in that seat, at £16 quid you can't go wrong, I've met so many people who converted to them myself included, the others with padding etc are so hard to clean food out of nooks and crannys, plus if you go on a Holliday etc you can take in the car because of removable legs etc, believe me you would regret wasting that amount of money on a high chair!

LOL oh my goodness frus <whispers> what kind of naughty words ?

WOW pear It's a miracle! With a dummy!?

Yeah, that's why I was looking into spending a bit more for the stupid thing. The boys are both in booster seats that are on top of regular chairs and we're out of chairs to hold booster seats.... so I thought M could just have her own chair to grow with her.

Eek! It's me and M's first day of prenatal apts with the new midwife I'm working with. I haven't done this in a year, I'm nervous!

FrussoNeedsGin Thu 10-Oct-13 15:26:25

I was looking at ikea ones pear grin
Has somebody swapped baby pear? That's a huge turn around for you/him.

kitty mr tumble uses makaton, which not all counties do, but it's a good place to start, although not all signs are the same as mr tumble found out when was told off for signing naughty words. blush

peardrop2 Thu 10-Oct-13 14:30:29

I don't know what is going on today. Baby pear has taken water from his Tomee Tipee cup and he's just fallen asleep with a dummy. Madness!

peardrop2 Thu 10-Oct-13 14:27:33

Bring ~ yes I can. That's looks nice and like the stokke trip trapp chair. I do like the idea of having something that lasts along time!

peardrop2 Thu 10-Oct-13 14:25:10

Kitty ~ ahh that's interesting. I've heard quite a few people recommend Ikea but I wasn't sure which one they were talking about. I might get one of those then as I just can't be doing with spending more on a highchair. Out of interest what happens when they outgrow their high chair? Is there an in between period where they need a booster seat for an adult seat? The stokke trip trap chairs look great but I don't agree on spending £170 and I definitely don't agree on spending £70 on a second hand one on eBay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now