Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

The 6th Broadly Gemini Luxury Bus - this way ladies.

(994 Posts)
FrussoHathor Fri 09-Aug-13 17:14:41

Welcome aboard our 6th bus ladies.

Oh and he "didn't hear" dd1 wake at 12:30 and 1 this morning

FrussoHathor Fri 06-Sep-13 13:20:41

I'm sure my DH thinks ds sleeps through because he never wakes up.

FrussoHathor Fri 06-Sep-13 22:58:29

Hello <waves> it's quiet today.

AGnu Sat 07-Sep-13 00:27:02

<Waves> Hi Frus! Sorry, we've been busy hunting bears & breastfeeding monkeys! DH fell asleep on the sofa so I did the washing up - total role reversal! Twas v weird but as it happens I bought new, non-holey washing up gloves just yesterday so I was able to wash the dishes without fear of my hands blistering! DH eventually woke up & you'd have thought it was Christmas when he realised I'd done everything. I'm glad he's so easily pleased! But I won't be doing it again for a few months... Wouldn't want him to take me for granted! Time to cut holes in my gloves again! wink

Disclaimer: I've been on the wine and I signed up for an archery class. grin

Dh made a lovely curry for us at 10pm at night and all the while waiting for our dinner I've totally had waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much to drink.

M has also decided that waking up at 3:30 for a boob party has been a good idea for the past 3 nights/mornings. I'm so tired.

Tipsy mumsnetting is really fun, btw!

HOw's your booby frus? Any better?

Ahhh bring little m has reached that same mile stone as kitten then! Is it worse when the lure you into a false sence of security then snatch it from you? 4 for us yeasterday and 5 tonight, she will go back to sleep til 9 but dd1 will be awake at 6 no doubt so i don't get the benifit confusedI've tried upping the milk but it doesn't seem to be making a difference, she had 7oz in a bottle the day before yesterday and would have carried on shock
Dd1 has also gone from a completely dry day at home to a completely wet one at nursery, all wet clothes then came home and even though I asked her 5 minutes before proceeded to piss all over the floor, she even cocked her leg like a dog angrylater after bath when she had her nappy on ( again after being asked) did a poo in her nappy and helpfully took it off while I was putting kitten to sleep ( on my own) and smeared poo all over the bed sheets, brilliant!
All I could hear was mum I've done a poo in my nappy, mum, mum! Also since when am I mum?? She's 2, I like mummysad

As predicted dd1 6am hmm

FrussoHathor Sat 07-Sep-13 13:52:01

Boob is a bit tender but not bad thanks bring

No false sence of security here wink didn't even put ds in his cot last night. I love co-sleeping; Ds wakes, feeds, and goes back to sleep. As long as he doesn't decide to play at 2am I'm happy. [easily pleased mom emoticon]

Dd started swimming lessons today. Hmm. That is all.
Then we did playing in the woods. Is moss poisonous? Dd liked chomping and licking it. It has a wierd texture. You expect it to be wet and soft and squishy, but it's rather crunchy.

Lol about the moss. I'm sure it's fine. Just keep the funky mushrooms away from her and she'll turn out alright. wink

Oh kitty in the throws of potty training. I would have to say that potty training is one of THE most infuriating and testing experiences of parenting to date. My 5 year old (eep, in 12 days) still has the mentality of "oh well, it's just some poo in my pants." as he tosses them on the floor <bolk> while my 3.5 yo is routinely weeing all over the bathroom mat. You can only go so long years with putting up with the "accidents" before you want to rub their noses in it b/c you're so fed up.

<groan> Hangover. I feel so old when I have hangovers. Like an old woman.

FrussoHathor Sat 07-Sep-13 19:35:49

Lol at the mushrooms. Luckily the only 2 types of mushrooms I've seen in those woods are edible. but she just wacked them with a stick

Mmm that wee smell when you enter the bathroom. our silly landlord thought carpet would be a good idea in the bathroom

Hello lovelies.

Popping my head round as I like to do. Obviously I don't have much to add to the baby talk but I wanted to say hi....and look at my photo!!

bear

FrussoHathor Sat 07-Sep-13 21:00:00

Wow thund posing waving in there. and fingers and toes and squishy loveliness.

Lorelei353 Sat 07-Sep-13 21:09:30

Hi Thunder. Love the photo!

AGnu Sat 07-Sep-13 22:15:36

Hi Thund! Looks like the baby's blowing bubbles! Or smoking! grin Just a few months & you'll get to see that little face for real! Exciting!

So lovely! Thanks so much for sharing thunder!

Such a clear lovely photo! You must be over the moon, is that 12wks now or bait further along? X

Ahh thank you my friends.

Yes 12+2 yesterday. I think the bubbles are its little fingers.
Still hasn't sunk in here but it's been lovely to tell some people!

Has no one else clocked that bring signed up for an archery class?' Amazing! Or maybe there's a back story here that I've missed and its old news?

Not loving the wee and poo stories however. Still feeling a bit delicate for that,...

FrussoHathor Sun 08-Sep-13 12:48:24

I clocked. wink But doesn't sound that unusual to me. I did archery as a kid
Definately finger bubbles. And a thumb by the nose.

pear you have mail. grin

Whingy bum today. And a definate full front to back roller now. Eep.

FrussoHathor Sun 08-Sep-13 12:49:01

Back to front I meant. Not front to back. loosing plot today

Lorelei353 Sun 08-Sep-13 14:11:19

Archery is cool. I did it as summer camp as a kid and loved it.

Anyone taken their little ones swimming yet? I'm thinking of taking DS this week. He loves the bath and loves to have his body floating and kick his legs. Think it might be fun. My local pool has a warmer teaching pool that they run baby sessions in. They're not lessons but they do have a designated attendant to help you get little ones used to the water.

FrussoHathor Sun 08-Sep-13 15:21:09

Yeah, we've been a few times since about 8 weeks.
Ds seems to like the water too lib
I need to look up baby swim classes now the dds are back at school.

<dragging feet and struggling to keep eyes open> M decided it would be a great idea to wake up....wait for it....FOUR times last night. shock What kind of tricks is this girl trying to pull? especially on a night when I went out for drinks with girlfriends GROAN. Exhausted.

Ha, no, no back story. Just decided on a whim whist drinking that it looked fun and it could be a new hobby (hey, I could even do it with M strapped to my back!). My younger brother is extremely talented in it (more for hunting purposes though) and said I should take an intro course with a group of 8 year old boys and then we'll go do target practice together. Good bonding experience. Plus, I just really want to be like Merida from "Brave" grin

Woah! We have a roller on the bus! How old is baby frus again?

FrussoHathor Sun 08-Sep-13 16:29:50

lor not lib

FrussoHathor Sun 08-Sep-13 16:31:15

Just over 16 weeks I think bring I've lost count

FrussoHathor Sun 08-Sep-13 18:15:23

Grr. Im annoyed and I've has enough. I'm sick of DH not tidying up. Or breathing. or moaning because ds is crying, b/c I'm tidying up and he's sat right next to him. Or complaining because he bathed dds. Or because i'm telling the dds off again for making a mess after I've tidied up again And dd1 for just sitting there watching me tidy her toys. And all of them for trashing the place b/c they don't know where anything is and feel the need to empty a drawer to fibd something, and not put the rest back, or put anytging back where it belongs. and they'd know where it was if they ever tidied up themselves. and dd2 for not brushing her teeth and having to be pinned down to do it. And ds for whinging and not going to sleep when he's tired and that's the only reason he's whinging. And he wants to be attached to my boob at all times And DH for having a bath b/c he's going out again and i want a bath but I can't b/c he doesn't do anything even when he is home. Grrr asaahhhh.

Okay. rant over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now