Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

June 2013 (2) - attempting to get into a routine!

(1001 Posts)
MrsBri Thu 08-Aug-13 01:29:14

New thread for us ladies. :-)

pinkapples Tue 15-Oct-13 20:15:06

I have no advice on the job front, I went back full time when Theiah was 11weeks old I do manage a day nursery so she is with me all the time which is lovely I can earn money have free child care and spend all the time I want with her gringrin

Theiah is now waking in the night again nightmare!! After full nights no waking it was amazing now she's waking up like clockwork again grrrr nearly time for weaning we're starting at 5 months so not long now she was 4 months on Sunday

Mrs81 Tue 15-Oct-13 21:21:27

That sounds like the ideal solution Pink re work and LO!

With you on the sleep regression thing. Everyone I've spoken to assures me it's just a phase. Exhausting in the meantime though.

DS has started giving us proper giggles now. Its so cute and he's so chuffed with the sound that it makes him laugh some more.

curlyclaz13 Tue 15-Oct-13 21:46:59

I hope we have had sleep regression but probably not, osk will go for 3-4 hours on his front to start then about 2 hours after. For him that is amazing !
Still don't like him on his front but if I put him on his back he wakes instantly or if we are lucky he stirs then rolls over. I must check he is still breathing about 1000000 times a night so I still don't sleep that well. [Smile ]

SunnyL Tue 15-Oct-13 22:00:27

We've got a broken baby too at the moment. Little monster is waking up all night. Still it means she will definately have put on weight this week judging by how full her nappy is in the morning. Hats off to Mr Pampers. They make those things blinking strong.

Feckin hope this 4 month regression is just a phase!

hedgehogy Wed 16-Oct-13 09:06:09

Don't worry, it is just a phase - DD is sleeping through again.

Curly, I can thoroughly recommend the Tommee Tippee monitor with sensor pad. We used to be constantly checking to see if DD was breathing but we're sleeping much better now as this is very reassuring. I'd read a few reviews saying it gives false alarms but those people just don't know how to work it properly as it has different sensitivity levels for different mattresses. It's brilliant - there's a tiny green flash every time there's a movement (tends to to correspond with breathing) and watching it is quite addictive (in the evening when DD has gone to bed, although if we wake in the night a quick glance is enough to reassure us)!

rrreow Wed 16-Oct-13 11:09:10

Curly, Z has been sleeping on his front since about 2 weeks. Personal decision of course, but it was either that and sleep for all of us or on his back and waking every 10 minutes/crying etc.

4 wake ups night before last, back to 3 last night. Can see from my feeding app that he had a mini growthspurt the last 2 days, so hopefully that's what the 4 night feeds was about. 4 night feeds = dead mummy. 3 night feeds = very tired mummy. 2 night feeds = never happens anymore sad At least he goes straight back to sleep after each feed.

Mrs81 Wed 16-Oct-13 11:12:54

Just back from round 3 of immunisations. I think if I've done the first three, its only fair DH does the next three?

Anyway my lovely (read: weird) little boy grinned at hv AFTER the jabs.

All the extra night feeds have paid off too and he's finally broken the 6kg barrier grin

MrsBri Wed 16-Oct-13 12:25:16

We've just had our third lot of jabs too. Poor Amy took these worse than the previous ones. :-(

She's had some teething pain the last few days too, so it's a double whammy today.

I think we're heading into sleep regression land as we had 3 wake ups last night, up from 1.

I've started to feel quite ill from lack of sleep: nausea, dizziness and headaches. The joy.

Pink, you have the perfect job, I think :-)

Sarah2506 Wed 16-Oct-13 12:45:56

mrsbri can you have the occasional night off? We don't have too many wake ups these days but if I've had a run of bad nights then DH takes over one night and I sleep in the spare room, normally with a nytol to knock me out. Recharged I'm then good to go for a few nights. It's a real sanity saving measure. Even though DH must go to work and concentrate the occasional night doesn't bother him, especially as he gets back to sleep very quickly.

curlyclaz13 Wed 16-Oct-13 14:46:07

part time refused so I either have to go back full time or find a new job which won't be easy.

MrsBri Wed 16-Oct-13 14:57:41

Sarah, DH did a feed last night so I could sleep, but a) we don't have a spare bed anymore as the nursery is in our spare room and b) DH has a really physical job so it's not safe for him to be tired as he's up ladders and dying power tools etc. :-/

We've said we will do nothing this weekend to recuperate. I think I'll suggest that we take turns to have a lie in to attempt to catch up. He sleeps easily when we do that. I don't sleep as long, but it'll help.

Curly, what reasons did they give? If you do it formally there's only a certain number of reasons that apply.

curlyclaz13 Wed 16-Oct-13 16:00:09

I did an informal letter but she has clearly checked and replied as a formal request. Her reply is we are too busy, wouldn't meet targets, lack of supervision for trainee and hard to recruit. in my opinion the only really valid one is the supervision issue as she would have to do it but wont. I think I will leave a formal approach as long as possible now and look for something else

Sarah2506 Wed 16-Oct-13 16:12:08

What's your job curly?

curlyclaz13 Wed 16-Oct-13 16:15:23

I'm a Dispensing optician. (all the stuff after the eye test ) I am the only one in practice but have a full time trainee under my supervision. my problem now is I don't drive so finding something p/t I can get to will be tricky.

Sarah2506 Wed 16-Oct-13 16:26:35

Hmm. I imagine the trainee must be supervised full time so that's valid. If its a small practice I guess the only way it would work would be if you magically met another mum who happens to want to work pt time and is an optician?! Failing that I guess you could work pt time for a big boots opticians etc? Somewhere there is more than one of you?

curlyclaz13 Wed 16-Oct-13 16:42:40

The thing is I already had a different day off to him when I was full time, so he already has a second supervisor, this would mean another supervisor though, the boss, but she would see it as below her. Oh well I am sure things will work out one way or another for the best in the end.

Olimoss Thu 17-Oct-13 09:51:57

Back in London. Blue skies!!
What time was the London meet up proposed for on 24th? I've a GP appt at 1050am but free afterwards...

pinkbear82 Thu 17-Oct-13 10:50:17

Boss people can be so annoying at times. I had an email back blathering on about annual leave allowance or some rubbish I hadn't asked anything about and not being able to extend mat leave by six weeks.... I hadn't asked that! Nothing about me having asked to drop my hours. :/ might as well not replied!

Waiting for my new phone to arrive today and getting bits ready as was dsd's 7th birthday yesterday and we have her tonight so doing a little birthday tea for her. Trying to remember what we did for her sister and keeping it similar otherwise a big fuss will ensue and it's really not worth it.

Dd is very vocal today, it's fab! Making all sorts of noises and letting it be known she is around. Although still only napping for 20 mins here and there during the day and clearly very tired she's very happy.

MadameJ Thu 17-Oct-13 11:02:50

OH NO!!!!!! We have hit the dreaded 4 month sleep regression with a bang and my amazing sleeper is now waking up at least 4 times and cluster feeding all evening. Dd1 has croup so she has being waking up coughing needing a cuddle and a drink. Just worked it out I had the grand total of 3 hours and 15 minutes of broken sleep last night so I really am struggling today :-(

Sarah2506 Thu 17-Oct-13 11:16:28

London people happy to meet around lunchtime? Or early afternoon?

How was the flight oli?? Blue sky is today only I suspect:-)

Pink that sounds about right. I'd be tempted to write back saying thanks, all very interesting, but can you answer my questions?!

SunnyL Thu 17-Oct-13 11:26:00

Yeee hah! Little piglet has put on 11oz this week and is back on the curve. As hard as this sleep regression thing is at least it has benefits for skinny minnies.

On that note how long did the sleep regression last withothers? We've had a week and last night she dropped down from 4 feeds to 2. Is it getting better or isit a blip?

Olimoss Thu 17-Oct-13 11:53:39

Lunchtime good....aces. I'll bus it in strait after GP appt.

I think sleep regression hit us at the same time I was dragging J across multiple timezones so it was doubly awful, seeing as I was won my own.... hoping that's the worst of it for now. He is 20 weeks now. Terrifying.

J is doing full rollovers from back to front, Is v vocal and all of a sudden looks BIG. He travelled well, was a champ. V popular with cabin crew and grannies (thank god he's a massive, flirty-smile-at-anyone kid) so I took full advantage. Pretty tiring but I survived. Jetway due at any kin, we got in bout 1pm yesterday.

Olimoss Thu 17-Oct-13 11:54:19

*straight

Today all and any errors entirly blamed on jetlag.

HungryHorace Thu 17-Oct-13 11:54:36

How annoying, pink. How much mat leave are you having? If it's not the full year then actually, you CAN extend it and your employer has to suck it up. Not that you did ask, but it looks like the person responding is an arse and knows nothing!

Welcome back Oli. How was the return flight?

Olimoss Thu 17-Oct-13 11:55:16

Fucksake. Just re-read my post. RIDDLED with typos.

* puts baby in jumperoo, takes self off to bed *

This thread is not accepting new messages.