Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

June 2013 (2) - attempting to get into a routine!

(1001 Posts)
MrsBri Thu 08-Aug-13 01:29:14

New thread for us ladies. :-)

pinkbear82 Mon 16-Sep-13 11:34:52

They hide dairy in everything, whey powder is a derivative of it too, and that's in even more (but very little in it so for cutting out is ok not to avoid more if intolerant/allergic) when I first had to stop wheat and dairy it was a nightmare..... Salad with no dressing, hello 24/7 hmm

I was the. Queen of grumpiness yesterday, I definitely might have. Called DP a selfish prick and knobish asshole more than once. He more than deserved it, but wasn't my fine. T day.

Off to docs this avo as dd is clearly in pain and not sure why, she also has a nasty cough and after the trouble with her lungs I don't just want to pick something up with out being told its ok.

curlyclaz13 Mon 16-Sep-13 12:01:56

Hope all the poorly babies get better soon. Sleep is improving here but still waking and feeding every 11/2- 2 hours, he is actually asleep in his pushchair at the mo but I need to try and get him to sleep in bed during the day as this is not ideal. trying some different dummies as he doesn't always settle back to sleep after a feed at night but will suck my finger and drift off.
bumps and babes this afternoon and baby massage starts this week.

SunnyL Mon 16-Sep-13 12:19:10

Curly I've been doing lots of reading on reflux this week. Have you had your little one checked out for silent reflux? Apparently they aren't sick but in real pain if you lie them down which manifests itself as crying and restless sleep? A neighbours kid had it and they've had lots of support with it.

curlyclaz13 Mon 16-Sep-13 12:31:07

Not had that checked but is probably worth it if he doesn't settle as I am putting it down to a growth spurt but it's a long one !

HungryHorace Tue 17-Sep-13 10:56:25

Has anybody else experienced a loss of appetite in their LO? DD is really not eating much but we can't work out if it's teething or some tummy pain or something else.

She seems ok in herself, apart from the usual evening grumps. May make a GP's appt tomorrow around when we have the second lot of jabs.

HungryHorace Tue 17-Sep-13 10:58:13

Oh, she does have very painful wind though. As in enough to make her scream :-(

Ds seems to be eating less since his 12 wk growth spurt. He was having around 29oz a day, with growth spurt it increased to 34ish but last 2 days only wanted 25oz.

Meant to add he has got a cold though so could be that, not sure

HungryHorace Tue 17-Sep-13 11:45:12

That does sound similar to be honest. Will monitor it I think.

HungryHorace Tue 17-Sep-13 12:28:02

Pink, did you get any answers about your DD? I hope she's on the mend. And your DP is being less knobbish!

curlyclaz13 Tue 17-Sep-13 12:31:10

I think we might be getting back to near normal sleep here, pretty much every two hours but still had him awake from 1.30 until 3 last night.
Just ordered a Jumperoo !
Oscar is still a hungry horace but I think he always will be, my poor boobs.

pinkapples Tue 17-Sep-13 20:23:17

Which jumperoo did you get?

curlyclaz13 Tue 17-Sep-13 21:32:30

the half price on amazon one, rainforest ?

pinkbear82 Tue 17-Sep-13 21:48:42

HH - gp suggested water to help with her poos and the gaviscon bunging her up. Chest clear but has a bit of a cold so cough probably linked to that. If I'm not happy at end of week I'll take her back again. DP improving on the knobish front, a little

Leaving her for first time at the weekend. Got a spa hen weekend, I'm dreading leaving her. Have and am still trying to express enough to leave her, but am trying her on formula just in case too. So far she hates it. Had a very guilt ridden night last night, felt like I didn't want to go and that dd shouldn't be without me. probably should have left her with someone else for longer than an hour up to now and I'd feel better

Bloody buggy broke today, the brake jammed on, luckily baby group is just round the corner so we slowly made it home! Phoned cosatto when I got in and they are sending a new frame. And it'll be here Thursday - fab customer service. Was slightly worried I'd have to tie dd on the back of the dog to get out!

curiousgeorgie Tue 17-Sep-13 21:48:49

Is it too soon for teething at 13 weeks?

Sephy is frantically ramming her hands into her mouth but refusing milk... My DD1 is a blur and I remember nothing wink

Steffanoid Tue 17-Sep-13 22:59:21

oli have you tried a saline nasal spray? We're in the throes of a cold and its bloody amazing as well as the calpol room thingy

downside of having a cold meand I cant smell when ethan has pooped and because hes had a cold theyre messy so have had a couple of leaks sad

Steffanoid Tue 17-Sep-13 23:02:25

also georgie I have that horrible feeling its starting, red cheek, drooly, lots of hands in mouth and rattles too and a grumpy bubs, im really hoping its all the cold though

SunnyL Wed 18-Sep-13 07:53:02

Think they can start teething now. After all some scary babies are born with teeth.

Just got woken up by Lil chatting away to herself in the cot. Far far far too cute for her own good.

HungryHorace Wed 18-Sep-13 08:15:58

DD has been teething for a few weeks. No actual teeth are through yet, but we can see / feel them. It can apparently take ages between it starting and teeth actually cutting.

And Sunny, DD does that too. It's just too adorable, isn't it? :-)

Olimoss Wed 18-Sep-13 08:24:52

Steff: yes, thankyou! All tooled up with saline, panadol, etc. he's on the mend but like others here pretty sure we'll see tooth buds soon, rosy cheeks & drool ahoy.

Also started giving J tiny bits of food as per Dr's advice. He loves it! Interestingly the paediatric consultant said that they advise waiting till 6 months (J is starting at 4 months due to his throat op) mostly cause so many parents feed their kids such shit food. Amazing. Babies are, he said, ready & keen for good from 4 months, soon as they start bringing hands to mouth & watching you.

Olimoss Wed 18-Sep-13 08:25:28

*food

Sarah2506 Wed 18-Sep-13 09:44:50

Oh what has happened to my magical sleeping baby!?! She has slept 12-13 hours a night with one wake up since week four and now we have descended into chaos. Waking at midnight, three, four, five thirty, six thirty. Then I gave up trying to sleep myself. Nightmare!

London ladies how about 17th or 24th??

curlyclaz13 Wed 18-Sep-13 10:15:12

Off to the doctors in a bit too see about silent reflux, he has most of the symptoms apart from fussing when feeding and arching his back when being winded so not sure if that's what it is but as every time I put him down at night he wakes and fusses there hopefully is something that can be done.

HungryHorace Wed 18-Sep-13 10:32:57

Interesting to know, Oli, as DD watches us like a hawk when we are eating. She had a luck of my apple yesterday as she was so obsessed by me eating it!

Babies with reflux can start at 4 months too, so I think we will start then with bits of fruit and veg.

I've no idea how much to give her, but imagine I'll find guidance online!

Olimoss Wed 18-Sep-13 10:46:00

Hungry - we have just been giving prob a total of two teaspoons at a time of little bits on the end of a spoon, whilst J is in the bumbo. He loves banana, things rice cereal is boring. Trying mango later today.

We are taking it very slowly, mostly so he gets used to different tastes and feels in his mouth, and never feed him the purees when he's hungry - often give him at around 2pm, between his 11am and 3pm bottle feeds. We will slowly up it and put it on his fingers and toys so he can suck it off himself once he's familiar with the tastes and textures. Taking it easy but he's totally loving it.

Sarah - I arrive back in UK on 16th, might be a bit hagfaced jetlaggy! 24th could work....

This thread is not accepting new messages.