Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jan 2013: Part 5 - Food is for fun - Sleep is for wimps...

(1000 Posts)
Pascha Sat 03-Aug-13 09:50:51

Here we go again

Pascha Wed 28-Aug-13 10:49:32

Lost I had that last weekend, but DS1 stepped in to oblige on the train so I didn't have to pump grin.

Now then, my thoughts are starting to turn to christmas presents and first birthday as its only 2 weeks after. Has anyone any really great ideas?

Angielka Wed 28-Aug-13 19:42:09

Ooh, sorry about all the porly babes, and the choking! Shit. Must have been terrifying.

Really don't want to jinx things but Molly has only woken once a night for the past two nights, and in my mind we are still trying to recover from the 4 month sleep regression so i can't tell you how happy that makes me. Don't you dare wake up now just to prove me wrong

Molly can now get from lying flat on her front to sitting in less time than it takes me to get up off the floor. No crawling, but the kid gets about somehow black magic?

DH's birthday today and he's in a foul mood. Probably DD1's fault. She's being a little terror.

Christmas? Oh noooo...

Lora1982 Wed 28-Aug-13 23:14:20

Maxs mum said for christmas she was going to get something he'd like now and for the birthday something he'd like summertime because theres a massive wait til the next round of presents poor planning

Had a cute moment earlier the usually yappy non sharing yorkie was passing the ball to dexter so he could play with it and chuck it, I think the dog was only being nice so he could get a lick of the yoghurt puke on the floor.

Still no forward movement, he is occasionally on his knees and hands it the correct pose as it were but its usually just the paralised leg drag pose.

I was just the other day thinking he was growing up too fast bunty. Mums just got a 2y old fosster boy though so im back to thinking hes a baby

Lostbobbles Thu 29-Aug-13 07:35:57

Still up in the night for milk twice, I think this baby is going to be about 8 before she sleeps through. I'm starting to think about giving her a bottle of formula last thing to see if it fills her up more than bm. Any other ideas welcome, I gave tried higher protein dinner and complex carbs....

Pascha - I'm thinking Xmas in a hot country I can dream RL wise I have no idea as I have a loft full of plastic paraphernalia. I am going to get the little piano with the animals from toyrsus only on the basis that DD1 never had it and used to love it at baby group and DD2 went straight for it the other day at a friends house. bet I get it before Xmas though

lollipoppi Thu 29-Aug-13 07:44:34

Hi all
Horrible few days, DS1 got blue lighted to hospital at 3am Tuesday morning having an asthma attack hmm lots of oxygen, nebulisers and steroids and we were discharged last night
DD is also still full of a cold too bless her

On a happier note ..... DD is waving, very cute

Christmas!! I've not even thought about it! Must get buying presents soon a I always leave it to the last minute
I was shopping last week and a card shop already had their Xmas cards on display shock

glorious Thu 29-Aug-13 08:10:16

Oh lolli how awful. Glad he's ok thanks

bunty good that DS is on the mend but hope Cameron isn't getting it sad

Hooray for sleep angielka !

I took Ellen in the sea at my mum's yesterday. She was not impressed! Though we think the shock triggered the poo we've been waiting for for a week. Oh my, it was epic. It just kept coming, in the end she got through three nappies just lying underneath her. And more food is going in than I realised because it isn't bf poo any more, it's just poo. Eugh. I don't think I'll ever quite recover!

Meringue33 Thu 29-Aug-13 10:17:10

So sorry to hear that Lolli thank goodness he is ok

Sleep absolutely dreadful here, relieved to hear we're not alone. Woke up to DP's alarm this morning, looked down and LO was latched on, I hadn't even realised!

Creepy how are you and Nancy? Haven't heard from you for a while smile

Birdies Thu 29-Aug-13 13:55:10

lolli that sounds so scary.

X hardly slept yesterday and then did 8-8am. So I'm now thinking less naps in the day is the answer?! Still fed her 4 times in the night though so not all fixed!

Anyone else's baby sound like a gremlin whilst eating?!

No moving about yet and still wobbly sitting, but we have had some waving too!

Had her christening as well which was lovely, though I've now come down with the lurgy.

bunty hope you're all feeling better.

Oh, re the sleep thing, she won't stay on her back at all now, and sleep has got much better (despite the night feeds which I think is just me being too quick to go to her). Almost wish I'd put her on her front earlier really.

Lolli hope your DS is doing OK.

We are getting DS a toot toot drivers set for xmas. He'll probably get some extra cars in his stocking, plus other bits and pieces. I bought all the fabric to make his stocking last week so must get on with that. I also want to make him a toy elephant. Now if only he'd sleep so I have some time! Lora loving the idea of getting older toys for his birthday.

DS had his naming ceremony last weekend - it was really lovely. Was great to see lots of friends and family, too. DS was thoroughly spoiled! Must do some thank you cards.

Pascha Thu 29-Aug-13 18:33:08

Thats a good idea Lora. DS1 got a folding slide from his uncle for his first birthday in the september, specifically to use in the spring when he was 18m+. Might have to consider something similar. Hmmm...

Lots and lots of scrambling all over the place today, I feel the room divider coming back out sooner rather than later. He has just freaked at the mower starting up. Sound really bothers him, if DS1 is loud he bursts into tears.

Couple of really strain-ey poos the last day or so, might start the ol' prune juice to loosen it up.

Oh my life if just full of excitement...

Cejay8 Thu 29-Aug-13 18:42:24

Gosh, DS has pretty much got everything so I've no idea what we'll buy DD - not a lot I suspect as we've learnt from experience! DS got bought so much, but he was into anything with wheels so I might buy some pink stuff for DD as she already plays differently to how DS did at her age....

DD is finally back to her old smiley, nap resistant self. She decided she didn't need a morning nap today and managed to stay awake till 12! Got them both in bed now at least wine

Lora1982 Thu 29-Aug-13 22:17:09

What a shitty day. Apparently its a wonder week month but this doesnt make it less shitty. Also accidentally hit his head on the car door... knew it hurt cos he did that silent 'did that really happen' sad face babies do before they bawl. Im exhausted and in pain and could not face the endless rocking him sleep so I just left him in his cot. (Tomorrow is a new day! !!!!!)

lollipoppi Fri 30-Aug-13 07:40:25

Oh lora hope you have a better day today, did you manage to get your appt brought forward?

DS1 is on the mend now and DD cold seems to be clearing up smile

Haven't posted for a while, now that dd wants to play all the time instead of bfing for hours on end I'm not getting enough time! I just about catch up with other people's posts then she wants my attention.

No crawling here yet, dd seems to have the right idea but she is really chubby with short limbs like her mum so she can't quite manage it.

She loves her food, blw is working really well for us. My tiny little 0.4 centile baby is know fast approaching the 50th centile shock

Sleep is OK nownas she only wakes once or twice in the night. However she will still needs either rocking or bfing to sleep. She starts the night in her pram, which she is too big for, then when she cries in the night she comes in with us. I need to get her in her cot soon, at least for the first part of the night; any tips gratefully received.

Oh god! Just got back from picking ds1 up from friends with dd1 to find dp had gone to local shop with ds2. Ok but pram still here...and baby Ivy fast asleep in travel cot!! He forgot the baby angry Even when he got back i asked him if he was out of his mind and he was shock as he had completly forgotten she was there and wondered why i was yelling at him.

Never leaving baby again!

glorious Fri 30-Aug-13 18:55:25

Oh my goodness apples ! shock You must be so cross! At least she was happily asleep and I bet your DP won't do it again. If nothing else perhaps one of the others will remind him grin

Just home from The Netherlands, very stressful flight but we survived.

lollipoppi Fri 30-Aug-13 20:03:55

Hello bugsy!
Up until tonight we have rocked to sleep too, started gradually by just lying next to her on the bed, then a little further away, then into the cot just shushing and for the first time EVER tonight she has gone to sleep on her own grin

Apple shockshock MEN ! I bet he feels awful doesn't he, silly fool smile

Lora1982 Fri 30-Aug-13 20:56:07

Apple shock im sure he feels crap now though, I'd of killed him!

Bugsy we rock him sleep in his pushchair laid flat then when we go bed shuv him in his cot. Ive only managed a couple of goes at putting him straight in there, and it only seems to work if I do it at about ten when im knackered and cant entertain him being awake anymore

On a brighter note the lauras night off baby duties thing seems like its becoming a much welcomed weekly thing, thank god, I was losing my mind. So ive sat with my wine and shouted instructions. So he can actually learn how to look after him and such, if I left him to it there would be a dehydrated hungry baby but at least he'd have a new nappy every half hour....

Dp did get a little defensive when i yelled at him but i think it was because he felt bad when he realised and didn't need me pointing out that anything could have happened. I feel sick when i think about her all alone sad

lora nights off from baby duty sounds fab!

bugsy i bf Ivy at bedtime but she goes in cot awake and is generally just left to it. She needed me to come back and resettle her in the early days though.

Ivy is on springs these days, just bouncing all over! She is getting into crawling position. She tries to go but keeps going backwards til she gets stuck against fireguard.

glorious Sat 31-Aug-13 07:01:44

Oh apples I'm sure you do but the main thing is nothing did happen and she's fine smile thanks

bugs that's really good on the weight, she obviously likes her food! Shows BLW works doesn't it. I must get Ellen weighed though I hope she hasn't gone up another centile cos she'll be too big for the bassinet on the plane in three weeks and 12 hours without putting her down doesn't appeal...

Meringue33 Sat 31-Aug-13 07:34:22

Hiya Bugsy smile No tips here I'm afraid. LO goes easily into his cot at 7pm but wakes in the night screaming and won't go back. I'm at the end of my tether actually.

shock at Apples' DP!!!

Pascha Sat 31-Aug-13 09:36:20

shock Apple! What a dingbat!

Glorious just back from the Netherlands and a 12 hour flight in 3 weeks? I'm envy of you.

Cejay glad your DD is happy again. Its awful when they are so miserable isn't it?

Lora weekly night off sounds brilliant. I might just instigate that one, maybe on a sunday night or something. It won't work in the week, we need all hands on deck at bedtime as it is, but weekends we eat much earlier with the boys so there is more time in the evening.

I've just stuck Dan in his Jumperoo so I can sit down and eat some bloody breakfast! He's less than impressed tbh, I think now he can commando everywhere the Jumperoo isn't as appealing as it once was. I remember, back in the dim and distant past, weekend mornings involving nothing more taxing than strong black coffee and the paper. Now I get shouted up by about 6.30 and run around like a looney all morning.

DS1 is watching stock cars on dvd with his backpack and sunglasses on pretending to use his walkietalkie grin He looks a sight! DH has taken one of the cats to the vet for jabs. Because it got missed last year though, he has to have the course from scratch again meaning 2 jabs 3 weeks apart angry won't make that mistake again.

Just checked my Topcashback account and there is about £50 in there waiting to be claimed so I'm going to go mad on Amazon with it for christmas I think grin. Money for nothing. Brilliant.

Pascha Sat 31-Aug-13 09:37:18

Gosh that last post was just a brain-gush of stuff wasn't it? Sorry.

lollipoppi Sat 31-Aug-13 10:09:07

Pascha what's this topcashback? Must google, I could do with some money for nothing!

Apple I have to say .... How do you do it with 4!? Just had my nephew last night for a sleepover with ds1, IT.WAS.MENTAL!
They had fun though smile

Pascha Sat 31-Aug-13 10:20:15

You have to buy things first grin. topcashback you just get a little bit back every time you buy your normal stuff using a link from there rather than going straight to the site you want to buy from.

This thread is not accepting new messages.