Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012: the little monsters continue to surprise us.

(992 Posts)
MaMaPo Thu 25-Jul-13 21:16:48

I for one have a very surprising baby.

I just did an online reservation with homebase (it's a nightmare going there with dd) and only when I'd finalised it did it say it won't be ready until after 1pm hmm I think that's crap. How long does it take them to get a few tins of paint?!

Sorry pointless rant but now we're going to have to get it ourselves and I will lose my quidco cash back angry

ddas Sun 25-Aug-13 10:41:40

Keep falling off the thread. Didn't think it was possible but life has got even busier since going back to work. Dd is slowly settling in to nursery- very clingy there but she's like that at home so think they will soon realise that's just her! My mum has her 1 day so luckily she's only there 2 days a wk.
Supply has taken a real hit though as struggling to find time to express at work. My period even came back yesterday. Doesn't matter too much at the moment as she's always had formula top ups so just having a bit more & still happy to feed but worried that if it goes down more she'll go on nursing strike. Trying to just feed as much as possible when I am home.

Spotty morning feed is def the best.we can only feed in a quiet room now as she just wants to nose at everything. Plus a tooth has sprouted finally resulting in a few bad bites. She got really upset when told her off but last couple of days hasn't done it- fingers crossed will continue as post bite get nervous about putting her back on!

Funny how people consider bf at 8 months extended bf.
No idea when I'll stop but no intention of stopping anytime soon unless she stops wanting too.

Spotty hope you dd is better now thrush being treated.

Discovery looks really good. Not heard of it before. We're going to be that side of London all next wkend might take ds there- he'd love it.

Just the talk of a 3rd makes me scared! If ds had been such a bad sleeper as dd is we would have never been ready to have the small age gap we do.

ISpyPlumPie Sun 25-Aug-13 15:12:37

Poor, neglected second child N has finally been swimming. He was clinging on to me quite a bit at first and was a little unsure, but ended up really enjoying it. I think I'll try and take him to swim tots when DS1 is at pre-school but before I go back to work.

Also very excited as DH and I are going out alone tonight. Shockingly this will be the first time we've gone anywhere without the DC since N was born. We're only going to the cinema but it's a start!

Ispy ds hasn't been swimming yet and dp and I only went out alone for the first time a couple of weeks ago! Hope you have a lovely time smile

Ok dd still has a rash all over its actually spread a bit hmm not itchy looks like shaving rash. Should I stop the cream?

WLmum Sun 25-Aug-13 19:54:05

Evening all! Back from a fun weekend of camping despite mega rain and wind. T was rather better during the nights than last time, just one wake the first night and two the second. Took her in with me for a while then managed to put her back. Poor thing has been glad to be home and have a bit of freedom. Luckily the friends we went with have kids same age as dd1&2 but who adore Tabs.

spotty poor dd. I'd take her back to the dr as it sounds like some sort of reaction to the cream.

ispy T only went swimming for the first time about 3 weeks ago on hols because in our local pool DH and I aren't allowed all 3 and I haven't managed a toddler splash yet.
Not sure that DH and I have been out together since T was born!

WLmum Sun 25-Aug-13 20:02:31

T is increasingly becoming a mummy's girl. Tonight DH had her downstairs while I put the bugs to bed and she moaned the whole time but big smiles and playtime when he bought her in to me. When I try to hand her over she clings to me!

I'm getting the odd comment about how long am I planning to bf. so sad that 8 months is considered a long time. I still offer the boob several times a day, sometimes she'll have a good drink, other times not. Planning to just go with the flow.

WL glad you had a good time camping smile I can't get dd to the doctors until wednesday do you think I should stop the cream?

ddas Sun 25-Aug-13 20:38:06

Could always see the out of hours gp- you have to go through 111 though.

Hmm should get to speak to a nurse at least through 111 shouldn't I? Might do that!

Have fun Ispy. Which swimtots will you be going to? We've been going to Ashton on a Wednesday.

We've had a lovely BBQ but it shows how much me n my friends gave changed! They all left by 7:30, we used to go til 3am. grin J's not quite down yet, having a bit if a shouty paddy as he's so tired. He's been a complete star today though with all the noise and the big kids (and my sister's massive dog). No bugger are though so we're on leftovers for the rest of the week.

Tomorrow we're off to watch the rigby challenge cup come back to wigan. Hope you're all having lovely bh weekends.

Ps I'm pissed so excuse me if I don't make sense shock

ddas Sun 25-Aug-13 20:53:01

Unfortunately only something like 17% of the people answering calls through 111 are medically trained in some way.

Hmm it used to be really good round here when it was nhs direct

halestone Sun 25-Aug-13 21:08:46

Spotty i hope DD's rash clears up.

WL glad you had a lovely weekend. I read somewhere on mumsnet that between 8-10 months a baby becomes clingy to their parents and needs lots of hugs. It said because of this, that between 8-10 months is the worst time to sleep train. I'm not sure how true it is but H has become more clingy recently mostly with DP and my dad though.

Ispy hope you have a lovely night out.

Willyou hope you had a nice BBQ and i'm glad it was nice weather. Have a nice time tomorrow at the cup parade.

Ddas, i hope your enjoying work.

Lazza sorry you had the bf comment but i don't think i would ever comment about how long someone bfs for. I think its the type of thing only you can decide when to stop. Although like you if it was someone close to me making the comments i think i would just say nothing. But then again i just ignore the majority of comments about my parenting style and decisions.grin

WillYou send some of your left overs to me I love BBQ! Now drink some water and off to bed with you wink

lazzaroo Sun 25-Aug-13 21:20:17

We've had lovely day! But I'm shattered now! Waiting fr dd1 to go to sleep so I can go to bed. We let her stay up till after last guests left at 8.30pm. Will regret it in the morning unless she has a lie in....which I doubt!

halestone Sun 25-Aug-13 21:55:08

new thread here Thought i'd start a new thread whilst i'm actually on the laptop for a change.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now