Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012: the little monsters continue to surprise us.

(992 Posts)
MaMaPo Thu 25-Jul-13 21:16:48

I for one have a very surprising baby.

My mums cat just walked over ds's back grin

Ha I've read that a few times Emily grin

I think I just reached the end of my tether last night. DS went to bed at 11:35 after two solid hours of sobbing and was back up for the day at 5:45. I was also fed up of it being my job to think of everything house/baby related. It obviously got through as DP pegged out the washing before DS and I got up from our nap this morning.

DS just ate a whole bowl of risotto, completely normal not mashed of anything (I know it's not exactly as hard to eat as a steak but it did have bacon and peas in it!).

Barbeasty Sat 27-Jul-13 18:36:34

That's good Spotty.

We've got 2 nieces arriving any second, for a sleepover with DD. She's been desperate for one, and I thought it would give MIL a break (they've been staying with her all week).

DD is bouncing off the walls (literally), and looking forward to their "good night beast". I love that mistake so much I don't want to correct her to say midnight feast!

I suspect it won't be Anthony keeping us awake tonight....

IsThatTrue Sat 27-Jul-13 18:57:19

Well done DS spotty

Well last night was one of our best recently. He woke at 11 and 4, then 7.30 morning wake up. I was out pretty much all morning 7-8 for a run 9-11 nail appointment, then went to pick up a jumperoo for DS. So DH had DS. He did great, got him down for his morning nap and he slept for 90 mins! smile unfortunately all this has made my boobs malfunction (even though DH only have him 4oz of formula at nap time I was there for all other feeds) and I've leaked through double breast pads and 3 different tops! I hope they calm down a bit. I hate having to change all the time. My washing pile is big enough!

Wow you're brave Barbeasty!

Having a nightmare trying to find curtains for what will be dd and ds's room. Made to measure are quoting me £230....

IsThat I hate it when that happens!

WLmum Sat 27-Jul-13 20:58:58

A good day out in London, bit of a do on clapham common before heading back to my bri's flat to escape the rain. All 3 girls were super well behaved and loved the train and tube - I had T in the sling for the tube and DH carried the stroller. She hardly slept and I'm just feeding her to bed now, she must be so exhausted. Was a bit worried about my mum holding hands to cross roads etc as she was quite pissed at one point!

spotty amazing eating!
willyou I've been having the same moan for 6+ years - post moan he gets a bit better but quickly back to status quo.
beasty you are brave!

2blessed Sat 27-Jul-13 21:38:01

Hope the sleepover is going well beasty

Sounds like you had a good time WL

Great news about the flat utopian

Well my DS is not only crawling he's also pulling himself up to standing since yesterday. We're currently in his room with Ewan on and lights off whilst he plays/stands in his cot. He's fighting his sleep and I'm knackered...

2blessed Sat 27-Jul-13 21:41:11

Think he's gone, fx. <off to get a bowl of ice cream and read MN classics>

FriendofDorothy Sat 27-Jul-13 22:41:28

Ahhh my eyes have been crossing looking at buggies online. Finally we have made a decision and ordered one tho!

halestone Sat 27-Jul-13 23:06:33

Beasty hope your all enjoying your sleepover grin

WL hope your all enjoying your holiday and the weather improves

2blessed what a clever little boy grin

Spotty F is really coming on with his weaning grin

FoD what Pram did you get? Hope you like it.

We are having trouble with sleeping here. H is refusing to nap of a day we manage to get a 30 minute nap in but really have to try everything to get it. Followed by a really grumpy H come bed time and again trying everything to get her to sleep and then she is constantly waking and moving around in her cot. There has been lots of tears both hers and mine. And to top it off my dads health is slowly going downhill again and i can see him struggling but refusing to tell me as he doesn't want to upset me.

IsThatTrue Sun 28-Jul-13 04:42:28

Oh hales that's tough. I sorted ds's naps by sticking religiously to only letting him have 2 hrs awake. So he wakes at 7.15, he's back down for a nap at 9.15. Miraculously he's gone from 30 min naps to 1 1/2- 2hrs! I used to let him get tired but it just wasn't working. I'm sorry to hear about your dad too. Have you tried talking to him about it?

Well so far tonight has been the bestest!! He went down at 7.30 and woke at 4.20!! Almost 9 hrs! I feel pretty amazing tbh. It's the most sleep I've had in 1 go in about 14months!

FriendofDorothy Sun 28-Jul-13 07:31:38

We bought one of these. I hope that it will be as good as the reviews say.

Barbeasty Sun 28-Jul-13 07:56:49

After DD was given a 15 minute warning of be quiet or you'll have to sleep with Daddy, they were all asleep by 10. DD was awake and shouting by 5.30!

Today could be a long day.

A on the other hand, woke at 11 something and 5 ish. A really good night.

Hales, maybe try just putting her in her cot in a dark room every couple of hours. No pressure to sleep, but a bit of down/quiet time. And take the pressure off yourself too.

WL glad you had a good day I can't wait to take dd to London.

2blessed wow he will be walking by ten months!

Hales we do the same as IsThat down after two hours, sometimes it might be less, especially recently as he's moving a lot more etc, but never more if I want him to go down nicely.

FoD they're meant to be really good I hope it comes quickly!

Barbeasty glad the girls didn't keep you up all night but I bet dd will be tired this afternoon! Does she still nap?

We were up before 5:30 too ds woke but I settled him, then dd came in and we got her back to bed but ds heard her so wanted to get up then dd heard ds and got up hmm its actually quite funny now looking back but it wasn't at the time! Anyway it's only 8 and we've done a load of washing, cleaned the kitchen, had bacon sandwiches, ds is napping and dd and I have both had a bath smile

WLmum Sun 28-Jul-13 08:57:59

Sorry to hear that hales. Talk to your dad - if you can see what's going on you are upset anyway sad

Barbeasty Sun 28-Jul-13 09:17:47

Hahaha Spotty No! She's well and truely dropped naps unless she's ill, or sometimes at nursery.

But, and I hope this doesn't curse it, she is pretty good at asking to go to bed in the evening when she's tired.

We've already had tears that the cousins can't stay forever!

It's a sad time when they drop their nap!

We've just lowered ds's cot and it's made me sad that he's growing up and I can't reach down and kiss his squidgy cheek once he's put his thumb in <sob>

WLmum Sun 28-Jul-13 13:54:04

I hear the growing up - T looked so grown up in the stroller yesterday.
She's babbling loads now though which makes me smile no end. Rather funnily the other night I said to dd1 that I was going to put T to bed and she made a sound like 'oh no'! She also did a massive burp on my boob - cue much laughter from dd1

Oh I love babbling! Ds hasn't really started babbling yet, we've had the odd 'da, ba and even ma' but that's it. He keeps moving towards the sofa and looking as though he wants to pull himself up but has no idea how. Love the burp on the boob!

MaMaPo Sun 28-Jul-13 20:52:33

Quick hello to all - haven't had time to read as just got home from weekend away. Just started bedtime at 8pm - 2 hours later than normal - and surprisingly C wasn't a banshee. In fact. she fed for about 25 minutes then started shaking her head back and forth and refusing to feed (often she'll feed for 40-50 minutes). Finally I gave up and put her to bed, and she immediately rubbed her face back and forth on her comforter - so perhaps this is her new way of saying 'stop feeding me, I'm tired!'

Lots of squalling due to teeth today. In addition to the top two looking bulbous, she has white batches next to both her bottom teeth. Could be a long night.

Will be back with less mememe and more to say about youyouyou!

Ds's got a temp of 38 sad

Hello all, am reading but not up to full posting. Had a lovely day at the seaside followed by a stomach bug not a vomity one for both DS and I. After his 6th nappy change he's understandably less than keen to go back to sleep sad Hope everyone's fast asleep.

38.5 even

utopian99 Mon 29-Jul-13 02:22:14

After a week or so getting used to ds sleeping in 4 hour stints, tonight he's been awake every 2.5 hours. We are trying Andrea grace gentle sleep solutions and it's making me think we need more of a bedtime to routine to break his habit of feeding to sleep.

Can I ask who here still feeds to sleep and if we're the only ones not doing bath/ book before bed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now