Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

December 2012: the little monsters continue to surprise us.

(992 Posts)
MaMaPo Thu 25-Jul-13 21:16:48

I for one have a very surprising baby.

Just found ds drinking squash out of dd's straw cup which was on the floor shockblushgrin

PurplePidjin Fri 26-Jul-13 19:01:25

We have crawling and pulling up...

Yay pidj! No pulling up for us but ds manages to get everywhere in his own funny crawl he's eight months today!

IsThatTrue Fri 26-Jul-13 19:33:37

Yay pidj we have pulling up onto knees, he then sticks one foot out to the side, but has a puzzled 'what the hell do I do next?!' Look on his face. He can go up and down steps though, despite only commando crawling. I think he may well bypass real crawling. hmm

8months spotty crikey I've only just got used to saying 7, but DS will be 8 on the 8th!

FriendofDorothy Fri 26-Jul-13 21:27:59

Buggering bollocks. My buggy is dead beyond repair. It was a Phil & Ted's Vibe and I loved it.

What do I get now then?

Do you want a full travel system or moving onto a buggy FoD? If the latter I've heard good things about the Graco Evo Mini or everyone on mn seems to love the baby jogger city mini. I'm trying to decide whether to buy one (or another full pram) at the minute as my 2nd hand Quinny buzz is on it's last legs.

WLmum Fri 26-Jul-13 21:47:36

Good luck stacks, hope the no cry works for you. I read it with dd2 and it made a lot of sense but I was too impatient! Really feel for you.
mama T is a beast too - particularly likes to pull hair at the temples where it really hurts! She has actually pulled handfuls out from poor dd1 and dd2 - bless them they didn't get cross with her or push her. If I leave both boobs uncovered when I'm feeding her she grabs the 'spare' nip and digs her nails in or pulls it about.
utopian fx for flat. Agree that taking couple out would be nicer than giving them cash. You could send them flowers, chocs and champagne the day they get back from honeymoon to cushion the blow!

I took the girls out to rhs wisley gardens today - dd1 insisted on going dressed up as 118! It was hilarious, mustache and all!

grin dd1 WL. that's splendid

utopian - I'd second the champers and chocs to return to, lovely idea, and really nice of you to want to do something extra.

we have pulling up here too, I'm beginning to feel like a climbing frame.

Argh I think I'm pissing off a really kind mnetter who offered free nappies. I said yes if I could send in a courier she kindly said yes and weighed then etc. I thought Hermes would take in shipping label but no, so I've had to ask her to print labels only she doesn't have a printer so now I'm trying to see if I can post the labels and change collection date blush if she doesn't tell me to bugger off because I'm being a pita I will have to send flowers

DS is still up, still full if beans and having a good old chat to me as I'm willing him to sleep

Haha at 118 WL

Hopefully you'll get it sorted and she'll be understanding Spotty.

I'm about to rant. I am irrationally annoyed. DP has swapped me as DS still hasn't come down. I've found that in 2 days he has drunk 7 pints of milk. WTF? That's just pure gluttony. Now I'll be expected to go out and get more. Fuck that! Told you it was irrational but he's already in my bad books as during the first attempt at bedtime he watched telly instead of washing up, pegging out or making bottles. He went to great pains to tell me that he had tidied the living room though. There were 4 soft toys to put away, so unless he took 15 mins per toy he was knobbing about. angry

WLmum Fri 26-Jul-13 22:56:33

That's a lot of milk! Make him get more, and chocolate for you!

Well if you consider he's been at work for 25 hours over the last 2 days it probably averages a pint an hour that he's been here and conscious. It's really annoyed me for some reason!

Okay I've calmed down asked him, he took 3 pints to work. I still shan't be buying the next lot but he hasn't gone mental and started drinking gallons of milk.

FriendofDorothy Sat 27-Jul-13 00:29:21

Bugger. Baby was asleep post feed. Then I smelt the vile nappy. Now he is wide awake!

WL your dd is hilarious!

WillYou I get irrationally annoyed with dp too, he finds it endearing I'm sure wink that's more milk than we go through in a week!

Dd woke ds up at 5:15 because she ran in saying she needed a wee, can't moan at her about that!

utopian99 Sat 27-Jul-13 06:35:44

WL I love the 118 outfit! Irrationality looking forward to making fancy dress stuff for dcs (once my sewing machine comes out of storage...)

Friends live at the other end of the country so supper out might not happen for six months if I'm there in person but like the idea so although have put the money in a card have written to explain it is for an 'anti-hen', I.e. lovely night on the tiles for them when they get back ffrom honeymoon, and apologising for it being cash. Hope she'll be happy about it - I like giving people stuff but don't want to ccause awkwardness.

Oh yes, and our offer's been accepted! I won't believe it till we exchange though, the way London is...

Oh fingers crossed utopian smile

WLmum Sat 27-Jul-13 07:31:47

Well thank the stars for cooler weather! Black out blind is back up, T slept 8-5, quick feed and back to sleep til 6.45 (similar last night I think!). We're going up to London this aft for a massive picnic in the park for my brothers 40th - been super sunny for weeks but today rain is forecast!

Great news on the flat utopian

Will put the 118 pics on fb.

WLmum Sat 27-Jul-13 07:32:46

spotty the day dd1 was big enough to take herself to the loo in the night was such a joy to me!

Oh no WL there's a lot of heavy rain forecast have you got a wet weather plan?!

She's such a tiddler even with her stall she can't get up there!

WLmum Sat 27-Jul-13 09:13:41

Man alive a baby bowl of porrige goes a long way when its dropped! caught it on the microwave door and sent it flying!

Bless her! Get her to go on the potty? That's what my friend does as her dd is 4 but is really diddly.

Plan is to all squash into his flat if necessary.

T is very tired but everytime I put her down she just screams. Have resorted to boob before bed.

emilyeggs Sat 27-Jul-13 11:34:06

Hola ladies, thanks for the shiny new thread. I've been amusing myself over in MN classics.....crying with laughter at the " your minge" thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now