Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2013 - Trying to keep our (babies) cool in the summer!

(815 Posts)
Trishstar Mon 08-Jul-13 11:36:21

Thought I'd start a new thread as AmberLav noticed we were appoaching 1000!

FaceBook

Stats Thread

Previous Thread

ARandomFridayIn2012 Tue 16-Dec-14 20:42:14

Hey everyone it's cannot on a name change here.

Mama so great to hear from you and to hear how Alex is doing! We did all remember his birthday on the 12th on the Facebook group! I'm not sure if you ever log on but would be lovely to see a picture at some point.

How is everyone else?

birdbrain21 Sun 07-Dec-14 18:40:10

Mama amazing to hear from you!!! I think of you often and have mentioned you many times to other people as your story is so inspirational smile Fantastic to hear how well he's doing, sounds just like a normal toddler or at least like my DD if everything she does is normal toddler behavior lol. Her latest (that she's doing right now) is insisting I wear her plastic stacking beakers on my head as a hat, it's doing wonders for my posture grin.
We don't celebrate Christmas, not part of our religion, but I hope you can put the trauma of 2012 (have I got my years right?!) behind you and make wonderful new memories with your precious boys!!
Keep popping back to say hi. When I was pg I was on here the whole time but having an active toddler at home all day has def changed that but I do always check to see if anyone is around...

Mama1980 Thu 04-Dec-14 22:49:28

Hi everyone, if anyone's still reading. I hope everyone is well?
This thread fell off my list months ago.
Can you believe Alex s birthday is just over a week! smile
I plucked up courage for the first time to read back our antenatal threads just now. A good cry later and hugging my babies tight, it feels like a different life, yet hearing the fear in Sams updates for you all.....my poor family. I'm not really sure I'm ever gonna enjoy christmas, that whole christmas period is obviously just a blank, there are pictures of me in Icu but for me there's nothing. I missed my poor baby s first weeks of life. Of course he doesn't care, but I do. I'm going to town with the tinsel, the lights, the presents.....I just want to overwrite them and make them better for everyone. My mum still struggles sometimes, she grabs me as if to check I'm real.
Well after my ridiculously self indulgent rant there I just want to say thanks again for all the support during that worst time, it really meant a lot.
And to update you in Alex well he's walking, talking and other than being tiny perfectly healthy, he is always hungry, always impatient desperate to do everything and know everything. He also has a vicious little temper and hero worships his brother. He loves water and his latest thing is furiously trying to 'swim' he practices even out of the water lol!
I really hope everyone is ok and all doing well. X

birdbrain21 Wed 26-Nov-14 11:04:18

Oops dropped off my threads list. anyone else still around?!

Cannotbelieveit Thu 06-Nov-14 16:00:16

Hey ladies! We have the tantrums etc here as well as some back teeth coming in shock

R is 6 months now and we started blw on Monday, I want to press pause for a bit. He's not my tiny baby anymore!

birdbrain21 Tue 04-Nov-14 16:47:54

Hi, I was just checking if it was still on my threads lol. Nice to hear from you! H is turning into a proper toddler now, we've had tantrums, running away in shops and more smile but she's learning how to not get told off by making us laugh!
How are you?

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Mon 03-Nov-14 07:31:23

Hello!
This fell off my threads how is everyone?

birdbrain21 Sun 19-Oct-14 22:09:41

Hi, we've just been to my in-laws for a week and a half and think H got jealous of her cousins as she's now learnt to walk properly and is toddling around everywhere very proud of herself!
You're lucky back teeth don't bother him I always know she's teething before I can see the tooth and her back teeth are a nightmare, she sleeps at night but is a nightmare during the day

Cannotbelieveit Sat 11-Oct-14 06:04:32

Hi bird! Sorry keeps dropping off my threads I'm on. How are you?

H is such a confident walker now and inside the house will walk much more than crawling grin also got some back teeth coming through and it's not even bothered him, still sleeping his usual 12 hours at night

R is 5 months now and bf still going so so well. Can't believe will be introducing him to food next month, time is going too quickly

birdbrain21 Thu 02-Oct-14 20:41:36

Where is everyone?!

birdbrain21 Mon 22-Sep-14 11:58:59

I tried DD with cows milk in a cup and bottle and she refused to take either, she has it in cereal no problem though. She also started refusing breastfeeds when she was about 13 months. I spoke to the hv about it who said as long as she is drinking water and getting other sources of calcium that's fine.

We've both woken up today with colds but I think I caught if from her as she's been coughing for a couple of days. Not good timing I have a lot on this week sad

Cannotbelieveit Sun 21-Sep-14 11:08:52

Maybe controversial but H was fine drinking cows milk since 12 months and got fussy with it last month so we add a tiny bit of nesquik now and he drinks it all again.

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Sun 21-Sep-14 06:55:44

Are you trying cows in a bottle or cup?

ByeByeButterfly Sun 21-Sep-14 00:52:12

We have a step going on our own too but I'm paranoid she's going to fall so hold her pretty tight.

Just a question if any on here have had problems with getting LOs to drink cows milk?

I've tried H from 10 months onwards about once a month and she just sips it and grimaces! Any ideas?

She has plenty of cheese and yoghurt so I'm not worried about her calcium but would like to take her off the formula and especially the bottles.

Any ideas?

birdbrain21 Sat 20-Sep-14 23:26:09

Aww that's sweet. Dd is still only walking holding my hand but went out today it was just down the road so didn't take the buggy and she walked there and back so nicely smile I love the concentration on her face as she puts each foot down!

Cannotbelieveit Sat 20-Sep-14 13:16:02

He's not too keen on walking outside tho!

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Sat 20-Sep-14 13:02:52

Awww that's lovely!

Cannotbelieveit Sat 20-Sep-14 12:59:19

Hi 3 pigs this fell off my active threads!

He walks from one side of the living room to the other! He looks so proud of himself

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Sun 14-Sep-14 11:31:51

How's the walking going cannot?

birdbrain21 Fri 12-Sep-14 11:29:06

Cannot that's exciting sure he'll be walking properly soon.
Her latest thing is having a temper tantrum if you touch her toys, unless of course she's being lazy and wants you to pass them to her! Think I need to set up more playdates for her she's definitely suffering from only child syndrome

Cannotbelieveit Wed 10-Sep-14 10:48:39

We had 1 step on his own a few times yesterday! Wonder how long it'll be now?

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Wed 10-Sep-14 10:22:50

As relentless as pulling off shoes and then screaming for them to be put back on I imagine!

birdbrain21 Wed 10-Sep-14 09:34:27

If she'd mastered it I wouldn't mind the problem is she hasn't really figured out how to do it properly and then as soon as she's down she asks to come back up which is not a fun game for me!

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Wed 10-Sep-14 06:38:28

Ah we mastered getting off the sofa a while back, she now does it with speed although isn't often allowed on the sofa because she likes to stand and jump!

birdbrain21 Tue 09-Sep-14 22:41:23

She also has a new trick trying to climb down from the sofa when she's sitting on it with me which is making me very nervous. I'm trying to encourage her to sit in her little toddler chair (was her baby rocker that converts) as she can climb out of that safely...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now