Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2013 - Trying to keep our (babies) cool in the summer!

(804 Posts)
Trishstar Mon 08-Jul-13 11:36:21

Thought I'd start a new thread as AmberLav noticed we were appoaching 1000!

FaceBook

Stats Thread

Previous Thread

Cannotbelieveit Sun 21-Sep-14 11:08:52

Maybe controversial but H was fine drinking cows milk since 12 months and got fussy with it last month so we add a tiny bit of nesquik now and he drinks it all again.

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Sun 21-Sep-14 06:55:44

Are you trying cows in a bottle or cup?

ByeByeButterfly Sun 21-Sep-14 00:52:12

We have a step going on our own too but I'm paranoid she's going to fall so hold her pretty tight.

Just a question if any on here have had problems with getting LOs to drink cows milk?

I've tried H from 10 months onwards about once a month and she just sips it and grimaces! Any ideas?

She has plenty of cheese and yoghurt so I'm not worried about her calcium but would like to take her off the formula and especially the bottles.

Any ideas?

birdbrain21 Sat 20-Sep-14 23:26:09

Aww that's sweet. Dd is still only walking holding my hand but went out today it was just down the road so didn't take the buggy and she walked there and back so nicely smile I love the concentration on her face as she puts each foot down!

Cannotbelieveit Sat 20-Sep-14 13:16:02

He's not too keen on walking outside tho!

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Sat 20-Sep-14 13:02:52

Awww that's lovely!

Cannotbelieveit Sat 20-Sep-14 12:59:19

Hi 3 pigs this fell off my active threads!

He walks from one side of the living room to the other! He looks so proud of himself

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Sun 14-Sep-14 11:31:51

How's the walking going cannot?

birdbrain21 Fri 12-Sep-14 11:29:06

Cannot that's exciting sure he'll be walking properly soon.
Her latest thing is having a temper tantrum if you touch her toys, unless of course she's being lazy and wants you to pass them to her! Think I need to set up more playdates for her she's definitely suffering from only child syndrome

Cannotbelieveit Wed 10-Sep-14 10:48:39

We had 1 step on his own a few times yesterday! Wonder how long it'll be now?

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Wed 10-Sep-14 10:22:50

As relentless as pulling off shoes and then screaming for them to be put back on I imagine!

birdbrain21 Wed 10-Sep-14 09:34:27

If she'd mastered it I wouldn't mind the problem is she hasn't really figured out how to do it properly and then as soon as she's down she asks to come back up which is not a fun game for me!

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Wed 10-Sep-14 06:38:28

Ah we mastered getting off the sofa a while back, she now does it with speed although isn't often allowed on the sofa because she likes to stand and jump!

birdbrain21 Tue 09-Sep-14 22:41:23

She also has a new trick trying to climb down from the sofa when she's sitting on it with me which is making me very nervous. I'm trying to encourage her to sit in her little toddler chair (was her baby rocker that converts) as she can climb out of that safely...

birdbrain21 Tue 09-Sep-14 22:40:05

Dd is also copying everything I say or do, really have to be careful wink. She has lots of words which we haven't got a clue what she's saying but her most used ones that I can understand are bye bye, daddy (her fave!), supper, cracker, banana, teeth (when she wants to brush them), drink. That's all I can think of there might be more she's quite a chatterbox...She can also point to her head, tummy and toes when you ask her but sometimes she gets them mixed up and can't work out why we're laughing. I also taught her when I say 'beep beep' she points to her nose!

HilariousInHindsight Sun 07-Sep-14 22:06:45

We got her a little yellow one that she loves.

She also has a mini trolley that she leaves right in the middle of the kitchen.I do get sentimental about her getting bigger it just doesn't seem that long ago that I got my bFP!

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Sun 07-Sep-14 21:58:24

Aww

Dd likes to use the big kitchen sweeping brush, however this often ends in her knocking things off the work tops

I should get her her own

HilariousInHindsight Sun 07-Sep-14 21:56:50

She's tried!

But she also has her own mini dustpan and brush though she still tries to use ours too

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Sun 07-Sep-14 21:42:11

I hope she's not brushing the floors with her toothbrush!

Dd love toothbrushing and will follow anyone else who is brushing theirs with her mouth open

HilariousInHindsight Sun 07-Sep-14 21:36:47

Oh yes H says ball and makes cat and dog noises.she has repeated words that we aren't sure of the meaning yet.

She had her first go on a big trampoline at DPs parents last weekend which she really loved. She also loves brushing her teeth and brushing the floors smile

Cannotbelieveit Sun 07-Sep-14 21:36:11

No words yet tho he chats away to himself constantly and if you count he makes the noises back at you!

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Sun 07-Sep-14 21:26:26

We have lots and lots of words!

Hiya
Bye
More
Tea
Please
Yes
Bear
Ball
Apple
Pear
Shoes
Bib
All gone
No

To list a few! Teeth wise between 12 and 14 I think. Haven't had a look for a couple of weeks!

HilariousInHindsight Sun 07-Sep-14 21:22:46

Hi 3 and everyone else smile

H has 14 teeth with one or two ready to come through I think that's quite a lot?

Very confident walker now but sometimes too confident and runs and trips.

She's trying every day to say new words. Only says 3 that aren't names which is no, yes and that smile

What words does everyone else have?

3pigsinblanketsandasausagerole Sun 07-Sep-14 18:46:27

How is everyone doing?

birdbrain21 Sun 31-Aug-14 09:38:48

Dd doesn't let me look either, but when she's lying on her back for me to change her nappy if I tickle her she opens her mouth really wide when she's giggling and I look then wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now