Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2013 - Trying to keep our (babies) cool in the summer!

(834 Posts)
Trishstar Mon 08-Jul-13 11:36:21

Thought I'd start a new thread as AmberLav noticed we were appoaching 1000!

FaceBook

Stats Thread

Previous Thread

birdbrain21 Wed 15-Jul-15 20:13:53

Are we sadly assuming this thread has died? No one ever seems to be around on it anymoresad I'm on an exciting new journey pg with number 2 at the moment but if anyone is still around it's nice to talk toddlers as well as pg sometimes!

afreshstartplease Sat 30-May-15 08:24:55

Dd is sometimes using toilet and sometimes using potty

Some days lots of success some days none

She's happy doing it atm and no pressure

birdbrain21 Wed 27-May-15 10:48:26

Dd started asking to go to the toilet like a big girl but after a couple of days started refusing to go and I have to many other things on at the moment so leaving it for now....

afreshstartplease Sun 24-May-15 09:55:34

Hello ladies

We are well, attempting potty training atm

Dd goes to nursery and really enjoys it

I am feeling broody again sad as a now single parent this is sad, although xp didn't want any more anyway

birdbrain21 Wed 20-May-15 23:39:05

Hello just rejoining my thread list! What's news with everyone? I've started sending dd to playgroup and so far she seems to be enjoying it. We're going away for a week though so hope she's still happy to go when we get back.

ARandomFridayIn2012 Wed 13-May-15 09:49:19

Yep still here but it does drop off threads I'm on x

afreshstartplease Sun 03-May-15 16:40:43

Hello!

birdbrain21 Wed 15-Apr-15 23:18:50

This keeps on dropping off my thread list...Is it still on anyone elses? <wave> Hello anyone around?!

birdbrain21 Tue 17-Mar-15 23:45:27

She still naps during the day for 1-2 hours, I've tried shortening her nap and skipping it all together but then she's just terribly grumpy all day hmm I suppose this is just a stage we have to go through! Hoping to send her to playgroup soon so maybe that will help her routine

ARandomFridayIn2012 Mon 16-Mar-15 13:36:51

Is she still napping in the day? H was but was taking longer to go to sleep so we trialled no naps and he was straight to sleep in the evenings at 7.

birdbrain21 Thu 12-Mar-15 21:48:57

Well I waited until my period was three days late and then bought a test but when I got home I was bleeding, started light but then went heavy like normal (sorry if tmi) I'm still having a few strange symptoms but I'm putting it down to stress and suppose it was just another false alarm!

DD is going through a really difficult stage at the moment she's still ready to go to bed between 7 and 8 every night but refuses to go to sleep, either I end up sitting in the doorway for a couple of hours till she goes to sleep or she cries all evening and ends up in our bed. Anyone had anything like this we're both going crazy with the interrupted and constant crying in the evenings, really causing a lot of friction between me and DH which is one of the reasons I was scared to tell him I thought I was pg, it's been happening every night for nearly a month!!

ARandomFridayIn2012 Tue 03-Mar-15 21:10:16

Oh bird! Did you test yet?

birdbrain21 Sun 22-Feb-15 09:59:35

Hi ladies sorry I've not been around, I'm so busy I never get time for mumsnet anymore. Can't believe we're on a count down to second birthdays now.
afreshstart hope your managing with the kids on your own and you have support! Haven't you heard of sperm donors lol.
We decided we would wait till dd was 2 before ttc but I haven't told DH yet I think I took my pill a bit too late one day and might be pg already, I'm not sure!! I've had so many false alarms I don't want to say anything but this is the first time I've messed my pills up and normally I feel sick so think I'm pg this time about a week ago I had a flu virus for a couple of days and now my boobs are killing which is exactly what happened last time except then I just thought I was ill still and was only when I was a week late for my period I found out I'd been ill because of implantation which happens to some women. Sorry for the ramble I'm due my period tomorrow so will test then if it doesn't come just can't say anything to DH yet and going mad wondering if I am or not!!!!

afreshstartplease Sat 14-Feb-15 06:51:27

Hope the appointment went well

Things are not too bad except the yearning I've developed for another baby which with no partner isn't gonna happen is it!

ARandomFridayIn2012 Mon 02-Feb-15 10:34:18

Sorry to hear that. Hope things are as good as they can be for you all.

Another hospital appt for R next week, hopefully his problem will have resolved on its own and the poor boy can come off the ab's he's been on since birth and he won't need surgery.

afreshstartplease Sun 01-Feb-15 11:03:10

What's new hmmm

Messy breakup from the 3dcs dad before Christmas

That's about it

Dd has been self feeding with cutlery for a good while now as she goes to nursery where they do it from 12ish months

ARandomFridayIn2012 Sun 01-Feb-15 10:35:11

Hello! What's new? H is feeding himself all his food now and getting quite good with cutlery! R got his first tooth a few weeks ago too

afreshstartplease Sat 31-Jan-15 22:31:18

I'm here! (3pigs)

ARandomFridayIn2012 Fri 16-Jan-15 13:19:29

Anyone still here?

ARandomFridayIn2012 Tue 16-Dec-14 20:42:14

Hey everyone it's cannot on a name change here.

Mama so great to hear from you and to hear how Alex is doing! We did all remember his birthday on the 12th on the Facebook group! I'm not sure if you ever log on but would be lovely to see a picture at some point.

How is everyone else?

birdbrain21 Sun 07-Dec-14 18:40:10

Mama amazing to hear from you!!! I think of you often and have mentioned you many times to other people as your story is so inspirational smile Fantastic to hear how well he's doing, sounds just like a normal toddler or at least like my DD if everything she does is normal toddler behavior lol. Her latest (that she's doing right now) is insisting I wear her plastic stacking beakers on my head as a hat, it's doing wonders for my posture grin.
We don't celebrate Christmas, not part of our religion, but I hope you can put the trauma of 2012 (have I got my years right?!) behind you and make wonderful new memories with your precious boys!!
Keep popping back to say hi. When I was pg I was on here the whole time but having an active toddler at home all day has def changed that but I do always check to see if anyone is around...

Mama1980 Thu 04-Dec-14 22:49:28

Hi everyone, if anyone's still reading. I hope everyone is well?
This thread fell off my list months ago.
Can you believe Alex s birthday is just over a week! smile
I plucked up courage for the first time to read back our antenatal threads just now. A good cry later and hugging my babies tight, it feels like a different life, yet hearing the fear in Sams updates for you all.....my poor family. I'm not really sure I'm ever gonna enjoy christmas, that whole christmas period is obviously just a blank, there are pictures of me in Icu but for me there's nothing. I missed my poor baby s first weeks of life. Of course he doesn't care, but I do. I'm going to town with the tinsel, the lights, the presents.....I just want to overwrite them and make them better for everyone. My mum still struggles sometimes, she grabs me as if to check I'm real.
Well after my ridiculously self indulgent rant there I just want to say thanks again for all the support during that worst time, it really meant a lot.
And to update you in Alex well he's walking, talking and other than being tiny perfectly healthy, he is always hungry, always impatient desperate to do everything and know everything. He also has a vicious little temper and hero worships his brother. He loves water and his latest thing is furiously trying to 'swim' he practices even out of the water lol!
I really hope everyone is ok and all doing well. X

birdbrain21 Wed 26-Nov-14 11:04:18

Oops dropped off my threads list. anyone else still around?!

Cannotbelieveit Thu 06-Nov-14 16:00:16

Hey ladies! We have the tantrums etc here as well as some back teeth coming in shock

R is 6 months now and we started blw on Monday, I want to press pause for a bit. He's not my tiny baby anymore!

birdbrain21 Tue 04-Nov-14 16:47:54

Hi, I was just checking if it was still on my threads lol. Nice to hear from you! H is turning into a proper toddler now, we've had tantrums, running away in shops and more smile but she's learning how to not get told off by making us laugh!
How are you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now