Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2013 - Trying to keep our (babies) cool in the summer!

(835 Posts)
Trishstar Mon 08-Jul-13 11:36:21

Thought I'd start a new thread as AmberLav noticed we were appoaching 1000!

Stats Thread

Previous Thread

Mumof3xox Sun 22-Jun-14 11:23:41

They have a big backlog here. It sound be 8-12 months

Mumof3xox Sun 22-Jun-14 11:23:51

And yes to cute shoes!

Cannotbelieveit Mon 23-Jun-14 20:10:17

Hi ladies!! Hunter is pulling up on furniture now so hopefully not long for toddling/walking! I'm itching to get him shoes too!!

Ryder is 7+2 today and coming on so well. 12lb13oz and following the 82nd centile.

Seeing my boys together now Hunter actually notices him, melts my heart!

HilariousInHindsight Mon 23-Jun-14 20:14:31

Aw that's lovely cannot.

Hollie is finally walking and although she trips on things she's actually really quite confident which is great.

Glad to hear Hunder and Ryder are doing well! smile

Mumof3xox Tue 24-Jun-14 05:11:30

You must have your hands full with two so small!

Cannotbelieveit Tue 24-Jun-14 08:30:01

I have to say Ryder has slipped into out routine easily. He sleeps anything from 4-8 hour stretches at night and naps well in the day and the breastfeeding is starting to fall into a very rough structure during the day too. And now we actually have a decent double pushchair we get out for walks as much as possible grin

birdbrain21 Tue 24-Jun-14 18:18:38

cannot that's lucky for you I have friends whos second babies were such nightmares they ruined the older ones routines as well!

DD is becoming very attention seeking now. Think we had our first proper tantrum today, when I told her 'no' about something she properly lay down on the floor and screamed instead of just shouting at me. Not good timing as I'm in the process of getting my own business off the ground which means I'm only getting busier and giving her less attention. The problem is I love her so much I just give in to every sad face she pulls so she's becoming quite a spoilt little madam hmm even dH said the other day maybe we should have another baby to stop her being so spoilt shock coming from the man who said one is enough for the next few years!

Mumof3xox Tue 24-Jun-14 19:47:06

We have been having tantrums for a while

Tooth 8 is appearing and it's a back one! Looks painful!

birdbrain21 Thu 26-Jun-14 17:52:02

Going out tonight with family so leaving dd with a non-family member babysitting for the first time. I've met the babysitter before and shes lovely. Going to put dd to bed before she comes and she never normally wakes up but feeling a bit nervous...sad

Mumof3xox Sun 29-Jun-14 19:33:24

How did it go bird?

All of our babysitters are in the family I don't really have friends close enough to trust!

birdbrain21 Tue 01-Jul-14 18:29:57

It was fine like I knew it would be deep down I was just a bit nervous...
I didn't really know the girl who babysat it's my friends sister but I know the familt is lovely so decided to go for it and would ask her again if I need to.

How is everyone? It's so quiet on here now I forget to check if anyones posted!

Mumof3xox Fri 04-Jul-14 07:06:55

We are good, how are you

After mastering walking, dd has moved on to climbing! Argh! Older dc were not this mischevious!

birdbrain21 Fri 04-Jul-14 15:09:24

Dd has figured out climbing without learning to walk first smile.
Think we finally have tooth number three coming through. It's a top one but doesn't look like it's one of the middle ones. Does that make sense? Could just be because she doesn't have any teeth up there yet it's hard to see where they will all be.

Mumof3xox Fri 04-Jul-14 17:12:01

Tooth 8 is still no where near through and it is making dd very very grumpy!

Has anyone given christmas presents a thought yet? I start my shopping in august lol

birdbrain21 Fri 04-Jul-14 19:28:27

Sympathy on the grumpy teething front!

We're Jewish so no christmas presents here wink but enjoy shopping. It's quite a nice age to get presents for because now they're old enough to appreciate something new and exciting...

Mumof3xox Sun 06-Jul-14 06:08:51

Ah I see!

With three dc my Christmas shop is some kind of crazy mission these days. Buying presents and hiding them at other peoples houses because there is no room at home!

Dd like mega blocks ATM but I think I will get her some of those before Christmas as it's a long time to wait. She also really likes things with wheels - cars etc

birdbrain21 Tue 08-Jul-14 23:29:15

My MIL recently bought dd a couple of wooden toys. One is 5 sticks with wooden rings that slot on, she loves taking the rings on and off. the other is a zig zag ramp that has little cars you put at the top and they slide down. Don't know if you can picture what I mean for either of them but she really enjoys them, normally she's bored of new toys after this amount of time!

I'm not planning on abandoning mn or this thread but I started a facebook account today. I really didn't want one and still don't but just started my own business and thought I could use facebook for a bit of promotion...maybe I can persuade some of the ladies to come post on here a bit more wink

birdbrain21 Wed 09-Jul-14 14:38:05

change of plan mum they don't want to make the facebook group any bigger so I guess it's still just you and me sticking around here wink

birdbrain21 Wed 09-Jul-14 14:38:06

change of plan mum they don't want to make the facebook group any bigger so I guess it's still just you and me sticking around here wink

Mumof3xox Wed 09-Jul-14 20:42:30

You mean they didn't want you on there? How rude?!

I don't do Facebook anyway

Far to much dramarama for my liking!

And yes I know they toys you mean! My dd loves anything with wheels I think she would like the car ramp

Cannotbelieveit Wed 09-Jul-14 22:06:09

Hi ladies! Hope you're both well. Hunter now has teeth #'s 5&6 coming through and he's biting us confused

Hate telling him off but it's got to be done.

He's also standing/cruising at last grin looking forward to that first visit to clarks for shoes!!

Ryder will be 10 weeks on Saturday and us sleeping between 6-9 hour stretches at night and generally goes straight back to sleep after a feed. Bf still going well, will get him weighed on Monday and see what he's gained in the last 3 weeks

birdbrain21 Thu 10-Jul-14 09:11:58

Tooth 3 is through grin
Mum it wasn't as rude as that apparently some people on there went through some personal stuff that they shared with the group so now feel uncomfortable to have 'new' people on there, so they decided about 6 months ago to stop letting people join. It's probably good as really I set it up for business and I spend enough time on mn without having Facebook to keep up with as well wink

Cannot lovely to hear how well they're both doing

HilariousInHindsight Thu 10-Jul-14 13:19:14

Feel free to pm me if you want to add me on Facebook bird.

There was no offence meant at all - some posters have divulged really sensitive things and feel a bit vulnerable bringing someone they don't know into the mix.

Cannot two under 2 must be a handful!

Ratbagcatbag Thu 10-Jul-14 13:24:37

Cannot - you just wait, first visits awesome, it's the subsequent expense of every other sodding visit that's the issue grin

Cannotbelieveit Thu 10-Jul-14 13:31:19

Good job someone gives me staff discount at Clarks then ratbagwink I have my eye on so many shoes for him and my mum has a Clarks outlet store right near where she lives!!

I went out yesterday and bought H loads of new clothes!! Tops he has a mixture of 18-24m and 2-3y and bottom half stuff is all 2-3y!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now