Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - The Adventure Continues

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 03-Jul-13 05:10:10

Previous thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/postnatal_clubs/1787896-November-2012-Crawling-Already-Uh-oh

This thread's topic is what size of nappies are your babies in? And how are the cloth bum babies doing?

ValiumQueen Wed 03-Jul-13 15:42:21

Izzy I thought RA would give symmetrical symptoms? I do hope it is not. Any family history? It is ages since I looked after anyone with it and cannot even remember if it is hereditary.

ValiumQueen Wed 03-Jul-13 15:45:33

It is not hereditary and can start asymmetrically. It still doesn't sound right to me.

TheDetective Wed 03-Jul-13 15:45:34

Detective is a knob.

Why the fuck did I not realise I hadn't eaten?

3 quorn sausages and 2 fried eggs later, I am recovered. hmm

What a dick. Paracetomol on an empty stomach!

I'll be back on the laptop when DP stops destroying the house putting up safety gates.

That man is not built for DIY I tell you....

MadameGazelleIsMyMum Wed 03-Jul-13 15:48:06

Size 4s here, Aldi during the day, Pampers BabyDry at night when they are on offer.

chasing grin

BPLP wine and thanks for you.

BigPigLittlePig Wed 03-Jul-13 15:54:46

Izzy gout? Although a bit out of the demographic - you're not a rotund, elderly, port-quaffing gent, I suppose?

Stacks Wed 03-Jul-13 16:20:10

I've been struggling today with T, but we just had a bonding session over Oreo cookies. Did everyone know they're dairy free? T had half of one side of a cookie, the first thing he's demonstrably eaten - it was there, then nothing but crumbs smile

TheDetective Wed 03-Jul-13 16:26:58

RIGHT!

I'm back, and fighting fit hah!

VQ I don't know the answers about the blood/mucous. But at least you have something for his chest. I think GP's think reflux is a load of old shit from paranoid mothers. I don't really care any more, as long as I get what I went for. Don't let it bother you easier said than done as pretty much the vast majority of parents with refluxers are going through the exact same thing with GPs etc.

Also, regarding your MH, you know why it is the way it is right now. There is a reason - don't let the GP's use anything 'against' you regarding J. As I said before, your MH and reflux issues are intrinsicly linked. Obviously I don't know specifically what other factors are impacting on you at the moment, but I have some idea. If a GP dared suggest it is your MH making you think things, stop them dead! Tell them that the reason your MH has been harmed is because you have not had the care you needed for your baby when you needed it most! You have been let down!

I'll stop ranting now. I will. I could be on the wrong tracks here, but I could SO easily be you. The only reason I am not is because DP takes more than his fair share of nights even if I do have to wake him and that I don't have any of the other issues with illness, and my other child is 11. No little ones.

You have a DH who doesn't 'do' the nights. 3 children who are all getting more than their fair share of illness, and a baby with reflux and CPMI plus skin issues. And you are supposed to go back to work while coping with all that?!

Ok, so I didn't stop ranting blush. I will now. Promise.

Lily311 Wed 03-Jul-13 16:27:13

chasing that news made my day

We are in cloth (eBay cheapies and lollipop pockets) during the day and inaldi or lidl during the night. She is in size 4. I think aldi is a bit better than lidl though I can't fault lidl either, it might just be my preference. They are the cheapest here. Tesco value is like paper and tesco own leaked on O.

TheDetective Wed 03-Jul-13 16:31:25

Nappies - size 4 here. We tried the Asda ones. Didn't like them - they leaked in size 4. So he's currently in Pampers simply dry or whatever they are. Orange pack.

I must try some cheaper ones really. It's only the fact that those 2 are the only choice in Asda where we do the majority of our shop! Lazy really! grin

BP I've been thinking about you! You know when all this is sorted, and you find some fabulous childcare, you will look back and be able to laugh about this. And you can tell F she flunked childcare at 8 months old ;) But then tell her what a bitch the CM was and how mummy came to the rescue for her!

Also, I had a dream about you last night. You were a stick insect doctor. I don't remember the details. But I dressed like a man in drag and took the internal haemorrhaging stick insect to the hospital. confused

izzybizzybuzzybees Wed 03-Jul-13 16:33:39

Oh and we are in size 4 or 4+

I got boxes of pampers baby dry easy up pants in size 4 that were only £3 for 56! Haven't tried the, on j yet but at that price couldn't resist. I bought 5 boxes!

I'm not sure about RA but can't think what else he'd be testing for, he didn't say and I didn't ask. Was just annoyed he won't send me for a fricking X-ray, it's wonky! Ah well we shall see!

GTbaby Wed 03-Jul-13 17:17:18

Wtf comment #3 or rather action. She "pretends" to feed him a digestive biscuit. I say don't , i dont want him having biscuits, he will eat it "no don't worry he won't eat it" "mum he will and then he will want more" knowing what she is like I go to get him off her. As I walk over she breaks off a few crumbs and stuffs them in his mouth.

Arghhhh. I'm not apposed to the biscuit. I have given him ice cream and pizza it's the fact she totally ignored me saying NO. I know if I let her give a biscuit today she will take the mic and give him really sugary things. So I rather just say no to her full stop.

Arghhh

Sry haven't caught up on this / last thread. I cant get coverage on my phone at work and when I get home I have so much to do hmm Hope you are all well.

PetiteRaleuse Wed 03-Jul-13 17:46:46

There have been two flies shagging on my ceiling for HOURS.

Lucky buggers.

Donnadoon Wed 03-Jul-13 17:50:46

GT WTF Is this your Mum or Mil?

YellowWellies Wed 03-Jul-13 18:10:27

Just a quickie as have to start tea but big hugs to BP I guess lots of folks made redundant have started CM in the recession - she clearly doesn't have the temperament. Shows you how hard reflux babies are and what a wonder woman you are for helping your lovely lass smile through it. God can you imagine if one of her kids had reflux!

Chasing high fives and fist bumps (Pass stylee) awesome sauce! Also 'cunt socks' is a swear word of genius - was that yours?

Det and VQ hugs....

We're still in size 3s but largely because we've a stack to use up! confused

TheDetective Wed 03-Jul-13 18:14:38

If it is your mum it is a little easier to be blunt and say my baby my rules.

With MIL I suppose you have to be a little more diplomatic.

I'm not sure how.

I'm probably not the best person to advise grin. Although it is easier for me in some ways as I just say no he can't have it it has dairy/soya in.

Like you say, I've no problem with him having things, but it should be his parents decision what and when he has them! Not his grandparents!

Does anyone elses baby just scream and scream and scream? At nothing? O is crawling around just screaming. High pitched, brain numbing, headache inducing screaming. He does it loads, usually just when he is annoyed at something. But he is crawling round doing it at the moment hmm.

TheDetective Wed 03-Jul-13 18:16:11

I just told DP 'the oven rang, it will be here in 10 minutes'.

I think I am losing my mind!

What I meant is the delivery driver rang and the oven will be here in 10 minutes. grin

PetiteRaleuse Wed 03-Jul-13 18:27:31

<huge evil cackle>

<saunters off thread>

Clue: fb

ChasingDaisy Wed 03-Jul-13 18:45:24

Yep YW that was my made up swear word grin

GTbaby Wed 03-Jul-13 19:01:18

It's the mil. If it was my mum is could quite easily say no. And more importantly she would listenshock lol

Mil is only here for 6 weeks 5.5weeks not that I'm counting so FH keeps telling me to keep the peace hmm

Grumble grumble. Plus with them being bk I can't just sit on MN. Feel like I constantly need to be doing something. Currently I'm putting lo to bed not sat in my room MNing

BigPigLittlePig Wed 03-Jul-13 19:06:20

Feeling a bit more positive this evening. We're off to look at my top choice of nursery tomorrow at 10, where a lot of Fs friends will be going. They can have her Monday, Tuesday and Thursday with immediate effect, and Wednesdays from September. I think we can cobble together Wednesday childcare over the summer hols, with friends and DHs annual leave. MIL still having F on a Friday morning. It seems nice. Good Ofsted. Big outside play area and meadow, with forest school when they get older. Grow their own fruit & veg, meals are included. Really hope it's as nice and I get a good feel about it.

Meanwhile....

<Puffs out chest>

Detective dreamt about me [smug]

BigPigLittlePig Wed 03-Jul-13 19:07:09

GT I would be saying I had an "upset tummy" and disappearing to the loo for protracted periods of time every now and then.

TheDetective Wed 03-Jul-13 19:14:03

shock

DP has just done that very thing BP. THE BASTARD!

I'm going to go and disturb him. grin

It was a fucking bizarre dream confused. Very odd. And I wasn't me. <Worries about sanity>.

Ace about the nursery! And yes, annual leave/parental leave between you and DH, and rope the family in. 8 weeks is nuffing grin in the grand scheme. And you can stick 2 fingers right up at that cock face.

GTbaby Wed 03-Jul-13 19:14:14

Izzy. Just a thought. It might be something sounds kinda like gangly? blush My sister had it in wrist. It's we're fluid leaks out of joint and collects under skin. Hard like bone. Not painful. Google it and see if you have similar symptoms.

fruitpastilles Wed 03-Jul-13 19:16:54

Oh my god pig I am fuuuuuming on your behalf angryangryangryangryangry how people like that can think they are capable of being in that job is beyond me. I really hope you love the nursery and that F settles well there, it sounds lovely.

chasing excellent news on the flat, I bet you can't wait to start buying things can you? I'm a bit jealous actually, I've always wanted to live on my own and to have everything how I wanted, I've always lived with friends or cousins.

vq I hope J's chest clears up with the antibiotics, poor mite. I'm also glad that you have your ad's now, it's nice to see that you are looking after yourself as well instead of putting yourself to the bottom of the pile. Your beautiful babies need their mummy well smile

gt isn't it annoying when people do that. We was at a BBQ the other week and my auntie said I was cruel because I said S couldn't have any chocolate cake and then proceeded to give her some.

GTbaby Wed 03-Jul-13 19:22:30

Finally caught up with this thread. So lo is in 4+ pampers baby dry, day time and night. I keep trying to convince FH to try cheaper nappies during the day but he is being a proper nappy snob.

Although yesterday lo leaked 3 times so now worried we need size 5 !
Think I might go and get asda nappies. Try them out stealth style see if he notices or lidle brand.

This thread is not accepting new messages.