Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dec 08 - three is the new two.

(994 Posts)
Vagolajahooli Fri 28-Jun-13 13:23:29

Well it seems appropriate you cheeky breeders.

JamInMyWellies Sun 14-Jul-13 16:51:57

Arti try giving her a little piriton. If it is a bite that should help the swelling.

Artijoke Sun 14-Jul-13 18:43:04

Thanks Veg and Jam, I actually don't think it's a bite as her eyeball is red too but I do think its getting a bit better and A&E did seen overkill so we are taking the 'wait and see' approach.

I'm lying in a wet nightie in front of a fan while VFing DS to sleep. It's sooo hot.

beans37 Mon 15-Jul-13 08:11:06

How is DD doing this morning, Arti? Any improvement?

I spoke to my sister and apparently her friend gets such bad hay fever that she can't open her eyes after a certain time of day, so they had to play in the morning. I still don't see why they couldn't have done it next weekend, but I went to see my sister anyway and it was nice. But am still smarting a bit and I think that was pretty obvious. You don't just accept a better invite when you've arranged something else!!

Spent a stinking hot afternoon at a fete near Peterborough yesterday. The kids loved it, but I think it all got a bit much as they were very tearful by the end of it! Until we discovered the wobbly mirrors. They loved them. Although I would fiercely recommend that you DO NOT try them when 30 weeks pregnant. Very depressing!

Does anyone have any tips on restless leg syndrome? Seems I have it, and however exhausted I am, I can't get to sleep for ages as I just want to kick my legs around!!!

Rubena Mon 15-Jul-13 10:05:25

Hi! Not time to catch up but so far Spain very agreeable. We have the use of our own 3 bed 2 bath villa with 3 decks and a jacuzzi / plunge pool. Lovely. Tapas last night after afternoon of swimming. Off for BBQ and swimming today at another house. Must go need to find supermarket and get cavasupplies! grin

Vagolajahooli Mon 15-Jul-13 15:55:51

Sorry Beans I just used to kick my legs about. Not much help I know. What causes it, is it a potassium deficiency or something. Maybe bananas would help, or am I thinking of gout.

Rubes hooray relaxation for you both at last. Enjoy.

Arti piriton is a good idea. How is it today? If the eye id still red I would see about a gp appointment.

Beans what sort of a twat expects someone to change their plans with family because they have hayfever. Your sister's neighbour is a pillock. Besides exercise improves hayfever, DH was doing laps around the old Tuscan farm we were at on our wedding day to settle his hayfever. So a tennis match would be fine. I'm sorry but those neighbours are dickheads. There is an appropriate time for the use of that word & that time is now. Sitting in my garden sipping a kir cidre while the boys are happily occupado. I was all for taking them to the beach but they wanted to come chill out at home. Fair enough so I'm here enjoying our lovely garden. We have our camp table & chairs permanently set up so we can have dinner out here lovely.

Oh though one downer, bloody country of my birth seems to be the only one in the world that doesn't allow trunki boostApacks to be used for kids in cars. So I have to hire a booster at €63 for DS2. Ds1 doesn't needa carseat over tthere so that is cool. But it's annoying to spend that much on a bloody booster seat which I could buy for way less.

Bloody hell whilst 'talking' to you I have been sipping on my cider & I'm feeling quite pished already might need to eat me timks

JamInMyWellies Mon 15-Jul-13 16:37:34

Tell it like it is vag. grin

I am so freakin hot. Sports day this arvo. Sweaty!

beans37 Mon 15-Jul-13 16:58:18

Jam, don't know if you've seen, but there's a weather warning round us for this week; far too hot to be outside for any length of time, type weather warning! DDs and I went for lunch with a friend at this local garden centre, which does lovely sandwiches and has THE MOST amazing gardens for us all to meander around. But, it was really really too hot and despite thinking I was mostly in the shade, my back feels decidedly crackly from sunburn. Oops. I'd also forgotten how quick it is to tan when up the duff, so have changed about 4 shades darker. I know DH finds me terribly attractive when I'm brown, but fortunately my frequent mention of my growing piles and my enormous belly are preventing bed action. It's been 2 weeks now, but my libido has gone kaput. Particularly as it's too hot to do anything but lounge in bed! Cannot face a bonk.

Rubes, your holiday sounds bliss and your photos on FB are making me green with envy. But in a good way. I do like seeing other people's holiday snaps on FB; I'm not one of those mean spirited souls who find it offensive!

Where's Lady got to? And Indith, how is everything? Kiwi has disappeared totally too. Ho hum.

Vag, that's annoying re car seat. Grrr. And yes, think you're right, although neighbours didn't know I was coming round, am more pissed off that my BIL accepted their invite knowing I was coming round and it had been in the diary for ages and that my DSis didn't say no! Never mind. DCs got to see my lovely niece and nephew and I got half an hour with them to find out their news. They're off moving soon to the most amazing house. Am fiercely jealous as it has 3 acres and a pool and is quite beautiful. Set in deep countryside in the middle of nowhere. Luckily they're only renting, or I might have to go and live there!

I can't wait to get to North Wales... 2 weeks on Friday. BRING IT ON! I just hope the weather stays like this. Would be magic to be on the beach every day in the sunshine. Heaven.

DeidreBarlow Mon 15-Jul-13 17:41:49

Ha ha vag your use of the word 'dickhead' made me gigglegrin. Although you are quite right, those neighbours are! Beans I'm glad you got a little QT with your sis though.

Yes you and jam need to keep in the shade. It's so hot! More so down your way than up here

Hols for us on Saturday. Cannot wait. DD and I have just had our holiday haircuts, loads if ironing done. Just need to think about when I can find time to pack hmm

JamInMyWellies Mon 15-Jul-13 17:44:55

Really Beans, I hadn't heard that. Have to say thought I had creamed myself up properly but one shoulder is rather red tonight. Some very kind mums had brought a gazebo to the school and set it up beside me so was able to duck under and shade a little.

I too would be very envy about new house sounds fab.

Mckayz Mon 15-Jul-13 18:45:45

Beans, that house sounds lovely, I would be very jealous too.

Arti, I hope DD's eye is better this morning.

DH has been told today that he has to do a course in Singapore which means he'll be home a week later than he is meant to be. It's really annoying as I could do with some help as I am shattered and we go away on the 4th and he should now be back the 1st or 2nd.

Artijoke Mon 15-Jul-13 19:03:55

Beans I had restless legs this pregnancy. I found drinking LOADS of water helped and eliminating all caffeine. Also going to bed before I got too tired. Tiredness def made it worse.

There are quite a lot if missing people aren't there. JJ is another. And ZJ is pretty quiet at the mo. Effie too but she's been gone an age. I hate it when people disappear from our thread. I still think about Trace.

DD's eye was much better this morning. Swelling gone, just pink eyeball now. I'm glad I didn't sacrifice our Sunday to A&E.

In big news DS, my teeny DS, my eight week old, the one I consider a newborn, has cut two teeth!!!!!!! Well he has actually cut two teeth shaped holes in his gums but I can see white specks at the bottom of each hole. Both girls were 7 months when they got their first teeth. I can't believe it and its made me all broody as my baby us growing up! He is such a delight at the mo, all smiles and adoring looks. I could eat him. And I could have another. But I won't!

Honsandrevels Mon 15-Jul-13 20:53:49

Wow arti, dd1 had teeth at 3 months. They look so much older with teeth.

Vag Def bananas for potassium. I was put on a low potassium diet once.. no bananas, coffee or chocolate.

Beans That tennis thing would have really annoyed me! Glad you enjoyed the trip.

It was much cooler up here today so I'm hoping dd2 will sleep better tonight. This morning she came in our bed at 4 but thankfully went back to sleep. When we woke up at 7 she put her little arms round me and said 'mummy, my sleep all night'. So cute but such a tinker.

JamInMyWellies Tue 16-Jul-13 14:04:45

Woohoo holiday booked 2 wks of Florida beaches. gringrin Now just need to get bikini ready ��which will be interesting with the size of my belly.

beans37 Tue 16-Jul-13 17:31:30

Oh Jam. So very jealous. I am melting in this heat, but it is divine compared to the miserable weather until recently. DH out tonight... Do I watch Luther on my own? He said he'd watch it with me on iplayer tomorrow night, so I think I might have to hang on or I won't sleep! I caught up with the last two and my GOD it was brilliant!

JamInMyWellies Tue 16-Jul-13 17:37:29

Told you Luther was fab.

I too am melting. At least on holiday we can have villa days where I can laze in the pool and at the beach I can wallow in the sea like a beached whale. Can't wait DH super stressed at work.

beans37 Tue 16-Jul-13 19:05:14

After a year of DH being highly stressed at work, he finally isn't! Hurray! But he is staying in town tonight. I think it's time he had a bit of a social life. Poor thing.

Man I'm hungry.

X

Artijoke Wed 17-Jul-13 12:57:33

Throughout the cold winter, spring and early summer I swore I would not complain about the heat ever again. Trouble is heat and newborns do not mix well. DS' room was 32 degrees last night and he just could not sleep. He wanted to feed lots which I totally understood but I hardly got any sleep and now its even hotter today and I walk over three miles a day on school runs and I am dizzy with heat and tiredness. I nearly passed out with the heat in the playground and had to sit on the floor with my head down (I pretended to look for something under the pram, not sure I pulled that one off!). I would love it if we were by the sea and there was a breeze but central London in the humid heat is defeating me.

Phew, got that off my chest. How is everyone else? Beans and Jam are you still surviving?

beans37 Wed 17-Jul-13 16:07:57

It is a sweat pit out there. And our car doesn't have air con, so driving is a bit hellish, even with the windows open! Could you drive, Arti? Might give you a bit of a break from the heat.

Bit of bad news today; we didn't get any of our planning permission, so we can't get our small loft extension done. Not so bad as far as the big one goes, as that was possibly gong to be v expensive and we weren't sure we could afford it. But the smaller one is a real blow. Am feeling weedily close to tears!

Artijoke Wed 17-Jul-13 18:35:25

That's bad news Beans. This gov passed legislation to make it harder for councils to block planning permission so it's surprising. Did they give a reason? Could you adjust your plans and reapply?

We don't have air con in our car either. It's like a mobile oven in there.

beans37 Thu 18-Jul-13 08:28:18

Architect is finding out the reason today. Fingers crossed we can do our small conversion in the meantime... The problem is, it just gets so expensive to resubmit and pay again! We seem to need so much doing at the moment... New car, new bathroom, new tiles, new kitchen, new carpets! It all hits at once, doesn't it? I think we'll have to do one thing per year!! Although the car is a bit more urgent, as we don't have room for a third in the current one!!

JamInMyWellies Thu 18-Jul-13 09:32:12

Sod the car being important for No3 you need it for air con.

Arti how are you feeling today. Please take care of yourself. Lots of water. How is DDs eye and how did you get on at the picnic?

We are cancelling outings to the park as it is just too hot and doing paddling pool dates at friends houses instead. Much better.

Nolda Thu 18-Jul-13 10:29:46

Poor you, Arti, it sounds hellish. I think you need a new car with air con, too.

Keep strong, Beans. I hope your architect can sort it out so you can have the small loft conversion, at least.

beans37 Thu 18-Jul-13 16:38:33

HURRAH! We don't need planning for the small loft! YEEEEEHAH! And they've said that i we wanted to get permission for the big loft, we need a pitched roof rather than a flat roof, which is v dull, but v easy, so architect re-drawing and resubmitting for no extra fee. Yay! Life feels a bit happier now.

Now to nag DH into submission about the car. I honestly don't need to be involved in the purchase as he knows my requirements, so I can leave the rest to him.... It'll be 2016 by the time we get it!

beans37 Thu 18-Jul-13 16:39:20

PS Jam, v sensible on the no park outings. It is far far too hot. We've had the whole afternoon in the paddling pool. Me too. And it's freeeeeezing! But so nice.

sybilfaulty Thu 18-Jul-13 16:46:13

Hello girls. Sympathies to all struggling in heat , especially the preggos and Arti.

I am driving to Broadstairs tomorrow with my boy on his school trip to the beach. We do have air con but it really eats up the petrol. My friend Lisa is Thelma to my Louise. I am worried about the music. It's magic, country or radio 3 in my car but she is rather cooler than me so that might not work.

We have several posters MIA. Summer, JJ, lady - where are you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now