Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

DECEMBER 2012: The start of crawling and the end of maternity leave

(1000 Posts)
halestone Thu 27-Jun-13 20:32:04

New thread

I love our bin men. We forgot to put the bin out so they opened our gate, walked round the side of our house and got it grin

FoD that's great smile

itsMYNutella Thu 25-Jul-13 09:08:06

On the car seat front; we just bought DS a new baby car sear because his old one didn't fit well in our car and the way his poor head dropped forward when he slept probably negated all its safety featuresconfused. But since we didn't buy that seat in the first place it wasn't to big an issue.

I thought there is a new law/ EU directive that babies stay rear facing until they are 15 months coming in?

Some Scandinavian countries laws have children rear facing until they are 4 because the head is disproportionately heavy until about this age. I've also been shown a terrible you tube video about rear facing vs ff. blush think we'll be asking for an erf seat for Christmas!grin

itsMYNutella Thu 25-Jul-13 09:09:08

(And we reasoned that future baby(s) will also use the baby seat)

IsThatTrue Thu 25-Jul-13 09:09:41

Better night but not great. Eczema flare up. Doctors at lunchtime. Just going down for a nap. Fx he can sleep with his itchy skin.

Nutella I think it's coming in next year. I think it rf in a lot of European countries too until they're four, but then you could argue that our roads are safer...also in Spain (I think) children aren't allowed in the front seat until they're twelve.

Poor ds IsThat I hope the doctor is helpful

WLmum Thu 25-Jul-13 10:28:45

To whoever it was that mentioned constipation prunella maybe? It's often caused by lack of water so lots of watery foods like cucumber, water melon etc. wrt to fruit - dried apricots are fab if rehydrated in boiling water then puréed - lovely sweet mixture to stir in yoghurt, porridge etc.

DS won't stop crying today, my 'instincts' are telling me he wants a bottle, but I don't want to give him one sad not sure what to do....

IsThatTrue Thu 25-Jul-13 13:02:49

Oh spotty that's got to be so hard.

I should have bought DS up for a nap 15 mins ago before he got shitty with me, but I was making big dcs lunch. Now he's overtired and fighting me! Urgh

Ds's asleep on me now. I'm starving I haven't eaten or drank anything since 6am, luckily dd's with mil today so she will be having fun.

IsThatTrue Thu 25-Jul-13 13:51:17

45 minutes really isn't enough! Urgh.

thanks for the tips WL, DS loves melon and enjoys drinking water from a sports top bottle so I was sure he was getting enough, but he was sweating buckets all this week too.

He's asleep on me again....he never sleeps on me

breakthrough or maybe just a freak occurence DS has done 2 naps of over an hour duration today! after stating categorically on here in the last couple of days that he's a hlaf hour power napper, he's suddenly proving me wrong. maybe it's the MN effect... in which case i'd also like to categorically say that he never sleeps through the night, never self settles, never allows me to change his nappy without wriggling....

IsThatTrue Thu 25-Jul-13 17:23:06

Oh the nappy changes! I'm with you on they one prunella I have the added bonus that I have to slather DS in aloe Vera cream 3x a day. He does not like laying still for that!

Ds is ridiculous with food everytime I eat something he's there, looking at me with his mouth wide open or trying to grab things argh! Dd's bad enough she always comes running if she hears something rustling!

utopian99 Thu 25-Jul-13 20:06:34

Spotty O is the same whenever I eat, little gannet.

pidj have uploaded a pic to the slings fb group. Bit ofaffirst effort with a very wriggly boy. Thankfully he found the practising hilarious but he looks too low...

Put an offer in on what would be our ideal flat. Everyonecross eeverything pleeeeease...!

Ooo fx utopian!

I know mil is doing a nice thing having dd most Thursdays but she always let's her sleep, in fact suggests it dd goes into bed it's not like she falls asleep in the car, and so she won't go to bed at night. It's over an hour past her bedtime and she just running in and out of her room screaming. If mil can't cope with dd for a full day she should say and I could pick her up earlier! Now dp's whole evening is being wasted trying to get dd to bed when we could be spending an hour together sad

Now she's woken ds up and he's wide awake angry

Barbeasty Thu 25-Jul-13 20:54:56

Spotty, DD has the ears of a bat where chocolate is concerned, and will ask what I'm eating if she sees me chewing.

I left A downstairs while I got DD ready for bed. He crawled over to a bowl of banana, which DD had left on the floor, picked a few bits out and pushed them into the toes of DD's shoes. Good job she didn't come back down!

MaMaPo Thu 25-Jul-13 21:03:14

I'm exhausted thinking of how it must be with more than one child. Hats off to all of you.

Pretty low key day today - 1h50 nap this morning which I joined given C woke at 5am; playgroup afterwards (fine); a friend popped over for lunch; 2 hour nap this afternoon; quick wander around the neighbourhood trying out the back carry in the Ergo. I think it was fine, but by the end she was pushing herself lopsided.

Husband working late tonight - booo! - but I did an hour of sewing (my first quilt), just had a dinner of leftovers, and am wondering whether to go to bed.

It will be interesting to see the difference in sleep between last night and tonight - yesterday she barely had 20 mins nap after 11am, whereas today she had plenty of sleep (and was still tired come bedtime). She woke at 2.30am for a feed for the first time in 10 days, so if she sleeps through (or at least until 4.30/5am) then I think it will be due to being well rested during the day.

Fx utopian! And Spotty, will you ask your MiL?

Yay for your little one Prunella. Longer naps are just brilliant.

Dp has told her before not to let dd nap, she never mentions it but I asked dd and she told me! Dp is going to speak to her I'm sure (as he's the one who has to deal with dd!)

MaMaPo Thu 25-Jul-13 21:17:34

Me me me!

Dp is annoying me but he is getting me a drink so I suppose I should forgive him

Right I'm off!

This thread is not accepting new messages.