Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - Crawling? Already? Uh-oh!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 24-Jun-13 22:05:43
PurplePidjin Tue 25-Jun-13 21:51:11

BP sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
envy

We went to a friends at the weekend and she loved playing with the v tech walker thingy. Think we've some toys in the loft that were given, will have a gander.

Her fave toy at the moment is a cricket bat rattle

ChasingDaisy Tue 25-Jun-13 21:54:04

Thanks for the fish, I need a good slapping. Feeling very sorry for myself tonight. What have I got to moan about huh? Right, off to bed. 'Night all.

BigPigLittlePig Tue 25-Jun-13 21:57:33

Night chasing

Getting ready to give F her first ever nocturnal bottle. Feels very odd.

F lurves to play with fiddly things. The fiddlier the better. Shoelaces, labels, ribbons - you see the trend?

TheDetective Tue 25-Jun-13 22:16:21

OMG, Pikz and Fatima our babies were born on the same day, and they all sounds so VERY similar!

Pikz O loves the front of his vtech walker. He's been button bashing since 10 weeks old!

The flowers spin in the sun..... FUCK OFFFFFFFFFF!!!!

Fatima toys wise, just everything and anything noisy. Got a vtech bundle from facebook. I'd still say the vtech walker is the favourite though hands down! He likes small rattles, and sophie the giraffe too.

horseylady Tue 25-Jun-13 22:18:59

Crawling here. Huge distances. Nutter baby. He tries to climb as well. Mummy is one his favourite things to climb. Must get him on a pony. He was trying to climb the dogs. I stopped that one.

Hugs to those that need it.

Pass shell eat when she's ready. The HV asked me how weaning was going. I said slowly. She asked what we were doing and said it sounded ok. Which considering he voms so much was a surprise. Anyways, she will eat when she's ready. There's a lot of people who say their babies didn't eat till later. Told the HV about the elbow incident and she wasn't very nice sad said shell check for the a&e report. Jesus, he's fine. We don't know how it happened.

TheDetective Tue 25-Jun-13 22:22:24

So, O has been mobile since 4.5 months. Whirling his way around like feck knows what. The second he figured rolling, that was it really.

Crawling since the weekend, and is getting faster and faster and covering more distance each day. He only crawls to where he shouldn't though. Of course. I expect no less from him! Fireplace, wires, xbox/sky box/dvd player, laptop. VQ O made it to the shiny pebbles today.... siiiiiiiigh! We just heard the tinkling of them falling on to the granite below.

Sitting - check. He has been sitting steady and for long periods for the last 2-3 weeks. He started sitting at 5.5 months but it took a month for him to master it fully.

He also likes to lift his bum in the air, and flip his legs up, then slam them down. It goes through me. It should hurt him. He uses it as another tool to get around. Weirdo.

Does anyone elses baby kick the crap out of them? Changes are a nightmare, as it is kick kick kick, roll, kick, roll, lift and leg kick. Over and over. And it is worse if I do it on my knee, as I end up with his head on the floor, and holding on to one leg.

He's a real mover hmm.

Fuck. I'm fucked.

I won't bore you with the story of how I met DP! It's long and embarrassing!

TheDetective Tue 25-Jun-13 22:23:59

Oh and he needs to hurry up and learn to sit from lying. He's half way there!

TheDetective Tue 25-Jun-13 22:26:52

Oh, speaking of teeth - anyone recommend a toothpaste? O likes his teeth brushed, but not with toothpaste.

We have the milk tooth one. Need something very mild tasting if anyone knows of any?!

StuntNun Tue 25-Jun-13 22:35:15

I cannot explain how I met DH as it is a long-winded story, suffice to say he was dressed as a carrot at the time. We started going out in 1996, got married in 1998 so it'll be out fifteenth anniversary this November if he's in the country, he's missed the last four because he's been in Japan!

YellowWellies Tue 25-Jun-13 22:36:12

Det Jonas tries to kick me in the neck / use me as a lever to kick away off the change mat when I give him omeperazole envy .

Horsey shock to your horrible HV!!!! I know they have to be cautious but shock shock shock

Jonas' only noisy toy is the jumperoo and he's often in that without the sound on blush he loves wipes packets best (probably because he's deprived of noisy toys!)

GTbaby Tue 25-Jun-13 22:39:02

Detective. I wana know! Tell us all the cringe worthy details.

YellowWellies Tue 25-Jun-13 22:41:40

Yep I've got my brew ready go on Det wink

ValiumQueen Tue 25-Jun-13 22:48:45

Not caught up but just want to report a fucking awful bedtime. Awful awful awful reflux with full on screaming. Inconsolable. Beyond a fucking joke, and this is with a full day of ranitidine and the only solids was rice cakes and papaya. Teething and I cold granted, but my God it was bad. Of course I am blaming myself although fuck knows why. Just because I do I guess. I have a fish and will be slapping myself shortly. Grr.

TheDetective Tue 25-Jun-13 22:57:30

Oh the jumperoo is falling out of favour now that the monkey is crawling! I have to say, I won't miss it grin. The only thing it is good for is keeping him in one place while I do stuff!

Actually, that's a lie, it kept him entertained for ages. But it's frigging enormous!

O uses all his moving tactics when it comes to ranitidine! He's cool with calpol now and ibuprofen. But fucking HATES ranitidine with a passion! He used to hate calpol - I thought it was the texture. Now he is on solids and used to texture he's fine with it. It's the taste of ranitidine he hates. Not sure how on earth to fix that one, except for mixing it with something. But what?!

O doesn't trust me with a syringe these days as he doesn't know if he's getting calpol or ranitidine! He's very cautious! He prefers to hold it himself hmm.

M also loves wipes packets hmm

Nappy changes are a nightmare as she either rolls over and tries to bugger off or does sit ups. I end up giving her a baby wipe or a nappy to try keep her entertained.

TheDetective Tue 25-Jun-13 23:24:22

Erm, well, when I split with ex DP I had no friends where I live. I decided I needed to make friends. A girl I knew from school who had previously moved to the area started chatting to me over facebook. I kept getting random adds from people who were friends with this person from school. A couple of men added me - one in particular was very good looking. We would chat online all the time, eventually he gave me his number. He said he wanted to meet me, but would make excuses not to at the last minute.

Then a person who happened to be facebook friends with both him and me asked me if I wanted to meet up, and I figured why not - I'd already chatted to this guy online, and knew that the person I went to school with knew them. The good looking guy was messing me around, and here was someone else asking me to do stuff. I was lonely, and wanted to get out and do things! So I figured I should go for it.

So I met him in the local park good open space, busy area etc! grin. And got on like a house on fire. That was in Feb 2009.

Eventually I met this other guy. Stuff happened. He turned out to be a twat though, a user. Proper cocklodger.

The day before my birthday in Nov 2009 the cocklodger, and the other dude were my house. The plan was for them to stay over so I wouldn't wake alone on my birthday (first ever birthday as a single person!). Cocklodger didn't want to stay, but he wouldn't leave me alone with the other guy.

I was sat on the sofa watching a film with the other guy - when he took hold of my hand underneath the duvet we were under. Previously I had not had any romantic feelings towards him, but it was like it hit me out the blue. When he held my hand I just felt something different. Like a feeling of 'coming home'.

Yes, the friend is now DP! All along from the first time he saw me, he wanted me. I didn't know this. I was too busy with the cocklodger. But he waited and bided his time! And it paid off!

2 hours later he was in my bed, and the cocklodger was left to sleep on the sofa.

grin

I don't like how this story makes me sound! But oh well!

Oh and the cocklodger - turns out that he had set DP up to meet me so he could check me out without actually having to meet me confused. WTF?! Anyway, DP says he wanted to meet me, as he fancied me! So whether the guy had asked him to meet me or not, he would have asked me to at some point anyway!

Shame that the cocklodger is DP's best mates brother. One of the reasons I hate his best mate - but not the only one. He's a frickin' weirdo. Him and his brother haha!

I hate the fucking cocklodger. He wouldn't let anyone else have me, but wouldn't commit to a relationship. He spent my money, used my house, my things, my time. Got what he wanted without putting anything in. No idea why the fuck I put up with that at all. But DP picked the right moment to pull me out of that twats grasp! He went apeshit when me and DP went upstairs together that night. grin

HA!

TheDetective Tue 25-Jun-13 23:24:58

I have to sing through the changes Fatima but I don't think it really helps much any more!

izzybizzybuzzybees Tue 25-Jun-13 23:35:14

Popping in to say it's not your fault vq

My night is shite already. Have had 4 wake ups since bedtime. One feed.

Bedtime now...

Blardy hell second wake up already and it's not even 12. Think she might have another tooth on its way as she didn't have much tea but was chomping v hard on cold cucumber on the right side of her mouth

Fingers crossed she goes back down and sleeps until 7am fat chance

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Tue 25-Jun-13 23:58:49

Not going brilliantly here as DS has decided that now is the perfect time to exercise his vocal chords with his entire repertoire of sounds, at the top of his lungs. He's been fed, despite surely not needing anything, and is now wide awake, noisy and wanting to play. Not as bad as some of your nights but annoying. Oh, and DD taught him to blow raspberries. Loudly. Awesome grin hmm

ValiumQueen Wed 26-Jun-13 00:28:54

Thank you Izzy. Sorry you are having a poopy night. Have you noticed any improvement at all since you changed your food?

I am now on the floor in DD2s bedroom. One hot little lady with a temp of nearly 40. Breathing sounds dreadful. No word from J yet. Another day off nursery today I think. Bugger.

PurplePidjin Wed 26-Jun-13 01:45:37

Third wake. Have deployed calpol.

ValiumQueen Wed 26-Jun-13 02:01:15

Vom fest here. Now it is out hopefully she will sleep. And I can creep away slowly back to my room. My bed. Then J will wake no doubt.

MaMaPo Wed 26-Jun-13 02:16:14

Oh hello you lot. I think I've missed your last few threads.

Very little in the way of locomotion here. C can sit unaided though still wobbly, and on her tummy pushes up on her arms or does angry parachuting. No crawling, shuffling, rolling. But she's a youngun at 6.5m.

Has anyone gone through a phase of 2am wakefulness? It's party time here. Please someone reassure me it is indeed a phase!

This thread is not accepting new messages.