Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - Crawling? Already? Uh-oh!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 24-Jun-13 22:05:43
PetiteRaleuse Tue 25-Jun-13 19:49:18

You'll cope chasing far better than back when you were walking on eggshells all the time. The worst of the sleepless nights is now over fingers crossed, and before you know it LO will be wanting to hold his bottle himself, feed himself much more confidently and want to move about on his own rather than be carried.

Then he'll go from that to potty training, being able to dress himself, into nursery then school. Every month there will be something you either don't have to do as much of, or at all. Or you'll get more used to doing whatever it is so you'll do it quicker, hardly noticing it. When he starts talking you won't have as much stress trying to interpret his crying. And you'll be able to set a routine which suits you, which doesn't take anyone else into account.

It won't always be easy, but one think I am sure of is that you absolutely will cope smile

PurplePidjin Tue 25-Jun-13 19:54:10

Probably not possible for most but i know there are others here in cloth...

Sainsburys are giving away a free pack of nappies if you spend £50 (including the cost of the nappies, you have to put them through with your order) i emailed my mum earlier (she regularly spends that much anyway) and just saw a thread on here - if you won't use them yourself, get them anyway and donate to a basics bank, church or children's centre

smile

YellowWellies Tue 25-Jun-13 19:57:09

J is a happy sitter, delighted stander, happy roller and one who manages to move around by lying flat on his back and kicking. He's moved a wee bit yesterday by a sort of bum shuffle. Crawling - he gets the idea, lifts his bum or his shoulders - he's only managed to lift both ends occasionally (he once dragged himself 3 foot without lifting his bum but that's yet to be repeated) but is too wee of arm just yet - thank god. He's a furious sky diver within 5 mins of trying. He yells then dejectedly sobs into the carpet pounding his wee fists poor soul.

Madam that recipe for muffins (dairy and soy free whoop!) looks lovely thanks for sharing.

Just caught up on the 6 week weaning thread, my sister has a slightly evil but probably partially true theory that the folks who wean stupidly early do so because they want their kids to achieve something 'first' and once they get to reading, talking, other cognitive developments - the family stupidity means they're quickly overtaken. Told you it was evil blush but grin .

The in laws are here and worshipping the bear and MIL has only discreetly disposed of half of his BLW finger foods at meal time as a choking risk grin

Elizadoesdolittle Tue 25-Jun-13 19:58:56

No crawling here yet but she gets around by rolling all over the place which is bad enough. She can sit unaided for around 30 secs max at the moment.

Loving the get together stories. Bit of a long winded together story fir me and DH. I met my xp in Ibiza. DH was on same holiday but he was with someone. We (me and xp) had a snog in a club but didn't swap nos but his mate chatted to my mate so found out where she worked. When we got back to uk my xp went to where she worked and asked her for my no. I thought it was so romantic that he tracked me down. Anyway I was with him for 5 yrs but me and DH became really good friends during this time. Things fizzled out with xp so we split but remained good friends. Me and DH got closer and i realised that actually he was the one for me but he still had a girlfriend. My friend went travelling for a yr(same friend as i was on holiday with) so to get away from relationship shit I went to Bali for a month to meet her. DH realised he felt the same way about me so he split with his girlfriend, flew to bali to tell me how he felt and the rest is history. Xp is getting married at the end of this year and DH is best man so luckily it's all turned out well. I've now been with DH for 6 yrs but known him for nearly 12.

BigPigLittlePig Tue 25-Jun-13 20:02:00

Wrote a post before, but lilys manic posting made it vanish! Gist of it was....F is sticking up 2 fingers to food, but making up for it with oodles of ff. Dietitian went well, but nothing new to add to the quiche wisdom. Not to even try to introduce soya/milk until 12m+.

Loving hearing how people got together with their dps. I met dh at work, he used to take me on icecream dates, and we snogged in the changing rooms grin

Chasing you will manage fine my love, there is nothing you can't do - and this time round, you won't have to do with a dragon breathing down your neck.

Bryzoan Tue 25-Jun-13 20:03:54

Well done chasing. You will manage. Really. Just try not to stress too much about housework beyond the bare minimum to start with and don't put too much pressure on yourself to cook either. Just focus on enjoying o - it will get easier and housework etc can slot into place then. You are doing phenomenally for that little man of yours. X

YellowWellies Tue 25-Jun-13 20:04:21

But my god does he babble 'abba' 'am am' 'Dada' (not at anyone just yet) high pitched singing and making noises whilst whacking the palm of his hand over his open mouth 'awawaw'. Go white.

I met DH at work. Smokers corner. 1.5 years after we met, both newly single, I invited colleagues for a nerdy cinema trip to see a film on climate change at the phoenix in Oxford, lucky for me all tickets had sold out when we got there so we went to the next door pub instead and then I dragged him back to my lair bwahaha....

Elizadoesdolittle Tue 25-Jun-13 20:06:59

Got my dates completely wrong...I've known DH 16 yrs and been with him for nearly 10. How could I get that wrong!! Not that it matters but feel I should correct it grin

YellowWellies Tue 25-Jun-13 20:07:14

Go white = gobshite fecking demure autocorrect!!!!

Evilwater Tue 25-Jun-13 20:14:58

chasing glad too see your moving on so well.
pass hope your LO settles in the other room well.
Tis morning has been a complete disaster! n just cried and screamed, and thier were tears everywhere, and snot! The ONLY place where he would stop crying is on me, and NO where else. sad so I gave him some paracetamol and he seems to cheer up. smile he went to nursey and he was ok. He slept loads there so I'm guessing, he is mega over tired too.

Evil

Evilwater Tue 25-Jun-13 20:20:48

Lets see, n is 9 months next week. He can sit up for long periods but can't sit up from laying down, finger walk loads, and at a huge push craw 50cm. That's pretty much it.

Evil

fruitpastilles Tue 25-Jun-13 20:41:13

S can't crawl yet, she rolls around all over the place now though, I used to leave her on her playmat while I had a showers, until the other week when I found her under her cot when I got out. She can sit for hours if I sit her up but can't sit up herself from lying down. She is trying to pull herself up, but only when she is on the settee and using me to do it.

Pikz Tue 25-Jun-13 20:48:45

Big hugs VQ and PR

Chasing you will be all kinds of awesome and living without fear.

I met DP on a ski lift and he lived in joburg and I lived here. 3 months after we met he sent me a plane ticket to joburg and the rest is history. He emigrated over here 9 months after we met. Was 5 years at the weekend.

Canada tomorrow, am exhausted and not even there yet. But a tooth had cut and he's cracked crawling so hoping for a good sleep tonight.

Donnadoon Tue 25-Jun-13 20:52:26

Oh and I met my DH at 15 ... 18 years ago...I thank god everyday I've been so blessed. grab the sick bowl sorry!

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Tue 25-Jun-13 20:57:57

YW I inspired myself and have just taken a tray of the banana muffins out of the oven!

DS cant quite crawl forward, but zooms around backwards, gets onto all fours and sort of propels himself forward, usually ending in a face-plant. He rolls onto his front immediately on being put down, and really rears up. He can sit for a couple of minutes, getting better, and is very strong on his feet - he will stand holding onto fingers, or grabbed by DD and forced to 'dance' or 'wiggle'.

I've told this before but DH was my first boyfriend and person I shagged. We dated as teenagers, I decided he was unsuitable, broke up and stayed in contact. I went to uni, he got with his exP, and had DSD. We stayed in touch sporadically, but got together for what I expected to be just a quick and dirty fling which wouldn't increase my numbers blush after he and his exP broke up. Got engaged after a year, married 9 months later, and our little surprise DD arrived 18 months later. It's a bloody slog at times, he infuriates me beyond comprehension, but he's a great dad, is making more of an effort, and I never have to worry about being anything other than completely myself in front of him, scabby feet, hairy legs and tantrum central and all.

ChasingDaisy Tue 25-Jun-13 21:04:47

Some really romantic stories here. Me and XP met at work. He was my line manager. We both became came out of long term relationships within a month of each other and hooked up a few months later. Rebound thing for us both possibly.

Passmethecrisps Tue 25-Jun-13 21:06:41

Duders.

Wassup?

<wipes stinking fish out of eyes>
<flicks flakes into box
<posts spring loaded box to MK>

Thanks for the fish VQ. I have been needing that all day actually. I don't know WTF is wrong with me but I need a good fucking shake.

Congrats on the anniversary VQ. Lovely. DH and I met at uni. Were good pals. Snogged at grad ball but he left to go to London. 6 months later I texted him merry Christmas and he responded by inviting me down to stay. I worried for days about whether is should pack a sleeping bag - was it presumptuous not too. My pal told the story at our wedding including the fact that my PJ's came back unworn. We waited 11 years before getting engaged then get married and pregnant within 6 months. Nae messing around with us.

PetiteRaleuse Tue 25-Jun-13 21:16:48

6 months til Christmas everyone grin

Thanks for the recipe madame

I've known DH 10 years this summer, and been together 9 years and 2 weeks. There was a couple of months where we kept snogging but I fancied his mate. Realised his mate was taking the piss and DH and I got together. Don't think people expected it to last as I was much much younger but it has.

M learnt to crawl yesterday but so far doing only short distances (to place she shouldn't be - wires, shelves, fireplace) she rolls lots and sits up from lying down. She's started climbing and pulling herself up on things. She loves standing up and tries to walk but gets excited, bounces and falls over grin &#128041;

Think I need to get M some less babyish toys, what does everyone play with now they're past the bouncy chair, playmat stage?

Kyzordz Tue 25-Jun-13 21:38:49

Got the end of the last Fred to catch up with never mind this one! Bet this reply takes me ages!

Thanks for the dried fruit advice, will try some soon, is on my to do list! Tomorrow was just gonna do stuff on toast for tea blush not sure if this will be substantial enough for e for tea or if I should get him a tub of purée something out.

Tv... Eric used to be mesmerised by the tv but he's not all that fussed by it now tbh!

Sounds like an awful night vq hope tonight's is better!

brew for everyone needing one though I realise I'm very late with the brew!!

Aww yw what a lovely kissy moment!!

pr I've nothing to suggest but I really do sympathise and hope you can resolve things. The plan of action you have sounds good though hope you can get dp on board

Definitely sounds like eggs are an issue for j stunt after reading your post. Hope he continues to improve with you not eating anything with eggs in

No bplp I don't think you are being unreasonable, that's a fuck tonne of money for a hen do!!

Woohoo brill news det fabby sleep from o!!!

pass e is dead set on trying to crawl too only he's bloody rubbish at it! This afternoon he kept lunging to the floor only to wriggle and squirm and moan that he can't sodding get anywhere!!

Lots of lovely 'how we met' stories! Me and dp met at school when we were 13. We got together at 14, and it's been ten years this September. Time flies!!!

chasing you will cope and do a brill job of it too, honest you will smile for now just take each day as it comes smile

6 week weaning Fred... Will have a peek if I can find it....

<shakes pass lots> I think you're doing great lovely, p will get there. We should have a good shake up together! Are we still weaning buddies? Do you have anything in particular planned for p tomorrow?

PetiteRaleuse Tue 25-Jun-13 21:39:20

LO likes noisy toys. Anything that needs batteries and can be bashed to make sound or light or both.

BigPigLittlePig Tue 25-Jun-13 21:41:26

F is going to the childminder tomorrow for the first time sad

What shall I do in the 3 hours I am child free!? other than panic like crazy and possibly cry

PetiteRaleuse Tue 25-Jun-13 21:44:35

Read a book; have a lovely long bath; get your hair done; nails; go shopping; take a book to a coffee shop; sleep....

envy

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Tue 25-Jun-13 21:46:53

BP just enjoy it. Do not do chores. Do something for you.

fatima DS likes noisy toys too. Also a weird material chicken thingy sister brought him from theUS. And packets of wet wipes. And he gets very excited about DD's babies, but isn't often allowed to hold then, or if he is, they are usually snatched right back grin

Pikz Tue 25-Jun-13 21:47:18

Fatima same as PR but include maracas and a tambourine. His favourites are some horrible vtech ball thing and the front of a vtech walker. He also likes the fisher price giggle gang on my iPad and his hi chair stick on toys.

Arghhhh my mum has a cough and its doing my nut in!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.