Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011 - We understand no but we choose to ignore it.

(983 Posts)
ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 18-Jun-13 14:02:40

Welcome Aprilites smile

ecuse Sat 04-Oct-14 20:31:09

I have decreed the baby shall be delivered at 39+6. That would be perfect, thank you baby-gods.

TwentiethCenturyGirl Sat 04-Oct-14 19:54:13

Get those feet well and truly put up ecuse. Hooray for loafing soon!

Although you know, you'll regret wishing that the baby isn't early when you're 40+10 voice of experience wink grin

ecuse Thu 02-Oct-14 14:28:28

Yep, hooray! Had initially planned to go to 38 weeks but just really CAN'T BE ARSED at the moment so have agreed with manager I can stop at 36. 2 more weeks after this week (plus I'm taking Wednesdays as leave to help me cope with the weeks, so only 9 more working days inc tomorrow. Hooray!) Looking forward to a few weeks of LOAFING. Hope the baby isn't early grin

Daisy17 Wed 01-Oct-14 17:19:05

How are you feeling, ecuse, saw from FB that you're stopping work earlier? thanks

Daisy17 Wed 01-Oct-14 17:17:55

Yes, sick bug, thanks DS....over now, although annoying that recovering means returning to "normal" levels of nausea!! Should have had first visit to GP yesterday about pregnancy, she phoned instead which was great. She very reassuringly but baldly stated that I needn't worry about the baby, it would keep taking what it needed and just leave me feeling worse. Nice! Midwife booked for 24 October. Beginning to feel scarily real! shock

13Stitches Mon 29-Sep-14 21:51:31

Oh no Daisy. <gentle shoulder pat> I'm sure Beanlet will be fine.

On the plus side, if it's a bug it'll most likely be over by tomorrow! Take the rest of the week off and try to relax and recover fully. None of that struggling back before you're ready to keep up appearances.

Daisy17 Mon 29-Sep-14 21:14:28

That's exactly what happened to me once, 20th - small glass bottle of cooking cider at the age of about 33. Madness!! But feels marvellous, doesn't it?

Having been sick four times this afternoon and evening I am concluding that I have DS's sick bug. hmm At least, let us hope that is all it is otherwise I am in big trouble for the next six weeks.......I presume little beanlet will be alright in there?!

TwentiethCenturyGirl Mon 29-Sep-14 18:55:17

Oh dear - hope the day improved Daisy.

The particularly sad thing about yesterday was that I was only buying a bottle of cider to cook a gammon joint in. Definitely not the action of an underage delinquent!

Daisy17 Mon 29-Sep-14 08:22:57

Feeling rubbish this morning. Not even quite 6 weeks yet. Uh oh....... Thankfully first pupil appears to be running late!

Daisy17 Mon 29-Sep-14 08:21:21

Fabulous!! Go girl..... grin

13Stitches Mon 29-Sep-14 06:37:13

grin 20th

TwentiethCenturyGirl Sun 28-Sep-14 20:30:14

I was definitely more tired during pregnancy this time round, although I recovered from the birth much more quickly. Swings and roundabouts...

<saddo smug alert> While we're discussing being three years older, I would like to point out that I got ID'd buying booze in the supermarket this afternoon grin. I don't look under 25 (or whatever they like you to be now) but it briefly made my afternoon!

Daisy17 Fri 26-Sep-14 20:56:04

Haha! Inadvertently. Twas the sleep deficit I meant, really.
Poor little S, he's been sick about six times today. I feel very smug guilty as by the time I got home it had all stopped. Poor DP. S had perked up by bedtime, DP and I noticed a return of normal cheekiness......

13Stitches Fri 26-Sep-14 18:24:20

Sympathy for you too ecuse.

Daisy there's some gross vom bugs about at the minute. Fingers crossed you avoid it.

ecuse Fri 26-Sep-14 15:55:38

Daisy did you just point out that I'm 3 years older?! :p

Daisy17 Fri 26-Sep-14 14:49:59

thanksbrew ecuse - I guess it's different when you're looking after a preschooler too, even just in the evenings. Not so many opportunities to rest. Plus a 3 year deficit anyway!

I feel more unsettled of tummy today but then nursery called to say that S has been throwing up all morning so now I don't know whether it's pregnancy or a tummy bug!! He's tucked up in bed at home with DP, I've got to stay at school for a concert, no cuddles till 5pm. sad

ecuse Fri 26-Sep-14 14:41:37

Well whilst we're having a pregnancy moan... I really don't remember feeling this knackered and pathetic at this stage last time. 33 weeks today. I'm supposed to be working until 38 weeks but really not sure I can manage it. My feet are like watermelons after a day in the office (and I'm permanently wearing flight socks). Everything just seems like a massive effort. Commuting on the tube is a nightmare, even though I almost always get offered a seat. I'm waking 4 times a night to pee so even though I go to bed early I can't get myself out of bed in the mornings. Raaaaaaaaaah.

I'm WFH today though so not quite as bad. Sitting on the bed with laptop and my feet up working.. fairly gently it has to be said grin

Daisy17 Tue 23-Sep-14 22:13:18

You're making me feel much bettter..... confusedwink

Hoping it won't be too bad - most of mine is one to one and I stay put in one room so not as bad as classroom teaching. I also have lovely colleagues and a wonderful department administrator who I know will look after me.

Here's to a good night's sleep!

13Stitches Tue 23-Sep-14 22:07:44

I can't imagine coping with that and teaching.

I do remember going back in September at somewhere around 12 weeks, and leaving to go to work one day and just bursting into tears by the car because I was just so exhausted. I'd come home and go straight to sleep. DH would wake me up and feed me and I'd go to bed. I don't know how I worked!

13Stitches Tue 23-Sep-14 22:05:52

Oh, moan away, this is the ideal place to do it!

Yes, it was the summer hols and I felt hideous. I didn't ever actually puke, but felt horrifically nauseous for the whole thing. I think I lay on the sofa sucking orange ice lollies the whole time!

One of the reasons we're not on #2 yet!

Daisy17 Tue 23-Sep-14 16:55:02

Thanks, 13, didn't mean to whinge, started off as a reply to ecuse and then got morose! I'm guessing your first trimester was similarly timed to mine, ie mainly in the summer?

13Stitches Sun 21-Sep-14 17:38:39

Sympathy, Daisy.

Daisy17 Sun 21-Sep-14 09:53:50

Quite beflopped and feeling a bit unsettled of tummy but not exactly sick. Must admit I'm dreading being at school if and when I start to feel really sick. I was never actually sick last time, thankfully, but had constant nausea for a good 3 months most of which was during the summer holiday which made it way easier. Not so well timed this time..... sad

SarniaCherie Sat 20-Sep-14 10:01:11

HELLO LADIES,
yes I meant to shout as have been absent too long. The catch-up on the Facebook group prompted me to poke my nose round the door here as well. I'm glad you're still posting and I shall make sure to put us back on my Watching List. smile

13Stitches Thu 18-Sep-14 23:25:08

Congratulations ecuse! It sounds amazing!

daisy it's getting better, colleagues are warming up a bit. It's weird being new but experienced - I feel like I've got no idea, like I'm an NQT again but then I'll find myself contributing like an actual professional. I'm having massive Imposter Syndrome issues, actually. I'm struggling to believe in my own abilities. I really need to sort myself out or I'll sabotage myself.

Toddler (preschooler?!) is in a tame patch! He did improve over the summer, and we've found that a total tv restriction winds things back quickly. (We are overly reliant on TV during the week)

Got to visit schools this term! How can we choose? He's so little!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now