Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011 - We understand no but we choose to ignore it.

(983 Posts)
ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 18-Jun-13 14:02:40

Welcome Aprilites smile

TwentiethCenturyGirl Wed 26-Feb-14 19:17:07

DD also regularly tells me that she's 'too busy Mummy' to do anything that I ask of her. Who knew that being a toddler was so demanding?

Well, the bowling ball fanjo has eased up and despite my best efforts to symptom spot, there doesn't appear to be any sign of impending labour here. I'm going to be epically late again, I know it. Grrrrrh...

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 27-Feb-14 17:58:05

I never had impending signs of labour 20th, I've just woken up in labour. Just carry on as normal (as much as you can), and it will happen when it happens. Use your energy on enjoying these last few weeks with just dd and you as you'll never have this time again - something that you'll cry about when the baby is here. But don't worry, everyone does that and it passes once you've got into the new rhythm that the baby brings! Aw, just talking about it makes me feel broody!!

Has anyone had any thoughts about birthday presents for our soon to be three year olds? I have no idea. We seem to have every toy imaginable and don't need anymore <weep> It may be a small present and money in his savings account.

Kittycatcat Fri 28-Feb-14 07:45:49

Hi all. Sorry I've been so quiet. Just caught up with everything. Glad to hear the babies are doing well. Hope B is all better now fizz. How's the hair?
We have bought S a mid sleeper flexa bed for his birthday. I'm going to get the curtains etc to make it a pirate ship, and we are decorating his room. He knows he's getting a bed and is v excited.
Fingers crossed ecuse. You never know!

NomDeClavier Fri 28-Feb-14 07:54:50

The pirate bed sounds awesome! Do they make them in grown up size? I always wanted a bed with curtains when I was little.

Fingers crossed 20th has gone quiet now because baby is on the way.

I have a meeting at work today, and I haven't told then I'm bringing DD... What's the betting they'll mind?

Kittycatcat Fri 28-Feb-14 09:09:31

Haha good luck nom

Will post pics of bed on fb

Fingers crossed for twentieth

TwentiethCenturyGirl Fri 28-Feb-14 19:23:35

Alas, radio silence my end doesn't mean that baby has made an appearance - just that I've run out of non-moan related things to say!

No idea about birthday presents. Maybe a bike - or is is 3 too little?

RegainingUnconsciousness Fri 28-Feb-14 19:30:10

Hello all,

We got F a balance bike for his second birthday. He still hasn't got the hang of it.

I love those beds! I've been looking at them for a while, his cot bed is falling apart. We want to keep him in the little room so are looking at one with storage underneath.

MIL has sent through a heap of books she got from The Book People - apparently they we're really cheap. Some brilliant classics that we didn't have (We're Going On A Bear Hunt!). So many that we're going to have to buy him a book case (type thing)!

It's my birthday tomorrow. I've booked an epic lie-in followed by a hair cut. I'm so excited to have a heap of sleep and lounging!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sat 01-Mar-14 20:26:33

Happy birthday RU. Hope you've had a good day and had an epic lie-in!

I was hoping you lot were going to give me some birthday present inspiration! I think it will probably be something Cars related, but he has loads of the Cars cars already ........

How do people store their kids books? We have so many books it's unreal. It's hard to give away books we no longer need (no one wants them) and it just feels so wrong to bin them. Hence we are swamped with them.

I love the fact that we are moving onto better story books with ds3. Although I can't tell you how many times I have had to read 'Captain Flinn and the Pirate Dinosaurs' to him <yawn> Saying that I still enjoy The Hungry Caterpillar and Where the Wild Things Are <sentimental>

Ds2 (with strong guidance!) bought Stig of the Dump with his book vouchers. I can't wait to read it with him.

RegainingUnconsciousness Sat 01-Mar-14 22:00:41

It was good. I had breakfast at midday!

DS books are split between a bottom shelf in the expedit unit downstairs and random piles in his bedroom. I've been thinking about this bookcase thing or there's the Pinterest drainpipes on a wall thing, but there's not a lot of wall space in his room.

Kittycatcat Sat 01-Mar-14 23:21:05

Happy birthday ru.

S was given his cousins bike with stabilisers and he LOVES it.

We have some books in their room on the ikea units and some in asking bookcase in the living room.

NomDeClavier Sun 02-Mar-14 13:28:39

We have a bookcase in DS's room. It's nearly full blush

Sounds like a great birthday RU. Your name still makes me laugh every time I see it btw. Very appropriate for a lie in.

We are off to the aquarium today!

I'm trying not to think about DS's birthday. We have far too much 'stuff' as it is.

Kittycatcat Sat 08-Mar-14 21:18:07

Ladies. S dribbles. And it makes him lick his mouth. And it's gone red under his lip. It looks horrid and sore. How can I stop him. I don't know why he even dribbles.

RegainingUnconsciousness Sat 08-Mar-14 21:47:04

F dribbles, mostly on purpose to make a point of how upset he is or just to be gross, I think. But he's got an obsession with lip balm, so it doesn't seem to cause a problem. (But we have to hide the lip balm!)

TwentiethCenturyGirl Sat 08-Mar-14 21:59:45

We also have a lip balm obsession here. No dribbling but she would spend all day putting Vaseline on if she could. Would that work?

ecuse Sun 09-Mar-14 20:50:32

OMG OMG OMG I've just POAS and it was postitive!!!!!

Although I've pretty much known since yesterday morning (my due date) as my boobs are suddenly enormous and achey and feel exactly like they did before when pg. But still am shaking.

Just put J to bed and waiting for DP to finish some work upstairs and come down so I can break the news. First month - I am in shock! Haven't quite done the maths but I guess due in early/mid November. Bloody hell. I need a stiff drink grin grin grin

RegainingUnconsciousness Mon 10-Mar-14 00:31:23

grin congratulations ecuse! Brilliant news!

Hope your DP was equally excited!

Kittycatcat Mon 10-Mar-14 07:19:53

Awh that's wonderful news ecuse. Congratulations :-) x

ecuse Mon 10-Mar-14 08:41:06

He was excited but a bit flabbergasted grin As J was a happy accident we have no experience of TTC and thought it might take ages.

The only cloud on my horizon is that both my best friend and my cousin are struggling with TTC and having fertility treatment and I think it might make them a bit sad. I know it can't be helped, but I feel sad for them anyway. Fingers crossed by the time I get to 12 weeks they'll have something to announce too.

Happy belated birthday, RU. How's the hair, Fizz? And fingers crossed for movement today, 20th xx

TwentiethCenturyGirl Tue 11-Mar-14 16:03:31

Congratulations ecuse - fab news smile

And in news from me, our new arrival is here! She arrived at the weekend and we're home and doing well. I've added a couple of pics to the FB group. Right, off to cuddle a little scrunched up newborn smile

Kittycatcat Tue 11-Mar-14 16:53:41

Congratulations 20th. She's gorgeous x

Oi Oi! Congrats in order all round! I shall have a wine for you!

Hair is no longer blue <happy dance> it's a chestnut brown and surprisingly not fallen out with all the crap it's been put through. Anyone here use Argan oil? Isit worth using. I feel I should be nice to my hair for a while!

b is complaining of sore knees. Has been for a few weeks. Growing pains? Is there such a thing as growing pains? We have the doctor next week for my hypochondria over his health. So I'll mention it then, but just wondered if anyone else's , nearly 3 year old shock had the same thing.

We have another cold and cough. I think I want him to live in a bubble.

ecuse Tue 11-Mar-14 18:22:54

suh nice news, 20th, the pics are lovely, and beautiful name! Did you know you were having a girl or was it a surprise?

Would love to hear your birth story if you have a minute.

for now, enjoy the snuggles, though

<jealous> <excited> grin

Kittycatcat Tue 11-Mar-14 19:30:02

Fizz my mates son had growing pains at this age so def poss

GreenFirefly Wed 12-Mar-14 09:40:37

Congratulations Twentieth smile another girl. Almost everyone I know (including me) has had girl, girl recently.

And congratulations ecuse smile we were the first month of trying too, I think. It was a bit surprising.

Am I rubbish for not realising that baby A has a tooth? My friend noticed it yesterday as she got her knuckle chewed blush. I hope all the others come through as stealthily grin

M can be trying at the moment. She runs off when she shouldn't - at soft play off into the bar area or back to the front door (what's wrong with the slides? confused), last week tried to join the ladies team on the indoor football pitch. But of course when I want her to run - on the way home from nursery she's dawdling, going into front gardens or just randomly standing in the path. To be fair it's not a big deal really but when i want to get home for some lunch....

NomDeClavier Thu 13-Mar-14 15:08:53

Yay ecuse and congrats twentieth!

Glad the hair is still attached and no longer blue fizz. Hope B's growing pains ease up. We've had some here, at least that's what I've put it down too. Hot wheat bag helps.

We put M on skis for the first time yesterday. Sooooooo cute. And he adored swooping down between daddy's skis smile I've missed skiing so much I think we'll be putting TTC#3 on the shelf until after next year grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now