Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011 - We understand no but we choose to ignore it.

(962 Posts)
ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 18-Jun-13 14:02:40

Welcome Aprilites smile

Kittycatcat Tue 15-Oct-13 19:41:31

Oh and copper. No hormones!

Daisy17 Tue 15-Oct-13 21:09:13

No hormones indeed, that was why I was thinking of giving it a go despite squeamish feelings akin to yours, Nom! Thanks, Kitty, good to hear. Will make appointment tomorrow to talk it through with doctor. Sick bug here, think I'm succumbing next..... sad

Kittycatcat Tue 15-Oct-13 21:25:53

Oh no.
I went to the Margaret nuke family planning clinic. V v v impressed.

RegainingUnconsciousness Tue 15-Oct-13 21:35:16

Hello! How is everyone?

I had a copper coil put in too after F was born. No anaesthetic but it was fine.

I've had one day each period being super fairly heavy, and perhaps the whole thing a day or so longer, but after 2 years it's settling down a bit.

F has regressed with the potty training. We've been using a sticker chart, which has helped. But he's being a bit lazy really. CM assures me it's very common.

(I was observed today: my lesson was "outstanding"! I'm very relieved!)

NomDeClavier Tue 15-Oct-13 21:48:28

Oooon congratulations regaining! I hope you're rewarding yourself suitably. wine

Kittycatcat Tue 15-Oct-13 22:37:19

Well done regaining

RegainingUnconsciousness Wed 16-Oct-13 06:13:37

Thanks! grin
I rewarded myself by going to bed early (except it was accidentally 11pm in the end)

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 16-Oct-13 17:15:46

Well done RU, here is a sticker for your chart for doing so well grin

I'm like you about the coil Nom, however dh has had the all clear after his snip so I don't need to now.

Ds3 is potty trained and very reliable, he even asks to go. Ds2 was surprised about wee and poo coming out of him too Fizz.

I've been quite busy here which is the reason for being AWOL. I've been organising and helping with fundraisers and doing lots of sewing, so haven't spent much time online.

Ds3 is quite a character at pre-school, it's really lovely to see. When I go and pick him up he kisses all the staff goodbye and waves goodbye to the children who are staying. They all wave back and say 'goodbye ds3' and he looks at me with a big grin and says 'they're all my friends mummy'. <melt>

B has croup <yawn>

He is on the mend, during the day he is normal, but as soon as he goes to bed the coughing starts. sad. I've moved the kettle in to his room and bodied it so I doesn't switch off once boiled to get his room steamy.

It been a week since he got ill, but the coughing only started at the weekend. Doc says to keep doing what we are doing but a&e if his breathing is compromised.

In better news, he is actually speaking and making sense! Randomly he said penguin yesterday when an ad came on the tv! And he can say him name! My heart melts. and I'm also slightly relieved because if my friends FB status is to be believed her ds is reciting Shakespeare

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 16-Oct-13 21:13:12

Poor B, croup is nasty so it's good to hear he's on the mend. Fingers crossed you all get some sleep tonight.

Lol @ penguin. They come out with the funniest and most random things grin Glad to hear you feel better about his speech. It's really difficult to keep the faith when seemingly everyone's kids are achieving xyz.

Kittycatcat Wed 16-Oct-13 23:42:18

Yay for b's speech but boo to croup confused

Coil users... Should I still be in pain? It hurts to walk. Not sure if its the coil or a bug. Guessing from the area of the pain it's the coil but I know a few days of cramping is normal. This isn't cramping though...

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 17-Oct-13 17:58:29

How are you today Kitty? I know nothing of coils, but cramps are rather different to not being able to walk <ouch>

Off to book group tonight. The book was SHIT and I didn't bother finishing it. It was one of the No1 ladies detective agency books, zebra was somewhere in the title. The next book is I am Pilgrim, it's an espionage type thriller and it's FAB.

Tomorrow afternoon we're doing a pre-school fundraiser. It's a magic show and disco. Gawd I'm going to have the mother of all headaches after it aren't I?! The kids will be hyper, covered in tattoo's and waving their glo sticks in a super excited frenzy grin

I'm waffling now, what has everyone else been up to?

Kittycatcat Thu 17-Oct-13 18:21:35

I went to the docs. He said its prob just settling and can take 4-6 weeks. Temps normal and no sickness.im wondering if I've picked up a bug. I feel like I've got trapped wind but I don't.

Er good luck tomorrow!!

Still croupy here. But I got a baby hat and mittens knitted this afternoon during his 4hour nap! So every cloud!

YoniHuman Thu 17-Oct-13 19:16:32

Poor B, Croup is horrid. Get Well Soon
Here's a bear for B and wine for Fizz.

GreenFirefly Mon 21-Oct-13 08:35:20

Hope B is better fizz. We've just had a tantrum because I put new shoes on herconfused she's the same with any new clothes buy shoes and coats are worst.

NomDeClavier Mon 21-Oct-13 08:58:39

I understand that green. New shoes are not comfy!

I feel like either the world's worst or the world's best mother having trained DS to play quietly around me while I stay in bed. He woke at 7.30 and came to see me for cuddles. Next thing I know it's 9.15 and he's still playing with his cars and wants breakfast.

GreenFirefly Mon 21-Oct-13 10:55:38

You're right Nominally. I hadn't thought about that, just that the old ones were getting too small.
It's good that M can play independently, he'll need it when the new baby arrives. I just plank M in front of the TV and kid myself that Octonauts is educational hmm

GreenFirefly Mon 21-Oct-13 10:56:26

apologies for my name changing phone Nom.

B Has been in the playroom all morning entertaining himself! I put the radio on and I've heard him dancing! grin

He is much better green, back to work tomorrow! I'm currently internet shopping for Christmas. What's everyone buying this year?

I've so far got B a garage and a scooter.

NomDeClavier Mon 21-Oct-13 11:48:53

Quite like nominally. If noone else has it might pike it....

Baby is getting M a scooter or a bike with stabilisers and a big book of Thomas stories.

We are getting him the entire toy catalogue according to DH. I think he might get a big Duplo or Brio extension pack. He's getting an electric train in his stocking.

JollyScaryGiant Mon 21-Oct-13 13:02:21

H is getting the ELC Big City Wooden garage (£25!!), a Tesco wooden train set, some die cast cars and books about vehicles.

DD is much harder to buy for. She's getting clothes and a couple of vtech toys.

JollyScaryGiant Tue 22-Oct-13 08:32:32
JollyScaryGiant Tue 22-Oct-13 20:55:49

Potty training in chez Jolly commences tomorrow. Can't cope with the conveyor belt of nappy changes any longer so we are just going to go for it! Stickers and chocolate buttons have been purchased.

GlaikitFizZombieFodder Tue 22-Oct-13 21:04:49

Go that book collection last year. Unfortunately, dh left him unsupervised with the box one day when I was out and several of the books were chewed beyond recognition. I was fuming.

However they are his "tories" of choice at bedtime!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now