Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011 - We understand no but we choose to ignore it.

(993 Posts)
ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Tue 18-Jun-13 14:02:40

Welcome Aprilites smile

JollyHappyGiant Wed 04-Sep-13 03:55:37

Good luck MrsW!

GreenFirefly Wed 04-Sep-13 05:12:49

yay MrsW. hope it's an easy labour.
How's it going with you Jolly?
So far so good here, but we could do without M having nightmares between baby feeds.

TwentiethCenturyGirl Wed 04-Sep-13 07:01:40

Eeeeek! How exciting MrsW. Good luck! Hope it's an easy one smile

RegainingUnconsciousness Wed 04-Sep-13 07:27:46

Brilliant! So excited for you MrsW!

Sounds tiring, Green. But you sound fairly upbeat. Well done!

Daisy17 Wed 04-Sep-13 08:06:08

Go go go, MrsW! Impressed you can still type.....wink Will be thinking positive thoughts.

GreenFirefly Wed 04-Sep-13 08:34:30

Well she wanted Daddy smile so DH sat with her for an hour. He's back at work now too and seems to suffer more than me with lack of sleep (no breastfeeding hormones to help wink ). Getting us all up and dressed is a challenge. Can't imagine how early we'll need to get started when I eventually go back to work!

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 04-Sep-13 08:38:02

Whoop whoop MrsW. Strength and cervix dilating vibes coming your way smile

firefly - I remember ds2 having disturbed sleep when ds3 came along. It sometimes felt like they were tag teaming it. It seemed to stop quite quickly though, I always wondered if that was him adjusting to what having a new baby in the house and all the changes it brought.

I am a bloody big bag of nerves this morning (which is why I am on MN, to take my mind off of it). Ds2 starts primary and ds3 has his first session at preschool. It's the first time he's been left with people who aren't family. Ds3 is excited, ds2 is ambivalent , dh left for work with tears brimming and I'm full of nervous energy confused

Kittycatcat Wed 04-Sep-13 19:39:40

Excited mrsw. Hope ur ok. Can't wait to hear ur news

YoniHuman Wed 11-Sep-13 00:55:08

Nearly a full week and no posts, we're slacking ladies. I know MrsW is extremely busy this week grin but what have the rest of us been up too? Personally, I have been leaving (and collecting) a crying DD at preschool for all her visits so far sad and DS is very impressed to no longer be one of the youngest ones at school. Every other sentence seems to contain the words "now I'm in Year One".

TwentiethCenturyGirl Wed 11-Sep-13 04:01:07

I've been wondering where everybody is too!

Bless DS Yoni. Sounds like he's enjoying being a big boy! How have the other school / preschool starters got on this week?

I'm having a bad spell with my sleep at the moment. Been awake for a couple of hours now and just can't get back off again. It's been the same for the last couple of nights and I feel like I'm barely functioning. Think I last had a spell like this when I was still BF. At least I was on mat leave then though. Urgh...

GreenFirefly Wed 11-Sep-13 10:11:48

I was just coming on to post a similar 'how is everyone?', Yoni.

I've mainly had a week of feeding, friends visiting baby A and too much TV for M. Got probably my final midwife appointment ever this afternoon. A had put on 14oz in 8 days last week, wonder if she'll beat that this week. She was driving me crackers yesterday evening, but I think she had wind. In general she's being fab - quick feeds, well spaced out and doesn't mind being put down too much smile
M is still refusing baths sad

Poor DD Yoni - does she enjoy it once she's there? I'm so glad M has been at the same nursery for 18 months and will be there until school, and longer if we use the after school and holiday club. It seems anything new at the moment is met with refusal or strops - even down to a new toothbrush confused

YoniHuman Wed 11-Sep-13 17:43:06

Glad Baby A is settling in well Green My DD has refused to sit down in the bath for about the last 2 months * I decided to ignore it for a while and then last week I sat her down again every single time she stood up. She had a good strop but my stubbornness outlasted hers. grin Now she's quite happy to sit in the bath again.

Sorry to hear you're sleeping badly 20th DS likes us to lie next to him when he goes to sleep but if I nod off too I find it really hard to go back to bed/sleep later on if I've napped. I was still awake at 3am the other day, after a 20min nap at 8pm. I usually try and have at least one early night a week now when I'll have tea with the children instead of waiting for DH and then I go to bed the same time as DS.

DD had her 3rd morning at preschool tomorrow. I think she is enjoying it a bit as she doesn't get upset when I talk about it. She was crying when I left her and again when i picked her up. I was expecting it as she had never been left with anyone else before except for her GPs. As soon as we were out the gate she was happy and waving back to the staff. She has the same keyworker that DS had and I have no worries about the care. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

TwentiethCenturyGirl Thu 12-Sep-13 01:49:52

Sounds like DD3 is doing really well Firefly Long may it continue! Poor M and the bath front though. Is it water in general that she's developed an aversion to or is it restricted to the bath?

Hope DD has a better day at preschool Yoni. What are the staff saying she's like once you've left her?

I'm struggling to sleep again. Went to bed no probs but woke at 12:30 and can't get back off. Things are definitely not being helped by DH heavy breathing next to me! If there was a bed in the spare room I'd be in there! It's so frustrating - I'm exhausted. My eyes are screaming with tiredness. I might go and find myself one of the night owl threads to moan on!

GreenFirefly Thu 12-Sep-13 12:07:20

It's DD2 20th! No plans for a no. 3, thats us done grin.

It's mainly the bath that M doesn't like, but she wouldn't go in the paddling pool either. She will play with the water and toys from the side, just reluctant to immerse herself. Its nearly 4 weeks now and I fear we're just going to have to put her in and keep doing it til she gets used to it again sad bribery with choc buttons didn't even work!

Hope you can get some better sleep soon.

NomDeClavier Thu 12-Sep-13 14:37:28

I've been so, so slack and lost you all. Mea culpa. Perhaps now nursery is back I'll have more time to chat. Or do my pregnancy yoga DVDs and encourage this one to go back to head down. I'm dreading a repeat of the transverse saga.

M is being a PICKLE of the first order about bedtime. We no longer BF (apparently I'm yukky sad) but he just can't lie down and go to sleep, much like T. We've progressed to lying in bed and patting but lying down is a hurdle to overcome every night.

Potty training is going horrifically. I've kind of given up really. He'll sit on potty, not wee, and then wet his nappy. But he doesn't seem to get uncomfortable or bothered if he's not wearing a nappy. Bribery isn't working either, but he's done nothing on the potty for about 3 weeks so he probably doesn't remember it. Any good strategies?!

TwentiethCenturyGirl Thu 12-Sep-13 20:49:28

Errrh, ooops Green! I knew that you've only got two. I blame my sleep deprived state (and the time of night I was posting!) for the mistake!

Sadly no illuminating advice on either front Nom. The only thing I think I've taken from potty training is that it's perhaps just a case of them being ready when they're ready and not before. No help I know!

How much longer have you got now until the arrival of no. 2?

ecuse Fri 13-Sep-13 11:20:51

Hiya - I'm still here too, just lurking. Congrats to MrsW on the new lovely little Ethan. I'm getting quite broody here.

Been in floods of tears this morning - dropped Joanna off with the childminder this morning and shortly to be off to the aiport for a week in Abu Dhabi for work. I am (kind of) looking forward to it, but feeling very sad about leaving my baby for a week. It feels totally wrong sad sad. I went a bit overboard and bought her a little treat for DP to give her every day I am away. He told me I'm a cliche of a working parent!

NomDeClavier Fri 13-Sep-13 11:35:37

Awww ecuse I was in a state when I left DS for 2 nights so I sympathise. The little treat is a lovely idea! And I want your job if it involves trips to Abu Dhabi!!!

No 2 isn't due until December but I'm more worried this time possibly because M's birth went so well and I know it's possible for me to get what I want but they won't let me have it if there's the slightest indication of a problem.

Kittycatcat Fri 13-Sep-13 13:02:51

Hi everyone

Caught up. In the middle of both boys refusing their boiled eggs.confused. Forgot to take my tab last night and its noticeable.
A had his first hair cut this am ready for his FIRST BIRTHDAY Tuesday. Party is Sunday.

ecuse Fri 13-Sep-13 13:18:26

Oh my goodness, kitty, your second is 1??? really must get thinking about No2....

If I were you I would plonk both boys in front of Cebeebies and eat both the boiled eggs myself. But then I am a slummy mummy and a gannet.

Kittycatcat Fri 13-Sep-13 13:46:08

Yeah can you believe it! 2 and 1!

I mixed the eggs with tom to try and get the to eat it. Unsurprisingly they didn't. Now what shall I have...

TwentiethCenturyGirl Fri 13-Sep-13 18:29:13

Mmmm- boiled eggs...

More importantly, how on earth is A two? This year has flown by! And the next couple of months will fly by too. It'll be December and time for number two to arrive before you know it Nom. Are you going to be in France for the birth?

Hope the trip isn't too awful Ecuse. What's the time difference like? Will you be able to Skype?

NomDeClavier Sat 14-Sep-13 19:24:26

Yup no real possibility of going back to the UK in December, twentieth, but feeling a lot better this time round about getting what I want providing baby is in a good position. I know my body can do it and that's a pretty amazing confidence boost already.

I cannot believe A is having his first birthday party tomorrow! I bet S will love it wink

Kittycatcat Sat 14-Sep-13 22:46:41

I'm so excited. Its dear zoo themed. Will put pics on fb

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sun 15-Sep-13 19:24:17

Where did that year go kitty??? I hope you all had a fab time at the party.

School and pre-school are going well for the boys, but strangely I am the busiest I have ever been now they are out of the house more confused I am trying to straighten the house out, do the little jobs I've been meaning to do for the past goodness knows how many years, and selling anything that moves on FB and EBay.

I remember having insomnia between feeds, it was fecking horrid. There's nothing worse than not being able to sleep when you are bone tired. I think I resorted to having the radio on a really low level, and it defo helped. I would listen to that and drift off, rather than lay there obsessing over being awake.

I hope you can enjoy Abu Dhabi ecuse smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now