Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

March 2013 - gurgles, giggles and going on holiday (for some of us at least!)

(996 Posts)
pudtat Tue 04-Jun-13 21:57:52

Will this do? Never started a thread before so hope this works...

previous thread

StormyBrid Sun 21-Jul-13 09:11:12

Beat you to it, plonko, scroll back a bit. smile

Plonkysaurus Sun 21-Jul-13 08:48:21

Ooh we need a new thread. <takes on mantel>

Leni boobs are heavy buggers, I wouldn't be surprised. Rotavirus was never mentioned to us. Oh but I remember you mentioning shrieking a few days back. DS has just come through the other side of a screams phase. It lasted about a fortnight but he's now remembered how to talk to us in a nice way. Thank god!

Last night was awesome - cool enough for a quilted throw and cuddles!

vjhist85 Sun 21-Jul-13 08:48:15

I don't know how to link on my phone but its the first one to come up on amazon, just seen it says 'for dummies with a ring handle' but that's misleading, think when they say ring handle they must mean the nubbin... £3.50 with a teat cover (which is useless to be honest)

In other news, having perused the bra thread for a few weeks, I've just measures myself properly and come out with... A 34JJ... I'm scared now! However, only 3 weeks post bfing, will they shrink more?

StormyBrid Sun 21-Jul-13 08:37:33

I made us a new thread because this one's getting full. We do go on a bit, don't we? New thread here.

LaLaLeni Sun 21-Jul-13 08:25:55

Vj can you link me? The Mam ones I saw all said 'suitable for dummies with handles' which did seem odd as they only do nubbins! Those nubbins are annoying sometimes. DS takes his dummy out with the nubbin as if it were a cigar! Just working on getting him to put it back in now...

Solo night here and must've been up every hour past 11pm confused. Managed a longer spell after 2nd feed at 5.30am until 7.15am but then realised the biggest poo ever had arrived and there was no ignoring it. Still another week before DS's poo is rotavirus-free but not sure if the nurse meant it was a risk to us or to DS?! Anyone else know?

OH's work colleague bought DS a hilarious pair of blue pants with pink bows and pugs on so he's camping it up in those today. Poor child - I may post photos I never got around to after this pumping session is done with.

I put 5 pounds back on since rekindling my breast milk supply - can it all be boob?!

pudtat Sun 21-Jul-13 06:00:30

Slightly late to bed due to mammoth feed (8pm) and slightly later dream feed (11pm) has meant first wake up 5:45! I feel like a new woman!

StormyBrid Sun 21-Jul-13 02:53:34

Well, this is unusual. 2am feed and she's still not back to sleep yet. And the cats have decided it's mad o'clock and are crashing about like a herd of elephants. I predict another knackered and snot-ridden day tomorrow. Hope everyone else is having a better night.

vjhist85 Sat 20-Jul-13 23:00:19

Leni- I've got a mam dummy clip for the 0+, think I got it on amazon? It's got a little hoop thing that clips over the little nubbin with the pattern on (I realise this will make no sense to anyone that hasn't seen a mam dummy, but hope it makes sense to you leni!)

Anypants Sat 20-Jul-13 22:41:02

Think it was just a coincidence worse <raises half a shandy aloft> and Anybaby is well and truly soundo (albeit at a funny angle - I think she prefers to face north). DH is forgiven but, to be fair, he didn't know I was annoyed at him so no harm done grin
More sun tomorrow by the looks of it and a trip to see the wickedwitchofthewest MIL. I think she keeps her heating on all year round.... envy

LaLaLeni Sat 20-Jul-13 22:28:13

Still 25 here. Feels cooler which is nice - DS even went to bed an hour early in a sleeping bag!

I'm all kitted out with a UV buggy cover, Gro Anywhere blinds (agreed they are a royal P.I.T.A. But they help a little and I'm a fixed blind hater!) and a dummy clip I made myself ;) and that holds dummies without handles, which MAMs are. My question is: Why do MAM make dummy clips only for dummies with handles when their 0m+ ones have no bloody handles?!

First day without OH done. Was pretty ok. Will see how tonight/tomorrow morning goes....

SoYo Sat 20-Jul-13 22:23:39

DH has been generally lovely all day & don't the bulk of the DD caring s o he is forgiven. We're on bedtime number 2 here, number 1 didn't last too long. Fingers crossed!

Oh Any rough day sad. Try not to be too hard on DH though, it sounds like Any-baby's just having one of those days. Mini-worse does it to me too. One day she'll be cuddles and smiles, and the next she'll scream all the way into the village, and back, seemingly for the sole reason of showing me up. It's what babies do, and they have no idea why, although if she is screaming and thrashing about then it could be down to a bit of tummy trouble. The hot weather can be a little constipating for small people. Fingers crossed she is now tucked up in her cot, fast asleep, dreaming happy thoughts, and you've got your feet up with wine/tea/mug of cocoa <delete as applicable>

It's been a bit of a grey day here too Stormy, and about time. I caught myself feeling a bit disappointed that the sun wasn't out earlier, but then snapped out of it and remembered that small people do not 'do' summer. At least my small person doesn't. She was well pleased that today's outing required a hat, and a blanket, rather than 59 muslins draped about her pram to keep the sun off. They do rather block the view.

Hope mini-eig is feeling better Eig, and all the recalcitrant DH's have been given the appropriate clips round the ear holes. My DH has done nothing deserving of a clip, yet, today.... but there is still time. I'm betting on snoring later. He's good at that hmm

Anypants Sat 20-Jul-13 19:36:44

Fingers crossed she's tired enough to go straight to sleep in about half an hour...

Anypants Sat 20-Jul-13 19:35:13

Right. We've had screaming at every naptime. Lots if screaming. Then the gymnastics. Not a lot of napping. DH put her down for her nap while I was out but because she cried a bit, he picked her up and sat her in front of the tv for 15 mins. I suspect that is why she is now crying each time. Told him that he should have left her - once in the cot, it's nap time. He's not done it for a while so tried not to put him off by having a go but I hope she's back to normal tomorrow or all my hard work will have been undone sad

StormyBrid Sat 20-Jul-13 14:46:39

We have a tiny bit now, it's glorious. I'm sitting under a parasol getting my knees wet. grin

Anypants Sat 20-Jul-13 13:36:44

Ah, no - Am in the South East. We even had a tiny bit of rain shock

StormyBrid Sat 20-Jul-13 10:58:41

Are you in the northeast too, Any? News this morning was all about continuing heatwave but it's not even twenty degrees here.

Anypants Sat 20-Jul-13 10:39:47

Hah leni - I too have the gro anywhere blind and it's an absolute pain in the ar*e. Not only do you have to do some very precise folding and velcroing but it's only a couple of inches longer than my window meaning I can't use the bottom row of suckers and have to tuck it in, whick does leak a little light if i'm not careful. With the fanlight windows open, light comes in at the top but over her waking up a little early versus sweaty DD, I think it's only going to be a little while before we're back to monsoon season.
Today is surprisingly cool out there, and cloudy. Nice change! Off to the supermarket without DD today - DH finally gets to spend some quality time with her. I can only imagine the wake of devastation I will return to but at least I get a couple of hours off.

StormyBrid Sat 20-Jul-13 08:21:39

Cot bumpers - slight chance of suffocation if they're not securely attached, I would guess. If there's no chance of it falling on his face I'd imagine it'd be fine.

Five hours' sleep acquired. Feeling marginally better for it. DD definitely has this cold though. She's rather pale, red around the eyes and nose, and so snotty it's affecting her drinking. How long do baby colds typically last?

LaLaLeni Sat 20-Jul-13 07:21:27

Sorry for double post there! Forgot to say - the Arms Reach co-sleeper cot is meant to last the first 6 months but i'm looking from the side and it's literally bowing in the middle... DS jams himself into the sides so maybe we'll need to make a move to the big cot bed even before we move.

Cot bumpers - thoughts ladies? Heard they are risky but they're sold in all the baby shops. Did find these though:

http://www.safedreams.co.uk/shop/

LaLaLeni Sat 20-Jul-13 07:15:36

Pud Yes with the hair!! The bath plughole is a gonner. I was a huge shedder before but this is ridiculous. DS is always munching on it too, yuck. Soyo I did similar OH ranting yesterday eve, he's now buggered off to Torquay and DS was up at 12am, 1am, 2am etc etc.... So I'm in for a rocky ride. Deciding if it's worth having a day or two on less domperidone just so I don't fall asleep and something awful doesn't happen... Got someone viewing the flat at 1pm today, convenient timing (not) and feels weird as I've loved this place. I did do more than half my labour here after all!

Anyone else find lenders shit at paperwork? Nationwide emailed my employer (also a lender) for my reference and then apparently just don't check the inbox for a reply because obviously that requires a special effort right? They just expected a faxed reply (my employer don't use fax anymore as it's unsecure and belongs in the nineties). My employer say they can only respond via the method tge request was sent by etc etc blah. So I'm being a go-between despite both refusing to reveal what was in the reference so I'm not even sure what we're discussing. I hope to god they don't decide it's not got the info they need in it because my employer send out a standard template which they never deviate from so I'm screwed if they reject it shock

Bought some Gro Anywhere blackout blinds, the ones with suckers. Whoever designed these didn't count on people ever needing the windows to open....

LaLaLeni Sat 20-Jul-13 07:15:22

Pud Yes with the hair!! The bath plughole is a gonner. I was a huge shedder before but this is ridiculous. DS is always munching on it too, yuck. Soyo I did similar OH ranting yesterday eve, he's now buggered off to Torquay and DS was up at 12am, 1am, 2am etc etc.... So I'm in for a rocky ride. Deciding if it's worth having a day or two on less domperidone just so I don't fall asleep and something awful doesn't happen... Got someone viewing the flat at 1pm today, convenient timing (not) and feels weird as I've loved this place. I did do more than half my labour here after all!

Anyone else find lenders shit at paperwork? Nationwide emailed my employer (also a lender) for my reference and then apparently just don't check the inbox for a reply because obviously that requires a special effort right? They just expected a faxed reply (my employer don't use fax anymore as it's unsecure and belongs in the nineties). My employer say they can only respond via the method tge request was sent by etc etc blah. So I'm being a go-between despite both refusing to reveal what was in the reference so I'm not even sure what we're discussing. I hope to god they don't decide it's not got the info they need in it because my employer send out a standard template which they never deviate from so I'm screwed if they reject it shock

Bought some Gro Anywhere blackout blinds, the ones with suckers. Whoever designed these didn't count on people ever needing the windows to open....

pudtat Sat 20-Jul-13 04:35:48

Aw Soyo. Not least it must have been a worry to just not hear anything, never mind the other implications. Hope he gets the idea that life doesn't just continue as before now and if he wants time for his stuff he has to be considerate of BOTH of you.

Sleep well Stormy!

So, industrial mojito making eh? That'd be a blow...

SoYo Fri 19-Jul-13 23:54:49

And he's back....nearly 5hrs late finishing. I was all set to be calm but he got arsey with me when I asked why he hasn't got in touch & that was it....he can consider himself well and truly chastised. He got a full list of his current shortcomings as husband and father ( I did throw in the 2 things he's doing well though just so it was a balanced discussion). I feel much better for it & I'm off to bed. Madam will be awake any minute!

StormyBrid Fri 19-Jul-13 23:17:22

Fingers crossed for option b.

Scrounge successful. Alarm still going off. Number Three's housebound cat sitting in the window yowling. Don't even care. Sleeeeep...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now