Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jan 2013 Part 4: More noises, movements and more sleep?! Hmmmm

(1000 Posts)
happyhow Tue 28-May-13 17:58:19

New thread!

I leave B during the night until he's making persistent noise - I don't usually wake up til then anyway! He's always wide awake; he's never done the dream feed thing. I tickle under his neck or blow gently on his face to keep him awake...

He's still in with us but will be going in his own room once his blackout blind arrives and we've given it a good Hoover. Probably in the next week or so.

B is still mostly in 0-3 clothes shock. I've started putting him in 3-6 vests but his other things mostly look far too big on him still (he's 19weeks). Sainsburys stuff is bigger though, as is Asda.

Hubby has taken B out for a long walk so that I can get some of this marking done. Bailey seemed to think that 3 15min naps today was acceptable so he's been doing my head in and I've gotten absolutely nothing done. He's just point blank refused to sleep today.

lollipoppi Fri 02-Aug-13 10:20:06

grin Pascha! I've told DP to go for the snip as I keep forgetting to take my stupid pill!

Just put DD down for nap and the fecking bin men just turned up and woke her confused

Off to brave the supermarket with 2 kids today, always ends in disaster ... Wish me luck !

Pascha Fri 02-Aug-13 10:36:43

The only time I venture to the supermarket with both children is when we just need one thing and I can sit down and have lunch in the cafe as well. No way on earth would I consider doing the weeks shopping with them both in tow.

Dan currently demolishing melon slices. DS1 is steadfastly ignoring his. <sigh>

Loveitall Fri 02-Aug-13 11:38:30

I left ds at home with hubby while I went shopping this morning. He is not himself this morning, very clingy and Whingy and I suspect we are starting teething...that or under the weather...time will tell!

pascha ivy is doing this at night too. Can't move her out as don't really trust dd1 at the mo but also there is too mych goibf on during day so she is only havibg full bf at night. Was up3x last night sad

In other news dp has taken 3 dc to cinema! I have tidied etc and fed ivy. Now we are enjoying the peace and ivy is enjoying havibg some space to pkay without lots of heads in the way! smile

lollipoppi Fri 02-Aug-13 14:20:20

Well I just about survived! Not something I wish to repeat!

Apple glad DH got his arse in gear! Enjoy the peace smile

Loveitall hope it's teething and he's not coming down with something! Actually I'm not sure what's worse!

We have crawling! It's a bizarre crawl, but it is crawling. She pushes up into a plank, shuffles her knees forward, then her hands.

Sleeping still shite. I should maybe just update when/if it improves. She hasn't had a second nap yet as when I put her down asleep, I had to peel her off me (yum), and she woke and wouldn't resettle.

Am thoroughly fed up and have been in tears today. I tried cc again, but she just howled, and got so upset her wee arms were shaking as she held them out to be picked up sad she also howls when I try just patting/stroking her to sleep in her cot.

sad

Thanks, pascha. Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm back at work in 10 days, part time from home thank god, but even then I struggle to see how I'm going to do it when she's this bad.

lollipoppi Fri 02-Aug-13 16:14:52

Ah sorry it's been shitty Bunty hmm
No helpful advise but brewwine and sympathy

Any way of going out for a walk to get her to nap? Fresh air may do you good too, I always find it helps on a bad day and it makes bed time come round quicker
Is she teething?

Thanks, lolli. We live on a farm in the back of beyond with no roads, and with ds, getting out for a walk is nigh on impossible due to the logistics of bundling everyone/everything in the car. However, we have survived, dh is home, and she is going for her shower and then to bed. I hope. We had fun with blw for dinner - tomato pasta everywhere. She is excellent with food.

I wish she was teething, just so there was an actual reason, but still no teeth.

Lora1982 Fri 02-Aug-13 18:57:41

Im not sure if im doing this weaning malarky right. I know they still get most of the nutrients they need from milk for the first year. So ive been doing boob before food. He'll only have about 3-4 mins boob, I wait about an hour before offering food which he'll eat loads of.

Perhaps its just cos he's not constantly on me now, it used to be about an hour feeding him. He's certainly no skinny majig though so I know he's ok but im worried he's not having enough milk. The poos arent hard but he seems to struggle to get them out. Should I go back to two dinners a day do you think?

Meringue33 Fri 02-Aug-13 19:25:15

Ouch! Just had first bitten nipple hmm

Angielka Fri 02-Aug-13 19:46:53

OOh, I sympathise meringue Molly drew blood when her teeth just came through. Thanksfully that was the first and last time she did that shock

I have just been slapped though hmm. I was feeding M on the bed and she had her hand on my shoulder. Halfway through, her hand slipped and it landed thwack on my cheek. Made quite a noise. Didn't stop her guzzling though hmm.

Sorry abut the shittiness of it all Bunty. At least weaning is going well!

DD1 has just appeared at her window. Back to bed with you!

Angielka Fri 02-Aug-13 20:22:35

where was I...? yeah, Lora I find I'm feeding Molly much less than before, well it's taking much less time than before, but she seems to be taking loads despite that and I'm producing loads because it squirts if she comes off mid-flow. Think they're just efficient at feeding now. Good for him if the food's going down well. They know better than us what they need I reckon.

apple hope you enjoyed your down time. Funny to think that being at home with the baby is a rest isn't it?!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Loveitall Fri 02-Aug-13 20:59:14

I have a feeling my little man is teething, nothing appearing yet but he is lot more grizzly than normal and a little bump in his bottom gum.

He is enjoying weaning, someone yesterday mentioned about giving their little one a spoon as well so they weren't grabbing theirs, has worked a treat for him, he is no longer trying to wrestle the spoon out of my hand he is happy with his own..hurrah!

Break this morning was great! angie i was thinking at the time how odd it is that that wss a break! Paying for it now though as dd1 is back to her tricks messing about. She has been greatish recently but just won't settle tonight sad

loveit sounds like you will have a tooth soon!

meringue hurts don't it?! Ivy still bites sometimes, not so much now though.

Am trying to give more solids now, aiming for 3x a day but as still mostly bf i feel like all i do is feed her! But she is distracted on boob now so it takes ages of her bobbing off and on hmm

<suddenly realises why dd1 being a pain> <doh>

She also rolled over onto her front today but dp didn't notice til i came in and pointed out she was almost under the sofa shock he thought she was just shouting ar her toys!

CreepyCrawly Fri 02-Aug-13 21:27:14

I thought there was teething happening here too, but still no sign.

They're ok to sleep on their bellies now aren't they? Nancy's been having real trouble settling herself the last few weeks but she's just woken up and rolled on to her side then belly and is sound asleep again now

Sorry meant to say sorry sleep so crap bunty. I really hope you get a better night tonight. Yay on the eating though smile

CreepyCrawly Fri 02-Aug-13 21:31:22

Pleased you had a break apple. Nancy is the same when I'm trying to feed her. The last few nights, we've shut the dog in the kitchen, dimmed the light and DH has read his book out loud. Seems to be working for now!

Not looking forward to biting! I thought she was teething but still no sign of anything.

Seperation anxiety is a definite thing now though. I can't do anything!

creepy i think once they are able to move themselves around so much its not a problem as they are able to move if they need to IYSWIM

Snap creepy! She cries anytime i leave the room, dp a bit put out. I feel like i can't escape!

CreepyCrawly Fri 02-Aug-13 21:41:15

That's ok then, I'll leave her as she is.

It's quite sweet that we mean so much to them, but it's frustrating at the same time. She was sat in her chair in the bathroom while I showered yesterday and even that was too far away apparently.

Fingers crossed for good nights tonight!

Loveitall Fri 02-Aug-13 23:26:43

Ds has been choosing his belly to sleep on since he figured rolling over....hated it to begin with but now am accepting that this is just his favoured position

glorious Sat 03-Aug-13 05:36:50

bunty I feel your pain, mine won't sleep either sad She's generally quite happy at night, just wants to play. I've had enough of it too, especially as she very very occasionally does sleep ok so I know she can.

She's enjoying playing with her food now we've started but not much is going in yet.

lollipoppi Sat 03-Aug-13 08:09:05

Creepy same here!!
I feel like she is permanently attached to me at the mo, which DS is getting a little jealous of hmm

DD absolutely loves DS it's so cute to watch, she laughs at him if he so much as looks at her!

Ouch on the nip biting! shock

She used to sleep now she trundles around the cot wingeing and crying confused

<wails> i'm tired sad

And i'm covered in her wheetabix <cries>

Pascha Sat 03-Aug-13 09:52:11

New Thread

Trying to stop Dan tipping the plate on his head. Chat later...

This thread is not accepting new messages.