Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Jan 2013 Part 4: More noises, movements and more sleep?! Hmmmm

(1000 Posts)
happyhow Tue 28-May-13 17:58:19

New thread!

I leave B during the night until he's making persistent noise - I don't usually wake up til then anyway! He's always wide awake; he's never done the dream feed thing. I tickle under his neck or blow gently on his face to keep him awake...

He's still in with us but will be going in his own room once his blackout blind arrives and we've given it a good Hoover. Probably in the next week or so.

B is still mostly in 0-3 clothes shock. I've started putting him in 3-6 vests but his other things mostly look far too big on him still (he's 19weeks). Sainsburys stuff is bigger though, as is Asda.

Hubby has taken B out for a long walk so that I can get some of this marking done. Bailey seemed to think that 3 15min naps today was acceptable so he's been doing my head in and I've gotten absolutely nothing done. He's just point blank refused to sleep today.

Lora1982 Tue 09-Jul-13 23:22:44

Ive got a load of bananas good job he likes them, I'll have to time it so they go to work at about 2pm when max gets back :-D

Meringue33 Wed 10-Jul-13 03:53:58

Aw Lora
I find that I am loving our LO more and more each day smile
Christening went great
Enjoying time with friends & family in sun

happyhow Wed 10-Jul-13 04:04:28

I've been feeding B for an hour and a half now. He's high as a kite....

octanegirl Wed 10-Jul-13 11:02:31

Ah Lora that's so sweet. I have to confess I didn't know there was love like this till I had mine. Amazing smile

mrsbugsywugsy Wed 10-Jul-13 15:02:14

that's so sweet * lora*

dd has the same problem as dexter and I was told to avoid bananas as they can make it worse. I put prunes in her porridge this morning so we'll see if that helps

CreepyCrawly Wed 10-Jul-13 15:55:13

There really is nothing like it is there? And, like you say meringue, you love them more everyday.

We've been hiding in the house today. Nancy's in her jumperoo and finally looks an acceptable size for it. She's loving it now too. I think the spiny thing is her favourite. If she spins it, she'll watch it until it stops. If I spin it, she stops it straight away..

Lora1982 Wed 10-Jul-13 16:59:52

Oops ive given him two bananas today in the hopes it helps. He did a boulder which made him cry so hopefully that was the blockage. Prunes are not allowed in my house yuck. Surely he shouldnt be so bunged though cos all I give him is fruit and porridge.

In other news he's going to the seaside in august to eat sand and get even more bunged up

lollipoppi Wed 10-Jul-13 19:55:23

DD has joined the jumperoo club! I found a bargain one on gumtree for £25 and she loves it!
It's been a bit cooler here today so been out for a nice walk.

DP had an op yesterday, I feel like I've looked after 3 children today smile

Lora that's so sweet, it's amazing isn't it!

Birdies Wed 10-Jul-13 19:59:24

I always thought bananas caused constipation and tummy ache!

Birdies Wed 10-Jul-13 20:03:16

Oops posted too soon. Was gonna say I put 2 puréed prunes in DD1s porridge every morning as otherwise she gets constipated. Works a treat. I do a batch every couple of weeks and freeze them in little pots.

DD1 is now playing with X which is really lovely to see (glared at her the first few months smile)

How is the person who had the tummy bug (can't remember who!)?

AppleCrumples Wed 10-Jul-13 21:39:19

Re the bananas ds1 used to refuse to poo on the potty but i found he couldn't fight the banana effect! Raisins work too but obviously not for 6 mo!

Ivy bit herself earlier by accident whilst chewing her hand hmm she cried. The top 2 arw still coming in and shes just madly chewing everything, poor thing sad

birdies its lovely when older dcs start to form that relationship with younger siblings. Ds2 was sweetly showing Ivy how to play with cars earlier smile

lolli hope dp is feeling better.

Theres nothing lovelier than falling in love with these little people. I still have to go and watch my older dcs sleep before i go to bed.

Lora1982 Wed 10-Jul-13 22:09:11

Lolli did she sit in the jumperoo with a "what on earth?!" Expression on or did she go for it straight away? Love dumping him in there for my breaks!

So apparently peas and pears help blocked upness so much to dps disgust I will be purchasing peas (he hates them) and I might go the whole hog and dress him in his pea top.

Is pear an ok thing to mix in porridge? Im sure it cant be wrong...

glorious Thu 11-Jul-13 03:55:45

Oh dear. Tonight DD has totally refused to sleep in the travel cot. I decided to have a glass of champagne with dinner so we can't co sleep. So DD is on the mattress on the floor. I tried to settle her 8-10, fed 10-11 then DH watched her 11-330 (french tine) and now I am. Never having wine on holiday again sad. On the plus side 11-330 is the longest stretch of sleep I've had in ages!

octanegirl Thu 11-Jul-13 05:30:54

Insomnia...he woke up at 4.45 for a feed and went right back to sleep but I'm wide awake. Happens a lot to me on any wakeup after about 4am.

On the plus side we have ROLLING! He went from back to front yesterday about ten times, but only to the right. It's very cute and he's obviously quite pleased with himself.

Who has their babies in a separate room now? I'm thinking its probably about time. But I'll miss his little face sleeping in the cot next to the bed....

Angielka Thu 11-Jul-13 07:50:35

Hello from France from me too! Hope the non-pooing babies get sorted out soon. A little prune goes a long way wink.

We have a tooth! French baguette seems to have coaxed it out. On the down side, I feel it when she feeds sometimes and she has nipped on occasion shock.

DD1 has decided that now is the time for potty training, which is pretty good when we spend most time in the garden and on the beach, but maybe doesn't make for the most relaxing holiday...

Tugstonia Thu 11-Jul-13 09:08:14

Morning all,
Hope those on hols are having lovely times, apart from the not sleeping glorious. Is she a good daytime napper? Hope so.
We're off to the seaside today to stay with my sister for a few days. Hope it's sunny so we can hang out on the beach. DD will be going in the travel cot so that could be interesting. So far she's managed maximum 3 hours in her new proper cot before I give in and bring her into bed with me. (When I say bed, I mean a junior mattress on the floor beside her cot grin)
Gave DD some mango yesterday and since then her poo has been bright green with leafy spinach consistency - WTF?! Anyone else had weird green poo?
No teeth or rolling here but she's sitting up on her own pretty well now.
Lolli hope your DP is ok and recovers soon smile 3 kids on your own can't be easy.

Wuxiapian Thu 11-Jul-13 10:42:26

Hi, girls!

Been drifting in and out and I'm now on the antenatal March '04 thread! Wahoo!

Bubs is still only sleeping 9/10pm until 4/5am - I'm putting it down to the light mornings, so pretty knackered these days...

I was advised by HV to give 23 week old bubs Weetabix for breakfast and he loves it! So, he's on that and a couple sppons of puréed fruit in the afternoon.

Just wondering: when do you stop sterilising the bottles?

lollipoppi Thu 11-Jul-13 10:58:50

tugs I have 2 DC's - DP is the 3rd grin

wuxi congratulations!!!

Another hot one here today! Just sat in the garden while DD has a snooze, DS1 is at nursery today, it's just round the corner and I can hear them all doing the hokey kokey smile

Wuxiapian Thu 11-Jul-13 13:14:26

Thank you, lolli!

Your afternoon sounds like bliss - must be lovely hearing them sing. I'm sitting on couch for 10, while bubs is in Jumperoo, then it's back to the dusting and hoovering - no more putting it off! Tut.

Bubs has 2 bottom teeth, is rolling about, am trying to use bumbo-type seat, but he likes it not one bit.

Lora1982 Thu 11-Jul-13 13:39:14

Wux shock and congratz

Meringue33 Thu 11-Jul-13 14:34:32

Congrats Wux

Hope you're enjoying your hols Glorious and Angie

We are having a right screamy day here... But I'm pretty certain that what he is doing is crawling. It's not very coordinated but it is moving on all fours in a forwardly direction, dragging his toys along.

Tugs the poo here is mental since we started introducing solids. DP yesterday: "His poo was like a small perfectly round falafel!"

CreepyCrawly Thu 11-Jul-13 15:16:12

Congratulations wux

Wow on the crawling meringue! Nancy got one leg into position for it this morning.

She's refused to nap the last few days, and has also refused to go to bed until after 9 for the last week and she's waking at 3 for a feed now. I'm blaming the weather <shakes fist at sun>

Lora1982 Thu 11-Jul-13 16:35:25

Crawling?! Wow exciting stuff. No sign of that or rolling here.

Purchased prunes pears n peas to make him poo easier. May even let a prune pass my lips see what its like. Its not like I can just mash him some food we have cos we eat terribly boost bars and pizza

Pascha Thu 11-Jul-13 16:57:35

Crawling? Exciting! D shuffles backwards on his tummy all round the room but thats because of the swimming movements he makes with his legs while his arms hold him up on his tummy. He can sit well and is currently in the inflatable ring whinging up at me while I do tea.

Congratulations Wux! rather you than me.

Very boring day here, at home pottering about in the breeze. Not all that warm really. I'm very envy of those of us on holiday. None of that for us this year at least.

Pascha Thu 11-Jul-13 16:59:13

Oh yeah, I've pretty much stopped sterilising but not such a problem with bf bottles I think. Also bottle and pump bits go in the dishwasher every night when used so I thunk that does the job well enough.

This thread is not accepting new messages.