Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What to wear following birth?

(11 Posts)
Want2bSupermum Thu 20-Jun-13 02:41:30

I wore DH's clothes and yoga pants. Don't bother buying anything until you get past the first two weeks. With my first I lost 35 of the 40lbs I gained within the first two weeks but have really struggled with losing weight after my second. He is almost 4 months old and I bought a treadmill so I can work out at home.

burberryqueen Sun 26-May-13 10:24:34

I liked big and crispy men's shirts and tracky bottoms.....

Lost another couple of pounds today. Hoping once my huge elephant legs go down ill lose some more. Treated myself to some non clingy cheap maxi dresses so feeling a bit better about the post baby wobbles.

AmandaCooper Fri 24-May-13 09:12:39

I wouldn't go mad buying new stuff. I walked around dressed like a bag lady for a few days post birth, unexpectedly I got quite a bit of extra wear out of my maternity tankini top! But I was soon getting into some of my larger normal clothes so I'm glad I didn't spend any money.

googietheegg Fri 24-May-13 08:52:00

I bought a few pairs of navy yoga pants from tesco, with navy Breton tops to go with them so I basically wore the same stuff for a few weeks!

This weather doesn't help as its hard to know what to wear as it is. I have ordered some jog pants from next for a start. Hope they fit

HadALittleFaithBaby Thu 23-May-13 21:31:44

I have been wearing joggers a size bigger than my normal. I got a couple of cheap pairs from Sports direct for about £7 a pair. Really comfy and the beauty is they're comfy enough to sleep in if you do get chance to crawl into bed for a nap! smile

At 3 days I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy anything as you'll shrink down a lot in a few days. I just wore things with a draw string waist, or jersey tracksuits. After a week or so I was back into normal clothes, but with a slightly bigger waist.

I wasn't as stressed about it last time but as Ive looked better all pregnancy than previous ones I want to look half decent now.

Thanks for the tip about Marks we have one close so I might pop in and get a few essentials. smile

SeashellHoarder Thu 23-May-13 07:51:29

Hi beautician, this is such a thing, isn't it? I felt so uncomfOrtable after dd1, am now dreading the same with dd2 due in August.
For the first week I wore only pijamas and did not leave the house.
Then I invested in some nice cotton shirts and light trousers 3 sizes bigger than my pre-pregnancy size. I found anything close fitting or tight was uncomfortable.
Marks and Spencer's are a good bet.
Hth

Hi anyone else struggling with this?

I had ds3 only three days ago. I didn't go mad on maternity wear this time and I'm really struggling on what to wear. Pre ds I was a size 10. I'm currently weighing 11stone 10 sad. Everything looks awful my milk came in today and I can hardly stand to wear a bra let alone anything over the top. My legs are like elephants legs swollen from thigh to foot and my belly is a big bag of flab.

What do you wear post birth? I don't need nursing tops as I'm formula feeding but I am going to have to invest in a few key pieces

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now