Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Dec 2011: Running around after our Cybermidgets...

(999 Posts)
Aethelfleda Tue 14-May-13 14:13:51

Roll up, roll up, it's the Dec 11 new thread.
Prepare to be upgraded (if you can catch them!)

PerilousStiletto Fri 26-Jul-13 15:07:19

(Bit not bug!)

mopsytop Fri 26-Jul-13 15:30:51

well that's reassuring peril and I think splitting accts defs the sensible thing to do, especially credit accts.

Aethelfleda Fri 26-Jul-13 17:59:31

Well done peril that sounds very positive. I think you're being very sensible about protecting Boi and you really are trying all options to see if you guys have a practical future together. Have a Golden Tribble.

queenie: I recommend boozy cupcakes (just a drop in the icing). Gin. Cointreau. Baileys. You know you want to.

Day went well but all DC now gently approaching meltdown (and DH working late tonight.) Joy.

<hides under kitchen table and contemplates cotting the lot of them>

Figgygal Fri 26-Jul-13 20:00:10

DS been busy today no wonder he needed 2.5hrs sleep we've shopped we've swam we've shopped again been to see pigs at local farm shop where nice biscuits were purchased and he's been to the artificial beach (huge sandpit) in town where he refused to walk in the sand without me holding his hands as he hates his feet getting dirty precious little beggar.

Was my works summer do tonight posh members club sun terrace, hog roast, free drinks and I've binned it off for dinner with dh a movie and a bottle of wine I've changed I'd usually be falling over myself to get to a free bar grin

CheungFun Fri 26-Jul-13 20:03:58

I like all things sweet! I love the suggestion of alcoholic ones [grins]

Glad you've got a bit more information now Peril, hope this weekend goes well.

Sounds great Figgy! We're still watching West Wing & just started watching Breaking Bad, don't know what we'll do when we've finished all the series!

QueenofClean Fri 26-Jul-13 20:13:40

Baileys one sounds good so does a Cointreau (sp)

Faffin Fri 26-Jul-13 20:40:12

Had a shit say today. Won't bore you with the details. At least the forecast for tomorrow looks far more pleasant for racing in! Here's to a good weekend for us all

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 26-Jul-13 21:04:42

Good luck tomorrow faffin, sorry you've had a bad day.

queen how's Darcie now?

DD2 has been sleepy all day and not feeding much. She's been miserable since 5:30, just had a better feed but still crying.

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 26-Jul-13 21:06:23

Chocolate cupcakes with Tia Maria or Cointreau icing.

QueenofClean Fri 26-Jul-13 21:09:00

Seven I'll try the choc cupcake with Cointreau icing smile

Darcie much better this evening thanks. Fx will be closer to full health tomorrow. Hope DD2 settles ok tonight x

mopsytop Fri 26-Jul-13 21:52:19

Feck the icing. Just pour it in a glass. Mmm ... might just go do so right now!

QueenofClean Sat 27-Jul-13 07:39:54

Mopsy hope you enjoyed your glass

Little Lady Sky can count to 10 grin

Figgygal Sat 27-Jul-13 08:34:21

Count to 10 shock DS can't count at all he's still just a runner climber and non conversant kind of a kid!!

Figgygal Sat 27-Jul-13 17:50:20

DS is driving me crackers today was up 5.45 he's eaten all day after brekfast between rice cakes fruit more fruit a scrambled egg and toast lunch time and more food shock he whingey for an hour as wouldn't put tv on bashed his head multiple times wouldn't sit in bath just now was leaping into the air both feet off the ground splashing water everywhere throwing it over side refusing all nappy changes I have a stinking headache listening to him shriek and whine all day .......thankfully these r few and far between days

QueenofClean Sat 27-Jul-13 18:24:19

Hope Figgyboy settles well tonight.

Sky went for poop on potty again today smile My clever girl who can count to 10 and say A-E grin

CheungFun Sat 27-Jul-13 20:37:41

Oh no one of those days Figgy!

Queen that's amazing! I think it's true what they say about girls being quicker to talk!

I went out driving today with DH (DS had his afternoon nap in the back whilst I practised reverse bay parking!). I found driving DH's car much better this time, I knew what to expect with the clutch! I also had some practice on some busy roundabouts, I'm a bit nervous on busy roundabouts with lots of lanes, but DH was really calm and talked me through as we did it.

I almost got through without stalling, but driving up our road with cars parked on both sides and two kids playing in the road on scooters I did end up stalling doh!

Tomorrow I'm going to drive us to Tesco for the weekly shop which will involve driving along a country road but very busy with cyclists and other vehicles, two big roundabouts and a dual carriageway...eek!

Faffin Sat 27-Jul-13 21:35:30

I am home and I am alive! Swim and bike were fine, then had a disaster on the run. First my legs wouldn't work, then got massive stitches, then lungs complained (fortunately had my inhaler with me), so I mostly walked. Suffice to say it wasn't a quick time, but I made it smile. Would probably have given up if it wasn't for my fabulous little cheer squad!

mopsytop Sat 27-Jul-13 21:43:15

Wow congrats faffin! You made it! You should be really proud. Good work!

QueenofClean Sat 27-Jul-13 22:03:27

Congrats Faffin grin you did better than I ever could.

Darcie attended her first hen do with me tonight and loved it but now safely tucked up in bed asleep ready for her swimming lesson then it's off to Brownie camp till midday Friday...I'll miss her like crazy.

OctopusWrangler Sat 27-Jul-13 22:24:57

Well done faffin, that's a hell of an achievementsmile

peril I have pesky pompoms for you!

Aethelfleda Sun 28-Jul-13 08:36:02

<yawns>

Donated blood for the first time in 2 years (last time I found out I was pg three days afterwards!) I am shattered this morning.....

Hope ppl are coping with the humid/rainy weather.

Oh and DS can count to fifty, speak Mandarin and Portugese and play the violin. Honest. wink

OctopusWrangler Sun 28-Jul-13 08:56:08

It's cooler here today, which is lovely! I was going to do some gardening but it rained all night so the grass is too soggy, which is also lovely.

There will be lots of coffee going on at some point, as Boo has been awake four hours and Octoboy is in a grumpy whining mood. Squidge is sleeping off whatever made her hurl spectacularly last night. Fun times!

Xiaoxiong Sun 28-Jul-13 12:23:47

Just checking in <waves> - work and related travel has been all consuming but I had a gestational diabetes test on Friday - two hours of enforced sitting in one place so I could catch up on the thread!!

a hug for peril and I'm glad the solicitor gave such clear advice
a mug of joe and some choc covered coffee beans for octo and some paracetamol for figgy's headache
a wave and hope for a nap to aethel
a pompom or two for faffin
a smile for queen because it sounds like Darcie is doing great heath and emotional-wise - I like red velvet cupcakes but my local cupcake shop also does cupcakes with a dollop of mincemeat in the middle and brandy butter icing around christmas time which are delish
a cheer for cheung doing so well at driving - women make the best drivers, just ask the insurers
a wave for seven and hope your finger's better

I'm here for another piece of worry/advice. When DH got a banjo this weekend (to join his mandolin, banjolele, ukelele, saxophone, clarinet and piano, all of which he can and regularly does play to a professional standard the bastard ) we also got DS a baby-size knee harp.

Anyway DH and I tuned it to pentatonic for him and were sitting together playing it with DS and it was like this perfect wonderful cliche family moment, I suddenly got this massive gust of angst. WHAT ARE WE DOING?? WHY are we having another baby so soon when DS is just the most WONDERFUL PFB and how could we possibly wish to introduce a new kid to compete for attention so we spend LESS time with him and are we about to RUIN HIS LIFE??

Please tell me that the heat has just gone to my head or it's pregnancy hormones or PFBitis... I know I will love both children but does anyone very very secretly sometimes wish they'd stuck at one? (Never ever to be admitted to children, family or friends of course!)

Faffin Sun 28-Jul-13 13:04:08

Xiao I'm not going to lie, there were sleep deprived moments early on when DS was small when I wondered what on earth we'd done having him, and with such a small age gap. But I don't regret it for a second. They're both amazing, there's plenty of love and attention for them both, and if anything I think they've benefited fromhaving each other around.

Something that did help, especially early on, was having DD in nursery two days a week. She got more attention and to do fun things at a time when I was knackered and had DS permanently attached to a boob, and I also got some one on one time with DS, which was a relative rest too.

Those Christmas cupcakes sound amazing. I feel festive just reading about them!

QueenofClean Sun 28-Jul-13 13:17:30

Xiao I think everyone does at some point or another but you'll love both children no matter what smile

DH asked about mincemeat ones...will look at the brandy butter to add also.

Am going to work on Choc & mint & Strawberry Jaffa cake Cuppys too.

All these ideas are fab ladies thanks grin

Darcie had a perfect first level 5 swimming lesson according to her swim coach this morning so really proud. She's off to Brownie camp for 5 nights shortly and am going to miss her like crazy sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now