Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012: Sunshine, saliva & sleeping more...we hope!

(991 Posts)
WeeJo08 Mon 06-May-13 20:25:32

New thread ladies grin

We're at bluewater grin just bought some new jeans dp is buying a suit and even in his buggy ds will only sleep on his tummy hmm

Also had an awfully fidgety feeding session...

IsThatTrue Sat 11-May-13 13:16:57

I can no longer eat biscuits while feeding coz DS is too interested in my biscuits sad grin

Barbeasty Sat 11-May-13 14:10:09

Oops. DD was getting in the way, scooting around the kitchen trying to show DH how good she is at it now.

So I suggested they scoot to a pub about a mile away.

Off they went, her in her all-in-one waterproof, him in a coat.

I'm sitting in front of the tv, cup of tea in hand, watching the absolute deluge with hale!

Wonder when the phone call asking for a lift will come!

Stacks Sat 11-May-13 15:52:42

DH has had T all day since 7am (though he's had the luxury of 2 hot cups of tea and proper breaks while I've fed him). He just said "oh god, it's a 3 day weekend". I'm glad he understands a bit more now (and that he has Monday off too to cement that understanding). smile

Back from shopping. Feet hurt but I got lots of new clothes grin

Ds was an angel and didn't moan once I suppose he just gets bored at home sad can't wait to see dd's face when I give her the present I bought her smile

SkiBunnnnny Sat 11-May-13 18:06:44

Good that you got to treat yourself to some nice new clothes spotty, and hope dd likes her present.

Haha, stacks, good that he has a better understanding now! While I was in hospital SIL overheard a conversation between DH and BIL saying they don't know how we do it every day, made both of us smile.

It was my birthday yesterday and we went to a wildlife park. Had a lovely time but it was very hot and DS got a bit grumpy. Planning a girls night soon once my stomach is feeling better.

DS seems to be back on 2-3 hourly feedings through the night again which is a pain since I was used to a 5-6 hour stretch. I think my supply just isn't up to giving him enough in the day time yet. On the bright side, he is getting much better at settling himself to sleep in the cot at night. Still has to fall asleep on me for daytime naps but its progress!

I know IABU I just want a moan.... My mum had dd today and I said we'd be home at half four but she's only just leaving to bring her home now (at least 30 minute journey) and dd is usually getting ready for bed by now. She's going to be knackered, will probably sleep in the car and be a nightmare to get to bed tonight! Plus I won't be able to give her her present as she def won't want to go to bed then sad

Ski don't worry your supply will up. Could just be a change in sleep pattern though.

Stacks glad your dh has been helping out smile

WLmum Sat 11-May-13 20:10:21

Happy birthday ski!

halestone Sat 11-May-13 21:24:39

Happy Birthday Ski.

Stacks hope you've enjoyed your well earned break grin

WLmum Sat 11-May-13 23:06:56

I've got a poorly baby :-( she woke about an hour ago and had a feed but then just moaned and cried. She was happier after she'd been a bit sick and is now comfort sucking on bed with me. I think it's just that she's got a cold and is getting a lot of mucus in her belly but it's awful as she never normally cries.

halestone Sat 11-May-13 23:26:19

Oh WL i hope shes better soon, theres nothing worse than a ill baby. Hopefully she'll wake up tomorrow feeling much better.

WLmum Sun 12-May-13 02:49:58

Can't settle her in bed so we're down on the sofa. Yawn :-(

Oh no WL sad I hope she feels better soon

FriendofDorothy Sun 12-May-13 05:34:07

We've had a good night for a change but it meant I woke up thinking my boob was about to explode!

IsThatTrue Sun 12-May-13 07:12:08

Happy birthday ski

WL DS was like that with his cold so sicky because of the mucus. I feel for you!

Off to meet my mum for lunch with my auntie. Who hasn't met ds2 yet ;) should be a good day. Just a car boot sale to be dragged round first!

Ds has been crying for the past half an hour. It's too early for this sad

WeeJo08 Sun 12-May-13 08:52:44

Happy Sunday everyone. It's pretty miserable here - hope it brightens up later! C has been falling asleep on her side the past couple of nights & this morning we went in & she was on her front. Eeek! shock I have read that quite a few of you are in the same boat...are you flipping your DC over or leaving them. I flipped her over. Normally she's not very happy on her front!

Hope you had a nice birthday, Ski!

PurplePidjin Sun 12-May-13 09:03:01

Happy birthday Ski thanks

Hope they settled, WL and Spotty

R woke twice - for milk at 1 and just because at 3:15. Cue full on cold sweating dodgy breathing hysterics. He just didn't want to be awake sad however, that's the best night we've had in yonks - 7:30-1, 1:15-3:15 and 4-8:15!

It's sunny here this morning. WeeJo we put ds on his tummy. My sister is doing a baby show in Kent this morning and after speaking to an expert said expert thinks ds could have silent reflux. All this time I could have been trying to make him better and I thought he's just a difficult baby.....

Pidj glad you got some sleep.

Ski I keep forgetting in every post Happy Birthday! smile

utopian99 Sun 12-May-13 15:29:14

Happy birthday ski!

Glad you might have a resolution to the crying spotty, it's awful when you just can't work out why.

Dh and I have been wondering how to get a bit of extra mortgage to help with the London house hunt, but as I only started my architecture practice late last year and the property development isn't through a company, my income counts for nothing. Does anyone have a suggestion for a salaried job I could do for long enough to use it as proof of income for a mortgage? (3months minimum.) Ideally working part time or from home, only needs to be enough to borrow £50k against..

No idea utopian confused

I've asked dp to finish work early if he can but I know he probably won't be able to so I feel bad as I know he will be feeling bad. Ds has been awful today though constant screaming causing dd and myself to also cry several times. I hope my HV can wave a magic wand tomorrow hmm

MaMaPo Sun 12-May-13 17:54:16

Happy birthday, Ski!

And hello thread. C and I up in the middle of the night in Melbourne due to horrible jetlag. Flight over was long and tiring but honestly, the jetlag is worse. Past 2 nights I haven't had any sleep before 3am. A killer.

Apart from that, it's nice to be here. All family besotted. I can't wait until her sleeping improves so I can enjoy myself properly. I should be living it but instead I kind of wish I were back in London. sad

halestone Sun 12-May-13 19:36:02

Mama i hope the sleeping gets better for you.

Utopian i have no idea sorry.

FX spotty.

H has two bottom teeth grin is it weird that i'm kind of excited about it? Haha

WLmum Sun 12-May-13 20:22:50

Hey mama! Many moons ago when DH and I visited oz I was the same - up at all hours and pissed off as even sleeping pills didn't get me off. Fx it settles down soon

hales teeth! It is exciting but I kind of hope T holds off as dd1&2 did as I love that gummy grin - knowing she's my last I kind of want to hold on to that baby look.

spotty hope hv can help but I wouldn't get your hopes up (sorry) as she'll probably send you to the gp. If its silent reflux and at his age I'd guess that you probably want something other than gaviscon. Fx you get a good helpful gp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now