Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2012 - They're on the move

(324 Posts)

Hello everyone. Hope you all find us safe.
Welcome to any newcomers too.

DD just tried to brush her hair with a hairbrush. Very clever!

cjbk1 Thu 12-Jun-14 19:13:12

S e a n a

cjbk1 Thu 12-Jun-14 19:11:36

Finally decided to all her Seána ('Shauna') Rose
yes I'm well thanks apart from wobbly belly and this bloody heat confused but apart from that all good lol wink

ThedementedPenguin Tue 10-Jun-14 18:11:13

cjbk congratulations! I can't wait to hear her name. How's it all go? You recovering well?

Naomi had her injections today and has a temp between 38 and 38.9. You forget how awful it is.

Lighthouse H is nearly 21months now. He says lots but not proper sentences. Can say mum/my, dad/dy. nana, ellie, Colin, James, Jayne, hi, no, spider, yea, aye. Can't remember any more they are his main ones he repeats over the rest is gibberish.

I wouldn't worry about it yet, my niece can say loads compared to H but I don't care.

Lighthousekeeping Sat 07-Jun-14 07:14:11

Well, I'm glad to note not all your nearly 18month olds aren't having full conversations yet! I was working with someone last night who said her 18 month old never stops and even asks mama "where's my new baby?" My poor nephew born on the same day only says no, milk, more milk and bye. But he knows every single noise an animal makes. Apparently by this age they should be saying twenty words! It's funny how different they all are.

Yay! Congratulations to all of you.

cjbk1 Sun 01-Jun-14 14:00:31

So baby was born as planned wed am, girl 7lb 7oz will let you know when named x smile

Hi everyone.
I'm quickly returning to see your updates.
I'm not here much these days as I've been outed by exp.
Cjbk1, I love seeing your photos on fb, your dc are so sweet.

Congratulations penguin, I love those early days.
Dd is in a mood right now and has been a bit of a handful lately. Hopefully things settle down soon.

I'll be back at some point under a nc, hope you all keep well and good luck next week cjbk1 x

ThedementedPenguin Sat 24-May-14 11:24:03

Oh how exciting. Make sure you post an update. I bet you can't wait.

Naomi is 6 weeks old now. Can't believe how quick the time is going. Want my tiny baby to stay teeny tiny.

cjbk1 Fri 23-May-14 08:01:38

congratulations on Naomi. I'll be having baby (gender unknown) next wed ELCS I'm so tired it's ridiculous shock x

ThedementedPenguin Mon 12-May-14 00:02:17

I thought I had updated this. Well baby Naomi arrived on Friday 11th April at 9.20pm weighing 7lb 2oz. Went myself in the end after getting my induction moved forward to the 12th was great. So my baby is a month old already can't believe it. It's been a great month but is going soooo fast.

cjbk H has loads of tantrums. He is wild atm. Am dreading when he hits the terrible twos. My mum says it gets worse!

Oh wow cjbk won't be long until baby is here. Do you know what your having? Can't remember if you mentioned it.

cjbk1 Thu 01-May-14 16:36:43

Ava's just had a proper toddler tantrum coz I took her wellies off! (she's still wearing her anorak) she tried to throw herself on the floor, banged her head, attacked the table cloth, refused all distractions, threw dd1s barbies into the floor, raging all the while! shock she's finally burnt herself out and is sitting on my lap.
I'm 35+4 now smile hope everyone else is ok?

Hi everyone.
I've been around, just under a nc for my recent troubles.

Penguin blimey, you must have had your baby by now. Hope all is well with you.

DD still not saying anything yet and still bfing.
I'm trying to wean her off so no longer expressing at work and she has cow's milk or water while I'm at work.
When I'm home I'm trying to distract her when she asks for milk, but still always give her milk in the morning and at bedtime.
And not feeding her outside, as I'm expecting to start getting funny looks.

Well, hope you're all alright and dc are happy. X

ThedementedPenguin Sat 05-Apr-14 10:45:25

Hi just thought I'd check in and seen there had been movement here.

So today is my due date for baby girl but no signs. I've had 3 sweeps so far and lost my plug during the week but waiting very impatiently now. Hope she comes today.. Otherwise I don't want her to arrive for the next 4 days.

Ds doesn't talk a lot says
Mummy, daddy, nanny, granny, Jack, Sally, tea, please, sorry, hi, bye and is trying to say Granda. He very much copies what he hears. Rest of the time it's just gibberish which is very cute.

He is still not sleeping through, currently is up twice a night sad we had him either up once or up early but since clocks changed he has been a nightmare. Any ideas on how to fix this? Dreading when baby comes as I can imagine how hard it's going to be with 2 getting up.

How are you all getting on? And all the lovely babies? Well I should really say toddlers now smile

Macaroons Sat 15-Mar-14 14:41:12

Glad to hear from you all smile weather is so great today, enjoy!!

cjbk1 Wed 12-Mar-14 20:55:45

I'm feeling ok mostly thanks but got heartburn and a headache tonight after work and Pilates so I'm off to bed ASAP wink

Hello. It's brilliant to hear your dc are talking. DD doesn't say any words yet but does nod and shake her head in all the right places!
I've been lucky that she sleeps well since going in her own room but has been waking early and I could really do with a lie in. Or an early night!

Cjbk1 how are you feeling? Only a few months left now.
And hope Penguin is getting on ok x

cjbk1 Mon 10-Mar-14 18:45:29

wasn't ready to post that; she has aptamil with a bit of cows milk sometimes she can't tolerate other toddler milks but the other day she was even sick after that shock
as for talking she says our names and lots if things that she sees & just now she said "nan-nan toast" it was actually my toast but good effort and she'll point and name her/our eyes, nose, mouth, ears, teeth, hair etc and she'll fetch her socks and say "hello socks" really cute...she's still in a lot of 9-12m clothes which is really different to how her brother and sister were...no idea what she weighs now tho...hope all well x

cjbk1 Mon 10-Mar-14 15:32:20

I'm just in a cupboard waiting for our patient; she takes aptamil cannot take

Macaroons Sun 09-Mar-14 21:43:26

Hope the travel sick issue will get better when she's older. I wonder it's anything to do with the milk she takes? My son took aptamil first milk, but when we tried to switch him to aptamil follow on (tried the one for 6m and also the one for 1-2 yrs old) he went sick v easily. He's fine with SMA and he's now on cows milk. Maybe try something different.

Macaroons Sun 09-Mar-14 21:41:09

Cjbk - lovely to hear from you! What sort of things does Ava says? My son babbles a lot but I can't understand much, apart from bubble, open, bye bye, park, daddy, mama, yup.

He just turned 18 months today. How time flies!

cjbk1 Sat 08-Mar-14 11:05:48

she gets travel sick very easily

cjbk1 Sat 08-Mar-14 11:04:55

Yes Ava will be 18m on Monday, I'm
going to make another half birthday cake for her grin she went mad over chocolate orange pudding the other day so I think she'll like it, she refuses to get into her pushchair 90% of the time now, she just wants me to carry her when tired which is hard, but we've just bought a double cheap on eBay so hopefully we'll get some use out of it, she's talking very well too but still wakes once in the night,
-- and she gets travel sick very easily-- looking forward to hearing from others wink

Macaroons Fri 07-Mar-14 21:18:27

It's been a while since I posted, how's everyone doing? Can't believe our little ones will be 18 months so soon!!!

Hi inthebeginning welcome.

Wow, how exciting, among all the other emotions, for you.
I love babies this age, they're learning so much and developing a real personality.
My DD is dc2 and her older brother is 3.6
So we have a lively household of toddler tantrums and fighting/screaming etc.

I hope it all goes well for you and you have your DS with you in no time.

Hi everyone,
Wondered if I could just dip my littlest toe into this thread? We are adopting a little one who should be with us in May. He was born sept 2012 so does fit here. I don't have anything to share yet obviously but am buying lots of stuff and trying to keep myself occupied by dreaming about what he'll be like. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now