Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2012 - They're on the move

(324 Posts)

Hello everyone. Hope you all find us safe.
Welcome to any newcomers too.

DD just tried to brush her hair with a hairbrush. Very clever!

Happy Birthday to Ava.
She must love all the attention!

My DS is just 3 and is being really difficult lately. The main thing bothering me, other than the general tantrums is him pushing DD. He won't always share with her and pushes her away, normally by her face hmm
Not quite sure how to deal with it really. The naughty step works for some things, but not this. Any advice would be very much appreciated. I can't keep DD away from him all the time.

Macaroons Thu 19-Sep-13 16:41:42

Happy birthday to September babies! Can't believe a year has gone by, and I'm surviving with interrupted sleep days after days wink

I wanted to post a while ago but somehow couldn't find our thread, luckily I found it just now! Let me catch up on the post properly smile

Macaroons Thu 19-Sep-13 16:57:28

Where - sorry to hear that your DS is pushing DD and naughty steps wouldn't work, don't have any advice to give, hope this is just a phrase an will pass soon

Nightmare - is your DD also a 9/9 baby? So is my DS! We took him to an aquarium on his birthday too!

Cjbk1 - how sweet of your DH and DD to bake the cake! I was so lazy, just bought the mini Percy pig one from m&s

Wherearemyshoes - DS can stand independently in the middle of the room from sitting down to standing but isn't quite walking yet. Looking forward to him making his first steps!!

Penguin - I am trying to imagine little ones making those wobbly steps - must be so cute

Ballroom - how have things been since your month away?

We haven't bought anything specifically as his birthday pressie as we buy him stuff all the time! Thinking of putting together a photo book on photobox, it's very time consuming to pick the photos though as I do take a lot of photos using my phone / proper camera throughout the year...

cjbk1 Fri 20-Sep-13 17:20:18

Ava just took two steps unaided! That's all really...have a lovely weekend grin x

Well done Ava!
DD's birthday today. We've been to see my mum and nan, had a quick shop in bluewater and stopped for McDonald's. Now they're both going to sleep and I'm going to reward us with a wine spritzer.

She's walking about 5 steps now so bought her a proper pair of shoes today. She is just the sweetest thing. And DS has been on the whole quite happy today so for once I'm actually feeling quite chilled.

Have a lovely weekend everyone. x

ThedementedPenguin Sat 21-Sep-13 11:36:50

I love when they start to walk its so cute. Its crazy how quick they get their confidence with something new. Ds walks a lot these days. He is also trying to run however he just can't do it yet. It's very funny.

Happy birthday to all babies. I really cannot believe they are all one.

whereare that sounds really frustrating. Unfortunately I'm no help. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Has many people bought their dcs shoes? I haven't yet, got ds' feet measured but when we put shoes on him he refused to lift his feet. However will walk everywhere in socks/bare feet.

Macaroons Mon 30-Sep-13 17:32:29

I haven't bought DS proper shoes yet. Only those soft fabric ones from next to keep his feet warm. I think I will go into Clarks when he's properly walking, my friend told me that they offer a measuring service.

Where's everyone? This thread is very quiet! Hope you are all well!

DD walks holding on only - but - I got her her first pair of shoes on Sunday as they were too cute, I know she'll grow out of them very quickly. She's got 3.5G feet, must get the width from her father as I have stupidly narrow feet! I upset the shop assistant when I asked to see the trainer style cruisers with boats on as they were for boys, she did this face when I said I was sure shock We got the baby's first shoes photo as it was Clarks.

Yes Macaroons, DD is a 9/9 baby too!

Despite not walking by herself she can climb, god can she climb, she got to the top of the sofa today (supervised) and can do stairs with ease. She gives you a heart attack whenever you pop out of the room as she'll climb on the sofa/bed, and it worries me as of course she can't get down yet!

cjbk1 Mon 30-Sep-13 20:35:59

I'm still here! ds was being horrible today and dd1 suffered because of it....and because of her lashing out at school last year we've got to be really careful to avoid all aggression, I haven't seen any more walking from Ava but she's very happy knee bouncing, if anyone wants to add me on Instagram and see it my ID is the same as here x

Ah, I found you again. It dropped off my threads I'm on list.

DD is walking really well now. And climbing, god, the climbing.
She gets on the window sill from the back of the sofa and on the dining table to mess with all the junk that's supposed to because out of her reach.
She loves wearing her shoes. She has little patent t bar ones (I may have already told you that! ) She sticks her foot in the air waiting for them to be put on.

Cjbk1 I don't have instagram so googled your nn and found you on twitter instead so have followed you. I think, I don't often use it to be honest. I look at fb more often so if anyone on this thread wants to add me pm me.

Cjbk1, if I remember rightly you're in dentistry.
One of DDs top front teeth is a conjoined tooth. The same one as me when I had baby teeth!
Do I need to do anything about it? Neither of my dc have been to the dentist yet so I suppose I should take DS and get them to look at DDs funny one while I'm there.
The bottom of it is kind of stepped. I wonder if it'll level out if I give her some more raw carrots to gnaw on!

cjbk1 Wed 09-Oct-13 08:51:14

I'm also on FB pm me if you like. that sounds like germinated teeth and I don't think there's anything to be done without looking in my books
but yes pop along to the dentist for a little check up, they won't mind if it takes a few visits to have a proper look. Ava still only takes a few steps then throws herself on the floor and shouts she much prefers the knee bouncing wink but we'll get her some cruisers at Clark's outlet soon x

Thanks cjbk1, I've got an appointment in November so I think I'll brave it and take them both along with me. I might take DP or my mum for reinforcements!

Blimey Penguin, you must be coming along nicely now. How are you feeling? Hope it's all going smoothly.

ThedementedPenguin Mon 21-Oct-13 08:52:30

Hey sorry I've just seen this.

I'm 16+2. Counting down the weeks until I can find out what we are having.

Have finally gotten over the sickness. Thank god, you forget how awful it is.

How's everyone else?

cjbk1 Mon 25-Nov-13 16:39:13

evening all; if anybody ever comes in here again I've got some news myself but I want to see of anyone's here first lol wink

couldsleepforahundredyears Mon 25-Nov-13 22:12:09

I'm a lurker, always checking but never posting. I'd love to hear your news!

cjbk1 Tue 26-Nov-13 11:40:31

Oh ok then sleep I'm expecting a surprise 4th and final baby had my scan yesterday 13+2 now due 1st June.hope everyone else is ok? x

Wow c congratulations. That's great news!

Four of them? Eek!
Hope you're feeling well x

cjbk1 Thu 28-Nov-13 09:35:44

thanks, I feel like I'm 'pushing water uphill with a fork' as they say, regarding the housework/organisation but apart from that I'm ok....
ironically enough I've got a genuine (non-fault) dental problem today so I'll be off to work again in a bit.... on my day off/cleaning day wink

Ah, the housework can wait, it's not going anywhere.
Shame you end up at work on your day off though.

I was saying to dp just the other day if we wanted another 2 year gap between dd and the next one we'll have to get busy by Christmas.
We both agreed the coil was a good idea and couldn't handle another just yet grin

ThedementedPenguin Tue 03-Dec-13 10:35:53

Cjbk congrats. How exciting.

I come in here every so often. Although clearly haven't been here for a while.

Hows everyone keeping?

Can I just ask what everyone is buying the kids? Ds is at such a age that no toy fits his age. Everything I look at feels wrong.

NightmareBeforeChristmasWalkin Fri 06-Dec-13 18:05:54

Hi all, I still check in from time to time! Congrats cjbk, wow, number 4! We've been talking about a 3 year gap between DD & and putative sibling, but then realised that means starting TTC in Sept 2014 and that thought makes us both panic a bit!

Demented - we're buying DD a dolls pram (this one www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/101/18914/moover-wooden-dolls-pram-%28red%29/?gclid=CLeg2LeXnLsCFQkEwwodyXoAJA) as she loves walking up and down at the minute (took her first steps unaided a couple of weeks ago), some clothes and that's it.

We're off on our hols next Sunday so if anyone has any tips or toddlers on planes (just a 4 hour flight luckily) so if anyone has any tips...!

Macaroons Sun 08-Dec-13 18:07:08

Hello all. It's been a while since I last posted, hope you are all well! And congrats cbjk!

Re Xmas pressie we've bought him those no mess doddle board from Tomy, since nursery staff said he really likes drawing. However I didn't wait till Xmas, have already opened the box to let him play a few days ago wink so I might want to get him something else.

Just wondering what milk are little ones having? We are still on aptamil stage one new born milk. We tried moving to follow on milk (those for 1-2 years old and those for 6 months plus) but DS kept vomiting after having it. Wonder if we should try cows milk or is that supposed to be worse? He's fine otherwise, although he's been having adults food he isn't allergic to anything.

ThedementedPenguin Sun 08-Dec-13 23:20:19

macaroons great to hear from you.

We have ds on blue cows milk. He has been on this since before his first birthday. I was told follow on milk is a scam so never bothered with it and ds is just fine on cows milk. Have you tried it?

I got Christmas sorted, we got him a bounce and spin zebra, a few jigsaw things and a few cars for his toot toot garage he is getting off my sister. So didn't spend a fortune but he is getting so much off others I didn't see the point to buying anymore.

Just need to buy a few Xmas jumpers fsmile

nightmare that is quite scary reading that. I still think of ds as my tiny little baby, even though he so independent now. It nearly killed me the thought of him being one let alone getting any bigger.

This pregnancy has been awful, I really can't wait for April. Been feeling so sick, and have very little appetite. I am actually 2kg lighter now than at the start.

20 week scan went well, although was unable to find out the sex as baby had legs shut tight. I am planning on ringing a private scan place tomorrow in the hope of being able to afford it. Fingers crossed its cheap and they can tell.

Hope everyone is keeping well. Would be great to hear from some more if any one is lurking.

cjbk1 Mon 09-Dec-13 18:43:10

aaah lovely to see some chat on here! my tip is to bring loads of food for toddler on plane and just expect to get no sleep so if you do it's a bonus (air Canada/heathrow/pearson were great but that's prob not relevant wink ) Ava has vomity problems with follow on milk,cows milk & pasta, were keeping her on aptamil follow in milk and she can tolerate cheese & a little milk on cereal funnily enough...also gets travel sick(?) going 11miles I'm not properly organised with all their Christmas presents will report back...I'm 15+1 now going quickly x

ThedementedPenguin Mon 09-Dec-13 18:48:09

Wow that is going quick. Pregnancy seems to have slowed down here fsad I'm 23+2 and I'm done. Roll on April.

Fingers crossed we find out the sex tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now