Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2012 - They're on the move

(325 Posts)

Hello everyone. Hope you all find us safe.
Welcome to any newcomers too.

DD just tried to brush her hair with a hairbrush. Very clever!

Penguin, maybe you'll settle in to the other thread better later in your pregnancy.
You're more than welcome to chat here about stuff though. I love hearing about babies!
A good friend of mine is 11 weeks pregnant with her first baby and I am so ridiculously excited for her. I think my broodiness almost left me in tears! What is wrong with me? I'm having the coil fitted in a week confused

Glad you're back safe Cjbk1. It must have been amazing.
I hope you're doing alright with the holidays. It seems to be really hard to keep them entertained. I'm making the most of mine being too young to get bored. I'm sure once DS is at school I'll be counting down to them going back to school straight away!

cjbk1 Fri 09-Aug-13 21:21:12

--I'm glad I haven't killed the thread--yes it was amazing....thing is with my older 2; they either want to be playing
out or being fully entertained there's no middle ground....wink
goodnight all happy weekend x

cjbk1 Fri 09-Aug-13 21:22:07

glad I haven't killed the thread

ThedementedPenguin Tue 13-Aug-13 08:33:48

Think I will hang about here.

God so far this pregnancy is so different. I've no sickness, but I am tired a bit more and I've fainted twice. So in a way it's great but awful as well.

How's everyone else keeping?

Take it easy Penguin. Just think how much more busy you are this time round. It makes such a difference when you already have a child and can't just rest whenever you want.

Do you still look after your cousin? It must be hard work having someone else's baby too.

Hope all the older kids are enjoying the holidays.
I can't imagine mine ever being at the stage when they go out to play but themselves. It's almost like a mental block! denial

I'm just waiting for DD to go back to sleeping while feeding her before I can get up and ready for work.
Last night was the first night she slept properly in ages. I left her to cry to sleep and she stayed asleep till 5am!

She's just getting her 4th tooth come through. These top ones seem more painful for her. DP had real trouble trying to comfort her whilst I was at work yesterday. sad

ThedementedPenguin Wed 14-Aug-13 13:16:47

shoes no I don't look after my niece anymore. Long story, short she quit in June.

Luckily I got a morning job of caring for an elderly man, have to go in and get him up. Which is quite tough as he has no legs. So is quite tough some days.

Although they have been on holiday for a week and a half so I've been very lucky that I haven't had to do it when Ive been feeling crappy. Although I really need the cash to pay off my debts.

Oh sorry, I couldn't remember if it was your cousin or sister that had the baby.

Let's hope you're feeling a bit better but the time your man gets back from holiday. Go easy if you're having to lift him. I can imagine that won't help if you're feeling faint. You don't want to go wobbly whilst helping him.

DD is relentlessly crying upstairs.
My neighbours must seriously curse me. Our bedroom walls are so thin.

ThedementedPenguin Wed 14-Aug-13 19:59:42

shoes that must be awful. Just ignore the neighbours.

Herbie still gets up at night. We tried to do cc one night but I gave in and gave him a bottle. It was awful listening to him.

So now I don't know what to do. He doesn't need them but I don't know how to get him off them.

Macaroons Sat 17-Aug-13 21:57:16

Hello all sorry haven't been posting much recently as DS has been having a temperature - it's his 5th day today shock seems to be coming down today so touch wood it will be gone tmr! I think he's also passing the bug to me - can feel a sore throat developing!

Congrats penguin on baby number 2!!! grin

Sorry haven't got a chance to catch up on the thread properly... Hope everyone is well!

It's September soon, just wondering if you are going to hold a birthday party for your little one? Can't believe they are almost one!

Macaroons I hope DS is feeling better.
It's DS's 3rd birthday next week and then DD's 3 weeks later so we will probably do balloons and presents for them next week and maybe a couple more on DD's birthday.
Maybe see some family but other than that no party.
It's probably the last year we can get away with low key.

DD is standing for short periods on her own now. She sits as soon as we try to get her to walk though. She crawls so fast she probably feels it's more efficient that way!

Hi all. Not been here for a while! We're not really doing a party, we're at a family wedding the weekend before DD's birthday, thought we'd go to the Sealife Centre ok her birthday, and then re weekend after I've invited her little cousins (4, 3 and 2 yrs) and my parents up for a little birthday tea. The new passion here is climbing, she can get up on the sofa, the bed and the stairs given half a chance, she stands at the stair gate rattling it! Still no teeth - have everyone else's LOs got their teeth now?

Oh, in other news I handed in my resignation - felt weird after working for the company for over 9 years! Now I'm a proud unemployed SAHM.

Hi Nightmare, hope you're well.
DD has 3 teeth so far, the first two at the bottom came within a week of each other and then the top one came about 3 weeks later. No 4th yet though and the lonely top one is growing well so she looks a bit lopsided!

DS took ages to get his first tooth, but he's got a gob-full now and they're lovely.

I thought of going to the Sealife Centre for DD's birthday, we did that for DS's first too. He didn't really take much in, but it was a good day for us. Chips on the beach and all that.
After her birthday I'm up to my full hours as my leave runs out. I wish I could stay at home. DP is going to look for work and we'll swap. I reckon once he's looking after them 4 days in a row it'll be sooner rather than later!

I hope Penguin and Leelteloo are both doing alright.
Any more babies on the horizon?

Macaroons Sun 25-Aug-13 22:58:08

nightmare - hope you'll enjoy being a SAHM!

wherearemyshoes - DS is finally better, thank goodness! He's had the fever for 5 days!!!! thankfully he's now ok, but he doesn't feel like eating, he's eating half of what he used to eat, if that! it's also a real struggle to put him in his highchair... is anyone having similar issue? he has lost quite abit of weight sad

re teeth, he has 2 at the bottom and 4 on the top!

Macaroons Sun 25-Aug-13 22:59:32

re birthday party, we're hoping to have a little picnic with some friends in the park. hope the weather will be nice! (we haven't properly baby-proof our home, and there really isn't enough space for so many people, so fingers crossed we'll have some decent weather that day, as we have no plan B!)

Hello all. Not long back from my month away so I'll just mark my place and catch up later as internet down so on my phone (which I hate typing on). One thing has caught my eye on the page though - mucho congrats on your pregnancy penguin !!

ThedementedPenguin Mon 26-Aug-13 20:56:17

Thanks ballroom grin

How was your month away? I'm very jealous. Wish I was away somewhere nice even for a weekend.

I've been so sick today, have basically been jn bed all day. i hate this part of it.

although in good news, i have my booking in tomorrow. Very nervous

cjbk1 Thu 29-Aug-13 09:52:20

sorry I've been such a grumpy boots and not much to report but if I hear that old adage "at least you get paid breaks at work" one more time! confused errr no I don't, not paid often not happening either rant over
Ava's only got upper centrals (teeth) partially erupted which is unusual and
she's been standing independently a bit recently but no walking that I've seen, we'll just have a party tea with grandparents
--coz I can't trust my RL
friends to turn up from bitter experience-- and buy her loads of presents we already got her a sit-in sandpit coz she loved them so much on hols...gotta clean up coz my mammy and daddy are coming tonight wink

cjbk1 Thu 29-Aug-13 09:53:21

coz I can't trust my RL friends to turn up from bitter experience

Ooh a sandpit sounds ace! We've bought DD a doll, she'll get a pram for Christmas as I hope she'll be walking by then!

First year review this morning - DD prepared by sprouting a tiny bit of number one tooth overnight (top front one). Anyway all good - she's now on 75th centile for height & weight when she such a tiny thing at birth!

ThedementedPenguin Sun 08-Sep-13 16:35:44

nightmare that sounds great.

Can't believe ds is one on Saturday. How this year has flown. We got ds a quad and water table for his birthday. Can't wait to give it to him.

He has 5 teeth and two on the way. So strange seeing him with teeth. I'm still not used to it.

Is anyone's dc walking? Ds can walk but is still a bit wobbly. It's so cute.

Thanks Penguin, thought I'd killed the thread! DD can walk round the furniture and that's it so far, thankfully for me going on how many times she topples over! It's her birthday today and I can't believe how the time has flown. She's celebrated by tipping her porridge over her head, unravelling a whole loo roll and smacking me in the face when I changed her nappy... Joy! Off out to the Sealife Centre in a bit.

ThedementedPenguin Mon 09-Sep-13 11:20:14

Oh my what a day so far. grin happy birthday baby (or not so much anymore) nightmare. Hope you have a great day.

I'm still here, just my brain is normally in such a scramble my posts wouldn't make any sense!

Happy birthday little Nightmare K!
I hope you've had a good day Nightmare, this year has gone so fast. And so much has happened to us all.

And happy birthday so far to all the other September babies. thanks brew wine

DD has taken a couple of steps but not really walking yet. She can stand up from sitting in the middle of the room but DS couldn't do that for weeks and weeks after he had been walking properly.
She does do the quack along to the Sarah and Duck song though!

My friend is due her baby on 16th and I'm so excited for her.
It's after about a year I seem to get all misty eyed about labour and cuddling up in the middle of the night with a newborn. I really need to remind myself of the painful exhausting reality to snap out of it!

cjbk1 Wed 11-Sep-13 12:59:06

it was Ava's birthday yesterday! the others waited till I got home from work then we helped her open her presents....she didn't get to try her pink trampoline yet but loved her other things and dh and dd1 had made her a chocolate birthday cake which she loved....happy tears...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now