Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dec 08 mums - any more for any more?

(988 Posts)
JumpJockey Wed 17-Apr-13 21:02:20

New thread! Hope this is ok smile

ShadyLadyT Thu 27-Jun-13 17:06:28

X-posted Arti. Wow to the cranial osteopath - and white light from the West Oxfordshire Cotswolds. That dialogue with your HV...uuuuuuuurrrrrrrggggghhhh. We've all had it.

I buy most of my jeans from Asda now, their skinnies suit my shape. And they cost £14!!!! Plus the occasional thing from Zara or H&M. Bit of secondhand Boden.

Vagolajahooli Thu 27-Jun-13 17:55:41

Sorry I'm way behind you lot have been super chatty. I'm only up to Beans post but just wanted to say you need to talk to the school child protection officer, it will be one of the teachers even the head teacher. Don't feel your being nosey, the GOSH motto is 'the child first & always' you need to put the little girls needs above what you feel others might think. Let the child protection officer know you would like to remain anonymous. I wouldn't be surprised if they are already known to the local child protection team & if the child is SN then she will have a statement and will probably be known to SS. By speaking to the school you will enable staff already working with the family know that there are problems. If everyone keeps quiet, everyone fails the vulnerable.

While I'm here no problems with mess, just go to a charity shop and get a load of towels. Put a tarpaulin down towels on top. The midwives will clean it all up after. Also put loads of towels or old throws on your couches or bed. DS2 was born on my beloved Persian rug that I bought in Iran & smuggled into Pakistan (not supposed to carry iranian stuff like that into Pakistan). Not a drop of anything on it because of the tarp/towel combination. If you have bub in a pool even less mess.

Rubena Thu 27-Jun-13 18:01:36

Urgh, I know EXACTLY what you mean Shady. It's the same round here, seriously, he only ever shows some imitative sorting the kids out if we've either A) me had a massive rant about it or B) he has to because I'm away (rarely) and only then it's all done half arsed.
But, we've got an immaculate set of stairs dh has just repaired / replaced in the garden, of the house we still don't own....
Seriously, the fighting with my two recently is out of control.... I'm handing them over to dh when he walks in... and taking the dog out....
They have actually just had a massive argument over the toilets and who uses which!!!!!!

Rubena Thu 27-Jun-13 18:04:00

Oh and Arti. A classic example of every HV I've ever met..... Fundamentally useless.

Mckayz Thu 27-Jun-13 18:15:39

My HV from DS1 has come out of retirement and she is amazing. I really thought she was brilliant so was over the moon to see her yesterday for DDs jabs. She said to keep DD in my bed until DH gets home and then if we want to try to get her in the cot then to call her.

Shame the others here are so bloody useless.

Vagolajahooli Thu 27-Jun-13 18:15:51

Ok have finished reading phew, that took ages. I spend a day on uni work and you girls chat for England!

Invis when you going to Australia? Loved hearing about your lovely little reader.

Lady I haven't read a fortunate life but it was made into a mini series when I was like 10 or something close to that age. I think the entire nation watched. I can't fir the life of me remember anything about it apart from some bush and a homestead?

Rubena Thu 27-Jun-13 18:21:44

Ah yes I meant to say I heard its good. Yes I em remember that too Vag. Only remember somethin bout Gallipoli?
Right, need to get motivated. These kids have drained me today. Plus Ive spent the better part of the last hour getting something out of my eye.
Hayfever getting worse. Suspect mowing lawn and potting plants doesn't help.
Oh and Arti less stressed yeah now off standby. Lucky it's only once a year on average. Hols are just around the corner too. grin

beans37 Thu 27-Jun-13 18:37:10

Thanks Vag. Have spoken to my friend about it. She's a teacher and also knows our nursery teacher very well. She is going to speak to her about it tomorrow for me informally and keep me anonymous. She thinks the family are already on SS register from what she has picked up, so suspect they are already on radar. Lady, you are right. Have been trying to strike up a bit of a friendship/support for the mum and will continue to do so. It is a bit like getting blood out of a stone, but she's v sweet and will persevere.

Rubes and Kady, I feel your pain. DH was asking me where the invitation was to this party we went to on Sunday just before we left in a really accusatory way. I lost it a bit. It's not solely my responsibility to deal with the whole of the family. Sometimes it's like I already have three children!!

We need a new thread... Any suggestions?

DeidreBarlow Thu 27-Jun-13 19:15:11

Ha ha after saying all HVs are useless I got to the DCs swimming lesson and my friend who's a nurse is retraining as a HV!!!! Sleep sound folks there may be one decent one out there soongrin

Rubena Thu 27-Jun-13 19:26:41

Oh that's good beans. Yeah was going to say I wouldn't be surprised if they're already on watch. If its quite obvious.
Was going to basically give away this old falling apart antique trunk we had been using as a coffee table. We bought it at an antique shop in London ages ago so decided to put it on eBay for a tenner. It's now only £9 shy of what I paid for it (tho we did best him down a bit) rather pleased!

Have just taken the dog out. Have knackered her which is always a good sign! I must be improving fitness!

Rubena Fri 28-Jun-13 10:43:24

Happy birthday Beans Are you going to be Beans38 now? grin

Vagolajahooli Fri 28-Jun-13 13:25:03

here is the bew thread complete with dodgy title

Vagolajahooli Fri 28-Jun-13 13:26:11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now