Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Dec 08 mums - any more for any more?

(988 Posts)
JumpJockey Wed 17-Apr-13 21:02:20

New thread! Hope this is ok smile

sybilfaulty Fri 19-Apr-13 17:19:38

I am going stir crazy with my 2. Both have temps, crampy tummies and awful diarrhoea. Worse when they eat and goes straight thorough. Up all night with both of them and now shattered watching nanny mc phee on laptop. M curiously unaffected. Clearly has innards of steel.

Vag, what do you think it is? Dd2 looking rather thin but dd1 fine as slightly better covered. On and off since tues. should I take a sample and take to drs? Help

Love the pasta talk. Take it you'll be making your own for miss fussy? I'd have to sell one of mine if they said that. I don't think mine wd know what carbonara is!

I might have yo crack open wine. To be sociable only, of course. HIV!

sybilfaulty Fri 19-Apr-13 17:20:31

Oh pants, that should say "hic!" Of course. Damn this phone !

Vagolajahooli Fri 19-Apr-13 17:25:48

Actually it's quite nice.

Arti that seriously is too funny. The poshest things ds1 has asked for is panini & once he asked if a friends mum could make polenta. Otherwise he's more a sausage & mash boy.

Deids I meant to say before I know exactly what you mean on the spendy thing. A lot of the girls I know here have husbands who work for Shell as well as a decent pay check they get housed in these enormous multistorey houses & private international schools payed for. They often organise 'girls nights out' talk about hair, make up & what they will use their 6 business class flight allowance for this year. Dinner is always a minimum €50 each and often more like €80-100. I really don't find it fun & as the food in restaurants that great I find it a complete waste of money. Thankfully I have founda couple of friends who are less affluent & we tend to have dinner at home then meet for a drink. Much cheaper & allthe money is spent on alcohol.

Vagolajahooli Fri 19-Apr-13 17:29:10

Sounds like a gastro bug, no vomiting? Looks like it manage to get past their tummy & straight into the bowel to work it's magic. It could pass in a day or two but I think a sample would be a good idea. Just in case it gets bad, at least they will already have a sample on the burner.

sybilfaulty Fri 19-Apr-13 17:34:48

Thanks vag. No one has been sick but everything is passing straight through. I'll get me yoghurt pot out on Sunday night of no better. Dd2 will have wasted away.

Rubena Fri 19-Apr-13 17:39:57

Sybs that sounds horrendous. But sounds like a bug. Badly going around. Friends ds had it quite badly but over in 24-36 hrs.

Vaguely that sounds nice. I've had vodka and squash before smile
I just did pizza for kids and ds said "oh no not pizza, can i have a bagel then an apple and banana"? Meanwhile dd is rolling around whaling on the kitchen floor because I won't give her chocolate for tea and threw a piece of pizza across the room because "it has yukky green bits on it" Talk about polar opposites.
I give up. I'm having wine.
Oh she now has the stool from the drum kit and is climbing into the counter to get the confiscated toy. What a little treasure.

Rubena Fri 19-Apr-13 17:40:55

Vaguely was meant to read Vag! Altho both works.

Vagolajahooli Fri 19-Apr-13 17:46:57

Flip I'm hungry DH still not back with Pizza I might have to eat one of my offspring if he doesn't get here soon. The boys & I are watching Star Wars. Love that they are old enough to like it now.

Vagolajahooli Fri 19-Apr-13 17:49:10

Vaguely definitely works I wrote that previous post about 15mins ago but forgot to press send. Dh arrived Pizza digesting

Artichook Fri 19-Apr-13 18:19:07

Miss Carbonara has left having refused a Frube for pudding because she doesn't like yoghurt outside of a proper pot...

Wish I could join you all with an aperitif, no alcohol here for months. I'm meant to be going to a cocktail reception tonight but I feel season three of Breaking Bad may keep me away.

Vagolajahooli Fri 19-Apr-13 18:29:58

I love breaking bad but only up to season one. Yoghurt from a proper pot, what does that mean, terracotta?

DeidreBarlow Fri 19-Apr-13 18:33:06

Never seen Breaking Bad just working my way through Dexter at the minute.

DS loves a frube...

Rubena Fri 19-Apr-13 18:46:57

Hilarious. DD loves anything like yogurt out if any receptacle. She'd eat it off the floor. But DS hates frubes and gets all weird about them because he can't see past yogurt being eaten only with a spoon. He has asked me for poached eggs just now (scrambled wont suffice) and insists on eating it with a place mat, and knife and fork. I suspect this school thing has happened for a reason hmm

EffiePerine Fri 19-Apr-13 18:48:41

Deids: if no problems elsewhere then preschool are doing it wrong. Wine a good plan. I have a nice bottle of v unfashionable German white in the fridge and am trying to decide whether I should wait for DH to come back.

Vag: good news on the cash and the pizza grin

EffiePerine Fri 19-Apr-13 18:51:35

Am boggling at Miss Carbonara - I thought mine were bad enough with demanding babyccinos. My parents already suspect I am putting it on by having my tea after 5 and sometimes calling it 'supper'.

sybilfaulty Fri 19-Apr-13 19:01:57

I may have mentioned what I need to do with a yoghurt pot for poor dd 2. Miss amatriciana would not approve. I do recall one of Lucy's friends rejecting my pesto supper as the pesto wasn't home made. I didn't tell her that I didn't even try pesto til I was 22. It's virtually a food group here

Effie- sample the wine now, just to make sure it's ok.

EffiePerine Fri 19-Apr-13 19:16:19

DH home after 9. Wine broached. If I get carried away I can always hide the evidence in the recycling grin.

EffiePerine Fri 19-Apr-13 19:18:23

Rubes: am also boggling at what DS2 would look like after 5 minutes with a fountain pen shock

DeidreBarlow Fri 19-Apr-13 19:19:32

You couldn't give DS a fountain pen, he'd obviously stab a teacher with it wink

JamInMyWellies Fri 19-Apr-13 19:54:06

Oh I have just started season 3 of Breaking Bad - LOVE IT!

I too will be having a non alcoholic drink tonight. Bum. Have not had not have enough alcohol recently to then have to ruddy well give it up for 9+months .

Vagolajahooli Fri 19-Apr-13 21:46:33

A fountain pen, what about the poor left handed children they are going to have smudgey pages.

Sorry but I had a little giggle about dudesboy going at his teacher with the fountain pen.

Rubena Fri 19-Apr-13 22:07:02

Alright, enough of the fountain pen mockery! I did kind of laugh too. You are funny Deids! Ok I started it I suppose grin

And actually jokes aside, DS IS one of those poor left handed kids - well he writes his name on everything he does with left hand, but does sometimes colour in right handed, so and I've been trying to figure it out. Anyway, if he does go there, one look at their IT dept and he won't be giving a moments thought to a bloody fountain pen! Twas Brilliant.
I'm really hoping I get a look at the other school I like, as sports is his thing, which the other school is slightly more impressive with. Guess what happens happens. Silly part is we will prob move shortly so all the stress for nothin!
Just cooked a rather disappointing individual roast lamb. Wine is very impressive.
DH pressure washed the wool rug that Roomba dragged the vomit and shit all over tonight. I had it up near the bins to be chucked as thought Unsalvageable after the dog vomit / shit / robot vac incident, but coupled with the also recent curry takeaway stains I thought enoughs enough. Then today the thought of school fees had me retrieve it and out came the jet washer.... Cannot believe how much dirty water has come out. Looks like a new rug.

Vagolajahooli Fri 19-Apr-13 22:27:16

Excellent, well done with the rug Rubes. Left handed kids are awesome and are usually ambidextrous, with a tendency to write with the left hand. Ds1 writes with his left but plays violin as normal & plays ball games with both hands. Great they've got good IT. Sports is important but you can always make up sport stuff out of school. DS1 does most of his sport as out of school activities.

Rubena Fri 19-Apr-13 22:44:22

Yeah dh a lefty. As is my brother. And both do the ambidextrous thing too. Rug result is amazing. State school choice 1 has amazing grounds and pool. One independent is tiny and v personal but uses sports grounds across road. The other on 22 acres and only slightly bigger.
Right enough of the school talk from me. I'm sure you're all bored or irritated to death. Can we go back to Beans poo talk as I'm much more amused by that - although I did add an element of poo today too.
That rhymes. Have another wine Rubes.

JumpJockey Fri 19-Apr-13 22:58:54

Ah ladies, you're on fire tonight! A thought - has anyone heard from WG recently? She's been awol for ages.

Arti what a hilarious house guest. We now have to call it carbanana after a mis-hearing in which S said " but mummy it has no bananas in it?"

Rubes glad to hear the rug was saved, that did sound like an utter nightmare situation. School dilemma, presumably there's no need to rush to a decision?

Sybs hope the tummies are better soon.

Right lovely ladies, big hugs and goodnight <sigh have been reminiscing back to college days recently when we'd hit the bar at 11, now am all tucked up in bed at 10.30, never mind!>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now