Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2013 - part 3 - where we have to stop them rolling off the changing mats!

(1000 Posts)
octanegirl Sun 14-Apr-13 17:14:37

Ok, here we go with the new thread - we got to exactly 1000! Hope everyone enjoyed this balmy day. I got Felix out loads in the buggy smile

Angielka Thu 09-May-13 12:31:03

birdies my period didn't come back until I stopped bfing DD1 but has already come back even though I'm bfing Molly... don't ask me why

For all of you with frequently-waking babies, DD1 had terrible sleep regression when she was this age - went from sleeping all night to waking every two hours. No advice other than to ride it out as with all irritating phases and believe it was pass, as it will. Also, start napping as much as possible and stock up on chocolate for energy, like with a newborn.

Oh wow happy nurseries get booked up quickly don't they? There is one really popular nursery near here who told me I would have needed to apply as soon as I knew I was pregnant, I had no idea!

Angiel I am hoping this passes sooner rather than later. In the meantime I will keep trying different things, at least it gives me the illusion of some sort of control over the situation

Birdies Thu 09-May-13 13:14:53

Thanks angiel - how long does it last for?! It's been about a month of bad sleeping here and she's nearly 4.5 months now. Tell me she'll grow out of it soon?!

Meringue33 Thu 09-May-13 16:43:02

Visitor: "Don't you ever leave him to cry?... Oh I see, so you spoil him." hmm

In other news, searching for a dress to wear to his christening. It really annoys me how so many dresses are combined maternity and nursing. Surely the point is that while I was pregnant, I wanted to show off my tummy, but now I want to cover it up?!

glorious Thu 09-May-13 17:19:49

Sorry about the tears Louise. I'll confess to a little sob in the early hours when Ellen cluster fed for several hours.

Ellen's only just 3 months (born 31st January) so either she's hit the 4 month regression very early or we have more to come shock I really think she's not eating enough in the day, she's only had 4 very quick feeds today and she's normally an every 2 hours girl. I'm offering more often but she's not having it.

Good detective work bugs, hope it works.

Tugstonia Thu 09-May-13 18:19:22

Hooray dd has fed from me at last! It's been a truly crappy 48 hrs but fingers crossed she's on the mend now. I was really bricking it this morning when she slept 2-7am straight (never happened before & ordinarily I'd be rejoicing!) & her nappy was bone dry, fontanelle sunken etc, but she took some expressed milk & perked up. She slept on me for 3 hours earlier & then fed from me & i even got a smile out of her smile

Hope those who've had crappy nights have a better one tonight.

Tugstonia Thu 09-May-13 18:20:19

No period here either thank god (had no clue what AF either!)

CreepyCrawly Thu 09-May-13 18:26:11

Ah so pleased for you tugs!

Meringue I'm having the same problem. Trying to find something for a 50th anniversary dinner next month. Everything seems to be frumpy. I'm 22 not 62!

I'm still waiting for my (hopefully) properly fitting bra to arrive. M&S measured me as a 42E and using the 'dangle method' I'm a 36J!

No AF here either.

glorious Thu 09-May-13 19:28:52

Hooray tugs and well done. Fingers crossed for all of us tonight.

Lostbobbles Thu 09-May-13 19:36:30

Omg just had the mother of all steimg fits hmm

Good news on feeding tugs

Glorious I was reading the same page the other day. I think Lois has been going through a distractible phrase in the day, she's definitely not eating as much and up until 2 nights ago she was taking full night feeds but last couple of nights she just wants the comfort being a madam could be illness /teeth related

Bugsy I took away the dummy a couple of weeks ago to see if it would improve sleep as she was waking as soon as it fell out and we were doing the 'dummy run' about 15 times a night. Now just doing a pain in the backside run wink

Angie , wish it was a phase but we have only have two, six hour stretches in four months hmm, I'm now resided to hoping she will follow in DD1 footsteps and sleep like a dream from 6 months please sleep god answer my prayers

Louise thankswine

DH got back early today so we went to pick DD1 up from school and then went out for quick dinner.

Other good news I purchased two pairs of shoes to help aid depression from sleep deprivation obviously wink

Now have until Sunday to work on DH to purchase my pushchair on his next trip

Lostbobbles Thu 09-May-13 19:37:20

steimg!!! Screaming

Pascha Thu 09-May-13 19:47:26

Both my children are asleep lalalalalalala..

Angielka Thu 09-May-13 19:59:18

birdies I'm afraid I've mentally blocked that from my mind... but it must have been a few weeks. By the time she was about 6/7 months, she was back to sleeping through.

meringue no need to invite that visitor back! I'm looking for a dress for my girls' christening in June too - let me know if you find anything promising. I totally agree about hiding the tummy blush.

hooray tugs! must have been a tense time. Hope things continue to improve

Yay pascha! The peace is wonderful isn't it. I've got 2 down + 1 reading in bed and a 9 year old building with lego so quite peaceful here...might even get a shower smile

Hope everyone gets a good night tonight

Tugs glad to hearthings improving. Poor you the worry is awful but what a wonderful job you've syringing etc have some thanks

Woke up at 6.30 to happy smiley baby. Was lovely till i got her out of slleping bag and realised she'd pooped everywhere shock not the best start to the day!

In other news i have finally been to the hairdressers and had all my horrid hair chopped. Feel almost human again smile

Lora1982 Thu 09-May-13 20:17:14

I feel really bad when i read all your crappy wake in the night stories i hope that dexter misses that phase hes 17 weeks now so fingers crossed. He is constantly having food in the day though so if i keep at that hopefully we'll be lucky.

Tugs im pleased shes relented i bet your so relieved.

Just text dp who was in bed for work tomorrow (grrr) to say dexter wanted him to change his nappy. Cos hed just had a major explosion well he came and did it grin i had the biggest grin and went and made myself a tea. Ive noticed when its poo day (every 3 days) he tends to be a bit mardy and hardly naps in the day, not surprising really i guess after storing it for days i might be a bit angry

Lora1982 Thu 09-May-13 20:23:29

For his christening i wore a black almmost crochety type pattern tunic.

And in other news i boobfed infront of the plumber today. I started making a bottle and then just thought fuk this its my house :-D

Birdies Thu 09-May-13 21:24:32

Both of mine are awake!!

tugs really pleased things are getting better for you.

Lostbobbles Thu 09-May-13 21:40:37

Both mine are asleep every night by 7.30 / 8 it's just the mini bugger one, that doesn't stay that way and requires cot side assistance at ever increasing intervals throughout the night/early hours angry hmm

Angielka Thu 09-May-13 21:43:49

Both of mine are asleep... now. DD1 is having major bedtime drama at the moment (used to sleep 7-7am with no argument and now we are into battle territory with her using demands for books as ammunition and getting out of bed when we turn the light out) and Molly had two major naps-one am one pm then one evening nap, followed by a very very long awake-and-play-and-squeal time that ended with me feeding her to sleep. She was also gnawing at her knuckle for a considerable amount of time and grizzling. Damn those teeth.

Good for you Lora too bloody right. I've fed Molly in three carparks in two days - thinking the whole time, if they had a bench I'd be out in the sun doing this.

Hoping you're all in for a good night. lost I'll pray to the sleep gods on your behalf too flowers.

newbie6 Thu 09-May-13 22:44:22

Hello everyone,

I've not been on for a while but do check in to see how everyone is doing. Cannot believe all our babies are 4 months old or thereabouts, where does the time go. My LO is doing great, he is a good sleeper which helps massively so huge respect to all of you who are up every few hours, I hope all the babies settle soon through the night. Totally agree about clothes, I feel so frumpy and nothing really fits especially around my stomach, v depressing as I almost let myself get away with it up until he was about 3 mths as felt due to the emergency section, I shouldn't push myself etc but who am I kidding, it's been 4 mths now! Whoops! Wish I could be on mat leave as working is stressful and although its my business and I guess I could choose when to work, it pays the bills so added stress now that we have a LO. Never took any time off when I was pregnant and think its all getting a bit on top of me but probably just feeling sorry for myself! So glad for this forum as you girls are great, sometimes I feel in RL other mums make you feel rubbish as they seem to cope better but when I read this forum I chuckle away at some of the comments as they are so true! I cannot believe how people think cause you have a baby, they are entitled to tell you what you should be thinking and doing etc, drives me nuts! I just want to experience all the surprises my baby shows me, good or bad as that makes it mine and my baby's experience. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and to say thanks to you all for your updates and advice, it's much appreciated and if anyone has any tips to shift weight pronto please post, ha ha! Xxx

Lostbobbles Fri 10-May-13 05:37:54

Brick wall - smashed head first hmm
Vital organs offered in exchange for full nights sleep

oh lost sorry you've had another crap night.

can your dh give you a break tonight- if you bf could you express some milk for him to do night feeds?

do you have to be anywhere today or can you have a lazy day?

Angielka Fri 10-May-13 07:07:53

Sorry to hear it lost sad like bugsy says - any chance of DH or friends/family giving you a break and letting you rest for at least a couple of hours?

Hi again newbie I totally agree, In RL it seems people are trying to out-do one another with how well they are coping whereas we all know babies turn your life upside down, however well you manage!

Have a good day everyone! I've got both girls all day so if the rain holds off I am planning to spend as much time near swings and slides as possible!

Lostbobbles Fri 10-May-13 07:10:20

Thanks for sympathy Bugsy, DH would gladly give a bottle but the little madam is bottle refusing just to add to the misery DH did get up a couple of times to settle her but she is so loud that I wake up anyway. hmm

Going to do school run and come home and do zilch for the rest of the morning and will then decide about baby sensory depending on how I feel (but she loves it so no doubt will end up going)

Hope you had better night

Hugs, lost.

My 2 yo had his first nightmare last night sad we're also at my mums and the cotbed is in my room - we're in theirs until dd moves into a cot. So my parents tried to calm him. He had none of it.

So, 1:30am I was hugging a distraught toddler, 2:30 his daddy came up, my mum and dad slept on the couch, dd was up at 3 ... Not a good night.

This thread is not accepting new messages.