Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

January 2013 - part 3 - where we have to stop them rolling off the changing mats!

(1000 Posts)
octanegirl Sun 14-Apr-13 17:14:37

Ok, here we go with the new thread - we got to exactly 1000! Hope everyone enjoyed this balmy day. I got Felix out loads in the buggy smile

Pascha Wed 01-May-13 14:47:21

Meringue you can find disposable swim nappies size 3 upwards in any supermarket (Huggies little swimmers are the best) or reusable nappies that look like swim trunks in boots/mothercare etc.

Dan has a reusable one and a neoprene swim wrap over the top to keep his body warm. He lasts a lot longer in the pool this way. I love swimming it tires them out so well smile

Been to toddler group this morning then down to the beach for lunch. Lovely warm spring morning.

*cejay I am envy of your cleaner.

meringue hope you are feeling better today. I just took dd swimming and I recommend it for sending her straight off to sleep. our swimming pool has a baby pool with warm water and a sloped floor so you can walk in. I take dd's towel to the pool so I can wrap her straight in it when we get out, and a light dressing gown for myself because I have to feed her before I get myself dry. I don't have a shower afterwards, just wait till I get home.

Pascha Wed 01-May-13 14:54:03

Cejay DS1 is 3 in September and he's enrolled for preschool from then. I Can't Wait. He's driving me (nicely) up the wall now.

Lostbobbles Wed 01-May-13 15:11:06

Hello Ladies and thanks for birthday wishes x

Meringue good to hear you are feeling better today thanks

Lois did have a couple of better nights recently 7-12, 12-4, 4-7.30 but just as I was getting hopeful last night was awful and to top it off she has started bottle refusing. Wouldn't take one Sunday or last night. hmm (better cut the nonsense by Friday otherwise she is going to be hungry as I'm out that night)

Louise i say each to there own on parenting styles, what's works for some doesn't work for others. I leave Lois to cry sometimes as she gets so overtired she has total meltdown and won't even calm down while holding her so I figure she may as well cry in her cot. After couple of mins I find she responds to pu/pd.

Naps all over show here as we are very rarely at home she just sleeps when out and about but must total
approx 2-3 hours.

Had lovely couple of days lunching with friends and enjoying the sunshine. food goes a long way in making up for the sleep deprivation

Angielka Wed 01-May-13 20:02:01

Hope everyone had a good day! We piled in the car with the two kids and SIL and went for a day trip to Dinant - a little town with a lovely river and sun! We managed a meal in a restaurant with public breastfeeding and toddler wrangling, and a walk, and a drive, and made it home all in one piece. Celebrating our success with a flop on the sofa...

After sticking my head in the sand and refusing to believe it, as DS didn't cut a tooth until 6 months, I'm sure I've just felt a little razor on the bottom gum, left front! shock

Lostbobbles Wed 01-May-13 21:31:38

Bunty - bottom right over here, have been able to feel it for couple of weeks now shock

Not a good night. 2 hours madam has been awake for. She's barely ate today either. Maybe a trip to the dr tomo.

Lora1982 Thu 02-May-13 07:13:01

Dont wish to be a show off but someone slept 9-7, after the last time though i learnt i should dreamfeed else hed wake at four so i gave him some at half 11. So excited.. I thing it was the sleeping bag... So thats now a keeper. Im so happy im waffling.

On another note dp has a snotty cold and cough and went to lye down and breath on him i put a stop to that sharpish

Meringue33 Thu 02-May-13 07:40:14

Happy birthday Lost!
Sunshine has been lovely hasn't it smile

Yesterday was a perfect nap day!
Nap 1 walk in park - Cejay you are totally right!
Nap 2 drive to NCT meet up
Nap 3 drive home.
No tears and v happy baby.

Interesting night last night. I had planned to try and put LO to bed at 7pm but he decided to cluster feed for two and a half hours from 6.30-9pm. Then he slept soundly and refused the dream feed DP tried to give him later. He slept till 3.30am which was quite impressive but then was in a really smiley mood and wanted to get up for the day hmm

Sorry about your night Bunty sad Hope LO is ok.

Meringue33 Thu 02-May-13 07:43:40

Pascha where did you get the wrap?

Swimmers, what do you actually do in the pool, can the babies swim? Do they wear armbands?

Cejay8 Thu 02-May-13 07:56:34

Meringue, S has baby swimming 'lessons' once a week with turtle tots - it's mostly bouncing them in the water, singing songs, getting them used to being in the water at this stage - though she gets to go under water tomorrow grin. DS started at 3 months also and he's really confident in the water now and still has a lesson each week.

I can normally get her to have the first nap in her cot but later naps she resists! DS was the opposite and napped badly if we were out and about and would sleep for hours in his cot; so I often felt like a prisoner in my own home.

Hoping this sunshine continues over the weekend. We're going to start work on a wooden play house for DS (or rather DH is whilst I look after the kids hmm)

Cejay8 Thu 02-May-13 07:59:05

Forgot to say don't worry about using armbands or anything just hold baby in the water - 20 mins or so is probably enough

Pascha Thu 02-May-13 11:23:42

This is the one I have, Meringue, but I got mine from ebay for £2.80 grin

We go on a sunday morning. We take it in turns to play with DS1 on the flume and stuff and do lots of swishing about and gentle splashing with Dan. About half an hour is enough and the wrap keeps him very toasty. I then get out with him to dress/feed and drink coffee while DH and DS1 stay a while longer.

Its drizzling here. Stuck at home today.

Pascha Thu 02-May-13 11:25:47

Bunty hope C is better for you today and tonight. D has slept better the last couple of nights but last week was atrocious.

Meringue33 Thu 02-May-13 13:35:46

Cool, thanks both! Must get onto this, sounds loads of fun.

Cejay, bet you had a very clean house then though!

Thanks pascha. She's snoozing outside in the pram just now. I think we may also have an ear infection or something as she's refusing to nurse on the left. Which reminds me, I really had better pump it :/

meringue I just carry her around in the water, show her the toys in the baby pool, encourage her to splash around and get used to being in the water and getting her face wet

happyhow Fri 03-May-13 01:31:14

We've hit the growth spurt affecting night time feeding now. Currently, he thinks it's playtime and won't finish his feed or sleep. Not impressed.

On the bright side, survived hubby being in Holland overnight for work. In fairness, nothing was really different apart from him not being around to play with B.

lollipoppi Fri 03-May-13 07:33:52

Meringue we took dd swimming last week, she loved it, but only lasted about 20 mins, and have either bottle or boob at the ready for when you get out!
DD is still as asleep from 9pm last night! But ds1 has been up since 5.30am hmm DD is currently sleeping better than my 2.5yo!!

glorious Fri 03-May-13 07:38:40

Eugh, basically cluster feeding since 1am. I might actually collapse.

Pascha Fri 03-May-13 07:46:26

Must be the springtime. Dan fed every hour from 6.30 - 11pm and we had dinner in shifts hmm. Not done that for a while. He slept til 4, then 6.15am after that though so at least I got some sleep.

Taking ds1 swimming this morning then he's off to nannys for the afternoo and I can blitz the house before the weekend.

sad my poorly little poppet has an ear infection, which explains the waking up screaming and the general being a little bugger. I feel bad for feeling so frustrated the last few days.

Glad though I got an appt. DS always waited until the weekend to fall ill, and we'd end up at the out of hours doc in our local a&e with all the drunks, drug addicts etc, and never seen until at least 90m after the appt time.

Just waiting on our amoxicillin, and hopefully she'll be on the mend soon.

lollipoppi Fri 03-May-13 09:37:08

Oh no bunty, glad you got it sorted before the weekend, poor little love hope she is feeling better soon x

Birdies Fri 03-May-13 12:23:23

Poor thing bunty, hope she feels better soon.

Poor you happy and glorious, hope you have a better night tonight. I thought we were in for a rough night too when she woke half an hour after I'd gone to bed. But she then did two lots of 3-4 hour sleeps which is an improvement.

But why does a baby go from a consistent 8-9 hours, a quick feed, then another 3, to now really random waking up times? I don't get it. Is it really this wonder week thingy? Surely if it was teething she would be crying more?

This thread is not accepting new messages.