Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December 2012: Dribbles, giggles and rolls!

(1000 Posts)
IsThatTrue Fri 12-Apr-13 19:41:14

Thought we should get a new thread before the night shift wink

IsThatTrue Mon 06-May-13 06:04:56

ski I'm glad the feeding went well!

Is he settling better spotty or back to normal?

I'm having weird vivid dreams today!

He's settling better thanks but up every two to three hours sad up for the day just before six.

I'm wondering if I should be trying to settle him rather than just feed him if he wakes after less than three hours

Anyone else having summer top with nursing bra issues confused

utopian99 Mon 06-May-13 08:28:51

Yes- or rather how to end up not flashing acres of chest. Tried two vest tops over each other, but it's a bit warm that way..

I've opted for a slightly padded bikini top! When feeding in just going to chuck a muslin over my shoulder/boob!

Oh and IsThat I'm dreading nits. I always got them when I was younger my mum cut my ponytail off once sad dd's got really thick hair too I know it's only a matter of time!

MaMaPo Mon 06-May-13 09:18:46

Hi all - been a bit absent, not sure why! Haven't been so very busy.

Spotty and WillYou, sorry to hear of dreadful nights. brew for you both.

Ski, great news about your supply, it seems to be resuming well? Lots of work for you but I'm glad it's paying off.

A nice long weekend here - a few chores, lunch out (with fabulous boozy milkshakes - a revelation), some time in the sun, and a relatively chilled out baby.

C has been great recently - napping nicely, and sleeping well at night. Last night she took her dreamfeed fine at 10.30pm and then woke at 5am, slept again until 7.30am. I wonder if she would have settled at 5am without a feed - mostly I got her up as I was so sore, and she didn't drink lots of it. We now have a new nighttime settling routine -she has to sing to herself for at least 15 mins before I give her the dummy and she falls asleep. It's pretty cute.

So, all this success with napping and sleeping means only one thing - we're off to Australia on Wednesday and a 24 hour flight plus jet lag will fuck up everything. grin

Quiet house right now - baby and husband both napping. Aw.

Stacks Mon 06-May-13 09:37:43

It's nowhere near warm enough here for summer clothes sad I'm still in a vest, long sleeve tshirt and cardigan most days! It's often sunny but such a cold wind. Jealous of you lot down south. That said, DS has really, really fair skin/hair so even in our weak Scottish sun I'm paranoid about him getting burnt.
We had lots of wake ups last night, but he started off with a sleep from 8-10:40. I'm not sure if I fed off the wrong breast, but the one leaked everywhere! Through the muslin hastily shoved down my shirt, through my tshirt, and also soaking my pj trousers. I almost poked him awake to feed in the end.

Ski so glad the feeding went well. My boobs are often flat and empty feeling (when DS feeds often) but he still manages to get plenty milk out as he's a messy eater so I see it running down his chin/cheek when he pulls off to be nosey.

Spotty sorry you're still getting lots of wake ups. We are too. I've thought about trying to settle without boob, or at least to hold off picking up/feeding him if its been less than 3 hours. I had some success with it to - sometimes he'd just cry, but other times left to himself he'd resettle. He'd then wake up an hour or so later though wanting fed, so I was up more often overall. Might work if you keep it up for a few nights, T got ill though so I stopped.
Did your DH only offer to sleep elsewhere so you'd say no? Sounds like he's looking for sympathy. I hope he clams down soon and realises you're not punishing him for being ill.

Utopian hope your DH had a good birthday, and you enjoyed it all too. Nice to have you back even if I'm jealous of the sleep you're getting.

Isthat grats on your good sleep. Get expressing to ease discomfort? Maybe sleep with the pump by the bed it a bottle to hand express into for early morning relief.

Willyou did you get some sleep in the end?

It's ok dp and I laughed about it thus morning. Sorry it's still cold where you are, we're off to a BBQ soon I might get on the trampoline if my pelvic floor can take it wink

I'm ignoring everyone's good sleep and only letting stacks in my gang grin

Ds has been asleep in his cot for two hours!

Ski my boobs always feel empty because ds feeds so often.

Oh mama envy hopefully the jet leg won't be too bad!

IsThatTrue Mon 06-May-13 10:57:43

spotty it is so much easier to rid DS with his half inch long hair!!

stacks I've never really got on with a pump, I could hand express but I'm too lazy sleepy in the mornings to bother.

Just bought the kids new bikes, they both needed 20" wheels shock they were still on their tiny 10" ones with stabilisers. Off to the park to teach them to ride!

Stacks Mon 06-May-13 11:00:35

Spotty it might not be useful, but I'm going to spend some time today reading this site about babies and sleep. Thought you might be interested too, and others ofc.

Though "one study found...13% of babies had not regularly slept through for 5 hours or more by the age of 1 year." sad

FriendofDorothy Mon 06-May-13 11:13:04

We had a much better night. Thank goodness.

Absolutely beautiful day here today.

SkiBunnnnny Mon 06-May-13 15:46:15

Yay for all the good sleeps at last! Night feeds are so much easier now DS is back on the boob.

My plan yesterday for nursing outfit was a vest top under a baggy floaty t-shirt which worked pretty well.

Sorry stacks, I used to live in Scotland so I feel you're pain. It's so nice having proper winters then proper summers here. DS was in factor 60 and a sun hat yesterday, I fear he is going to be a pasty one like me.

ISpyPlumPie Mon 06-May-13 16:27:21

Gorgeous day here too - we went for a picnic. Both boys slathered in Factor 50 and sporting sunhats. I'm extremely pale and therefore completely paranoid about sunburn. Don't think N quite knows what to make of hot weather, it's such a novelty to him.

I got 11-3, 4-6:30. Not so good! But at least I'll be allowed in Spotty's gang.

I am beyond envy of your Australia trip Mama.

We've been out for a lovely picnic today too. J was smothered in factor 50 with a big sun hat. We've come home now and he's stripped off to a nappy as he's so overheated. Wish we were on hols and we could dip him in the pool!

Hope everyone's had a lovely day smile

Tut tut I got burnt shoulders blush

Thanks stacks I will have a read later.

Ds has started putting his fingers in his mouth when feeding hmm

Hmm I'm not sure WillYou I spy a four hour stint in there wink you can join if you bring pimms!

Bellaboo123 Mon 06-May-13 19:34:26

Hi ladies been a while but I thought I'd check in and say hi and see how you're all doing! We're both really well aurelia is just perfect so so happy and madly in love with her.

Just stopped bf last week I had gradually reduced down and now I'm weaning...where has the time gone?

I hope you're all well and enjoying ur little ones...anyone feeling broody for another yet??? X

WeeJo08 Mon 06-May-13 19:40:57

Sounds like lots of us have been out enjoying the sunshine! smile We have too - we had our first BBQ today. Soooo nice to be able to get outside! Glad sleeping's going well for so many & great that the feeding's going well Ski! grin

WLmum Mon 06-May-13 20:00:09

spotty T does that fingers in with boob thing!
A couple of times lately she has been fussy and wouldn't feed so I've put her in her pram where she has promptly fallen asleep!

ski so glad you're back on track with bfing - seems to have gone pretty smoothly, what a relief!

WLmum Mon 06-May-13 20:04:17

utopian 30th?!! I feel old! 2 years ago we celebrated dhs 40th!!!

WeeJo08 Mon 06-May-13 20:28:21
IsThatTrue Mon 06-May-13 20:30:05

I'm pretty lax with sun cream tbh but ds2 is always in the shade and big dcs are never out in full sun for more than half an hour as they melt like me. They didn't have any on today blush I really must do better, although none of them are even slightly pink so not too bad.

DH got DS to sleep! smile first time ever! I was helping dd with her homework that XH decided didn't need doing at the weekend even though its due in tomo and it was 7.15 so ds2 was tired and shouty. So DH took him and walked round singing. He was asleep by 7.45 smile he obviously woke at 8.15 as he hasn't eaten for 4 hrs, but he hasn't yet opened his eyes, he's just feeding, so will go straight back down.

2blessed Mon 06-May-13 20:36:01

Glad there's been lots of fun in the sun today, I've been indoors since saturday with a nasty cold. Dp has been great looking after ds and making me copious amounts of ginger tea.

This thread is not accepting new messages.