Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do you regret not doing NCT classes?

(9 Posts)
BeehavingBaby Wed 03-Apr-13 21:57:11

No, but I am a joiner and ended up helping out with loads of groups and things anyway. More natural who you fall in with then too. Also, poss not for London, but here your NCT group would be spread over a wider geographical area than where you'd end up bobbling about with baby. Most mums I know did NCT but got together much less often more formally than with our very local social group. Also aquanatal here does a squash and a biscuit afterwards smile

AmandaPayntedEgg Wed 03-Apr-13 21:43:47

I did them, and made one really good friend.

Apart from that, I didn't get anything out of them I didn't get from NHS antenatal classes.

justhayley Wed 03-Apr-13 21:41:50

I wish I would have done them. Not for the info as others have said you can find everything online & in books. I regret not joining for the social aspect. Iv met a great group of girls from my postnatal group @ the children's centre but NCT is really popular in my area & all the mums are really close to their groups.
If I have another bubba I will def join up smile

DolomitesDonkey Wed 03-Apr-13 17:05:04

Yes. Had I done NCT I could've been judged in person rather than just online for having c-sections and FF. wink

iseenodust Wed 03-Apr-13 17:01:58

Not a single regret. Thinking about it I only know one mum who did. Not sure if that says anything about NCT or my group of friends.

Thisisanoutrage Wed 03-Apr-13 17:00:52

No. I made friends at the surestart centre once baby arrived. Which was a free drop in group. I did go to two classes run by the hospital but I was unaware that I was meant to be making friends with anyone!

Phineyj Wed 03-Apr-13 17:00:01

If money is an issue just ask them - they can reduce the fee to much less than that. Yes of course you can get the info other ways and meet people other ways, however for me the main benefit was my DH getting the info and meeting other dads - he would not have done that by himself I don't think.

ChunkyPickle Wed 03-Apr-13 16:57:57

No.. but then I'm not really a joiner - and as to practical stuff the internet provided answers to every question.

lovelylara Wed 03-Apr-13 16:55:51

Just found out the NCT classes in my area (London) are £350 including membership! Some people say the main benefit of them is to make friends but this seems a rather expensive way of doing it...

So I was wondering if those of you who didn't do the classes feel you have missed out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now