Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - GTbaby is back! Hooray hooray!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Mon 01-Apr-13 17:48:16
StuntNun Tue 02-Apr-13 10:26:51

MM my mum bought us one of these from John Lewis and J sleeps really well in it, I think because it's so snug. I suspect he feels a bit lost in the big cot.

Kyzordz Tue 02-Apr-13 10:33:51

Morning all

pass p will develop just fine smile she sounds a lovely little thing

pr hope LO is ok bless her. Black bathroom stuff sounds lovely but in put off by the extra cleaning!

Feel so hazy today, meant to reply to so much at the end of the last thread but fuck knows what I wanted to reply to now. Will try to keep up with this thread better

Passmethecrisps Tue 02-Apr-13 10:44:26

Thank you kyz. She is lots of fun usually. She is so snotty poor wee sausage.

And I meant to say YW your post yesterday really helped. Strangely DH said apropo of nothing last night that he felt a bit boring for P. I told him what you said about our love and attention being unconditional for her and it makes so much sense. It also reminded me that p would only giggle when being held by DH or me and how quickly she gets upset if we leave her.

The jury seems to be out on Jumperoo. She loves standing and jumping. On me! She was standing on my knees smiling at the Jumperoo but got upset when in it. She's not well though so she might just not feel like it.

BigPigLittlePig Tue 02-Apr-13 10:47:45

F just grabbed something - my bank card. And waved it around with a big grin on her face. This does not bode well.

ValiumQueen Tue 02-Apr-13 10:51:04

pass have you ever tried calms? I found them helpful when I had insomnia a few years back. They are pretty harmless and you would still wake for wee one and be able to function if she needed you. It sounds like a good plan doing naps in her room to start with. I think once she is used to that she could cope with nights in there fine. She is a pretty cool dude relating to night sleep as far as I can tell.

J had two 3 hour naps yesterday, and still slept pretty darn well. He is a new baby since the special formula. Just his poo to sort. Apple cooked and cooling, awaiting scary bamix blending. Really quite pleased as it means my baby is growing up. I will not be sad to put the baby days behind me.

Those on px formula - how much are you given at a time? I am having to re-order 4 days after I get it as a tin lasts 3 days, and they only give me two at a time. I have requested more this time. I will not be trying him on regular formula until we have seen the dietician. I am still mixed feeding, which I am pleased about. We seem to have found a nice balance to suit him and me.

Passmethecrisps Tue 02-Apr-13 10:51:57

Hahahahahaha! A sign of things to come BP?

Passmethecrisps Tue 02-Apr-13 10:53:41

5 tins a time vq

ValiumQueen Tue 02-Apr-13 10:55:50

bp grin

stunt if they did a grown up version of that, I would buy it. Looks fab. J hates being restricted in any way. He sleeps with his arms outstretched, often holding the bars.

pass J is very good with his arms, but is not bothering with his legs, except for kicking to get the bouncer going. Standing and rolling are clearly not on his list of priorities.

ValiumQueen Tue 02-Apr-13 10:56:50

pass how long does a tin last P? These are wee 400g tins, I guess yours are a similar size.

Passmethecrisps Tue 02-Apr-13 11:19:18

Yup. 400g tins VQ. At 6 180ml bottles per day a tin lasts 2 days. I order a new prescription whenever we start the last prescription if that makes sense. Basically I always have a stock of 5 tins under the sofa. I do this because the pharmacy needs to order it in and I am scared of a supply issue.

Sophiathesnowfairy Tue 02-Apr-13 11:31:25

Love it bp grin

PetiteRaleuse Tue 02-Apr-13 11:56:03

pig that's funny.

LO being all fussy again this lunchtime. Need her to go to sleep but am worried putting her down will wake DD1. Who is asleep. In my bed. Sleep and potty training start next week. Once DH is recoevred from being snipped.

GTbaby Tue 02-Apr-13 13:01:38

Seems like some of our LO are not sleeping. hmm

LO here is teething. Screams n cries at times. Which is so distressing as I'm not used to it with him. He is a very contented baby most the time.
Last night was awful. He had tooth ach, was hot, n over tiered. Took ages to settle him. Used teething gel. Stood by a open window. Until he finally fell asleep.
But when he woke at 5am I bought him into my bed! Wtf am I doing. I have a LO who has no issues sleeping in his cot. But I'm still so jet lagged. Thought I'd feed him in bed. But he fell asleep before I picked bottle up. Maybe he was just cold n wanted a cuddle.

Those upswing teething gel do you use as standard every few hours? Or just when LO is in pain?

BigPigLittlePig Tue 02-Apr-13 13:10:12

Fecking reflux is back. I knew something was up. Fecking coffee. She hasn't stopped whining all morning, has vommed about 4 times, smells of acid. No smiles sad Will gaviscon still help? I think the main issue is the post-reflux pain rather than acid, as such. And I haven't had coffee since yesterday morning so the trigger should have gone...

Sophiathesnowfairy Tue 02-Apr-13 13:18:57

Credit card chat reminded me to order my going back to work shoes. sad

TheDetective Tue 02-Apr-13 13:43:39

BP I feel the same. A foggy mess is my head at the moment. Sometimes I wonder how I function. Also, love the bank card holding. Clever girl!

VQ I got one tin the first prescription. Handed prescription back to reception and said I needed 4 tins for a weeks supply. One tin lasts 2 days here also. IIRC 4.3g is in one scoop. There are 430g in the tin. 4.3 x 8 (ounce feeds) x 6 per day is equal to 206.4g per day, so 2 days is all I will get out of them. If the GP's query it, which they shouldn't, then you can show them that calculation.

I currently have 8 tubs, because I needed the repeat over the bank hol weekend, plus we are going away, so we needed a big supply.

HOWEVER!! After another horrendous night, DP is currently making up CMPF formula.

I'm really struggling again to work out what is wrong. Last night he settled in the cot eventually, but it took over an hour. And was generally horrific. He did stay asleep after that - til 2am. Again. At 2am, he was fed. By me. And then was wide awake. After 10 minutes he fell asleep. I put him in his cot. He woke straight up. He whinged, but not in a crying or distressed way. More in a 'I'm awake' way. I tried white noise. Didn't do a thing. He eventually started crying, so DP got up and tried to settle him. He'd get him to sleep, put him down, and come back in our room. Would get back in bed, and he would wake up again. So we gave calpol. Seemed to calm him a little, but no help with sleep. Eventually DP kept him asleep on him. He woke a couple of times because DP stopped rocking and patting him. At 4am, he finally slept. He woke at 6 for a feed, and settled, but again on DP. Until 8. Which doesn't sound bad. But he was fine sleeping in his cot before this? And settled fine. He behaved like this when he was a newborn!

He's fussing with feeds, properly screaming, arching, punching even(!) at the bottle, will take 3 oz which is what he always did when the reflux was at his worse. I can get another 2oz in, but I have to sing - he point blank refuses it otherwise. How can one little baby be so fucking strong? He actually hurts me, and DP too!

Both me and DP were pretty much in tears last night with it all.

TheDetective Tue 02-Apr-13 13:44:45

Sophia You just reminded me, I threw mine away as they were falling apart! Must get new ones sad

Got my shifts today. First shift back is Thursday 2nd May. Thank fuck it isn't nights.

ChunkyEasterChick Tue 02-Apr-13 13:44:50

GT when I thought DS was teething I tried an amber anklet. It's all a bit voodoo (which I don't buy into) but he was happier once I put it on, & slept through for the first time in 2mths, so I don't care how or why it works, as long as it keeps doing it grin Try www.babyteethingnecklace.co.uk/catalog.html

ChasingDaisy Tue 02-Apr-13 14:21:16

pig sorry you're feeling so tired and crap thanks

GT I use teething gel whenever he seems fussy or in pain because of teeth. The one I have says there is no maximum usage.

Had O's 4 month check. His weight has gone from 25th to 50th percentile which I'm pleased about as I worry he doesn't take enough milk. He obviously knows what he's doing though. Length is 50th percentile and head circumference 90th shock

The skin on his arm is eczema so need to see GP for a prescription. She also agreed with me about him not being a good candidate for early weaning due to his small feeds and agreed with my plan to wait until 26 weeks. I'm glad she agreed with what my instincts were telling me.

It was a nice 5 mile round trip in the sunshine which was good for us both and he is now snoozing on my chest smile

Limpit80 Tue 02-Apr-13 14:21:49

*BP

ValiumQueen Tue 02-Apr-13 14:26:37

I think I am doing quite well making a tin last 3 days then. J has a max of 5 bottles a day, sometimes only 4, and he has 7oz feeds. So much for him being a hungry baby. He does have bm too, but not much at all.

detective I would think if it were CMPI with O it would have resulted in problems very quickly with the LF formula. He has been on it at least 3 weeks has he not? I would be more inclined to think reflux or teething but it is worth a try giving him the CMPI formula.

J is not impressed with apple. Not impressed at all. Cue gagging, bless him. Will try again tomorrow and thin it a bit.

PetiteRaleuse Tue 02-Apr-13 14:32:00

Might be a little sour. I remember DD1 shuddering as she swallowed apple at the beginning. i think annabel Karmel suggests adding a bit of cinnamon to soften the bite.

ValiumQueen Tue 02-Apr-13 14:35:46

pr yes, it was a bit sour now you mention it (mean mummy).

Detective The clothes you linked to are lovely. Love the Mark and Sparks ones, and there's a sale on shock
I'd wanted rompers to just pop on over a nappy at the side of the pool. She has a few dresses. I might just put her in vests or dresses though

I've had a look and managed to find this and this
Also found some gorgeous things on JoJo, Vertbaudet and Zulily but they're a bit more expensive so i'm trying to resist grin

Madame is a wingebag today. Haven't got any jobs done yet that I wanted to. She normally entertains herself for a bit but today she's just moaning and refusing to nap angry

She's also cut her feeds down, she hardly has a big feed. Sometimes when she does feed she has a bit then arches her back, pulls away and looks around so it squirts everywhere and then she wont go back on. She seems to be being sick more as well and always all over me I keep having the odd worry she's not getting enough but she seems happy enough, just not interested in boob sad

TheDetective Tue 02-Apr-13 14:58:20

VQ I'm not sure, but he started off fine with the other formulas too, but it built up and up and up to the whole refusal to feed thing. It's hard to explain. He was ok for 2 weeks on the Staydown stuff. Yes, he has had the LF for 3 weeks now.

I seem to remember someone saying to me that the LF was closer to the CMP free stuff. I think even the consultant said that. She said to keep with the LF if he was ok, any signs he was not, give the CMPF. I've got 1 bottle of LF made up, and 4 CMPF free. My goal was 2 weeks on the LF to see the difference.

God it is fucking tough sometimes.

Fatima I love those rompers! I was looking for rompers for you, but the choice was shite! I didn't think about Boots! D'oh!

Oooh, actually now I think, I've got some from Mothercare. Animal ones. Will link. Well I would do, but their site is down?! I'll link when up!

To be honest, if it is a pool holiday, mine lived in the sunsuits, the UV protection ones. We hardly put clothes on any of us! Just in the evening. So sun dresses and cardis would be ok for then?! And in May (is it May you go?) is still quite cool wherever you go in the evening, so tights would be needed too. Or even full babygrows with a cardi.

I'm a total baby clothes addict. blush

TIP! For anyone who is looking! I got the kiddicare buggy bag today! £14.99 for a double buggy bag. Well, I'll pop the pictures on facebook! But, I have got in it - the pram frame, the seat unit, the car seat adapters, raincover AND the motherfuckin' car seat!!! AWESOME! I can't believe we got it all in! And there is room for other stuff around it!

Going to put some blankets and toys in, along with the tubs of formula, nappies, wipes and his swim stuff. It really is fecking huge!!! It just about zips up over the car seat, and was a bit tetris fitting it in, but it definitely does, and as I say, plenty of room around for other stuff!

I ordered 2, in case one wasn't big enough for the frame and the car seat - which was all were were originally planning on taking. But may as well take seat unit since we can! Will send the other one back!

DS1 was inside it this morning. With O! Who loved it. Pair of weirdos!

This thread is not accepting new messages.