Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - We're ready for Spring... any time now please!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 26-Mar-13 13:40:05
Sophiathesnowfairy Sun 31-Mar-13 14:32:38

chasing I am in yw s team. Fresh air is really healing.

Sounds like a great run yw just did an hours walk and feel ready for the afternoon.

TheDetective Sun 31-Mar-13 14:44:06

Well done J! You mut be over the moon Izzy!!

I have good news here! I can hold my own piss!! grin I can now stop mid flow... aaaaaand, the dull pain that was there at the end of a wee, has fucked off to fuckery land! Awesome! Now, to work on knowing when I need to wee.....!

O had his dream feed last night, and went straight back down, and woke bang on 3. So I thought, ok, he wants a feed. DP did the feed, and there was an almightly vomit explosion everywhere. We don't usually get that at night! So I had to get up and clear up. O eventually settled back down, but DP said it took a good while. Then I realised, that maybe he hadn't woken for a feed, as it must have really been 2 - the clocks change at 2 right? And my phone does it automatically! Stupid damn clocks!

DP said he was up for the day at 7.15 (which was really 6.15). So I am pretty sure it is DP causing the early mornings. He sleeps for me. Hah.

I think a lot of us are obsessing about sleep these days... or rather, the lack of it. I expected this for the first year, so I'm not feeling too disappointed yet!. I do feel like its one step forward, 10 steps back though!

TheDetective Sun 31-Mar-13 14:47:48

I think DP is losing it grin. So far I have found the packet of grated cheese in the freezer. And the box of stuffing in the fridge.

In TMI news, my fanjo smells like fucking strawberries. Ran out of normal condoms. grin And my ovulation is making itself known big style grin. DP can't keep up!!! There's a first wink.

Oh my god, I can't even go for a shit in peace! I'm going to have to start locking the door instead of just shutting it. Twice this weekend I have gone for a poo -and MN-- and DH has brought M to see me. Why the hell does she want to come see mummy having a bloody turd?!! Today he even plonked her on my knee so he could turn the bath taps on. Whilst I was sat on the toilet. Then he wandered off with her leaving the door open. I shouted after him to shut the bloody door as I'd at least like to wipe my arse in privacy!!

Sorry for that hideous outburst, just wanted to get it off my chest grin

Thanks to those with the cot suggestions. I've rolled up a cot blanket and put that down the side of the mattress and the fitted sheet over both for now. We're going to buy some foam to cut and put down the side, see how that works. If its doesn't then looks like we'll have to spend more on a bespoke mattress as well as the airwrap bumpers.
The current mattress measures 120x60cm and the inside of the cot measures 122x64cm. I know 4cm doesn't seem like much but it looks like more, you could definitely get an arm or foot down the side

Was it limpit that has an Oyster? Did you try the seat unit? How did it look, too big or ok?

drtective The clocks changed at 1am to 2am. I was awake feeding and watched my phone do it I have no life but if he woke at 3am then that would be like 2am on a previous night

TheDetective Sun 31-Mar-13 15:33:56

I promise, you are not alone. Not only do I get DP and O coming for a viewing of me having a dump. The dog pitches in too. In fact, she's the first one in there. DP locks the door. I did once. And do you know what? The bastard unlocked it from the outside. angry

Grrrrrrrr!!!!

TheDetective Sun 31-Mar-13 15:35:39

He's been vommy all day now. So god knows what's going on! Bah!

He's just in a vest. Got fed up changing him!

PennieLane Sun 31-Mar-13 16:16:06

last night woke every hour and fed for 30 mins. Am exhausted and hoping she hasn't done some weird turnaround and now will not sleep! She's nearly 20 wks hmm

ValiumQueen Sun 31-Mar-13 16:34:57

Thank you cat smile

izzy I believe I did say that would happen grin really chuffed for you both x

yw well done on the run. I bet you feel awesome.

detective I think I have gone off strawberries.

fatima bits of foam should sort that fine. I would have an under-sheet permanently on it perhaps? Unless dirty obviously, then just change sheets as needed. Less faffing. Perhaps a couple of stitches to keep it in place? I think the main danger is if their wee head can get stuck, which with 2cm would not happen, but 4cm could possibly. I would not buy a new one personally.

evil as others have said, food is fun til 1. Do not worry, just try to enjoy x

I made a roast dinner! It was fucking awesome! A lamb leg, frozen from Farmfoods for £7. Best lamb I have ever tasted,we had masses, and there is loads left! Roast Potatoes were perfect too. Quite proud of myself. Also had Easter egg hunt, and made crispie cakes. Nigella eat your heart out!!!

kirrinIsland Sun 31-Mar-13 16:47:57

Well I am late to the party as always but well done J and yay for izzy smile

And pennie N is 20 weeks tomorrow and we also spent more of last night awake than asleep. I was looking forward to it getting easier after 12 weeks. I am an idiot.

However, I did manage to get her to nap earlier without my boob in her mouth! She even did 15 minutes in the cot. I did it by shushing and rocking so I suspect I am merely swapping one vice for another, but she'll never settle in her cot if she needs to be feeding to sleep so I figured this the lesser of 2 evils for now.

glendatheveryexcitedwitch Sun 31-Mar-13 16:55:22

Cooooeeeeee <waves madly at everyone>

I've only read last couple of pages so now idea what the buggery you've all been up to - if anyone's pregnant, getting married, getting divorced or leaving the country please repeat for my eyes!!!

Chasing - not read what has been happening sorry but have gathered from everyone's reply that you need hugs and support xxx

Well I survived the first 'proper' week of uni and other than having my brain implode from an a & p lecture everything else seems doable!! Have met some lovely people and some already annoying people and some fabulous lecturers.

Dottie has been a bit of a monkey since getting home from Cornwall and has evaded all attempts to move her bedtime from 10.30 to 9, going in the wrong direction and having 1 or 2 feeds in the night as well as taking hours and tears to get her to go down. Last night we had a breakthrough when input her on her side and she rolled on to her front and self settled to sleep - cue 9 hours solid and a happy baby and mommy, I've just put her down for a nap she still doesn't do naps on her front and she self settled and has been down for over an hour!!! Long may it continue!!!!

Hope everyone is well

Happy chocolate egg day xx

Limpit80 Sun 31-Mar-13 17:09:33

We have been up north with family for the Easter weekend and so have just skim read, but happy Easter to all!
Vq you truly are a domestic Easter goddess!
Detective grin at strawberry fanjo! Just lolled on a crowded train!
Yes to whoever (sorry) said their DP takes ages to get ready! I sometimes feel mine is on a go slow!
Fatima If my DP came in with LO while I was on the toilet, he would soon find himself a single parent! grin.
It is me with the Oyster. He loves the stroller! Which is such a relief as he always hated the pram. The only downside is that he refuses to go to sleep in it because he enjoys looking out so much. I do up the harness nice and tight so he doesn't slip down and its great.

Limpit80 Sun 31-Mar-13 17:24:33

oh and also, chasing I dont know you, so you can tell me to mind my own, but just wanted to say that my mum found herself parenting me and my bro alone in difficult circumstances and I know sometimes she felt like you do now but fwiw we are both so proud and appreciative of everything she did for us. and I like to think we've turned out alright wink. We drive each other mad sometimes, but I dread to think what life would have been like without her. Hang in there. flowers

YellowWellies Sun 31-Mar-13 17:34:31

Yey Oxford! <does boat race dance>

DS is having a meltdown as his Dad only managed to get him to sleep for 45 mins whilst I was out running, rather than the 1.5 hours he needs in the middle of the day. Why? Well he thought rather than walk with the buggy he'd just sit on a bench... I think he's rather learnt there's a reason I walk with the bear if he's nap avoiding. wink

He's turned into a gremlin so DH has had to take him for a drive. The roast dinner DH was cooking is nearly done - do you reckon he'd notice if I ate all the crackling??? grin

ChasingDaisy Sun 31-Mar-13 17:43:15

I love the boat race YW and I was backing Oxford this year smile

Haven't managed to fully catch up, but sorry to those having sleep woes and yay Izzy!

VQ that sounds like a lovely day and thank you for your kind words yesterday.

I have spent today in a bit of a haze and tried to keep busy. Packed up all O's newborn and 0-3 clothes and did plenty of housework. Have also been mentally dividing up our stuff and looking at how much stuff I'll have to move if I move out.

ChunkyEasterChick Sun 31-Mar-13 17:45:44

fatima I hear you!! I think, with a walking toddler, a baby & a DH with boundary issues grin, I haven't had a private poo in years at least in the day, but who wants to poo at 4am out of choice??!!! If I'm on the loo, DD will come up & want to show me something, even if I'm saying "I'll be down in a minute!!!" hmm

ValiumQueen Sun 31-Mar-13 18:03:03

I refuse to have company for a poo. The only peace I have is in the loo or shower. I also get performance anxiety.

PetiteRaleuse Sun 31-Mar-13 18:07:25

We're at 7 oz so far today, plus 4 during the night. I have a horrible feeling the ear infection is on its way back... But paracetamol is hardly touching it and I'm not giving her nurofen when she is eating so little.

ValiumQueen Sun 31-Mar-13 18:14:16

pr so sorry to hear things are not good. Does she need looking at? Has she got a fever? How is she in herself? Is she getting dehydrated at all?

ValiumQueen Sun 31-Mar-13 18:18:59

J has just had his first taste of prune juice. The jury is out.

PetiteRaleuse Sun 31-Mar-13 18:20:23

No fever but a slight temp earlier on, gone now. She's not dehydrated yet, and she goes from being happy to being obviously distressed. Sleeping quite a bit. We were out and about this morning and she just slept in my baby carrier thing.

She does need to be seen, but not urgently. I'll take her in tomorrow if she gets worse or eats less, otherwise will definitely take her in on Tuesday morning. Would like to avoid a&e if possible but will obviously take her if she gets worse. Poor little girl. She's acting as she did the days before her ear drum perforated what, all of ten days ago.

This is all getting very very boring.

In other news I have Mr Sodding Bloom's themesong in my head all sodding day.

Sophiathesnowfairy Sun 31-Mar-13 18:31:06

Oo dear pr has age a temp? Tbh, nurofen is the on,y thing for a temp. An you get to the DRs tomorrow?

Thanks for that * detective* though I wish I a a strawberry smelling fanjo, t s just something I can aspire to.

fatima wave bye bye to private pooing in daylight hours. The only time I get cross is when I have a period, -- so the last 5 months then-- and I can't sort myself out without difficulty.

DS 1 is still rough. His temp is 39.3, although I have a manaaged to bring it down with nurofen and a lukewarm bath. He is in shorts and and a t shirt and as only eaten toast and a Thomas yoghurt today and drank water. As long a he drinks I don't care.

QQ, I had the flu jab when I was pregnant, while that be protecting Olly as well do you think? This flu bug has been working it's way round the family, I am really hoping me and Olly escape it.

PetiteRaleuse Sun 31-Mar-13 18:41:39

I much prefer using paracetamol Sophia especially on an almost empty tummy. My poor babies I am so fed up for them and for myself.

ChasingDaisy Sun 31-Mar-13 19:05:08

Just had an absolutely hysterical O sad. He started screaming as soon as he was put in his bath. I finally managed to calm him down with cuddles but he screamed again as soon as he went back in the bath. I have no idea whats wrong. It wasn't too hot and he usually loves bath time.

YellowWellies Sun 31-Mar-13 19:44:54

Wish us luck for our first British summertime bedtime. Have stretched him out so he's up and being bathed half an hour later, by the clock - so we shall see. Thanks to DH being in charge of napping duties and failing we do have a tired baby at least. Hopefully he won't notice this wonderful Scottish light night. Good luck quiche!

This thread is not accepting new messages.