Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

November 2012 - We're ready for Spring... any time now please!

(1000 Posts)
StuntNun Tue 26-Mar-13 13:40:05
itsnotyouitsMeals Tue 26-Mar-13 20:15:45

chunky yes bf. have cut dairy now losing soya too but not sure tbh if it's working. Am a non meat eater so will miss tofu sad. Have got ranitidine which helps a bit as the vomming we can cope with but not the pain. Have a paed referral from lovely doctor too. What about you? X

BigPigLittlePig Tue 26-Mar-13 20:27:29

meals and chunky - this may be granny/eggs but the worst things for us when F was refluxey, and which I still have to largely avoid, are chocolate, tea, coffee, fizzy drinks (caffeine in general). All the fun things then.

itsnotyouitsMeals Tue 26-Mar-13 21:33:29

Not at all bplp any suggestions welcomed. . Don't have fizzy drinks except non alcoholic beer and have quit dairy (though bourbons are ok!) but coffee I haven't. So maybe that too sad

kirrinIsland Tue 26-Mar-13 22:40:19

Marking place

Elizadoesdolittle Tue 26-Mar-13 22:51:08

Another one hating this fucking freezing shitty arseing weather. I love going out and about but this weather just makes it impossible to be outside.

Catbag Wed 27-Mar-13 00:47:54

eliza I agree. Been outside for a walk once with the babies in the last week. I'm climbing the fucking walls.

Fucking 'sailing by' is on. It always makes me want to weep cos it means I am not asleep. Was like that all through my pregnancy too.

<<weeps>>

itsnotyouitsMeals Wed 27-Mar-13 00:53:47

Oh but I love the shipping forecast. Read a great book about it once. Then met the author and embarrassed myself by gushing about it.

Sorry you're not asleep cat. Hope you get some zeds soon.

Catbag Wed 27-Mar-13 01:03:48

I like the shipping forecast too if I am honest, but there is something just so fucking resolutely happy about sailing by that it makes me want to put my eyes out. There was a time where I wouldn't consider going to sleep for hours yet, and if I was on a night out I wouldn't sleep at all. Now I guard my sleep like an angry doberman. Or a weepy laborador, I guess.

Catbag Wed 27-Mar-13 01:12:50

Catbag the weepy fucking laborador hmm

TheDetective Wed 27-Mar-13 02:16:54

I nearly woke O up chuckling at that image cat!!!

Fuck. Glad I went to bed just after 10. O awake at 12 something. I think. I can't remember. Phone chucked in cot.

He woke again at 1.50 tried white noise and he seemed to be going but then started wailing again so I ramped up the white noise and added SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH over and fucking over from me. He would start to drift off, but then wake. So I sent DP for a bottle punishment! and he took 3 fucking ounces. Fuckflaps.

The whining he did... For 3oz? I'm shattered already and the day has not yet begun! He'll be awake again in a few minutes hours.

Transfer attempt....

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Wed 27-Mar-13 02:44:16

We are up feeding. Nowhere near as bad as I was expecting.

Sorry to see others have found themselves around too sad

I especially hope cat or shall we call you dog is asleep!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Wed 27-Mar-13 03:01:25

Seems likr everyone else is having a good night tucked up in bed. lucky things

Or else everyone who is up is too tired to post. If that's the case hello!

StuntNun Wed 27-Mar-13 03:08:51

I'm here Izzy on the second feed of the night. Too tired to think of anything to day.

YellowWellies Wed 27-Mar-13 03:09:53

Yawn well it seems three o'clock is the new five am. Meh. Glad I went to bed early. envy

Det maybe he was just thirsty rather than hungry? When my mouth is dry in the night sometimes all I need is a wee sip of water to stop my mouth feeling like a cat litter tray grin

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Wed 27-Mar-13 03:12:52

Were still here and still feeding!! I knew this would happen as he took so little during the day! Not sure how I can make him take more though. You can put a baby to boob but can't make him feed!

Hello stunt and yw nice to see its not just me up!

rowingdowntheriver Wed 27-Mar-13 03:20:31

Morning! Have not been on for ages as am usually too tired to mumsnet! Had been getting frustrated at LO's sleep but can see that he is not the only one waking at 3am! Infact 3 is ok - it is usually 2.30, 4.30 then 6.30. Gah, I'd have hoped he'd be sleeping better now he's 5 months!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Wed 27-Mar-13 03:23:49

Hello rowing you are most definitely not alone. We are STILL FUCKING here!! It is sweary wed right?? J still feeding. Has been since 2.40am. I am cold and tired and can hear DH snoring which is remindibg me with every breath that he is asleep and I am not!!

ChasingDaisy Wed 27-Mar-13 03:25:27

Here too. O has been flapping around his cot since 2am. I went to bed at 8:30 and have managed a grand total of 3 hours sleep. Fucking meds induced insomnia angry

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Wed 27-Mar-13 03:28:15

Oh dear chasing that's not good. Especially if you managed bed early sad I have no tips on getting to sleep I'm afraid.

ChasingDaisy Wed 27-Mar-13 03:28:38

Impressive thread stealing Luis

ChasingDaisy Wed 27-Mar-13 03:31:39

Thanks izzy, its just the side effects of the antidepressants. Should hopefully only last a couple of weeks hmm Not sure how many nights of it I can take.

Sorry to see you up at this time. I think 3am is supposed to be the time that humans are at their most vulnerable.

MaMaPo Wed 27-Mar-13 03:33:48

Signing in. C did dream feed at 10.30 then woke her (and me) up with poosplosion at midnight. Proceeded to machine-gun poo all over me during the change. FFS. Awake again now but I think I've dummied her to sleep again.

Fuck it she slept through twice last weekend!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Wed 27-Mar-13 03:35:41

I had bad PND after my dd and was on citalopram then but I had post partum psychosis so was on anti psychotics too which were heavily sedative so I never had trouble sleeping. Lack of sleep is torture and even more so if you know you could be sleeping and just can't. I hope it settles for you quickly.

In other news j has stopped feeding. Only cos I moved a bit I think!!

Izzybuzzybuzzybees Wed 27-Mar-13 03:41:18

Fuck!!! He's not asleep. He's in cot awake ans grumpy and I'm cross legged on the floor with my arm through cot bars holding his hand!!

ChasingDaisy Wed 27-Mar-13 03:42:53

Im on fluoxetine which is in the same family of antidepressants I believe.

Gosh, you had a rough time of it with your DD1 sad. My mum has psychosis so it was always a worry of mine.

Gah, failed transfer attempt. This never happens, what is up with him?

This thread is not accepting new messages.